PDA

View Full Version : Starting Over

Xersius
03-17-2020, 11:52 PM
Debating starting over again and playing very casually. Would you guys recommend the green server (I enjoyed OG/Kunark the most)? Looks like the population here is best.

Also curious which classes are presently in need. I've played mostly Shaman in my past years, as well as some SK/Pally/Ranger. Would consider playing a different class if I knew I could easily find groups.

Xers

Balimon
03-18-2020, 01:08 AM
Tanks usually seem in short supply, otherwise play what you like or solo's effectively.

Philistine
03-18-2020, 01:58 AM
I'd definitely go green if starting from scratch, unless playing a class that can solo fairly well. Lowbie blue population exists, but finding low level groups is harder than it used to be.

Swish
03-18-2020, 05:59 AM
Enchanters and clerics are always highly desirable, as are rogues and monks :)

I did the same thing when I came to P99, started branching out to "what I missed" back in the day...tried a rogue, loved it, and its still my favorite class :D

BlackBellamy
03-18-2020, 08:17 AM
Don't chase the dragon. There's always these perceived shortages oh hai we don't have tanks, then you see a proliferation of tanks and the cry goes up, we don't have clerics. So you roll a cleric and there's dozens of you, and now there's a tank shortage again.

Naxy
03-18-2020, 08:50 AM
I started a cleric, as I nearly always have had a main cleric. If I was going to have a serious alt I would consider a Shadow knight as there is a real shortage of tanks, or a bard, as other games have made me used to be able to move around while casting.

But playing casually we often have non-standard groups in dungeons on green. Monk, ranger, bard or Enchanter pet tanking for example. As long as the group is decent, and they mostly are, it works.

Xersius
03-18-2020, 12:27 PM
Do we know if diety specific armors are a thing? I know dwarf pally brell gear is pretty good AC/Stats for this era and would likely work that into a decision about class/race.

Lampolo
03-18-2020, 12:37 PM
Please just dont be a hybrid. They are everywhere and I have no idea why. Wars and Rogs are in short supply. I think everyone forgot rogs still have backstab and can be hasted and never have to stop swinging from oom.

Xersius
03-18-2020, 01:20 PM
Dwarf Warrior can still be outfitted in the cultural brell armor. Imbuement of various gems, brellium etc are all things here yes?

Kanuvan
03-18-2020, 03:22 PM
SK's and Pals are always needed, there's plenty of the other OP classes

strongNpretty
03-18-2020, 04:09 PM
Humpty said it best- "Do what'ya like"

Chinetter
03-18-2020, 05:17 PM
I'm a casual player on Green, enjoying it. My dwarf cleric Chinetter just dinged 20. I've found a robust newbie/lowbie population, spending most of my time thus far on Faydwer, a little in eastern Antonica.

I'd echo what others are saying that we have lots of pallys and shadowknights and shamans running around. The classes that I've seen the least of thus far have been ranger, warrior, and mage. I'm trying to talk a friend into giving it a go and those are the classes that I'm pitching to him.

dragoonJ
03-18-2020, 06:19 PM
Do we know if diety specific armors are a thing? I know dwarf pally brell gear is pretty good AC/Stats for this era and would likely work that into a decision about class/race.

No, cultural armor is not in game yet - not even fine plate - the best you can craft is banded.

Lampolo
03-18-2020, 07:14 PM
SK's and Pals are always needed, there's plenty of the other OP classes

This must be some inside joke on forums. Please dont be hybrid. If someone recommends pally or ranger they might be trolling

strongNpretty
03-20-2020, 12:27 PM
This must be some inside joke on forums. Please dont be hybrid. If someone recommends pally or ranger they might be trolling

You care too much.

boukk
03-23-2020, 04:20 PM
DPS chanter and cleric are the most easy class to find grp with, tanks can sometime be on shortage, was the case at the begining but not that much anymore, tons of twinks and only 1 spot for tanks in a grp.