PDA

View Full Version : Narra Tanith on Green Server

Videri
03-16-2020, 09:48 PM
Hi folks, Narra Tanith is a Wood Elf druid NPC in South Karana. She is on a spawn cycle with Brother Qwinn (http://wiki.project1999.com/Brother_Qwinn) and an escaped Splitpaw gnoll. Is Narra Tanith added in Kunark along with Brother Qwinn?

If so, how is it that her Crown of Leaves (http://wiki.project1999.com/Crown_of_Leaves) has been auctioned at at least five times on Green? Was she, perhaps, in at Green launch and removed afterward in keeping with the pre-Kunark state of South Karana?

Kirdan
03-16-2020, 09:58 PM
Qwinn was incorrectly in at launch and blocked her from spawning for a long time. She should be in game now.

Videri
03-16-2020, 10:24 PM
I don't think she is. I was at her spawn point for over 20 minutes. I saw someone kill "an escaped Splitpaw gnoll" and I used a pet to confirm that it respawned, but not at her spawn point. I don't think she or her placeholder are spawning atm.

Does anyone know if they're supposed to? Where do we look for research on this?

Annona
03-17-2020, 08:17 AM
I too at one time searched for her and I don't believe she is currently in game. I even met a ranger who kept an eye out for her over a few days of camping Groi and never saw her. I duoed with another and killed the gnolls over and over and never saw her. I would have to believe she was in game but is now not. I have no idea when she is supposed to be added. Logic would dictate she was in game and then removed at some point.

Lartanin63
03-17-2020, 02:57 PM
I've spent over 10 levels in SK, I've never seen here up on track once in all that time.

Jibartik
03-17-2020, 03:05 PM
What I do is start at the spawn, run to all the locations, and back and forth and back and forth until I find an NPC that paths the same way I am moving. (bodies on locs can help if you are really starting to come up empty, its easy to find out that you were waaay off last hour of pathing back and forth lol)

Sitting at the spawn point will make you go mad, because she could take like over an hour to path back and forth iirc (well she wont, she runs hehe) but the phs walk.

Edit: (there are multiple escaped splitpaw gnolls too fyi I think 3?)

Videri
03-17-2020, 04:24 PM
The first post about Narra Tanith on Allakhazam (https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3676&p=3#comments) is dated April 17, 2000 at 10:03 am, a week before Kunark opened (http://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes#Kunark_Era). Therefore, she probably existed before Kunark at the very least.

Videri
03-17-2020, 04:25 PM
What I do is start at the spawn, run to all the locations, and back and forth and back and forth until I find an NPC that paths the same way I am moving. (bodies on locs can help if you are really starting to come up empty, its easy to find out that you were waaay off last hour of pathing back and forth lol)

Sitting at the spawn point will make you go mad, because she could take like over an hour to path back and forth iirc (well she wont, she runs hehe) but the phs walk.

Edit: (there are multiple escaped splitpaw gnolls too fyi I think 3?)

Are you talking about Green server, friend? I saw an escaped Splitpaw gnoll's corpse and I used a pet to check and there were none alive. Six minutes and forty seconds after that gnoll had died (judging by its decay timer), my pet said "Attackign an escaped Splitpaw gnoll, Master." Therefore, I believe there is only 1.

aspomwell
03-17-2020, 04:42 PM
I killed her on blue for the Silverish Scimitar for my druid. Same stats as the Solvredi quest scimitar in a fraction of the time! (only killed her because I saw she was carrying it)

Jibartik
03-17-2020, 05:19 PM
Are you talking about Green server, friend? I saw an escaped Splitpaw gnoll's corpse and I used a pet to check and there were none alive. Six minutes and forty seconds after that gnoll had died (judging by its decay timer), my pet said "Attackign an escaped Splitpaw gnoll, Master." Therefore, I believe there is only 1.

You might be right, I could have sworn last time I was screwing around with her there were 2 or 3 split-paw gnolls, and yeah this is all from blue so not sure about green. Sorry may not be of any help.

DMN
03-18-2020, 02:10 AM
Well, she spawned on green 2-3 weeks after the server went live and have no idea why she would be removed as I'm pretty sure she is pre-kunark, She didn't drop anything of note the two times I killed her personally though.

drdrakes
03-18-2020, 09:47 AM
She was around until Qwinn popped, who knows now.

LHK
04-28-2020, 10:40 PM
Can anyone confirm if she was removed or if her spawn is broken on green? Spent 6 hours last night with a friend trying to find her or her PH and never saw it. Tried everything we could, including pet tracking. Would search for an escaped splitpaw gnoll and confirmed one was up. Would kill the "hermit" escaped splitpaw gnoll (the one that is not on qwinn / narra tannith's spawn), and then pet track again, and there would be no an escaped splitpaw gnoll, Narra Tanith, or brother qwinn. We never saw anything spawn, return home, or anything. I logged on my bard on blue and found her instantly and was able to find her exact path and respawn time, and she just isn't there on Green.

What is going on with this mob?

Woodrow
04-29-2020, 01:16 AM
Spent a lot of time in SK on my ranger in South end. I would always kill wandering gnolls for faction. Never saw Narra on track. I assumed she spawned in a different part of the zone or had a trigger that wasn't met. For reference in South end Marik was constantly spawning, Groi constantly spawning if PHs are killed, Synger was pretty rare, Gnashmaw was even more rare, etc.

Videri
04-29-2020, 11:12 AM
I submitted a bug report. If anyone else has more evidence than the Allakhazam link I posted on page 1, please add it.

Elijah850
04-29-2020, 01:18 PM
I have looked for her and not seen her also. I had wondered if something was off with the spawn.

Canelek
04-29-2020, 05:35 PM
I have her in my pet tracking button and have spent oodles of time on Green.SK. Killed plenty of escaped gnolls as well. I've never seen Narra, pre or post Qwinn.

DMN
05-01-2020, 03:35 AM
The two times I saw her she was walking near the zone edge toward KFC from the river, about 1/3 of the way to KFC. But ya that's actually where I'd usually see qwinn, too. So maybe she did get zapped.

Woodrow
05-01-2020, 10:22 PM
Looks like this got some attention and got fixed! I wonder what other named mobs should be spawning but aren't that my ranger could have been tracking.