PDA

View Full Version : Population Increase As COVID Advances?

Tricket
03-12-2020, 05:36 PM
We are still in this virus' infancy. It is going to get much worse in the weeks and months ahead. But I'm not addressing the virus, just the fallout:
Corporations are already asking employees to stay and work at home if possible. (In North America at least)

Dream come true for many of you (more time/friends to play with, economy bump, excuse to continue filthy hermit habits) - nightmare for others (more competition/petitions, fewer fast food delivery drivers)

Make your predictions now (i'd give mine but no one cares. I also don't care, but I gift you a chance to say 'called it')

1) Will peak population go up as weeks advance?

2) Will /lists be longer?

3) ???

4) Will guild rotations/agreements dissolve and race/chaos return?

magnetaress
03-12-2020, 06:13 PM
I don't know. People will probably become more distressed and anxious. That just means we have to be nicer, and try to calm them down as much as possible in game and out so that we can help our elven nations heal from this grievous illness.

Swish
03-12-2020, 09:52 PM
I think PlagueRatDisease needs to be applied to all characters, as a reminder that everyone needs to wash their hands... and maybe clean their keyboards once in a while <3

sentinel
03-12-2020, 10:29 PM
curious on what racist men of odus think

their furor thinks it is no big deal, just the flu, go to work and shake hands

who are we kidding they are basement shut ins

sentinel
03-12-2020, 10:30 PM
reminder: they are not racist, they have to constantly delete racist posts on their discord when people notice. also, they guffaw together and name their characters basketball, stewdent athlete, and tyrone

just coincidences really

Tethler
03-13-2020, 05:21 AM
Karana plague, but in all of Norrath as custom content.

Mblake81
03-13-2020, 07:26 AM
I think PlagueRatDisease needs to be applied to all characters, as a reminder that everyone needs to wash their hands... and maybe clean their keyboards once in a while <3

Counteract Disease brand disinfectant.

https://i.imgur.com/FezFuJO.png

Gatorsmash
03-13-2020, 07:30 AM
Snow storms- cozy, it's nice to look at and hear = babies

Coronavirus- Anxiety filled, second guessing every cough and sniffle rollercoaster while you wait for it to get worse = no boomboom and a lot of stress jacking

Natewest1987
03-13-2020, 08:51 AM

Coronavirus- Anxiety filled, second guessing every cough and sniffle rollercoaster while you wait for it to get worse = no boomboom and a lot of stress jacking

stress jacking? lolol

Sethius Marlowe
03-13-2020, 01:28 PM
Yeah you guys don’t masturbate violently when you get anxious?

Hazek
03-13-2020, 11:29 PM
Corono wirus blown out of portion.

False flag mechanics, but real instead of staged to push vaccines, profit, etc.

Some can die with weak immune systems.

Nirgon is right if he said its no big deal for healthy people.

Besides freaking out and buying all the things.

Infrastructure is the real threshold between problem and peace.

If you can still order it online it should be fine, stores will restock in a week or less.

This is a wakeup call for real prepping if the lights go out or the trucks stop moving.

Nobody posts anything racist in DMO discord and i've been in the guild since level 1.

If anything does then it gets deleted, which i've literally never seen because it doesn't get posted.

Sometimes we mix RL culture with Everquest because its fun. (not even made by us)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hopIJ21NqIM

Sentinel If you cease attacking DMO and reveal your character name then I'll forgive you this one time.
If you refuse, then everything you say from this point forward is entirely null as you remain a random troll.

If you think anyone is actually racist then take it up with the staff but don't waste their time.

<Dark Men of Odus>
https://i.imgur.com/Kpa9XBv.png
u kno?

Arkanjil
03-14-2020, 12:05 AM
Hope you're prepared....to play EQ.

Sethius Marlowe
03-14-2020, 08:53 AM
Solmn. There is absolutely nothing blown out of proportion about Covid.

I am being absolutely serious here when I say this, I’m not role playing. And I will prove this. My girlfriend is a phd epidemiologist that works for path on malaria and counsels world leaders on malaria control everyday. Her former colleagues are literally like two out of five of the people that are literally telling the prime minister of the uk what the policy will be. She is a very big deal. I will prove this if I have to.

This virus is a HUGE deal. It has the very real potential to collapse economies. Entire countries are falling apart.

Sethius Marlowe
03-14-2020, 08:55 AM
Right now the uk is dealing with making a decision on how to prevent an epidemic and there’s a very real possibility that their decision is going to be to do nothing and let everyone get infected to let the virus run it’s course. And if that happens then about 1.2 million people are going to die there. If the same happens here then 6 million people are going to die. And it’s about a 50 percent chance that’s the decision they go with. To do absolutely nothing and just let everyone get infected.

Hazek
03-14-2020, 10:02 AM
If you shut everything down over a flu virus yea

Hazek
03-14-2020, 10:10 AM
Right now the uk is dealing with making a decision on how to prevent an epidemic and there’s a very real possibility that their decision is going to be to do nothing and let everyone get infected to let the virus run it’s course. And if that happens then about 1.2 million people are going to die there. If the same happens here then 6 million people are going to die. And it’s about a 50 percent chance that’s the decision they go with. To do absolutely nothing and just let everyone get infected.

How'd you get those numbers?

Also garlic

Fammaden
03-14-2020, 10:29 AM
I am being absolutely serious here when I say this, I’m not role playing. And I will prove this. My girlfriend is a phd epidemiologist that works for path on malaria and counsels world leaders on malaria control everyday. Her former colleagues are literally like two out of five of the people that are literally telling the prime minister of the uk what the policy will be. She is a very big deal. I will prove this if I have to.

I would like to see the proof, thank you.

Thugnuts
03-14-2020, 10:37 AM
Wuhan flu aint shit. 2009 swine flu, we had 60 million cases and over 12,000 deaths in the US alone. Nobody was panicking or buying up all the toilet paper. Why? Because the lame ass media had the housing bubble, the bail outs, the recession, and a young first term President to talk about. That's the only difference.

What happened here is that the virus broke out in China and they took strong measures to deal with it. Prudent, given the living conditions of many of their people there. But it was a slow news time for Western media, who took all the dramatic footage and information coming out of China and packaged it up into an exciting News™ product which it then sold to all the lemmings of the world. Once it started spreading, as viruses do, they couldn't then backtrack their coverage. They ramped it up instead, and created a mass hysteria that is much worse than the actual epidemic.

Bottom line on bat soup flu: live life as normal. Wash your grubby hands. If you're over 60 or have compromised health, avoid large crowds and take extra precautions. That's pretty much it. This virus isn't actually fucking up anyone except maybe Italy. And that's because much of Italy is a dirty second world country with a large elderly population and a lazy, corrupt, and incompetent government.

Sethius Marlowe
03-14-2020, 11:20 AM
I'm not gonna dox my girlfriend for the internet but I'm happy to prove it in private messages to someone who wants to say "yep I seens it"

With a case fatality rate of 2% which is what we're working with, 1.2 million people in the UK will die, mostly the elderly.

Sethius Marlowe
03-14-2020, 11:21 AM
if we do the same thing in America, about 7 million people will die.

Sethius Marlowe
03-14-2020, 11:21 AM
its kind of a big deal

k9quaint
03-14-2020, 12:13 PM
I am looking forward to 14% all the old people dying.
More if all the hospital beds fill up.

More camps will be open IRL!

Praxcthius
03-14-2020, 03:56 PM
100% of people die. This has been the way of it throughout history immemorial. It's just now we have so much technology that people think is their God that they are unable/unwilling to part with it and refuse to accept any other perspective or omgosh facts. remember more people die from car crashes than this silly excuse for a pandemic

Sethius Marlowe
03-14-2020, 04:40 PM
100% of people die. This has been the way of it throughout history immemorial. It's just now we have so much technology that people think is their God that they are unable/unwilling to part with it and refuse to accept any other perspective or omgosh facts. remember more people die from car crashes than this silly excuse for a pandemic

That's a super simplistic way of looking at it, but hey if it works for you who cares, right?

Dolalin
03-14-2020, 05:39 PM
A baby is the best birth control you will ever get.

Sethius Marlowe
03-14-2020, 05:50 PM
We thank you for your contribution you wacky weirdo

Sibelia1
03-14-2020, 09:41 PM

actually i keep freaking out like i have coronavirus every night after sex :p after the "boom boom" w/ fiancee makes my nose stuff up :o

Naonak
03-14-2020, 09:52 PM
You are all safe in your command centers AKA Moms basement

billwilliams
03-14-2020, 10:04 PM
At first yes, but then as the autists leave their dwellings after weeks of 12-16 hour sessions for basic essentials like carbonated beverages and MSG corporate spicy chips/crisps, their severely weakened and compromised immune system will get hit by round2/strain2 of COVID19 which is only developing now.

Hopefully this culls certain autists, poopsockers and other elf sim pixel sickened members from the general population, strengthens our overall gene pool and eventually lowers and tapers ouf the p1999 green population.

Jack N
03-14-2020, 10:30 PM
Sethius watched the Joe Rogean podcast and now is dating a world-renowned epidemiologist. Yup.

Sethius Marlowe
03-15-2020, 02:00 AM
Ugh. I actually am. Can someone reputable that won’t spill the beans just ask me to dm them proof?

Sethius Marlowe
03-15-2020, 02:03 AM
also, while a lot of people i meet always comment that I seem and act a lot like joe, and while he does seem like the kinda guy i'd get along with, I think I've only ever listened to like one of his podcasts. he seems pretty intelligent and rational but also with one foot in sanity and one foot in "hey maybe, crazytown" which is a lot like who I am too.

Jack N
03-15-2020, 03:27 AM
You don't seem crazy at all man.

Madae
03-15-2020, 03:31 AM
Joe has changed a lot over the years. He's mostly just a super stoner now, but he likes listening to smart people talk, so some of his podcast stuff is interesting. I wouldn't say he's all that intelligent, only that he has an open mind. I feel a he was a lot more rational back in the early 2000's, though. I played Quake with him, and also was a member of his forum before he poofed it.

Hazek
03-15-2020, 05:59 AM
https://i.imgur.com/YHid1oa.jpg

Sethius Marlowe
03-15-2020, 08:27 AM
Yeah but this one is still ramping up. Call me when it’s over.

Gatorsmash
03-15-2020, 01:07 PM
stress jacking? lolol

Gotta jack that stress out man, were heading into uncharted waters. You want a clear head.

magnetaress
03-15-2020, 01:53 PM
HIV still 100% percent deadly than CoViD19 reach out and give me a call once you get your Truvada prescription, that shit is a terrible way to go.

Sibelia1
03-15-2020, 02:30 PM
HIV still 100% percent deadly than CoViD19 reach out and give me a call once you get your Truvada prescription, that shit is a terrible way to go.

i know ppl who take that prophylactically just so they can let lots of ppl jack in thier butt :o :eek:

Christina.
03-15-2020, 03:05 PM
It will a tad bit but it'll drop again soon as the "cough" "cough" is over.

cd288
03-16-2020, 12:47 AM
curious on what racist men of odus think

their furor thinks it is no big deal, just the flu, go to work and shake hands

who are we kidding they are basement shut ins

This is a really idiotic and low effort comment

Ceion
03-16-2020, 06:15 AM

Looking at this chart, why is the majority of Viruses from Asia? lol

Hoppkins_Wytchfinder
03-16-2020, 06:42 AM
Probably because most a lot of viri come from bats etc who are more native to Asia/Africas.

Lots of animals tradtionally kept in close proximity to other animals who are butchered in markets with not so great hygene. Animal blood etc going directly into drains.

Not such a mystery really. If you have a population of more than 1 billion its always going to be the case of you will be encroaching on animals territorys and possibly eating more err "unique" diets which can cause a virus crossover to humans.

Sacer
03-17-2020, 02:46 AM

We're only at the begining of the pandemic, look at the spanish flu deathrate spike :

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9a/1918_spanish_flu_waves.gif

kaizersoze
03-17-2020, 06:16 PM
Praise be to the boomer doomer virus

conoutoftrol
03-18-2020, 12:16 AM
None of u guys are going to get it you have been practicing social distancing for 21 years and counting

Jibartik
03-18-2020, 12:49 AM
We're only at the begining of the pandemic, look at the spanish flu deathrate spike :

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9a/1918_spanish_flu_waves.gif

Hmm at the end of that virus they had the roaring 20's... I hope the same goes for us and that this one doesn't trigger a depression :(

jmart1983
03-18-2020, 09:10 AM
Hmm at the end of that virus they had the roaring 20's... I hope the same goes for us and that this one doesn't trigger a depression :(

The problem with that is that we only had the roaring 20s because the government dumped piles of money in to the economy, artificially inflating consumer and investor confidence (sound familiar?). Once the market corrected itself we had this called the Great Depression in 1929.

alternn
03-18-2020, 12:55 PM
WTS
Spell: Cure Disease - 100p
Muffins - 10p/ea
Water Flask - 10p/ea (supply limited)
Bandages - 50p/ea (temporarily out of stock)

Already bought out the stock in every major location - don't even bother looking

kjs86z
03-18-2020, 01:16 PM
None of u guys are going to get it you have been practicing social distancing for 21 years and counting

legit laughed out loud

Sethius Marlowe
03-18-2020, 01:25 PM
yeah that was funny

DisbeAsos
03-19-2020, 12:31 AM
Will we get some damn Earthquakes?!?

Frug
03-19-2020, 02:58 PM
1) Will peak population go up as weeks advance?

Blue has been trending up for the past week; green is getting there.

Anything above the zero line here (eg: in the green) is a positive slope trendline of that day vs the previous 30.

https://i.imgur.com/557ajSt.png

sentinel
03-19-2020, 06:53 PM
This is a really idiotic and low effort comment

your comment is just a democRAT hoax

Swish
03-19-2020, 09:24 PM
Blue has been trending up for the past week; green is getting there.

Anything above the zero line here (eg: in the green) is a positive slope trendline of that day vs the previous 30.

https://i.imgur.com/557ajSt.png

The title of the table is a little misleading...

kjs86z
03-20-2020, 12:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJvdhALGV_8&feature=youtu.be

Baler
03-20-2020, 02:48 PM
Which P99 group will have more people pass...
Covid or Manastone

Nirgon
03-20-2020, 03:02 PM
Which P99 group will have more people pass...
Covid or Manastone

Tie for 0