PDA

View Full Version : If you could, would you rather...

Annona
03-10-2020, 11:54 AM
1) Play on a new server like green with a community who lost all knowledge of the game, another words a true restart of classic as all players had in March of 99. No websites, no inside information. A true fresh restart with all in ignorance with no option but to learn it all over again.

2) Play on Green how it started here with all the foreknowledge.

Cen
03-10-2020, 11:57 AM
Your question poses a lot of unknowable problems :p

One actually possible non time travel or memory wiping option for creatintg a true classic experience is to only allow those who never played the game in classic in the first place to play.. but that would requre honor system of former players :p

Annona
03-10-2020, 12:03 PM
I didn't say it was logical...I said if you could. ;)

eqravenprince
03-10-2020, 12:08 PM
1) Play on a new server like green with a community who lost all knowledge of the game, another words a true restart of classic as all players had in March of 99. No websites, no inside information. A true fresh restart with all in ignorance with no option but to learn it all over again.

2) Play on Green how it started here with all the foreknowledge.

3, I want to play on a server where the community lost all knowledge except for me!

Cen
03-10-2020, 12:09 PM
Personally, I dont want to forget any information I have ever obtained in my life. This includes having watched Breaking Bad so that I could rewatch it.

magnetaress
03-10-2020, 12:14 PM
I would 2020 to contain my forknowledge. Once was enough without knowing. Though I did appreciate the 1st time around. I can remember those experiences with a lot of grattitude.

One day, hopefully, I can create new experiences for other people to enjoy as well.

If I was time traveling, I kinda want to forget some stuff, but not everything, but that is kind of cheaty.

Frug
03-10-2020, 04:17 PM
...another words a true restart

https://www.reddit.com/r/BoneAppleTea/

Broor
03-10-2020, 05:30 PM
I dragged a friend along with me on Green launch who had never played EQ before, never played an MMO before (but loved Diablo 2, DND etc), and seeing the world through his noob eyes and showing him all my favorite spots has been amazing. Then exploring zones that are new to both of us is even better. My advice would be to start up with a total noob and level together to re-experience all the pain and glory of classic

Swish
03-10-2020, 09:23 PM
1 - except the websites soon appeared to go with quest finding and acquisition of further knowledge :p

Tethler
03-11-2020, 01:25 AM
another words

:confused:

Phaezed-Reality
03-11-2020, 01:43 AM
to be fair 90% of the people on this server seem to be new. or they have all the knowledge available, and still are not good.

Swish
03-11-2020, 05:03 AM
to be fair 90% of the people on this server seem to be new. or they have all the knowledge available, and still are not good.

It's an Antonica thing.

Jibartik
03-11-2020, 05:32 PM
If I get Alzheimer's, as long as you put me in front of a computer with Everquest on it, I will be OK forever.