PDA

View Full Version : Let's pause Greens timeline 60 days during this global crisis.

GreyCleric
03-18-2020, 06:35 PM
Let's pause the timeline for 60 days during this growing global pandemic that is or will be shortly effecting every single person's life on the planet in some way (that sounds crazy to say but is 100% factual) since this has never happened before in our lifetime.

Let's pause things here, take the pressure off as people rush to finish legacy items and make the server a place people can come to and escape reality without any deadlines, giving people time if they were to even start on the server today.

I dont think in the grand scheme of things 60 days will put the server out of "classic". I've played off and on during the launch of both of red and blue and I get the naysayers, but this is uncharted territory. Let's do our part to make this as stress free as possible.

Uuruk
03-18-2020, 06:40 PM
Idiot

El-Hefe
03-18-2020, 07:43 PM
I’d personally prefer they accelerate the timeline, the really server needs some Kunark or at very least the Temple of Ro.

But that won’t happen, nor should it. Let the Project continue on as planned. A year from now nobody will care who got what legacy item.

Jubal
03-18-2020, 08:44 PM
Accelerate timeline. Solro era monday.

galach
03-18-2020, 08:53 PM
no.

Sarkhan
03-18-2020, 09:00 PM
I'd want to say yes just because I'm having a blast and don't want it to move yet, I still want that lustrous!

But I voted No because a timeline was set out and wouldn't want to sped up or slowed down.

BlackBellamy
03-18-2020, 09:51 PM
Let's do our part to make this as stress free as possible

Right, so your suggestion will be the opposite of that.

What is happening: Unprecedented chaos and a substantive change in our society.
What people crave: Normalcy, predictability, the same routine.

P99 is completely predictable, both in it's published and public timeline and in it's ancient and time-worn mechanics. You are seeking to change that strictly for your own needs. That's because you want more time for your manastone and your guise because everyone is working from home and the server is more crowded now. Perfectly understandable demand, but don't cloak it in piety. There are many people sick of /lists and the stress and drama they cause and would like to be done with endless rubicite camping and move on to the next scheduled thing. Sorry about your guise, you can roll a Rogue later and you can always save up for a stone.

Doktoor
03-18-2020, 10:02 PM
Why? We all have more time to play now? COVID19 quarantine is not classic... Server numbers are up...

magnetaress
03-18-2020, 10:11 PM
I play red, but ya you could do both. Open ro. Maybe make limited kunark, like all iksar noob areas + OT, FM, FV. But no dungeons available. N freeze timeline with legacy items till this blows over.

Issar
03-18-2020, 10:25 PM
I play red, but ya you could do both. Open ro. Maybe make limited kunark, like all iksar noob areas + OT, FM, FV. But no dungeons available. N freeze timeline with legacy items till this blows over.

I want an Iksar warrior with a guise too!

magnetaress
03-18-2020, 10:29 PM
I want an Iksar warrior with a guise too!

I feel dirty now. I didn't actually think it through & the thought genuinely never crossed my mind.

All that said. This is 2020. It's p99 green. This wouldn't be horrifically game breaking & would meld into the final vlassic timeline, as Iksars are basically cool & normal by velious.

OuterChimp
03-19-2020, 09:06 AM
The coronavirus isn't transmittable to your alts so I vote NO!

Bondrake
03-19-2020, 09:36 AM
Let's pause the timeline for 60 days during this growing global pandemic that is or will be shortly effecting every single person's life on the planet in some way (that sounds crazy to say but is 100% factual) since this has never happened before in our lifetime.

Let's pause things here, take the pressure off as people rush to finish legacy items and make the server a place people can come to and escape reality without any deadlines, giving people time if they were to even start on the server today.

I dont think in the grand scheme of things 60 days will put the server out of "classic". I've played off and on during the launch of both of red and blue and I get the naysayers, but this is uncharted territory. Let's do our part to make this as stress free as possible.

You're a loser. It hasn't and won't be affecting me at all.

Rick Sanchez
03-19-2020, 10:33 AM
OP, don’t like it don’t play it’s pretty simple.

gnomishfirework
03-19-2020, 11:05 AM
accelerate to planes of power then go back to launch then forward to the present like back to the future!

OuterChimp
03-19-2020, 11:06 AM
Can i bumm a sow?

Cen
03-19-2020, 11:38 AM
I don't really want to get into a debate but why did you choose 60 days specifically?

Chinetter
03-19-2020, 12:04 PM
Please don't do that. Keep the timeline as it is.

Doktoor
03-19-2020, 12:32 PM
You’d think, if anything, that they’d speed it up: So many people who have a job, now have time to go full neck beard.

Stickyfingers
03-19-2020, 12:39 PM

Kanuvan
03-19-2020, 12:41 PM
prob should just speed up the spawns of /list mobs by about 5% and literally nothing else

Fammaden
03-19-2020, 02:02 PM
Instead of XP weekend, drop rate weekend. A 75% increase in spawn rate of all legacy names and the rare legacy drop is now the common drop rate.

Tudana
03-19-2020, 02:45 PM
i would say all this time off the world will have this month, is a good thing for progression and growth.

cd288
03-19-2020, 03:07 PM
Huh? So many people are now working from home and can play a lot more. Why would we slow the timeline in that case? If anything it should be sped up lol

GreyCleric
03-19-2020, 03:40 PM
I don't really want to get into a debate but why did you choose 60 days specifically?

Seemed like long enough to unbork the lists but not so long as to mess with the overall classic timeline

prob should just speed up the spawns of /list mobs by about 5% and literally nothing else

Instead of XP weekend, drop rate weekend. A 75% increase in spawn rate of all legacy names and the rare legacy drop is now the common drop rate.

I actually like these ideas better

Huh? So many people are now working from home and can play a lot more. Why would we slow the timeline in that case? If anything it should be sped up lol

Because the lists are completely broken now. You just dont have a realistic chance to get them unless you invest insane amounts of time. I'm guessing just the guise itself is 24+ easy. And I thought it would be a nice "hey world is in uncharted territory, let's pause things and pick back up when we get a handle on things" but was just an idea. Hopefully they will do something I hope they just don't ignore what's going on

fadetree
03-19-2020, 03:47 PM
The lists are not broken. They work great. They just aren't fast enough for you, but that's your issue.

waltjig
03-19-2020, 04:10 PM
Yes, in this time of chaos, let’s ask the free admins to do MORE. This seems reasonable.

magnetaress
03-19-2020, 04:20 PM
I still feel like, while maybe not the right solution, or idea for this situation. My idea is very cool, has merit, and would be neat if one day could be implemented.

I feel like people are treating OP a little un-fairly.

I agree it would be nice to have a more chill server environment in these trying times, I am also willing to hear peoples input on my idea, and their own ideas as well. I very much appreciate the time everyone has taken to invest in this network of servers.

Thank you, you are dearly appreciated, lets survive the Karana virus together!

GreyCleric
03-19-2020, 04:43 PM
Yes, in this time of chaos, let’s ask the free admins to do MORE. This seems reasonable.

It's less.... They wouldn't prep and execute the server patch till later. Not more work. IDONTEVEN.JPG

I still feel like, while maybe not the right solution, or idea for this situation. My idea is very cool, has merit, and would be neat if one day could be implemented.

I feel like people are treating OP a little un-fairly.

I agree it would be nice to have a more chill server environment in these trying times, I am also willing to hear peoples input on my idea, and their own ideas as well. I very much appreciate the time everyone has taken to invest in this network of servers.

Thank you, you are dearly appreciated, lets survive the Karana virus together!

Yeah I'm not even 100% sold on my idea. I was just thinking we should do something from even a little bit of stress people are probably feeling as they try to escape the crazy world and are hitting these lists at 4am EST and there are 9+ on the guise and boots

Jimjam
03-19-2020, 04:47 PM
C19 is 2020’s answer to the classic Y2K hysteria. Not the same type of bug, but classic enough.

strongNpretty
03-19-2020, 04:55 PM
It's less.... They wouldn't prep and execute the server patch till later. Not more work. IDONTEVEN.JPG

Yeah I'm not even 100% sold on my idea. I was just thinking we should do something from even a little bit of stress people are probably feeling as they try to escape the crazy world and are hitting these lists at 4am EST and there are 9+ on the guise and boots

Mmm im'a go ahead and say, anybody who is planning to camp Legacy stuff, already has a condition worse than the virus... They should be placed on priority for assistance.

magnetaress
03-19-2020, 04:58 PM
I have been taking my anxiety meds on the reg & doing my best to get to sleep on time. People need their sleep now more than ever.

GnomeCaptain
03-20-2020, 07:20 PM
Is there not any moderation on this forum?

Every time I come back thinking "it's not as disgusting as I recall" and yet it seems even worse.

mai.cj
03-20-2020, 07:31 PM
... I thought maybe we could make people feel a little better about something.

I don't get it. Why are you convinced that your suggestion is something that would make everyone feel better...?

It just seems entirely subjective.

mai.cj
03-20-2020, 07:39 PM
I was just thinking we should do something from even a little bit of stress people are probably feeling as they try to escape the crazy world and are hitting these lists at 4am EST and there are 9+ on the guise and boots

You can't deal with the stress that people self-impose, i.e. people over-valuing their pixels. However, that's their prerogative.

But if that's what they want to value, sit in line. That wait, that commitment, that rarity is part of what makes it valuable.

Disclaimer: I have none of the legacy items.

Gatorsmash
03-20-2020, 08:21 PM
Edited and sent to gal

aaezil
03-20-2020, 08:26 PM
Its what plants crave

Tethler
03-20-2020, 09:49 PM
lolno

Uuruk
03-21-2020, 05:47 AM
Is there not any moderation on this forum?

Every time I come back thinking "it's not as disgusting as I recall" and yet it seems even worse.

Dont make stupid threads if you dont want stupid answers

Gatorsmash
03-21-2020, 10:43 PM
Dont make stupid threads if you dont want stupid answers

@every naysayer in this thread........

Literally every current MMO out there is running some type of "special" free content, free characters, XP Bonuses, something to help take people's mind off things.

So it's a legit question if you had a wiff of common sense in that empty brain case that this forum has evolved into.

Swish
03-21-2020, 10:52 PM
i dont remember this virus in 1999

Issar
03-21-2020, 11:04 PM

Definitely not classic!

Kanuvan
03-22-2020, 12:04 AM
what logic is this, if anything kunark will need to come sooner with 1200 people on this late, EVERY boomer is scared for their lives and going back to their childhood MMO to waste the final amount of days they have left

people are going to get their fill of classic and then some in these coming months

Jimjam
03-22-2020, 03:04 AM

Definitely not classic!

Millenium bug? Or maybe that love bug spread by email might have been on period. Foot and Mouth in the UK for something biological.
@every naysayer in this thread........

Literally every current MMO out there is running some type of "special" free content, free characters, XP Bonuses, something to help take people's mind off things.

So it's a legit question if you had a wiff of common sense in that empty brain case that this forum has evolved into. if only p99 could be free.