PDA

View Full Version : Camp Ownership when people leave to sell

CptnCanuck
03-08-2020, 01:38 PM
I was just wondering what the rules are in terms of camp ownership when people leave it to go sell? I am assuming if they leave the zone the camp is free to anyone but what if they leave the camp and sell in the zone?

For example, I log into the game at sisters camp in lfaydark. No one is there and their is one dead mob that is lootable. I wait a minute a mob pops, no one is there, wait a couple seconds more and no one and then pull the mob. Kiting the mob for a minute or so and another mob appears and grab that too. After about another minute or so someone shows up and sends me a tell saying I should have done a camp check.

So I am just wondering does someone who has a camp and leaves "to sell" but within the zone do they no longer have the right to the camp if someone shows up? and if they still have a right to the camp how much time should pass with them not being at the camp before they lose the right to it?

magnetaress
03-08-2020, 01:41 PM
You should be able to sell list spots and camp ownership for plat.

DMN
03-08-2020, 01:53 PM
You are only required to stay at your camp if you have been made aware that someone else wants the camp, and that person must also stay by the camp or they lose their right to contest for it.

However it does sound a little like he may have taken too long to return to camp. An outdoor spawn like that if stuff stays up multiple minutes most people would consider that an abandoned/lost camp. And from your story it sounds like one of those mobs would have been up for at least 2 minutes. The decision is up to you if you want to potentially engender bad feelings or not, or the eventual Gm petitioning process that may result.

Also CCs mean jack shit.

Tilien
03-08-2020, 01:53 PM
The camp holder has a "reasonable time" to kill after camp repops. If you know the camp was cleared (like you said you saw bodies on the ground, so you know someone was there), good manners would probably be ~5 minutes after pop.

magnetaress
03-08-2020, 01:56 PM
On red99 you can politely just kill them and take the camp while generously offering a LNS.

Wallicker
03-08-2020, 02:04 PM
In Oot there is not one but two merchants to sell to within a 30 second run when on sister island.

Doktoor
03-08-2020, 02:06 PM
People use the rules to be a dick. If someone is camping something, using a technicality to take it from them is like a lawyer getting someone off of murder because of a procedural error. It’s great for the murderer and overall bad for the community.

If someone is camping something, just go do something else and don’t be a dick.

We all sell. We all poop irl.

magnetaress
03-08-2020, 02:30 PM
In Oot there is not one but two merchants to sell to within a 30 second run when on sister island.

What if I am evil, I had a problem with being a necro I had to port to brother isle. The merchant near sister had a KOS ranger who would eat me alive. Or am I just silly and bad at this game and don't know how to sell there?

CptnCanuck
03-08-2020, 06:00 PM
Thanks for all the replies.

Not a fan of relying on CC's as I have seen that abused so many times where people claim they have a camp and don't or depending on the zone have a group try to claim multiple camps.

Not looking to abuse rules to be a dick or get people upset, just wanted to know the rule/etiquette for that situation so I know going forward if I come to a camp or I have a camp and need to sell. Glad to know people give a 5 min grace on a camp to go sell. I always assumed once I left a camp, even to go sell, it was free to grab. So I always would push how overweight I could safely be before leaving to sell.

Wallicker
03-08-2020, 06:03 PM
If you leave to sell and don’t come back before repops you 100% run the risk of losing your camp within the rules...

PabloEdvardo
03-08-2020, 06:11 PM
If you leave the zone you lose your camp, period. You can't leave zone and hold a camp because you were "just there". You must maintain a presence at the camp. It's always been that way.

Whether people choose to "be nice" is up to them. Way too easy to abuse, imo.

CptnCanuck
03-08-2020, 06:11 PM
If you leave to sell and don’t come back before repops you 100% run the risk of losing your camp within the rules...

So if it is a camp of 4 mobs. Is it until all 4 have respawned again? or if 1 of the 4 respawns?

PabloEdvardo
03-08-2020, 06:14 PM
So if it is a camp of 4 mobs. Is it until all 4 have respawned again? or if 1 of the 4 respawns?

None of the above. Either be at the camp, clearing the PHs within a reasonable time, or you lose your camp.

Doesn't matter if you just cleared every single spawn and then left. Someone else can walk in and take the camp. YOU MUST MAINTAIN A PRESENCE AT THE CAMP

Evia
03-08-2020, 06:27 PM
None of the above. Either be at the camp, clearing the PHs within a reasonable time, or you lose your camp.

Doesn't matter if you just cleared every single spawn and then left. Someone else can walk in and take the camp. YOU MUST MAINTAIN A PRESENCE AT THE CAMP

Tilien
03-08-2020, 06:28 PM

This is false. If you're clearing multiple camps, you are given priority on which camp you want if you're contested. In general if you're actively clearing PHers and *in zone* you have the camp. Someone might try to steal it, but rules for the server say it's still yours as long as PHers die within reasonable time. You only need to maintain a presence when the camp is contested (ie, after someone else says they're taking it)

Bigsham
03-08-2020, 08:05 PM
if theres no one there the camp is yours, if someone leaves they forfeit the camp

Tilien
03-08-2020, 08:28 PM
if theres no one there the camp is yours, if someone leaves they forfeit the camp

If you are holding multiple camps you are given priority in which camp you want to pick.

Therefore, you don't forfeit camp by leaving, if you did the person coming into the empty camp would have priority.

Doktoor
03-08-2020, 09:08 PM
If you are holding multiple camps you are given priority in which camp you want to pick.

Therefore, you don't forfeit camp by leaving, if you did the person coming into the empty camp would have priority.

This is correct. It’s pretty straightforward in the rules. You don’t have to be in the camp if you keep the mobs down.

Now, people will definitely try to move in on you and it’s their right to contest the camp if you’re not in it, but you don’t have to stay in it unless it’s contested.

Tethler
03-09-2020, 12:53 AM

This is only true if someone has communicated their intention to contest the camp.