PDA

View Full Version : Most Loved Class in Classic.

magnetaress
03-12-2020, 02:11 PM
IMO it is the necromancer. A lot of really cool dungeons and camps seem to be undead friendly, and also this character has a big kit of awesome tools to do just about anything without farming any special items. A naked necro can literally camp almost anything @ level. Kind of regardless of how stats seem to be spent. AC and HP gear make us really powerful. We don't even need lizard regen with our leach line of lifetaps as there are all kinds of mobs scattered about we can devour for heals.

indiscriminate_hater
03-12-2020, 02:32 PM
sorry, shaman and enchanter beat you hands down

Guesty07
03-12-2020, 02:35 PM
Most loved for me? Obviously cleric is a big one, they keep you alive with healing magic. But the one that sticks out to me since playing p99 for a couple months now, is Bard. Every time a bard joins my group I'm totally smitten. They do some much to help and make a group more efficient.

magnetaress
03-12-2020, 04:39 PM
You too actually bring up really good points. My line of thinking was what classes were most loved by the devs.

I can definitely see players loving Enchanters, shamans, and bards, a lot.

I love clerics too personally :D

I also love a good warrior, pal, SK, mage, necro, as I have played a cleric, and druid a lot, and those guys are awesome to duo with.

As far as the players I like playing with the most? I would have to say, uhmm Necromancers are still awesome duo partners, also I play with myself a lot, because there aren't too many people to play with in zone at low levels on red. So I do love the necromancer class quite a bit. I am very grateful it's an in game option and I like the freedom it gives. Not so fond of the lore. There are other characters that can, like worship Erollisi Marr, like a mage I would probably want to play that more if it was a bit easier to do stuff alone towards the end game.

magnetaress
03-12-2020, 04:40 PM
*two

I guess autocorrect + dimensia makes for really interesting typos.

Wallicker
03-12-2020, 04:48 PM
Devs loved enchanters if not they would’ve been nerfed

magnetaress
03-12-2020, 05:11 PM
Devs loved enchanters if not they would’ve been nerfed

I am glad they weren't I don't mind that they are a bit OP with charm and mez and memblur.

magnetaress
03-12-2020, 05:13 PM
I am glad they weren't I don't mind that they are a bit OP with charm and mez and memblur.

^ because that is a cool strategy and just adds something, I wish every class had a combo like that, but I also like that some classes are just more difficult then 3 spells to play well. I mean this game isn't about spells or abilities, because there is a lot more going on then that. Kiting and picking the right mobs, solo pulling, etc can be accomplished different ways, or with a combination of strategies and working together with other players is better than being one single powerful character usually.

Ennewi
03-12-2020, 07:24 PM
Bards, if they only ever grouped / never kited for solo xp.

magnetaress
03-12-2020, 08:43 PM
Bards, if they only ever grouped / never kited for solo xp.

I always love a very knowledgable puller. Dungeon guide. 3 out of 4 bards usually manage this pretty well.

mycoolrausch
03-12-2020, 08:46 PM
Project 1999 - Classic Everquest - meaning Vanilla, Kunark, and Velious.

Greenies trying to appropriate the word classic to mean vanilla.

But in the end

https://www.project1999.com/forums/images/p99_logo_forum_2.png

mycoolrausch
03-12-2020, 08:47 PM
And the answer is Not Wizard.

Tethler
03-13-2020, 05:26 AM
The class I'm most happy to see join a group? Bard

The class that irritates me most when played lazily? Bard

The class I'm leveling up next? Bard

Octopath
03-13-2020, 06:31 AM
While not the most loved, after my first experience playing one, Ranger is pretty high on the list.

Can tank in any classic content (flame lick!), can pull better than any class in outdoor content (majority of classic). Can spot heal, can root and snare CC. Tracking.

Most necessary spells cost hardly any mana. I was in quite a few MM groups where I pulled, tanked, and root cc’d adds.

Kerwin 5.0
03-13-2020, 12:01 PM
cleric/dru

magnetaress
03-13-2020, 12:30 PM
While not the most loved, after my first experience playing one, Ranger is pretty high on the list.

Can tank in any classic content (flame lick!), can pull better than any class in outdoor content (majority of classic). Can spot heal, can root and snare CC. Tracking.

Most necessary spells cost hardly any mana. I was in quite a few MM groups where I pulled, tanked, and root cc’d adds.

+1 knowledgeable ranger pulling in CT or MM is so nice. I had one that would pull 3 mobs at a time to the group and root them in sequence of kill order. Just made my day.

Sethius Marlowe
03-13-2020, 01:31 PM
My first thought was that it was the robot class that really took to the skies. And then man, my next thought was like ... wouldn’t it be great if you could unlock alternate advancement iksar race for the robots. But then that would just be too crazy. Cause like they got scales and metal and wires? What? That can’t be a thing. There’s no way thurgadin would allow it.

magnetaress
03-13-2020, 01:44 PM
Iksar ranger with 4.0 DPM and 5DPS nukes would be the only class I wanted to play if I was allowed.

Sethius Marlowe
03-13-2020, 01:59 PM
Yeah for sure that’d be awesome. Let’s make that happen. It’s classic.

magnetaress
03-13-2020, 03:25 PM
For a friend to duo, ranger, bard, rogue are my go to pals )

less SK and paladin for whatever reason I am too impatient with them

rogues are always fun to have around

Opius
03-13-2020, 03:55 PM
You too actually bring up really good points. My line of thinking was what classes were most loved by the devs.

I can definitely see players loving Enchanters, shamans, and bards, a lot.

I love clerics too personally :D

I also love a good warrior, pal, SK, mage, necro, as I have played a cleric, and druid a lot, and those guys are awesome to duo with.

As far as the players I like playing with the most? I would have to say, uhmm Necromancers are still awesome duo partners, also I play with myself a lot, because there aren't too many people to play with in zone at low levels on red. So I do love the necromancer class quite a bit. I am very grateful it's an in game option and I like the freedom it gives. Not so fond of the lore. There are other characters that can, like worship Erollisi Marr, like a mage I would probably want to play that more if it was a bit easier to do stuff alone towards the end game.

"...also I play with myself a lot..."
I guess that does make it easier to duo. Playing one handed...;)

Wallicker
03-13-2020, 04:33 PM
What’s great is when all these most loved classes are all in a group together, shaman,necro,ench,bard,mage, cleric group yes please

magnetaress
03-13-2020, 04:35 PM
Bard shm. Clr. Rogue x2 was so fun.

ScottBerta
03-13-2020, 11:51 PM
Shaman and SK

Christina.
03-14-2020, 04:01 PM
I can probably play every single class except a bard.

Never tried in all these years cause they seem way too complicated.

magnetaress
03-14-2020, 04:14 PM
Bard requires serious attention span. Because they are always doing stuff. Constantly.

Sethius Marlowe
03-14-2020, 04:38 PM
Bard requires serious attention span. Because they are always doing stuff. Constantly.

well can you constantly respond to my posts like a good bard would do?

I'm very needy!

magnetaress
03-15-2020, 11:05 AM
well can you constantly respond to my posts like a good bard would do?

I'm very needy!

Is this some trifecta of forums personals I have discovered?

magnetaress
03-15-2020, 11:06 AM
*personas stupid phone only autocorrects to Chinese translation matrix

Sethius Marlowe
03-15-2020, 12:03 PM
sure why not. I'm just one persona though only ever the Dev. Just me. Who I am. President of rants and flames. Beholden only to the mutual agreed upon decisions made with King Nirgon.