PDA

View Full Version : Earning gear suggestions - mid teens and into twenties

eqravenprince
03-10-2020, 04:34 PM
Need tips on earning gear rather than buying. Level 13 Ogre SK right now. I've already crafted a complete set of banded and a forged halberd. Will be getting a couple derv rings from dervs in sro and a couple onyx earrings from elite gnolls in blackburrow. Oh and joined guild Auld Lang Syne since that's what exactly what they do. Beyond that, I'm not sure what gear to go after next in the mid teens. Suggestions?

Wallicker
03-10-2020, 04:59 PM
You got Shralok packs yet? Might as well knock out a few of those in Kithicor forest while you can get exp.

Also you should be able to have someone in guild do combine for golden jaded bracelet x2 great for SK might need to be lvl 18 if they still do 6lvl rule

Benanov
03-10-2020, 05:25 PM
You're going to want a magical weapon sooner rather than later. Being that you wish to earn it...you might try the Grobb Cleaver, but not sure how likely it is you could get to Ocean of Tears, and kill a level 20 troll solo.

There's always Combine Weapons. They sell back for a few plat less than you bought them for (being that you're an ugly ogre, it's gonna be 10-15 plat less)

Broor
03-10-2020, 05:27 PM
Head into Najena in a few levels to start picking up large bronze pieces from the ogres! A full set of bronze should be good enough mitigation to last you a long while. As far as a weapon upgrade you're ready to camp the SK in befallen for a bone bladed claymore (with some friends) and almost ready for Highpass Orcs and a Shiny Brass Halbred from Hagnis Shralok. With bronze and a good weapon you'll be good to go-

Wallicker
03-10-2020, 05:54 PM
Save up for a Ruby turn it in to lyunga, you’ll get a decent magic weapon or something you can sell to a guildie for significantly more plat than Ruby cost

Tethler
03-11-2020, 01:19 AM
Grab a Bone Bladed Claymore in Befallen or a Shiny Brass Halberd in Highpass for a magical weapon upgrade.

Swish
03-11-2020, 05:02 AM
Who's ALS's guild closed economy fat cat? Make friends with them <3

Also Shralok packs are definitely a good idea, and I'd highly recommend a Shiny Brass Halberd, it took me through my 20s as a SK on blue... just doing things like soloing bards by fear kiting if I wasn't grouping.

eqravenprince
03-11-2020, 09:41 AM
Does Shralok Pack drop in Kithicor yet? Between last night and this morning, I have had people tell me a combined 14 hours of only the spider spawning. Is there a trick to getting the orc to spawn?

eqravenprince
03-11-2020, 09:43 AM
Who's ALS's guild closed economy fat cat?

Just joined, what does this mean? The people in the guild seem nice.

cd288
03-11-2020, 10:20 AM
Does Shralok Pack drop in Kithicor yet? Between last night and this morning, I have had people tell me a combined 14 hours of only the spider spawning. Is there a trick to getting the orc to spawn?

Not sure on the spawn mechanics, but it's definitely in there

Wallicker
03-11-2020, 10:25 AM

Yes It does, but that spider in the corner is not the only PHer there are several spiders, I would check to make sure the orc isn’t up elsewhere via track, pet track or just looking.

eqravenprince
03-11-2020, 10:48 AM
Yes It does, but that spider in the corner is not the only PHer there are several spiders, I would check to make sure the orc isn’t up elsewhere via track, pet track or just looking.

Never tried pet track. Would the command be something like /pet attack "Recfek Shralok"

Wallicker
03-11-2020, 10:57 AM
/pet attack rec would work

eqravenprince
03-12-2020, 11:11 AM
/pet attack rec does indeed work. Thanks for that tip.

Shralok Pack is perma camped though. The good news is Kith is actually a nice zone to hunt in at 13. I'm hunting blues almost non stop just southwest of highpass. Maybe I'll get a Recfek to spawn in a different place than the wiki says like people suggested.

eqravenprince
03-13-2020, 10:14 AM
I hunted spiders in the southwest until I got a chance to camp the known static spawn. Recfek never spawned from roaming spiders, although I'm told he could. But finally got my chance to camp him in his known spot. 8 spiders and 3 Recfek's, so I did well.

Relbaic
03-13-2020, 10:36 AM
/pet attack rec does indeed work. Thanks for that tip.

Shralok Pack is perma camped though. The good news is Kith is actually a nice zone to hunt in at 13. I'm hunting blues almost non stop just southwest of highpass. Maybe I'll get a Recfek to spawn in a different place than the wiki says like people suggested.

It also drops in Highpass Hold, albeit higher level.