PDA

View Full Version : This is stupid - Soulfire - Seal team

Ceion
03-14-2020, 01:13 PM
So, I have been trying to get an opportunity each, and every week to kill this guy Sir Lucan. Unfortunately ATM he is on a 7 day timer which sucks for my Paladin.

Each, and everytime guess who kills it? You know it, Seal Team. The sad part is not a dam paladin in sight. To make it worse the majority of this round of poopsockers are almost entire Officers.

All we got here this round (7 hours before Pop) a Phat Seal Team Officer Ogre - Smash, Balazamon - Seal Team, Oakley - Seal Team officer, Pinetop - Seal Team.

They camp in shifts, and one replaces the next etc... Always never a paladin. Some poor Seal Team mage named Pycall had the overnight duty this time around (on the 6th day). I wonder if they get DKP or something, because that guy was there literally all night chain killing Brother Jentry.

The Issue

Seal Team has a shit ton of players, do they really need to trivialize raid encounters in fucking classic and prevent any paladins from getting their Soulfire? Must Paladins wait til fucking god knows when for Lucan to become a 7 hour spawn? Even then, I have my doubts they will get tired of camping it, and blocking the spawn from others. Maybe vacant sometime late kunark/early velious?

That actually begs the question, Epics are in Kunark and soulfire is needed for Paladins. Lucan is camped all the dam time by ST because I don't know 100 people can't kill vox without it. So that tells me they will need a surplus to kill anything in Kunark.

See the issue?

For the love of god, let some Paladins have an opportunity to even get this weapon in fucking classic. The idea of having a guild blocking any Paladin on this server from getting it just so that can gimp raid bosses into a crushbone orc is fucking stupid.

Pictures of Shame

https://prnt.sc/rgc2qs

http://prntscr.com/rgc4oa

http://prntscr.com/rgc570

http://prntscr.com/rgc60u - No Response from him, as expected.

Shit guild, shit players, just all around pieces of shit the Seal Team.

Ceion
03-14-2020, 01:24 PM
When Lucan becomes a 7 Hour spawn, put him on a /list so Paladins can atleast have a shot at this fucking guy

Or Nerf it so just Paladins can use. Which I am sure was intended all along.

sedrie.bellamie
03-14-2020, 01:27 PM
nerf soulfire to paladin can only click, maybe shadow knight based on lore

magnetaress
03-14-2020, 01:27 PM
I *highly* recommend you check out:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352013

BurtMacklinFBI
03-14-2020, 01:32 PM
nerf soulfire

Kirdan
03-14-2020, 01:33 PM
My stance on this is that paladins are born martyrs and if it takes making virtually every paladin complain that they can't get their soulfire/epic done in order to get soulfire nerfed to paladin-only for clicks, it'll be worth it.

magnetaress
03-14-2020, 01:36 PM
Did you ever once ask nicely if you may join <Seal Team> and get yourself a swanky clicky sword?

Octopath
03-14-2020, 01:40 PM
Unfortunately this game is not for the casual. It will only cater to the most hardcore.

Ceion
03-14-2020, 01:42 PM
Unfortunately this game is not for the casual. It will only cater to the most hardcore.

I don't think casual is the word. Im sure you can be as hardcore as you can be, and still be stuck in this situation. This is a whole guild who perma camps the spawn, and cycles players for clickies. Even joining the said guild as Paladin would proof extremely difficult in obtaining the sword.

Madae
03-14-2020, 01:44 PM
These guys are farming SoulFire for the CH clickie and that's it?

magnetaress
03-14-2020, 01:44 PM
The sword is really easy to get on TLP.

Ceion
03-14-2020, 01:47 PM

Yep thats it. Completely blocks getting the sword as a Paladin, and eventually their Epic in Kunark just to make raid bosses gimps.

Octopath
03-14-2020, 01:48 PM
I don't think casual is the word. Im sure you can be as hardcore as you can be, and still be stuck in this situation. This is a whole guild who perma camps the spawn, and cycles players for clickies. Even joining the said guild as Paladin would proof extremely difficult in obtaining the sword.

Probably right. Even if you join you would likely have to earn full raiding status and then enough dkp.

Morlaeth
03-14-2020, 01:50 PM
Yep thats it. Completely blocks getting the sword as a Paladin, and eventually their Epic in Kunark just to make raid bosses gimps.

If you're complaining about Lucan I doubt you're ever gonna get the dragon books. Perhaps pick a rogue, they've got a super easy epic!

Good luck.

Ceion
03-14-2020, 01:56 PM
If you're complaining about Lucan I doubt you're ever gonna get the dragon books. Perhaps pick a rogue, they've got a super easy epic!

Good luck.

The difference here is the books are ONLY for paladins. Soulfire can be used by anyone, and in particular the guild of Seal Team to trivialize content.

You would have a greater chance of getting the books than you would in Soulfire, unless you wait til Velious to try and get lucan.

Morlaeth
03-14-2020, 01:56 PM
The difference here is the books are ONLY for paladins. Soulfire can be used by anyone, and in particular the guild of Seal Team to trivialize content.

You would have a greater chance of getting the books than you would in Soulfire, unless you wait til Velious to try and get lucan.

I think you better check on who killed the last Lucan. Wasn't Seal Team.

magnetaress
03-14-2020, 01:57 PM
Harassing the players killing Lucan here is a pretty good way to ensure you NEVER get a turn until you reroll.

Ceion
03-14-2020, 02:03 PM
Harassing the players killing Lucan here is a pretty good way to ensure you NEVER get a turn until you reroll.

Saying that your trivializing content in classic, and preventing paladins from getting the piece for their class only quests is harassment? Take your mind out of the gutter.

Your final turn-in will be a note, your own Paladin Testimony, the Glowing Sword Hilt, and the Brilliant Sword of Faith.

SoulFire (designed for Paladin)

Wrekt
03-14-2020, 02:05 PM
My stance on this is that paladins are born martyrs and if it takes making virtually every paladin complain that they can't get their soulfire/epic done in order to get soulfire nerfed to paladin-only for clicks, it'll be worth it.

I'll piggy back here and say that if this causes people not to play paladins, then I'm all for it remaining the way it is. Fuck paladins. You're all shit players too stupid/unskilled/poor to play a warrior.

Thugnuts
03-14-2020, 02:07 PM
Classic era EQ players are the playerbase whose behavior forced developers to instance and dumb down content, first with WoW and then the entire genre, from 2004 into the present. These are literally the players who ruined MMORPGs. You can't expect more out of them. They're gonna no-life that shit. Then they'll move on to no-lifing epic MQ's. They'll be no-lifing it in 2037 when P99 launches the Cadmium Yellow server.

Sounds like you're ready to ding level 61, OP. Come join us.

Fammaden
03-14-2020, 02:07 PM
Join a raid guild and do your time saving DKP to get a kill for yourself. It doesn't matter what they are using the soulfires for or why they keep Lucan locked down. Almost every class has contested bottlenecks on their epics, some far worse than others. All of the contested epic spawns will be hardcore poopsocked the entire life of the server.

People have been calling for a soulfire nerf or change for years around here. Its not going to happen, and trying to shame guilds for "trivializing" won't get you anywhere. Good luck, have fun.

Furitor
03-14-2020, 02:13 PM
nerf soulfire

Comoc1
03-14-2020, 02:15 PM
Sorry you didn’t get complete heal

Furitor
03-14-2020, 02:15 PM
"That actually begs the question, Epics are in Kunark and soulfire is needed for Paladins. Lucan is camped all the dam time by ST because I don't know 100 people can't kill vox without it. So that tells me they will need a surplus to kill anything in Kunark." -> It's not just for the epic. It's for the Fiery Avenger that comes out in August of this year.

Ceion
03-14-2020, 02:18 PM
"That actually begs the question, Epics are in Kunark and soulfire is needed for Paladins. Lucan is camped all the dam time by ST because I don't know 100 people can't kill vox without it. So that tells me they will need a surplus to kill anything in Kunark." -> It's not just for the epic. It's for the Fiery Avenger that comes out in August of this year.

Fiery Avenger is Paladin only as well. So in other words your blocking Paladins from 3 Weapons.

SoulFire = Blocked
Fiery Avenger = Blocked
Fiery Defender = Blocked

Does this sound fair?

Ratchet51
03-14-2020, 02:21 PM
I'll piggy back here and say that if this causes people not to play paladins, then I'm all for it remaining the way it is. Fuck paladins. You're all shit players too stupid/unskilled/poor to play a warrior.

Congratulations, you're the dumbest person on these forums today. Quite the accomplishment.

Dildy
03-14-2020, 02:36 PM
Nerf soulfire.

Artelius

Kushida
03-14-2020, 02:40 PM
Congratulations, you're the dumbest person on these forums today. Quite the accomplishment.

DS plz

Wrekt
03-14-2020, 02:41 PM

u mad u don't have SF. Roll a rogue, bitch.

Ssra
03-14-2020, 02:41 PM
Nerf Soulfire

FalconLord
03-14-2020, 02:44 PM
Or do a 2 day poop sock on Jentry

Pyrocat
03-14-2020, 02:44 PM
Nerf Soulfire

Henlolizar
03-14-2020, 02:45 PM

This, right here, is the problem.

This cretin and his acne-scarred adventurers shouldn't have the power to threaten such things.

BitS
03-14-2020, 02:45 PM
@ ceion

just so you know, i am a shaman and i am next in line to loot Lucan..Burn!!

J/K . but this thread is a funny read. thanks

magnetaress
03-14-2020, 03:38 PM
This, right here, is the problem.

This cretin and his acne-scarred adventurers shouldn't have the power to threaten such things.

My skin glows with a graceful holy radiance and light that puts Erollisi Marr to shame my dear :D

Ashenden
03-14-2020, 03:55 PM
Fiery Avenger is Paladin only as well. So in other words your blocking Paladins from 3 Weapons.

SoulFire = Blocked
Fiery Avenger = Blocked
Fiery Defender = Blocked

Does this sound fair?

Won't SOMEONE think of all the Paladin DPS the server is missing out on.

Game was never fair. Game will never be fair. Anyone that wants fairness and equality should face reality and go play something with instancing instead of praying that a RNF post will somehow fix their issue.

P.S. nerf soulfire tho

onlyrockerfan
03-14-2020, 03:59 PM
nerfing will never happen though when they have the GM's in their back pocket

Ashenden
03-14-2020, 04:01 PM
nerfing will never happen though when they have the GM's in their back pocket

GMs don't even control whether or not something gets nerfed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Videri
03-14-2020, 04:18 PM
I think if you say “nerf Soulfire,” people will say “not classic.” How do you make the case for nerfing an item out of its clasic state on a classic emulator? (Not a rhetorical question - I would like to hear the arguments.)

magnetaress
03-14-2020, 04:20 PM
Pretty soon Velious will be out too. Don't sweat it. Make some friends with these people, they may be actchually pretty cool fellows.

Kirdan
03-14-2020, 04:22 PM
I think if you say “nerf Soulfire,” people will say “not classic.” How do you make the case for nerfing an item out of its clasic state on a classic emulator? (Not a rhetorical question - I would like to hear the arguments.)

Because it's about the classic experience, as Rogean and Nilbog have stated over and over. On live, SoulFire was not abused like it is on p99. As soon as guilds began abusing it for the CH clicks post-velious, it was nerfed to only be clickable by paladins. Nerfing SoulFire to be only clickable by paladins would be the most classic change we've had in a while.

Sethius Marlowe
03-14-2020, 04:25 PM
Did you ever once ask nicely if you may join <Seal Team> and get yourself a swanky clicky sword?

you are like the worlds worst sales person.

sell your shit my man.

I'm sure your server COULD BE AWESOME.

But you don't sell it by saying "hey ummmmm.. guys... please check out red. if you have a minute, ya know?"

bring the fucking party to red if you want red to be awesome show why it's awesome and you'll get people and it'll spiral upwards.

Sethius Marlowe
03-14-2020, 04:26 PM
I *highly* recommend you check out:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352013

OOPS I QUOTED THE WRONG THING. I AM THE WORLDS MOST WRONG THING QUOTER

Vostok
03-14-2020, 05:31 PM
We bought all the TP too.

Wrekt
03-14-2020, 05:52 PM
We bought all the TP too.

I would farm soulfire like it was a manastone if only to fuck over whiny paladins and bottle their tears. But why all the tp?

Daloon
03-14-2020, 05:54 PM
Why not show up on your Pally, and kindly ask whoever is camping it if you may have the item for your epic? Can post log results of said convo.

branamil
03-14-2020, 07:22 PM
IT's funny how they only choose to be pure classic on things that screw you over but wont' budge on minor things that would improve quality of life

YendorLootmonkey
03-14-2020, 07:27 PM

Ask the guys who Ivandyr Hooped Trakanon down in 10 seconds how an item gets nerfed out of its classic state.

Gatorsmash
03-14-2020, 07:41 PM
Zero chance of the p99 staff doing anything against the Guild members of the staff are in even if you could prove that ST are breaking server rules.

Zero..................

This is why most, and by most I every game I've ever played (free or other wise) Forbids staff from joining the top tier groups in game. It's a no-brainer to avoid problems

Videri
03-14-2020, 08:38 PM
Zero chance of the p99 staff doing anything against the Guild members of the staff are in even if you could prove that ST are breaking server rules.

Zero..................

This is why most, and by most I every game I've ever played (free or other wise) Forbids staff from joining the top tier groups in game. It's a no-brainer to avoid problems

Which staff members are in which guild(s)? I thought the staff had a rule against that. I’d be surprised if they are participating in raiding at this point. The risks are clear and the staff are not naive.

Videri
03-14-2020, 08:39 PM
Because it's about the classic experience, as Rogean and Nilbog have stated over and over. On live, SoulFire was not abused like it is on p99. As soon as guilds began abusing it for the CH clicks post-velious, it was nerfed to only be clickable by paladins. Nerfing SoulFire to be only clickable by paladins would be the most classic change we've had in a while.

Good argument.

getsome
03-14-2020, 09:17 PM
Ask the guys who Ivandyr Hooped Trakanon down in 10 seconds how an item gets nerfed out of its classic state.

Hoop and Loot

Naonak
03-14-2020, 09:24 PM

Please don't make them unclassic and Paladin click only. Paladins should stay and only be useful on raids as a DS bot like Ratchet. Not true. I did see Ratchet DA engage and FTE a couple raid targets :confused:

Can you imagine 20 odd Paladins having to take other essential class slots because they are the only class that can click on Soul Fire :eek:

I suggest, You get good or DIE trying. :cool:

Stay classy Green and away from my BLUE pixels :D

mcoy
03-14-2020, 10:00 PM
I'd like to propose the solution of everyone rolling a cleric. Not only would there then be a massive rez force available to benefit every other class, but then these types of issues would be resolved as you'd have your half-second (or better!) CH chain that would negate the need for a clickie.

The solution is more clerics! Be them alts or mains - each and every one would be welcome.

-Mcoy

billwilliams
03-14-2020, 10:07 PM
If you really wanted too you could find a way to get the camp/spawn before they do. How bad do you want it? Are you willing to wear them out week after week? This is the way. Eventually they will compromise. All men/women/zers have their breaking points even the ones still in their mothers and fathers underground bunkers.

Sethius Marlowe
03-14-2020, 10:29 PM
This is easy to do. Just seed the world. Find one person bored with 50k to blow on a fun social experiment and basically have them make a post saying they’ll give 1k to every one who makes a new cleric to play. And they’ll get that money at like level 5 or 10 or something. Or some up front. Or a twink item to level easily to the point where they are useful.

Sky is the limit. Anyone can do this.

I have like 30k I’m not using but I’m probably not gonna play again til kunark really so. I dunno. Find someone who camps manastones that has like 500k with nothing to do with it and get them to make the game better.

Albanwr
03-14-2020, 10:50 PM
You could have 1 million clerics and people would still poop sock meaningless shit...tis the way of the neckbeard.

Kohedron
03-15-2020, 12:04 AM
wahh wahh

this non instanced non pvp game is causing situations where I'm getting blocked from immediate access to things

Vostok
03-15-2020, 12:28 AM
I would farm soulfire like it was a manastone if only to fuck over whiny paladins and bottle their tears. But why all the tp?

To watch you suffer, while we have squeaky clean tears when we poopsock

Ratchet51
03-15-2020, 12:30 AM
Please don't make them unclassic and Paladin click only. Paladins should stay and only be useful on raids as a DS bot like Ratchet. Not true. I did see Ratchet DA engage and FTE a couple raid targets :confused:

Can you imagine 20 odd Paladins having to take other essential class slots because they are the only class that can click on Soul Fire :eek:

I suggest, You get good or DIE trying. :cool:

Stay classy Green and away from my BLUE pixels :D

Thanks... I guess?

Tenderizer
03-15-2020, 12:33 AM
Pretty soon Velious will be out too. Don't sweat it. Make some friends with these people, they may be actchually pretty cool fellows.

rofl, HHHaaaaHAHAhH, LOl, hehehehehehehehehehehehhehe, lamo, teehehehehhe, lmfao! ahahaha.

Wrekt
03-15-2020, 12:40 AM
To watch you suffer, while we have squeaky clean tears when we poopsock

i won't suffer. i have a water hose and 80 acres of land. just failing to understand why all you casual normies are buying up all the tp

Hazek
03-15-2020, 01:02 AM
4 paladins in the Dark Seal Alliance have Soulfire.

Ceion
03-15-2020, 02:44 AM
They can Nerf Ivandyrs, but SoulFire they won’t touch? Not understanding this....

Fragged
03-15-2020, 05:18 AM
Thank god it's not going to paladins. It would be sad if such a useful item went to use a useless class.

<3

Fragged
03-15-2020, 05:21 AM
Such*

Double post for maximum immersion.

Wrekt
03-15-2020, 05:29 AM
Thank god it's not going to paladins. It would be sad if such a useful item went to use a useless class.

<3

You're goddamn right. Fuck paladins in their useless, holy ass.

Hazek
03-15-2020, 05:47 AM
No

Kerwin 5.0
03-15-2020, 09:19 AM

agree

Mickets
03-15-2020, 09:27 AM
Great post OP, I feel for you. Sorry I have no solutions.

magnetaress
03-15-2020, 10:48 AM
Why not show up on your Pally, and kindly ask whoever is camping it if you may have the item for your epic? Can post log results of said convo.

Ennewi
03-15-2020, 11:59 AM
Playing overpowered classes, in ZEM dungeons, on a 20 year old game with GINA and a detailed wiki is one thing, but then to block one of the more disadvantaged classes from an item that adds even more single-player-ability to your MMO? Lay Hands isn't even a Complete Heal and it has a 72 minute cooldown because the original devs didn't want easymode raiding. Having access to 5 charges of Complete Heal, being able to Hoop down raid targets. It wouldn't need nerfing if players recognized, like Auld Lang Syne did, that self-imposed restrictions add onto the experience, that for every feature/ability gained, something else is given up.

drdrakes
03-15-2020, 01:05 PM
Playing overpowered classes, in ZEM dungeons, on a 20 year old game with GINA and a detailed wiki is one thing, but then to block one of the more disadvantaged classes from an item that adds even more single-player-ability to your MMO? Lay Hands isn't even a Complete Heal and it has a 72 minute cooldown because the original devs didn't want easymode raiding. Having access to 5 charges of Complete Heal, being able to Hoop down raid targets. It wouldn't need nerfing if players recognized, like Auld Lang Syne did, that self-imposed restrictions add onto the experience, that for every feature/ability gained, something else is given up.

You're forgetting that people don't play here for fun, they play here for $3 an hour.

ZiggyTheMuss
03-15-2020, 03:08 PM

2 real 5 me. I agree there is definitely much more fun in facing challenges with minimal advantages.

Visual
03-15-2020, 03:58 PM
Should be made paladin only and all recharging should be removed. I feel the staff will come to this conclusion inevitably. Just may be 10 (20?) years too late like aoe cap

Arkanjil
03-15-2020, 04:27 PM
They should have been nerfed to paladin only years ago.

Wrekt
03-15-2020, 04:35 PM
I can fix this problem. Remove paladins from the game. They suck. Thanks.

Ennewi
03-15-2020, 04:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqxjRzzGn8k

magnetaress
03-15-2020, 05:14 PM
Now that the fun of playing devils advocate is over. Please make these obvious classic changes so only palladium gold members may access completely healing thru clutching their soulfires.

Smash_Money
03-15-2020, 09:44 PM
https://prnt.sc/rgwoez

Thanks for the support everyone! <3

Smash_Money
03-15-2020, 09:48 PM

Ennewi
03-15-2020, 10:40 PM

https://youtu.be/rEGdCDQrgX4

bradsamma
03-15-2020, 11:01 PM
This is one of the most ridiculous rants I've read on here. If you're not a member of a raiding guild you're not going to get your paladin epic, period. If you join a real raiding guild, you'll be able to get the soulfire no problem.

Anyhow, the real reason why I came here was to say that seal team six has to be the stupidest, most childish, immature names for a guild in the history of the game. It's the kind of name a 12 year old boy would come up with because he thought it was so bad ass!!!!!

Wrekt
03-15-2020, 11:17 PM
This is one of the most ridiculous rants I've read on here. If you're not a member of a raiding guild you're not going to get your paladin epic, period. If you join a real raiding guild, you'll be able to get the soulfire no problem.

Anyhow, the real reason why I came here was to say that seal team six has to be the stupidest, most childish, immature names for a guild in the history of the game. It's the kind of name a 12 year old boy would come up with because he thought it was so bad ass!!!!!

Agreed. If I joined, I'd 100% of the time be anon.

Smash_Money
03-15-2020, 11:46 PM
I think you mean S.E.A.L. Team Six? I wouldn't join that guild either. If you haven't noticed, we are Seal Team.

https://prnt.sc/rgxs7t

Thanks again for your congratulations on the Soulfire.

Ceion
03-16-2020, 12:19 AM
Not only is a ridiculous name, the guild has to resort to getting there non-paladin members soulfires to gimp raid bosses to progress.

Nerf SoulFire, pal only sword is trivializing the encounters this is was not intended. Exploit

magnetaress
03-16-2020, 12:44 AM
<Nerf Soulfire>

magnetaress
03-16-2020, 12:44 AM
and the opposing faction....

<Soulfire Nerf>

Hazek
03-16-2020, 12:45 AM
Agreed. If I joined, I'd 100% of the time be anon.

You wouldn't get invited cause you're a dumb noname random

Kohedron
03-16-2020, 08:48 AM
In case it hasn't been mentioned:

Classic too bad, close thread now

Ennewi
03-16-2020, 08:58 AM
In case it hasn't been mentioned:

Classic too bad, close thread now

It wasn't mentioned because, as others already pointed out...

Ivandyr's_Hoop
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
Slot: EAR
Charges: 6
AC: 6
WIS: +6 INT: +6 HP: +6
Effect: Spirit Tap (Any Slot, Casting Time: Instant)
WT: 0.1 Size: TINY
Class: ALL except DRU MNK BRD
Race: ALL except BAR ELF HIE DWF HFL

Can no longer be sold to (or recharged by) merchants. No longer unresistable. Does not work in Veeshan's Peak. Also made a more rare reward than in classic, due to imbalance with raid mobs. (Sept 10, 2011 patch)[1]

Not classic, and with good reason.

gundumbwing
03-16-2020, 09:35 AM
Let's not forget the quad wands these nerds hoarded and abused to high heaven.

Keeping in an unintentional bug like recharging in the game for the sake of "classic" while making numerous unclassic changes that literally changed how the entire classic experience felt back in 99 will always be mind boggling.

Lordgordon
03-16-2020, 09:46 AM
If you want to be the top RMTers you need all the soulfires.

douglas1999
03-16-2020, 02:04 PM
I do feel pretty damn bad for paladins that this is allowed to be a thing. I hate recharging too, but if I could only nix one of them it would be soulfire hoarding. And spare me the "well it can never be classic cause people have knowledge blah blah" argument cause it's pure shit. Since we can't do everything, doesn't mean we should do nothing (wrt: making the game feel as classic as possible to the greatest number of people)

Ashenden
03-16-2020, 04:44 PM
Ennewi is smort, yall should be more like him.

Nerf Soulfire, Nerf Reaper, Nerf Mallet, Nerf Recharging. Fix EQ, make tanks actually swing their weapons a bit instead of just instant engaging with 2.5k threat. Make people turn in braids. Make messed up cleric chains kill the tank instead of announcing someone will need to just fill it with a CH click. Anyone against the concept is a bad.

Also when is bellycasting getting fixed? It's silly that I can just fill my inventory with nets and permaroot 10 giants out of melee range.

Ashenden
03-16-2020, 04:45 PM
And yeah I am saying I think those 3 clickies should be changed from Any Slot to Any Slot, Can Equip.

Red Wood Wand is another example of why recharging needs to fuck off.

Wrekt
03-16-2020, 04:58 PM
You wouldn't get invited cause you're a dumb noname random

Correction, you shitbad scrub racist methhead, I'm a no-name random ON THE FORUMS.

BurtMacklinFBI
03-16-2020, 05:03 PM

Nerf Soulfire, Nerf Reaper, Nerf Mallet, Nerf Recharging. Fix EQ, make tanks actually swing their weapons a bit instead of just instant engaging with 2.5k threat. Make people turn in braids. Make messed up cleric chains kill the tank instead of announcing someone will need to just fill it with a CH click. Anyone against the concept is a bad.

Also when is bellycasting getting fixed? It's silly that I can just fill my inventory with nets and permaroot 10 giants out of melee range.

Best post ever made on p99 forums. someone wake up nilgob and rogaine

Erati
03-16-2020, 05:15 PM

Keep bumping my bug reports

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344751

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346144

Hazek
03-16-2020, 10:26 PM
Correction, you shitbad scrub racist methhead, I'm a no-name random ON THE FORUMS.

Lol mad

I respect good black people and their culture.

I've never done any drugs except weed.

You're a desparerate and pathetic coward who's too embarrassed to tell us who your character is.

mattydef
03-17-2020, 12:49 AM
I’m glad I accomplished my EQ goals back on blue.

Wrekt
03-17-2020, 01:37 AM
Lol mad

You're a desparerate and pathetic coward who's too embarrassed to tell us who your character is.

I'm Wrekt...

You are fat, bald, dumb, poor and racist.

Visual
03-17-2020, 08:42 AM
Let's not forget the quad wands these nerds hoarded and abused to high heaven.

Keeping in an unintentional bug like recharging in the game for the sake of "classic" while making numerous unclassic changes that literally changed how the entire classic experience felt back in 99 will always be mind boggling.

Wands of perfect example of why recharging should be removed. Melees insta quadding mobs.. ok

I believe Rogaen and Nilbog will remove these. They are just very busy ATM and it's kinda hectic for everybody IRL right now. Unfortunately, the classic experience has already been a bit sullied by it. Maybe next server :)

Bondrake
03-17-2020, 09:11 AM
I'm Wrekt...

You are fat, bald, dumb, poor and racist.

Lol your life in complete sh1t. No one loves you and no one ever will.

Rick Sanchez
03-17-2020, 10:11 AM
You need to be a full time stay at home son to accomplish anything on this emulator, save yourself the effort and play on another server or realize you can't have everything you want when you want it.

Octopath
03-17-2020, 11:34 AM
Wands of perfect example of why recharging should be removed. Melees insta quadding mobs.. ok

I believe Rogaen and Nilbog will remove these. They are just very busy ATM and it's kinda hectic for everybody IRL right now. Unfortunately, the classic experience has already been a bit sullied by it. Maybe next server :)

I better get lvl 50 fast then... has been nice quadding from 40-45 in a matter of hours.

Bardp1999
03-17-2020, 03:54 PM
The devs had a chance to fix the server and decided to be selectivly classic.

Fuck recharging

Fuck agro clickies

Fuck Soulfires (non pallys)

These are not natural parts of the game, they were emergent game play mechanics that came to be known literally years after release IE. NOT CLASSIC

Hazek
03-17-2020, 04:53 PM
I'm fat, bald, dumb, poor and racist.

strongNpretty
03-17-2020, 05:18 PM
People still trying to be the best at Everquest in 2020.... Meanwhile, i'm fuckin pissed the flu has closed my gym!!!!

Vheran
03-17-2020, 08:33 PM
I liked all the colours you used in your post, OP.

kaizersoze
03-17-2020, 10:12 PM

yep.. same as for blue.

DMN
03-18-2020, 03:30 AM
This is stupid

Agreed

Soulfire

Agreed

Seal team

Trifecta.

Zal22
03-18-2020, 06:56 AM
Lol mad

At least own the fact that you are Nordok and so bad that you had to reroll.. You even "oops" replied with your Hazek forum account.

Hazek
03-18-2020, 07:54 AM
https://i.imgur.com/C9OUjPu.png

PDX0621
03-18-2020, 12:32 PM

Wait, it takes skill to play a warrior?

radda
03-19-2020, 12:47 PM
this isnt new
soulfires will not change
you will get your chance but it wont be when ever you want it...

Vheran
03-19-2020, 12:53 PM
Wait, it takes skill to play a warrior?

yeah bro gotta click the light grey button when it's not dark grey.

Hazek
03-19-2020, 01:00 PM
yeah bro gotta click the light grey button when it's not dark grey.

Some of the best warriors can use auto attack and taunt simultaneously.

Canelek
03-19-2020, 01:24 PM
OP: Welcome to P99. I hope you enjoy your stay. Despite the unfairness of this game's mechanics in many regards, that is kind of the point.

Just do something else until the spawn time changes (does it? I forget). If you are genuinely upset, which seems to be the case, take a vacation from it. There are options out there, ya know.

Kohedron
03-19-2020, 01:25 PM
Some of the best warriors can use auto attack and taunt simultaneously.
Video proof or it didn't happen

Zekayy
03-19-2020, 09:03 PM

p99 did nerf the soulfire on red if they could nerf it there then they can nerf it here only pallies can use it on red

levitikin
03-20-2020, 08:46 AM
"is that what they say" - I didnt know. -Anti-Jacob-Crew. the Band Wagon Band.
magnetaress is delegated Head Chairman Lieutenant Captain WeeTard Lead Drums

Zekayy
03-21-2020, 06:17 PM
p99 did nerf the soulfire on red if they could nerf it there then they can nerf it here only pallies can use it on red

again wheres the nerf? come on devs

Vizax_Xaziv
03-21-2020, 08:19 PM
When Lucan becomes a 7 Hour spawn, put him on a /list so Paladins can atleast have a shot at this fucking guy

Or Nerf it so just Paladins can use. Which I am sure was intended all along.

Pally-only SoulFire would be amazing and would give one of the most heavily penalized classes a nice little boost!

Gittur done!

Wallicker
03-22-2020, 05:18 PM
It’s an EPIC, join a guild and/or make friends and camp for 48hrs. Or lvl a bard/ench to 50 and camp 48hrs yourself and solo Lucan. These guilds don’t camp this 7 days a week. Also Seal Team didn’t get last Soulfire.

azxten
03-22-2020, 07:33 PM
"Seal Team" and the core officers get privileges on P99. It's undeniable. They must donate money or something. The only solution is to just not play. That is the choice I made.

Devs won't nerf ZEMs. They won't nerf trivializing clickies. No recharge nerf. Overcap mana. They leave everything in game for some reason that helps certain players control the raid scene.

I got banned long ago for using MQ2 one time at level 1 to test if it worked on P99 simply as a test of if the server was worth playing on. They banned me 30 levels layer in spite of me never using it again. Months later the entire raid scene was caught using MQ2 and given a "warning" where they got deleveled some.

The staff here play favorites and complaining about it is pointless. For whatever reason they've made their decision to enable "Seal Team" and the same group of players who have made this server garbage for years.

The staff only seems to cater to the raid audience and has zero concept that many other players are trying to play here for non-raid content that is being ruined.

I had high hopes for Green and then they put in non classic fast respawns, nerfed quest exp, etc. Everything just points to the same bullshit games they're playing with the playerbase. They ignore bug reports that are backed by evidence showing how completely fucking unclassic this server is.

Just let them have their server. They're paying for it in donations apparently or who knows what. Fuck P99.

Wallicker
03-22-2020, 07:38 PM
"Seal Team" and the core officers get privileges on P99. It's undeniable. They must donate money or something. The only solution is to just not play. That is the choice I made.

Devs won't nerf ZEMs. They won't nerf trivializing clickies. No recharge nerf. Overcap mana. They leave everything in game for some reason that helps certain players control the raid scene.

I got banned long ago for using MQ2 one time at level 1 to test if it worked on P99 simply as a test of if the server was worth playing on. They banned me 30 levels layer in spite of me never using it again. Months later the entire raid scene was caught using MQ2 and given a "warning" where they got deleveled some.

The staff here play favorites and complaining about it is pointless. For whatever reason they've made their decision to enable "Seal Team" and the same group of players who have made this server garbage for years.

The staff only seems to cater to the raid audience and has zero concept that many other players are trying to play here for non-raid content that is being ruined.

I had high hopes for Green and then they put in non classic fast respawns, nerfed quest exp, etc. Everything just points to the same bullshit games they're playing with the playerbase. They ignore bug reports that are backed by evidence showing how completely fucking unclassic this server is.

Just let them have their server. They're paying for it in donations apparently or who knows what. Fuck P99.

What kind of privileges do they get?

kaev
03-23-2020, 02:46 AM
What kind of privileges do they get?

Why do you ask, jealous?

sedrie.bellamie
03-23-2020, 11:20 AM

bye

aaezil
03-23-2020, 11:46 AM
Thoughts and prayers for the no lifers camping lucan for weeks/months straight

kotton05
03-23-2020, 11:52 AM
2020 elf sim y’all are fucking grossing me out

boukk
03-23-2020, 04:31 PM
Only pally should be able to click that, it should be corrected, classic or not.

Hell, classic content is already easy enough as it is.

Nirgon
03-23-2020, 05:31 PM
https://i.imgur.com/C9OUjPu.png

Vill
03-23-2020, 05:35 PM

Still waiting for my special privileges.

https://sealteam99.org/

CancerMage
03-23-2020, 05:45 PM
everyone that plays here should be donating, i try to treat it like i am paying for a sub, although i admit i sometime forget. But i try to make up for it on other months. Which reminds me!

radda
03-23-2020, 08:26 PM
2020 elf sim y’all are fucking grossing me out

nothing is different than 5 years ago.
i dont know why you are so shocked considering you've stayed in this mess all along.

kotton05
03-24-2020, 02:38 PM
nothing is different than 5 years ago.
i dont know why you are so shocked considering you've stayed in this mess all along.

Then you should know I’m joking

turbosilk
03-24-2020, 09:22 PM

Amen

Christina.
03-24-2020, 09:59 PM
That paladin's sword is on fire!

Emberthorn
03-31-2020, 04:03 PM
bahahah Lucan being camped 40+ hours before he spawns now. Gotta get thems DKP.

CancerMage
03-31-2020, 04:20 PM
bahahah Lucan being camped 40+ hours before he spawns now. Gotta get thems DKP.

72 hours

Emberthorn
03-31-2020, 04:33 PM
72 hours

LMAO ST. At least the last 3 Lucans from the quakes went to Paladins.

Smash_Money
03-31-2020, 04:42 PM
This one is going to a druid, so that it's not wasted.

CancerMage
03-31-2020, 05:23 PM
LMAO ST. At least the last 3 Lucans from the quakes went to Paladins.

the last 2 or 3 that st actually got were paladins as well.

Emberthorn
03-31-2020, 05:27 PM
Hey -- good for them and maybe this was just trolling: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3098289#post3098289

/shrug don't care, i'm a ranger anyway lmao.

Zekayy
03-31-2020, 07:24 PM
Bump is the soulfire nerfed yet like on red?

PabloEdvardo
04-01-2020, 09:38 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ohGaT2Y.png

gkmarino
04-01-2020, 10:19 PM
nerf that shit you animals.

Ashenden
04-02-2020, 04:09 PM
I got my Shamanfire back when it was only an 8 hour camp.

Nerf Soulfire.

Honestly though to the people saying Seal Team is using these to trivialize content: I feel bad that you think anyone has used a single click of a Soulfire on this already trivial content. CT dies in under 20 seconds. Inny is going to be even easier with no zone wide assist. They are 32k potatoes.

Nerf recharging and mallets and reaper btw.

Zekayy
04-03-2020, 05:16 AM

gundumbwing
04-03-2020, 05:53 AM
I got my Shamanfire back when it was only an 8 hour camp.

Nerf Soulfire.

Honestly though to the people saying Seal Team is using these to trivialize content: I feel bad that you think anyone has used a single click of a Soulfire on this already trivial content. CT dies in under 20 seconds. Inny is going to be even easier with no zone wide assist. They are 32k potatoes.

Nerf recharging and mallets and reaper btw.

Well start feeling bad, a whole guild does it with more than one soulfire.

Emberthorn
04-03-2020, 02:29 PM
lmao people who think you need it to trivialize content. The point is to get it to by time for clerics to get to the engage if they're behind or if it's late at night, you can eliminate clerics all together for an engage w/ SoulFire + Reaper and druid/shaman.

But this is RnF after all.

Jimjam
04-03-2020, 02:43 PM
It’s a gameplay loop. You acquire pixels to help you acquire more pixels. Such patterns are self reinforcing and as such are very addictive. Addiction will always express itself, leading to progressively more extreme behaviour which is why these people are behaving in the way they do.

They are going to play Everquest, regardless of any other factor, and will jump through extremely time consuming hoops for even the most marginal reward as it is the only way to perpetuate that positive feedback cycle.

Ashenden
04-03-2020, 06:56 PM
Well start feeling bad, a whole guild does it with more than one soulfire.

Never seen a Seal Team member click a Soulfire. Can I introduce you to Reaper of the Dead and Wort Pots?

Nerf everything btw.

gundumbwing
04-04-2020, 07:12 AM
Never seen a Seal Team member click a Soulfire. Can I introduce you to Reaper of the Dead and Wort Pots?

Nerf everything btw.

Yep, all those soulfires collected on classes that can't equip is being done with no intention of using them trivialize content. :rolleyes: .

Krone90
04-04-2020, 08:41 AM
It’s a gameplay loop. You acquire pixels to help you acquire more pixels. Such patterns are self reinforcing and as such are very addictive. Addiction will always express itself, leading to progressively more extreme behaviour which is why these people are behaving in the way they do.

They are going to play Everquest, regardless of any other factor, and will jump through extremely time consuming hoops for even the most marginal reward as it is the only way to perpetuate that positive feedback cycle. Well Said , very well said

Ennewi
04-04-2020, 09:03 AM

They are going to play Everquest, regardless of any other factor, and will jump through extremely time consuming hoops for even the most marginal reward as it is the only way to perpetuate that positive feedback cycle.

Fragged
04-04-2020, 09:20 AM
Yep, all those soulfires collected on classes that can't equip is being done with no intention of using them trivialize content. :rolleyes: .

What else would be the point of acquiring loot? :rolleyes:

<3

Visual
04-04-2020, 12:37 PM
Make soulfire pally only and remove recharging already :p

I am all for classic but if you're going to nerf other things like Ivandyrs hoop cause they trivialize content, then nerf red wood wands and shit like this :p:p:p

fastboy21
04-04-2020, 01:28 PM
you're supposed to role a monk and level him on a burner account...then train them right at the spawn. might only annoy them, but if you keep at it you'll get under their skin eventually.

log back into real account. profit.

this is eq...you make your own solutions.

option b: make sad posts about how you can't win at EQ.

Kulo
04-05-2020, 10:58 AM
Raids can be done without clickies.

Fragged
04-05-2020, 06:37 PM
Raids can be done without clickies.

In fact they can be done without any items at all!

I think you should lead the way. Show us plebs how it's done.

xpolkx
04-05-2020, 08:41 PM
Why don't you camp it before ST gets there?

Ennewi
04-05-2020, 08:47 PM
In fact they can be done without any items at all!

I think you should lead the way. Show us plebs how it's done.

Why stop there?

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=33306

gredoo
04-06-2020, 01:07 PM

https://i.imgur.com/53RaJql.jpg

elaidaib
04-08-2020, 06:01 AM
as a young up and coming paladin on green I am saddened at my future prospects of obtaining a SoulFire now.

Nirgon
04-08-2020, 10:55 AM
as a young up and coming paladin on green I am saddened at my future prospects of obtaining a SoulFire now.

top pixels for top players

if you are one, it wont be an issue

Evets
04-08-2020, 04:52 PM

An easy re-roll then!

OuterChimp
04-08-2020, 06:58 PM
All your SoulFire are belong to us!

Zekayy
04-12-2020, 05:32 AM

Ashenden
04-14-2020, 11:43 PM

You're really obsessed with not believing me. All content currently in the game is trivial without using a 7day non-rechargeable clickie and so it's almost like they would be more useful in... Later content?¿

But you do you and keep believing this item is the magical key to any Seal Team success.

Nerf Soulfire, Reaper, Mallet, and recharging btw
And fix bellycasting

Zekayy
04-15-2020, 12:05 PM

Bump is it nerfed yet?

Gustoo
04-15-2020, 12:11 PM
Also wondering if it is nerfed yet? Please confirm

deadleaf
04-18-2020, 11:53 PM
Well, i'm pretty sure based on recent GM decisions in game and the pnp rules, lucan would be considered an FTE mob since he is outdoors. problem solved maybe? also... no guild is supposed to monopolize over 24 hrs. So technically someone needs to be listed in every one in a while that is not from guild perma camping (this goes for any guild not just ST).

Phaezed-Reality
04-19-2020, 03:28 AM
first

Ballzo
04-19-2020, 03:28 AM
Nilbog/Rogean: Anyone completing the SoulFire quest from this point forward who is NOT a Paladin will recieve a SoulFire with 0 charges.

Now the problem is most likely solved!

kaev
04-19-2020, 03:32 AM
Rogean gets the last laugh ahahahaHAHAHAHAHA!!

hehe

k9quaint
04-19-2020, 04:38 AM
Nilbog/Rogean: Anyone completing the SoulFire quest from this point forward who is NOT a Paladin will recieve a SoulFire with 0 charges.

Now the problem is most likely solved!

Beat me to it.

GinnasP99
04-19-2020, 07:01 AM
Praise the sun

Mickets
04-19-2020, 08:29 AM
BOB PORTER
I looked into it more deeply and I found what happened was seal team got laid
off about five years ago and no one ever told them about it. But through
a glitch in payroll, they still get a soulfire with charges. I went ahead and fixed
the glitch.

BILL
Great.

DOM
So, um, seal team has been let go.

BOB SLYDELL
Just a second there, Professor. We, uh, we fixed the glitch. So they
won't be receiving a charged soulfire anymore. So it'll just work itself out
naturally.

BOB PORTER
We always like to avoid confrontation whenever possible. The problem is
solved from here on, then.

They laugh.

Enshadowed
04-19-2020, 08:45 AM
Praise the sun

elaidaib
04-19-2020, 03:50 PM
Rejoice!

Tethler
04-19-2020, 10:09 PM
BOB PORTER
I looked into it more deeply and I found what happened was seal team got laid
off about five years ago and no one ever told them about it. But through
a glitch in payroll, they still get a soulfire with charges. I went ahead and fixed
the glitch.

BILL
Great.

DOM
So, um, seal team has been let go.

BOB SLYDELL
Just a second there, Professor. We, uh, we fixed the glitch. So they
won't be receiving a charged soulfire anymore. So it'll just work itself out
naturally.

BOB PORTER
We always like to avoid confrontation whenever possible. The problem is
solved from here on, then.

They laugh.

Quality post

LostCause
04-20-2020, 11:00 AM
what so anyone can click soulfire still on blue? on red they made it so only paladins can use .. so its a easy fix lol