PDA

View Full Version : When will the pet UI be added to the green server?

joshy8910
03-19-2020, 02:30 PM
Just made a enchanter and I realized that the pet UI has not been added yet, making pet classes very unpleasant. Was wondering if this is a kunark addition or if we will see this added before kunark. Thanks

Balimon
03-19-2020, 02:42 PM
I don't believe it will happen on Green. You get used to it pretty quick, just make macros for everything.

joshy8910
03-19-2020, 03:41 PM
what macros?

Stickyfingers
03-19-2020, 03:42 PM
what macros?

/pet attack
/pet sit
/pet guard
/pet follow
/pet status
etc...

Hideousclaw
03-19-2020, 03:44 PM
Just made a enchanter and I realized that the pet UI has not been added yet, making pet classes very unpleasant. Was wondering if this is a kunark addition or if we will see this added before kunark. Thanks

It was added post-velious. i think in Luclin? So it'll never hit green, from what i remember.

ewjax
03-19-2020, 04:55 PM
Another useful macro:

Name = P Target
Line1 = /pet target
Line2 = /assist

Line1 has the effect of tapping F1, F1, i.e. it targets your pet
Line2 assists your pet and leaves you targeted on whatever your pet is killing

Now, assuming you have a key mapped to "Toggle last two targets" (I have mine mapped to NumpadEnter), after you start a pet fight, you can first hit this macro key, then use your ToggleLastTwoTargets key to toggle between pet and target to watch both their health.

Fammaden
03-19-2020, 04:56 PM
Consider blue.

Swish
03-19-2020, 05:48 PM
Consider blue.

lol so dead tsk :rolleyes:

Kalamurv
03-19-2020, 08:28 PM
I remember in classic there were 2 different guard modes for pets, /pet guard here and /pet guard me.... If I remember correctly one your pet would attack anything that hit you, the other it would attack anything that came around you

Secrets
03-19-2020, 09:22 PM
to answer the OP, never, not classic.

Albanwr
03-19-2020, 11:40 PM
to answer the OP, never, not classic.

I hate this answer. There are so many things "not classic" on green. The answer is becoming to be nothing more than a sad meme

Madbad
03-19-2020, 11:51 PM
/pet health

thats a key one

El-Hefe
03-20-2020, 12:03 AM
I hate this answer. There are so many things "not classic" on green. The answer is becoming to be nothing more than a sad meme

Stop asking for more to not be classic and it won’t come up.

BlackBellamy
03-20-2020, 12:59 AM
Yeah now that some things aren't classic, then my pet issue shouldn't be either.

Also ZERO/10 for this thread. No rant or flame here.

Albanwr
03-20-2020, 01:56 AM
Stop asking for more to not be classic and it won’t come up.

I have never asked for anything. But the answer is a meme.

El-Hefe
03-20-2020, 02:01 AM

It just seems that way because people are constantly asking for shit that goes against the stated goal of the project. Once people get it through their thick ass heads to stop asking for non-classic shit then the meme will go away.

Swish
03-20-2020, 03:27 AM
/pet health

thats a key one

/pet report health

Secrets
03-20-2020, 05:36 AM

Not a meme, I was actually serious. Project 1999 is a classic server first and foremost. The pet UI was not ingame until December 2001, after the release of Shadows of Luclin.

There's a lot of changes to the original game to make sure that the feeling of classic is still in tact that are reasonably classic, like the zone experience modifiers being heightened for indoor dungeons among others despite them not having an insane modifier in classic, like Crushbone. The combat formulas on Project 1999 are not classic, but tuned in a way that they're similar to what people remember. I recall Rogean mentioning that he remembers a warrior geared a specific way was able to tank AoW and he manually tuned the damage until it aligned right. Item linking is another example of a non-classic mechanic kept in as it's one of the QOL adjustments that players have become accustomed to. Item linking came in at Luclin. Hidecorpse looted is in and is a very later era feature. The list goes on...

That also means if something was exploitable or majorly game-changing - such as clickies not intended to be used by specific classes, or vendor-bought items that can be crafted into items that sell for more than their purchase price, and others, that it will be reviewed by the staff on a case by case basis and adjust them if it wasn't something often done in Classic -> Velious EQ. And that is up to the discretion of Nilbog and Rogean. Your opinion really doesn't matter if you think something is classic or not here; their word is law, they don't answer to you. The NPCs in this game are more important to them than the players, especially after 10 years of dealing with rude asshats in the endgame raid scene among other drama-causers.

If you don't like it, there are plenty more classic-style EQ servers to play on that have different ideas of how to preserve the game, though none will have as big of a population as Project 1999.

Fammaden
03-20-2020, 08:41 AM
Not a meme, I was actually serious. Project 1999 is a classic server first and foremost. The pet UI was not ingame until December 2001, after the release of Shadows of Luclin.

There's a lot of changes to the original game to make sure that the feeling of classic is still in tact that are reasonably classic, like the zone experience modifiers being heightened for indoor dungeons among others despite them not having an insane modifier in classic, like Crushbone. The combat formulas on Project 1999 are not classic, but tuned in a way that they're similar to what people remember. I recall Rogean mentioning that he remembers a warrior geared a specific way was able to tank AoW and he manually tuned the damage until it aligned right. Item linking is another example of a non-classic mechanic kept in as it's one of the QOL adjustments that players have become accustomed to. Item linking came in at Luclin. Hidecorpse looted is in and is a very later era feature. The list goes on...

That also means if something was exploitable or majorly game-changing - such as clickies not intended to be used by specific classes, or vendor-bought items that can be crafted into items that sell for more than their purchase price, and others, that it will be reviewed by the staff on a case by case basis and adjust them if it wasn't something often done in Classic -> Velious EQ. And that is up to the discretion of Nilbog and Rogean. Your opinion really doesn't matter if you think something is classic or not here; their word is law, they don't answer to you. The NPCs in this game are more important to them than the players, especially after 10 years of dealing with rude asshats in the endgame raid scene among other drama-causers.

If you don't like it, there are plenty more classic-style EQ servers to play on that have different ideas of how to preserve the game, though none will have as big of a population as Project 1999.

Fuckin' mic drop, /applaud

(Consider blue today.)