PDA

View Full Version : Green broke the spell Blue had on me for 9 years.

Jauna
03-15-2020, 02:59 AM
I am still playing City of Heroes hard. Ever since the introduction of the Green server it made me learn that everything I did on Blue meant jack fucking horse shit.

And seeing as this is a phase 2 of 3 thing, everything I would do on Green would mean horse jacking shit. And after "catching up" on all the jack horse fucking over the past few months I realize history repeated itself, and will do so again.

You horse jacking shit fucks are not even in Kunark era and you are already doing Velious shit jacking horse fucking tier drama.

Albanwr
03-15-2020, 03:40 AM
what

Fragged
03-15-2020, 05:11 AM
I mean, are you under the impression that people don't know this?

indiscriminate_hater
03-15-2020, 05:44 AM
The number of "jack" words you had in there

Ceion
03-15-2020, 06:53 AM
Phase 2 of 3, what do you mean exactly? I was just under the impression green would merge with blue a couple years after velious releases? So really, everything just lines up nicely

El-Hefe
03-15-2020, 07:14 AM
Drugs.

Mblake81
03-15-2020, 07:18 AM
The number of "jack" words you had in there

stress jacking.

Octopath
03-15-2020, 08:46 AM
Phase 2 of 3, what do you mean exactly? I was just under the impression green would merge with blue a couple years after velious releases? So really, everything just lines up nicely

This is what they said originally, but there are posts elsewhere talking they may not do this. Sucks because this makes the most sense.

magnetaress
03-15-2020, 10:49 AM
Yet OP still felt the need to post here. Lonely over there bro?

Try red99

Dirkus
03-15-2020, 10:55 AM
Can I have your stuff on blue?

Tenderizer
03-15-2020, 10:57 AM
I am still playing City of Heroes hard. Ever since the introduction of the Green server it made me learn that everything I did on Blue meant jack fucking horse shit.

And seeing as this is a phase 2 of 3 thing, everything I would do on Green would mean horse jacking shit. And after "catching up" on all the jack horse fucking over the past few months I realize history repeated itself, and will do so again.

You horse jacking shit fucks are not even in Kunark era and you are already doing Velious shit jacking horse fucking tier drama.

News flash, sweetheart, history is a fickle bitch.

Arkanjil
03-15-2020, 01:38 PM
These are video games....everything we do on them is, ultimately, worthless.

KansasComrade
03-15-2020, 01:42 PM
Yet OP still felt the need to post here. Lonely over there bro?

Try red99

Yeah because if you want interaction, you want red.

magnetaress
03-15-2020, 01:48 PM
Yeah because if you want interaction, you want red.

https://youtu.be/u1xrNaTO1bI

Visual
03-15-2020, 04:02 PM
I do feel it was a disservice to blue. That being said, I might even return back to blue if they give us a reason (AAs!!)

Fawqueue
03-15-2020, 04:06 PM
That describes every game in existence. You play, you start over, your accomplishments mean nothing.

Comoc1
03-15-2020, 07:13 PM
Sorry you got horse jacked

Ceion
03-16-2020, 05:45 AM
That describes every game in existence. You play, you start over, your accomplishments mean nothing.

You might be wrong there, EQ1 (Live servers) you get veteran AAs, fanfaire exclusives etc......

Bunch of stuff *New players* cant get

Bardp1999
03-16-2020, 01:42 PM
I am Jack's complete lack of suprise

Kohedron
03-16-2020, 02:51 PM
I actually had the same experience. Green/Teal, while it has many nice and friendly players, also has a group of degenerate snaggletooths that only a mother could love.

When the wannabe raid guild I was in starting actually patting themselves on the back for being a "hard" and "rough" guild, it was that moment I knew this just wasn't for me.

reznor_
03-16-2020, 03:05 PM
Sounds pretty jacked.

shuklak
03-16-2020, 06:41 PM
I mean, are you under the impression that people don't know this?

If you log into eq it is very apparent that numerous people are unaware of just how little a life of eq mounts up to.

Kerwin 5.0
03-16-2020, 07:12 PM
stress jacking.

lmfao who made this up, hilarious

CancerMage
03-16-2020, 07:55 PM
stress jacking isnt a made up thing lol....

shuklak
03-17-2020, 12:52 AM
You might be wrong there, EQ1 (Live servers) you get veteran AAs, fanfaire exclusives etc......

Bunch of stuff *New players* cant get

They recently removed veteran reward requirements. They are now given away to newbs and vets alike.

Christina.
03-24-2020, 07:13 AM
Jack n the box sounds good right about now...

Ranlron swiftsong
03-24-2020, 07:57 AM
Truth be told its probably a waste of time if you don't find enjoyment out of it, so do what you want and get out of it what you will.

Maybe you are burned out on classic?

Mblake81
03-24-2020, 10:45 AM
Truth be told its probably a waste of time if you don't find enjoyment out of it, so do what you want and get out of it what you will.

Maybe you are burned out on classic?

Sounds like me going on about Computer..err.. Multiplatform Games.

frames and resolution

Mblake81
03-24-2020, 10:59 AM
Games for Windows magazine anyone?

It was the successor to Computer Gaming World (November 1981 - November 2006). The first issue of Microsoft's Games for Windows magazine was released in November 2006 and last issue released May 2008

https://i.imgur.com/7zVPkDM.jpg

Bardp1999
03-24-2020, 11:24 AM
As much as I know OP is a drug addict, I also find myself in a similar situation. I think Blue had a specialness about it because it was unique. Well, it's no longer unique since we recently had 3 servers all dedicated to classic (4 including dead red).

Green was a really cool idea, but it also made Blue very much "less special". It's like being married to a woman for 1o years and then introducing her to your new girlfriend, things are never the same afterwards.

But these feelings could all be because Classic EQ is fucking terrible and we need Kunark to make the game playable. Until then, my 43 shaman will be patiently waiting at the Boat Dock until that magical boat finally arrives.

Mblake81
03-24-2020, 11:50 AM
Green was a really cool idea, but it also made Blue very much "less special". It's like being married to a woman for 1o years and then introducing her to your new girlfriend, things are never the same afterwards.

Yep, some of us warned about that. Can't beat em, join em and repped up Green. Was happy to see people like Jibartik come out to help with the UI (which was bitched about like everything is)

The opening week was an experience, was fun camping skeletons with the zones packed full of people chatting and talking shit. It was really awesome seeing some noobs and veteran hard core raiders get raped by the Griffin.

But like it was said before, all of the drama on the boards was about one server with one group of people on it. Now it isn't.

Log on to blue ever so often to see what old pals are up to. Haven't went back to Green since the 2nd week started and people moved beyond the starting zones.

loramin
03-24-2020, 12:16 PM
As much as I know OP is a drug addict, I also find myself in a similar situation.

This.

I wasn't even planning to play on Green, but then I thought "I'll just try to get a manastone". Then I went to Teal, found my guild was back, and started having a blast there.

By the time I was about to camp a manastone I was totally into my Teal character, and instead of quitting after I got the stone (as I originally planned) I was going to keep playing him to 50 and beyond ...

... and then they closed Teal, and now I don't play on any servers anymore, I just lurk here.

kaev
03-24-2020, 12:39 PM
This.

I wasn't even planning to play on Green, but then I thought "I'll just try to get a manastone". Then I went to Teal, found my guild was back, and started having a blast there.

By the time I was about to camp a manastone I was totally into my Teal character, and instead of quitting after I got the stone (as I originally planned) I was going to keep playing him to 50 and beyond ...

... and then they closed Teal, and now I don't play on any servers anymore, I just lurk here.

Stopped playing a month or so before green released, just started on green in the last week and (mostly) enjoying it so far. Comments like this make me glad I don't know wtf teal is/was.

Mblake81
03-24-2020, 01:47 PM
Stopped playing a month or so before green released, just started on green in the last week and (mostly) enjoying it so far. Comments like this make me glad I don't know wtf teal is/was.

Due to initial overcrowding of starter zones the question was asked if the community on Green would like the server split. It ended up being a yes vote so they created Teal server to relieve some of the congestion. Teal was closed when player numbers began dropping back down and was merged back into Green.

This gave the community an additional thing to get depressed or pissed off about. You will hear players talk about the special community they fostered on teal in the short time it was up and speak with great remorse that the Admins were heavy handed in taking their world away.

I voted No on the split, it happened during the first week due to what I can only imagine to be insane levels of bitching to the Admins, and some of the players warned that splitting it so early was foolish and things would level out but people.. especially "gamers" are an impatient lot.

Ranlron swiftsong
03-24-2020, 02:33 PM
Yep, some of us warned about that. Can't beat em, join em and repped up Green. Was happy to see people like Jibartik come out to help with the UI (which was bitched about like everything is)

The opening week was an experience, was fun camping skeletons with the zones packed full of people chatting and talking shit. It was really awesome seeing some noobs and veteran hard core raiders get raped by the Griffin.

But like it was said before, all of the drama on the boards was about one server with one group of people on it. Now it isn't.

Log on to blue ever so often to see what old pals are up to. Haven't went back to Green since the 2nd week started and people moved beyond the starting zones.

Well there is getting manastone for the first time and possibility to get rubicite fort he first time if you never did. never did because i wasn't around when this game started out. I actually started playing when kunark was already out and on the way to the next expansion:Velious.

kaev
03-25-2020, 05:47 PM
Due to initial overcrowding of starter zones the question was asked if the community on Green would like the server split. It ended up being a yes vote so they created Teal server to relieve some of the congestion.

Makes me all the more glad I avoided green opening then. It was the chaos & overcrowding that gave new servers a different atmosphere to established servers back in the day. At least they belatedly corrected the mistake.

Mblake81
03-26-2020, 10:00 AM
Makes me all the more glad I avoided green opening then. It was the chaos & overcrowding that gave new servers a different atmosphere to established servers back in the day. At least they belatedly corrected the mistake.

Took my dark elf to freeport opening day. It was good fun talking smack to humans when they would /ooc "Why is it so dark at night?" and I would respond "inferior genetics"

was good fun until some started sending me tells about how I need to chill with racist remarks. I found it totally off-putting and figured I must be getting trolled.. that is until I seen the DMO thread.

Mind you, I am playing a Dark Elf whos people believe they are the best race in Everquest and I am chatting with humans that can't see the fire beetle in front of them at night.. I wasn't sure if I should correct them or just make fun of them for being piss poor players.

loramin
03-26-2020, 10:21 AM
Took my dark elf to freeport opening day. It was good fun talking smack to humans when they would /ooc "Why is it so dark at night?" and I would respond "inferior genetics"

So you were role-playing in /out-of-character-speech ... and you think other people were the problem ;)

Mblake81
03-26-2020, 10:28 AM
So you were role-playing in /out-of-character-speech ... and you think other people were the problem ;)

Yes, because there is no in-character speech for zone wide use other than /shout (which would be used out of place) and auction (which I am not selling anything).

Come on, people use /ooc for all sorts of things and I was clearly in character as I was making in game references.

Barbarian.. please.. the Everfrost has frozen what brain cells you had rubbing one another to form a thought.

loramin
03-26-2020, 10:53 AM
Yes, because there is no in-character speech for zone wide use other than /shout (which would be used out of place) and auction (which I am not selling anything).

Come on, people use /ooc for all sorts of things and I was clearly in character as I was making in game references.

Barbarian.. please.. the Everfrost has frozen what brain cells you had rubbing one another to form a thought.

LOL, I wasn't super serious, but the game literally has three different channels for a reason: one for commerce, one for "out of character" (ie. non-roleplaying) text, and one for in-character text.

I just think if you specifically use the wrong channel in any case, whether it's roleplay in /auction or talk about South Park in /shout, maybe you should consider that it's not "everyone else" who's reacting incorrectly to you, it's you who picked the wrong channel.

Mblake81
03-26-2020, 11:01 AM
hah.. they can take a step into the OT chasm with no levitate. :cool:

kaev
03-26-2020, 11:17 AM

was good fun until some started sending me tells about how I need to chill with racist remarks. I found it totally off-putting and figured I must be getting trolled.. that is until I seen the DMO thread.

Mind you, I am playing a Dark Elf whos people believe they are the best race in Everquest and I am chatting with humans that can't see the fire beetle in front of them at night.. I wasn't sure if I should correct them or just make fun of them for being piss poor players.

How do you think we weed out the inferior specimens? That you inkies live your sad lives in easy mode, pretending it makes you superior, just makes the joke funnier.

strongNpretty
03-26-2020, 11:21 AM
Jauna's rants are always perfect for this forum. It's part of our culture. Respect it, and respect him.

Mblake81
03-26-2020, 11:54 AM
How do you think we weed out the inferior specimens? That you inkies live your sad lives in easy mode, pretending it makes you superior, just makes the joke funnier.

Your inferiority complex comes from your mothers gnome lovin'

Ranlron swiftsong
03-26-2020, 08:08 PM

It's because nazis man.

Dark elves are the nazis of norrath they treat everyone like crap, even ogres and trolls, so he isn't exactly wrong.

BlackBellamy
03-26-2020, 09:28 PM
This is what they said originally, but there are posts elsewhere talking they may not do this. Sucks because this makes the most sense.

Yeah rumors and scuttlebutt. What is true is that the servers will merge, and then Yellow will start up, and like the color of fine cheese the new server will now define "classic" as 6 months after Luclin launch.

Nilstoniakrath
03-26-2020, 10:53 PM
It's because nazis man.

Dark elves are the nazis of norrath they treat everyone like crap, even ogres and trolls, so he isn't exactly wrong.

That is because they deserve to be treated like cr-p

Bardp1999
03-26-2020, 11:10 PM
I have relapsed on P99 since the quarantine.

#FeelsBad
#Level44

Jauna
03-27-2020, 03:03 AM
I just realized that I think I already made a thread like this a few months back.

kaev
03-27-2020, 03:47 AM
I just realized that I think I already made a thread like this a few months back.

it's just like deja vu all over again, rinsing and repeating endlessly, the The Song That Never Ends, except Lambchop really did end yet p99 goes on, OMG HOW IS THAT FAIR?!?!?

Mblake81
03-27-2020, 05:08 AM
It's because nazis man.

Are we talking EQ or real world history, because I am talking EQ.

Although from the video one of the DMO members posted awhile back I would say the P99 at large has no idea what RP is or can draw the line between fantasy and reality. Their responses were in the /ooc of the video. Truly the social media generation of self identifying with their character. [Posts Selfies]

Ranlron swiftsong
03-27-2020, 08:28 AM
Are we talking EQ or real-world history, because I am talking EQ.

EQ obviously

Also: I know ogres are dumb and all, but they used to be great conquerors before cursed with stupidity.

I went to go into the necro guild and mages guild on gnome necro the stupid dark elves tried to kill me they killed me successfully when I was at the gate to where mages and wizards were, and very abruptly, so I have no sympathy for dark elves.

Mblake81
03-27-2020, 09:52 AM
I went to go into the necro guild and mages guild on gnome necro the stupid dark elves tried to kill me they killed me successfully when I was at the gate to where mages and wizards were, and very abruptly, so I have no sympathy for dark elves.

the dark clouds part and the ray of light shines down..

Gustoo
03-27-2020, 04:08 PM
Can I have your stuff on blue?

QFT

Also, all games are like this. This game is not a game that you should play to win. You should play for fun.

Ennewi
03-28-2020, 04:19 AM
If you can't find enjoyment in a game with the least amount it has to offer, you won't know how to once you get the most, or you'll burn out before ever getting there.

kaev
03-29-2020, 03:46 AM
This game is not a game that you should play to win. You should play for fun.

You might as well be advising working class voters not to vote for the wealthy jerks who implement the policies that ensure that the rich get richer while the poor remain poor, or for that matter you could go and shout at a river to flow uphill. Your advice is useless as it will never be followed, although that is not your fault.

Chubba
03-30-2020, 04:02 AM
It all means jack anyway? New server, old server, it all ultimately means jack, jack all!

loramin
03-30-2020, 10:21 AM
It all means jack anyway? New server, old server, it all ultimately means jack, jack all!

True, it all means nothing in the end, but at least on Teal anyone had a chance at anything (in the short run). If you were insane enough to not sleep for a couple nights for a video game, you could have a Manastone. If you wanted to see Vox, you still had to join an uber-guild ... but it was a "casual" uber-guild compared to Green.

Then the merge happened and only the neckbeard-iest of the neckbeards could ever see Vox, or get a manastone. Rogean designed Blue/Green for those people; by accident he designed Teal for "normal" players.

Ultimately all P99 servers are "for competitors", where competitor means "most interested in playing whatever unclassic games Rogean devises". Teal wasn't about those games, or rather was the least about them out of any P99 server.

Sibelia1
03-30-2020, 10:18 PM
it's a lesson I learned on Live. characters are temporary; friends are ...semipermanent :P