PDA

View Full Version : Which classes can solo AM / Frenzy?

Jean-Baptiste Cutting
03-06-2020, 01:06 PM
I saw a cleric the other night prepping to try and take Frenzy camp in Guk, I didn’t know clerics could handle the camp. I assumed it was the sole property enchanters like King and Lord. It got me wondering, what classes can handle AM / Frenzy alone?

Shamans too maybe?

I assume some classes can hold these camps broken, but not break them themselves?

magnetaress
03-06-2020, 01:10 PM
Shamans, druids, and necros, but need gear, necros with less gear. Enchanters need gear to solo it. It isn't easy. Necros can solo those basically naked without having to gate in and out and root/camp mobs.

Druids are pretty awesome down there once they get 60 kunark mid lvl not BIS.

I think on a non-classic server, I rooted all the mobs @ lord and nuked lord dead on wizard, looted and gated once.

I would say mages with a pal can duo the camps real well @ 50. Need to learn2chaincast pets. The big problem with mages is not having an easy way to split, break, and camp out the mobs.

I doubt a cleric can solo frenzy with manastone even before 60. Even then it's a roll of the dice on resists and mana/hp etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few making the attempt though. Maybe if the camp was already broken.

Erati
03-06-2020, 01:14 PM
Mages can solo AM with 49 earth pet and some balls but its a nail biter and sketchy

I imagine a Mage can solo the Frenzy as well but would require lots of root nets to split the camp.

Ivory
03-06-2020, 01:31 PM
Gnome wizard I bet~!

How? Well, let me shake it down for you!!

Start off with a snare! BAM BOOM.

Then gate (having yourself bound at the entrance!!) ....wait a few seconds, then zone out. Then zone right back in.

Now the one you snared is stuck! Can't walk back! So is split up from the others, and if you timed it right, RIGHT where you want!

Then invis back up and run down there fast!

Then kill it.

Then do it some more and they are all split up and you can camp it up!

Some wart potions in case needing to heal. But overall seems like a wizard could do it? (and druid too probably with same method for splitting them up).

Jean-Baptiste Cutting
03-06-2020, 01:33 PM
Gnome wizard I bet~!

Then gate (having yourself bound at the entrance!!) ....wait a few seconds, then zone out. Then zone right back in.

Now the one you snared is stuck! Can't walk back! So is split up from the others, and if you timed it right, RIGHT where you want!

Then kill it.

Some wart potions in case needing to heal. But overall seems like a wizard could do it? (and druid too probably with same method for splitting them up).

Why are you so awesome lol.

Erati
03-06-2020, 01:40 PM
Gnome wizard I bet~!

Then kill it.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ivory
03-06-2020, 01:50 PM
Why are you so awesome lol.

Gnomes got best plans :D

gnomishfirework
03-06-2020, 02:12 PM
The clerics I have seen soloing it were using manastones. I don't know if you need it, but they were using them.

Bigsham
03-06-2020, 02:14 PM
A cleric cannot solo either until 60 as they wont have the mana pool, i had a clr, with a manastone and tried.

55 Ward undead nuke is great, but AM has sooo much hp

A necro cannot kill either unless he is charming, a wizard will not have the mana pool until 60 to do it either and although conflag is powerful both mobs have ALOT of hp

Lordgordon
03-06-2020, 02:37 PM
Assuming some special forces commando is waiting around the corner, I dont think ivorys option is viable here.

DisbeAsos
03-06-2020, 03:00 PM
I took camp over broken up as a 49 Gnome Wiz. I got AM to 15-20 % twice before I gave it to the next in line. Now at 50 and 6 or 7 nice gear upgrades I plan on going back soon and I am confident I will take him down.

Ivory
03-06-2020, 03:07 PM
A wizard with 200 int (without mana items) has 2100 mana

Level 50 they got Rend.... 280 mana, for 748 damage. BUT with specialization at 200, you get 11% reduction in mana. Which makes it actually just 249 mana!

So they can cast it 8.4 times (8 times).....for total of 5984 damage.

Frenzied ghoul gots 6350 HPs (for the record, bloodthirsties have 5300 hps, much more manageable).

.... so it's pretty close!! You gonna need to get about 150 more mana from items to be able to cast it one more time (that isn't undoable!). But there will be some loss with resists I bet....so having a little more (medding, taking a little longer) will be smarter.

Add on top to that getting clarity....or having some wands in case you fall a little short (this is just for the frenzie, the other ghouls have less HPs....so having a bag of wands to finish it off with another 800 damageish per wand is very doable).

AND if you really want to be clever, bring some throwing knives. May not seem like much....but hitting it for another 10-15 damage now and then can be enough to safely mana-free take it down some. Another couple hundred mana free damage? I'll take it!

BUT! It would be close. Needing to have enough for roots also. So I'd slow roll it....root and nuke...and use some knives while medding (again, this is just for frenzie).

So coulddd you camp it? Ya, but you gotta be a top notch wizard....not some random person that just grinded up to 50.

But...also....won't it run at 15% life? So if you can get it down to that, you win. Snare it and med and finish it off. That last 15% life is 950 hps....so that makes things a lot easier.

Anddd I forgot about harvest! That's another 300 mana right there.... just a bit risky to use mid fight.

gnomishfirework
03-06-2020, 03:13 PM
A cleric cannot solo either until 60 as they wont have the mana pool, i had a clr, with a manastone and tried.

55 Ward undead nuke is great, but AM has sooo much hp

A necro cannot kill either unless he is charming, a wizard will not have the mana pool until 60 to do it either and although conflag is powerful both mobs have ALOT of hp

Early on green there was a cleric holding frenzied down every morning for a good bit, always solo that I saw.

Gremmy
03-06-2020, 03:14 PM
Necro's and Enchanters are the only two classes that can break and hold it reliably.

Once broken, there are a plethora of classes that can maintain those camps

DMN
03-06-2020, 03:27 PM
Frenzy can be solo'd by mage, though if it needs broken it could be incredibly tricky( and potentially impossible if you have a rough initial spawn) Shaman would be really dicey but possible if someone else has already broken it or it has a very weak spawn to break. Same story with druid though even dicier and going to need a lot of wis/mana gear. Cleric can solo it but you are going to need to pull off a couple incredibly risky manastone--> complete heals and you will be praying a lot that your roots hold decently when nuking an certainly when complete healing.

AM can be solo'd by mage, but again breaking the spawn could be incredibly tricky. i don't think any of the other classes have a realistic shot at it frankly without some absurd clicky abuse.

I didn't mention at all of course enc/necro, who can do anything dead side.

DMN
03-06-2020, 04:01 PM

Level 50 they got Rend.... 280 mana, for 748 damage. BUT with specialization at 200, you get 11% reduction in mana. Which makes it actually just 249 mana!

Frenzied ghoul gots 6350 HPs (for the record, bloodthirsties have 5300 hps, much more manageable).

.... so it's pretty close!! You gonna need to get about 150 more mana from items to be able to cast it one more time (that isn't undoable!). But there will be some loss with resists I bet....so having a little more (medding, taking a little longer) will be smarter.

Add on top to that getting clarity....or having some wands in case you fall a little short (this is just for the frenzie, the other ghouls have less HPs....so having a bag of wands to finish it off with another 800 damageish per wand is very doable).

AND if you really want to be clever, bring some throwing knives. May not seem like much....but hitting it for another 10-15 damage now and then can be enough to safely mana-free take it down some. Another couple hundred mana free damage? I'll take it!

BUT! It would be close. Needing to have enough for roots also. So I'd slow roll it....root and nuke...and use some knives while medding (again, this is just for frenzie).

So coulddd you camp it? Ya, but you gotta be a top notch wizard....not some random person that just grinded up to 50.

But...also....won't it run at 15% life? So if you can get it down to that, you win. Snare it and med and finish it off. That last 15% life is 950 hps....so that makes things a lot easier.

Anddd I forgot about harvest! That's another 300 mana right there.... just a bit risky to use mid fight.

Specializations don't work currently. And harvest won't exist for a long time. It's one thing to look a the math of pure nuke damage but that doesn't at all address the need for the wizard to keep the frenzy rooted. At 50, root will be outright resisted abut 20% of the time on frenzy and you will often get short roots on them, regardless if its nuked or not.

BlackBellamy
03-06-2020, 04:02 PM
Someone mentioned a druid, walk me through the frenzy room on that one.

magnetaress
03-06-2020, 04:03 PM

Root, root, root, dot, log, root dot log. To break. Probably hard at 50. Very do-able at 60. Same thing for shamans basically.

Balimon
03-06-2020, 04:11 PM
Mages absolutely can break in and hold the AM camp. I've done it with mediocre gear and root nets. Honestly breaking AM is only hard for mage if AM is up, otherwise easy peasy. The 49 earth pet is pretty dope.

As for Frenzy, while I'm sure it can be broken by mages, it's difficult and unreliable in my opinion and likely would require a gate out and back after killing one. Root nets will definitely win the day though if you have enough. From personal experience I stay away from Frenzy solo as it's too dicey and I hate using all my nets up at once like that.

damus1
03-06-2020, 04:18 PM
frenzy is very easy for a mage to hold once its broken up, frenzied ghoul is an easier kill than AM, with pet frequently ending up with about 50% health. I've broken the camp w/o nets by gating between burning down a mob, but with how crowded guk is now that seems like a good way to get your camp ganked these days. With a few nets it'd be fairly trivial on anything but an unnaturally difficult set of initial spawns

Wallicker
03-06-2020, 07:21 PM
Bard can solo frenzy as well. Break is tough tough though

Gustoo
03-06-2020, 08:48 PM
I doubt a cleric can solo frenzy with manastone even before 60. Even then it's a roll of the dice on resists and mana/hp etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few making the attempt though. Maybe if the camp was already broken.

It takes some trouble to break the camp but its doable. Arch Magus wasn't doable with my gear at level 50, with a manabone.

DisbeAsos
03-07-2020, 01:53 PM
Wiz having Diamondskin and Manastone gives me that extra mana needed to finish it off as long as I don't get too many root breaks or resists and get pounded on some. Ill be attempting this again soon since ive got a few gear upgrades!

Fawqueue
03-07-2020, 02:38 PM
Wiz having Diamondskin and Manastone gives me that extra mana needed to finish it off as long as I don't get too many root breaks or resists and get pounded on some. Ill be attempting this again soon since ive got a few gear upgrades!

Wizard can definitely pull off AM but requires 200+ Int, something to reset cooldown, good luck on root breaks, peridots for skin, and ideally wort pots for those times you need to heal not to die. It might be more than an Enchanter or Necro need, but feels way cooler.

Vizax_Xaziv
03-07-2020, 03:39 PM
Wizard can definitely pull off AM but requires 200+ Int, something to reset cooldown, good luck on root breaks, peridots for skin, and ideally wort pots for those times you need to heal not to die. It might be more than an Enchanter or Necro need, but feels way cooler.
I'd add that you (probably) need good luck on resists as well. A couple resists and you'll be forced to evac.

DisbeAsos
03-07-2020, 04:09 PM
I forgot to mention ill be taking some wort pots next time too, didn't have those my first attempt. Ill report back in the next week or so when I get a chance to try again!

Bigsham
03-07-2020, 04:49 PM

You dont use rend you use conflag

drdrakes
03-07-2020, 04:57 PM

Druids cannot do enough DPS to solo this room at lvl 50 with a manastone. Even getting the mobs solo you will not kill them reliably.

enjchanter
03-07-2020, 05:09 PM
the answer is necro and enchanter dont @ me

Danger
03-08-2020, 04:41 AM
Bard can solo frenzy as well. Break is tough tough though

explain pls

derpcake2
03-08-2020, 09:37 AM
explain pls

bard can solo every mob in classic that can be mezzed

do tiny bit of dps -> outregen mob while keeping it mezzed -> repeat

Wallicker
03-08-2020, 11:01 AM

Do this and respawns will be on you before kill the PHers and the pather. You can snare aggro kite and walk the mobs in circles once broken, your drum dots do 141dmg per tic, you won’t get hit this way. Most bards severely overestimate how much room is needed to do this. So the 3 PHers or frenzied is roughly 19050hp. The single pather is a lower lvl wizard with less than 3k hp, it’s quite easy to handle. At 141 dmg per tic(lvl 50 bard with MM drum) you can push out roughly 39,000hp in the 28minutes it takes for respawns, this excess gives you time to separate spawns, take pee breaks, accounts for the first 6 seconds of each fight all 3 dots aren’t up, also accounts for a few resists(you always want fufils/snare up if either resist sing again instead of one of the other dots). This also gives the more active player enough time to kill the cubby mob and two additional pathers in the room before frenzy if they want to. Breaking the room is the bards single hardest challenge but using lull and some creativity/skill it’s manageable as long as you don’t get a crit lull resist with all 3 up. Hope this helps some newer bards out there. Next time I do the camp I’ll make a video. Rule of thumb if you can land fufils, it is below lvl 45 and doesn’t cast or summon, a bard can easily kill it in a dungeon. Outdoor zone if it doesn’t cast or summon, mob is your bitch(think allizewsaur).

PS. this strategy can be used to easily solo nobles or bards/isa/boshinko in highkeep and you won’t even have to leave the room for stellar exp 46+.

Izmael
03-08-2020, 11:29 AM
I've never done anything but swarming on bard so I'm clueless. But can't you just charm a BT guard, suicide it on the two others, charm second BT guard, suicide, then have a single mob?

Snare and if charm breaks kite them around the center of the room?

Fawqueue
03-08-2020, 11:33 AM

Mostly true. The only other factor is time and respawns. If you have a single target and nothing is going to interfere, you'll never lose. If you are up against the clock and respawns will overwhelm you, it's trickier.

Wallicker
03-08-2020, 11:47 AM
I've never done anything but swarming on bard so I'm clueless. But can't you just charm a BT guard, suicide it on the two others, charm second BT guard, suicide, then have a single mob?

Snare and if charm breaks kite them around the center of the room?

Currently cannot charm a mob over level 37, once we get our new charm breaking and holding the camp becomes trivial.

DMN
03-08-2020, 12:47 PM
How is a bard going to deal with kor wizards? The hall pather and all the frenzy spots can pop kors. The self buff MR it's not uncommon for them to straight up resist mez/root/charm even tashed.

Wallicker
03-08-2020, 12:49 PM
Sorry you can’t kill a kor.

DMN
03-08-2020, 01:18 PM
Sorry you can’t kill a kor.

I get about 20% resist on kors with tash going. A bard is looking at 30% resists on fear, snare, mez.

Do explain how you deal with kor(S) -- that's plural, without RNGesus giving you a dirty sanchez before you curse out your first moonstone ring?

Edit: they also have a very fast casting stun. And a solo bard isn't going to have much in the way for magic resist. Their stuns land on me a bit less than half the time but i have something like 123 mr. I imagine they wlll be landing at least 75% of the time on a bard.

Wallicker
03-08-2020, 01:24 PM
Well kor pops are engaged before they self buff, and yes if I go down to the camp and it’s fully spawned with Kor wizards(highly unlikely), I would walk away.

magnetaress
03-08-2020, 01:33 PM
If I wanted to farm classic dungeon loot I would roll a necro or enchanter. Not a bard, druid, mage, or shaman.

Unless I wanted to play with friends. I don't have either.

Then I would roll a cleric or druid.

So I am a necromancer with 85 charisma in Befallen on red99. And it is working out great, just dinged 17 :D No need for twinking.

DMN
03-08-2020, 01:38 PM
Well kor pops are engaged before they self buff, and yes if I go down to the camp and it’s fully spawned with Kor wizards(highly unlikely), I would walk away.

I don't see how you can consistently kill them even if there aren't multiple up at the same time. Even if you do get them before they buff their MR, it's still gonna be a 20% o so resist rate. And you are sometimes going to be rooted via the spell or ghoul root.

This whole adventure seems like an exercise in wishful thinking.

magnetaress
03-08-2020, 01:40 PM
I don't see how you can consistently kill them even if there aren't multiple up at the same time. Even if you do get them before they buff their MR, it's still gonna be a 20% o so resist rate. And you are sometimes going to be rooted via the spell or ghoul root.

This whole adventure seems like an exercise in wishful thinking.

Everyone is remembering how to do this stuff with kunark BIS at 60.

DMN
03-08-2020, 03:45 PM

I highly doubt it at level 50. Now, you could always claim that you get super lucky with the RNG and AM just spammed dispel on you or you simply resist all the spells. But that is just dumb. Might as well say a warrior can solo it too and the AM will miss all his attacks/spells.

You might be able to get AM reasonably low on life if you get a little lucky on roots and popping in and out from LOS to land a stun-> nuke, repeat when stun recharges. But I'm guessing you are gonna run out of mana like that unless you got super lucky with stuns landing/roots holding. Even then you might not have enough mana for it with 200 int, since you will still get a decent few full and partial resists on nukes.

Bigsham
03-08-2020, 08:06 PM
No one is doing this at 50 period

DisbeAsos
03-10-2020, 11:12 AM
Lol, you guys are too funny. I know several people doing this at 50, Nec, Mag, Ench and Shammy do it easily. And ill get a video of me doing it as a Wiz at 50 here soon to and post it for you. My disclaimer remains, I need the camp broken up.

derpcake2
03-10-2020, 11:23 AM
I get about 20% resist on kors with tash going. A bard is looking at 30% resists on fear, snare, mez.

Do explain how you deal with kor(S) -- that's plural, without RNGesus giving you a dirty sanchez before you curse out your first moonstone ring?

Edit: they also have a very fast casting stun. And a solo bard isn't going to have much in the way for magic resist. Their stuns land on me a bit less than half the time but i have something like 123 mr. I imagine they wlll be landing at least 75% of the time on a bard.

Let me help you with some bard basics.

Against a caster mob you'll be casting mez, and recasting it every time its 1 second into the cast, unless the mob starts casting, in which case you finish the mez, which means 2 seconds of free dps and an interrupted spell for the caster.

Using mez / melee on caster mobs is far easier then on melee mobs, because you can interrupt a ton of the spells being cast, and there is no real downside.

Of course on every successful mez you'll be moving towards the mobs back arc, for that extra bit of dps.

Keeping a resistant mob mezzed while healing up is trivial. A succesful mez will let you get off 4 mezzes and a heal song, the chances of a mob resisting 4 mezzes in a row are low, even if that happens you skip the heal song for a 5th try. 5 resists in a row in lguk is extremely unlikely to happen.

Have fun.

derpcake2
03-10-2020, 11:31 AM
I need the camp broken up.

You can use social aggro to split the 3-spawn at frenzy.

You aggro a random mob, and bring it close to one of the outer spawns. The outer spawn will assist the random mob, but since the outer mob itself won't "call for help", the other 2 spawns won't assist.

Ideally you'd get the roamer low, recover while rooting, then do the split and finish the roamer so you can work on the PH.

You'd need clarity and good buffs, but it certainly isn't impossible.

This is also how fungi king gets singled with a full throne, without relying on pacify or FD.

This also works on live to split "linked" mobs, you just peel one of the linked mobs from its group through social aggro, then run it far enough away from the other linked mobs, which causes the mechanic to stop working.

DMN
03-10-2020, 11:43 AM
Let me help you with some bard basics.

Against a caster mob you'll be casting mez, and recasting it every time its 1 second into the cast, unless the mob starts casting, in which case you finish the mez, which means 2 seconds of free dps and an interrupted spell for the caster.

Using mez / melee on caster mobs is far easier then on melee mobs, because you can interrupt a ton of the spells being cast, and there is no real downside.

Of course on every successful mez you'll be moving towards the mobs back arc, for that extra bit of dps.

Keeping a resistant mob mezzed while healing up is trivial. A succesful mez will let you get off 4 mezzes and a heal song, the chances of a mob resisting 4 mezzes in a row are low, even if that happens you skip the heal song for a 5th try. 5 resists in a row in lguk is extremely unlikely to happen.

Have fun.

keeping something mez'd and healing up is a nice way to waste a lot of time but it's not an effective strat for KILLING the kor. I might also add that this stalling strategy could also end up being quite a bad idea because of how slow aggro ticks often are. If you've damaged the kor any amount you will occasionally be healing the kor back for 6% of its total life because it will get memory wiped within a second of a tick as you will be spamming mez. Functionally the kor is going o be outhealing the bard.

And unlike the bard, the kor can get off a stun before a mez could land. in the span of that stun and by the time yo have the chance to land anything on the kor you could have easily eaten over 1k damage.

derpcake2
03-10-2020, 11:52 AM
keeping something mez'd and healing up is a nice way to waste a lot of time but it's not an effective strat for KILLING the kor. I might also add that this stalling strategy could also end up being quite a bad idea because of how slow aggro ticks often are. If you've damaged the kor any amount you will occasionally be healing the kor back for 6% of its total life because it will get memory wiped within a second of a tick as you will be spamming mez. Functionally the kor is going o be outhealing the bard.

And unlike the bard, the kor can get off a stun before a mez could land. in the span of that stun and by the time yo have the chance to land anything on the kor you could have easily eaten over 1k damage.

You've obviously never done this.

The Kor won't be healing, since even if you memblur it, and the next song in your cycle is healing song, you can land your next mez in 6 seconds (slightly less actually, since you can stop casting a song when the bar is 95%ish, depending on latency, for me its more).

This gives scenario:
3rd second: mez lands and memblurs
6th second: heal song finishes
9th second: mez lands and stops the memblur

This is the worst scenario, since once you want to heal you'll be twisting heal, followed by 4 casts of mez.

And no, the Kors won't be getting off stuns. Feel free to link the disruptive wizard spell they can cast with a 2 second or lower cast time.

derpcake2
03-10-2020, 12:03 PM

The kor functionally outhealing the bard simply isn't correct.

Hymn with a lute of the gypsy princes gives 23.1 hp / tick regen, or 138 hp / minute. Guesstimating that comes to about 8% / minute for a 1500 hp bard.

The situation you are describing is never going to happen often enough to make the bard lose the healing contest, not even close.

DMN
03-10-2020, 12:07 PM
You've obviously never done this.

The Kor won't be healing, since even if you memblur it, and the next song in your cycle is healing song, you can land your next mez in 6 seconds (slightly less actually, since you can stop casting a song when the bar is 95%ish, depending on latency, for me its more).

This gives scenario:
3rd second: mez lands and memblurs
6th second: heal song finishes
9th second: mez lands and stops the memblur

This is the worst scenario, since once you want to heal you'll be twisting heal, followed by 4 casts of mez.

And no, the Kors won't be getting off stuns. Feel free to link the disruptive wizard spell they can cast with a 2 second or lower cast time.

i don't think you understand at all what you are talking about at this time. The tick for regening the kor could come shortly after you land the memblur. Once its blurred it now most aggro via body aggro to prevent it from healing which is often time slow, always takes at least 1 second and sometimes up to 3 seconds for body aggro.

And where did you get this bullshit idea you can cast mez at 2 second cast speed instead of 3? Same place where all your other completely incorrect theorycrafting comes from?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Tishan%27s_Clash

And again where have you explained how you are killing this kor?

derpcake2
03-10-2020, 12:13 PM
1)i don't think you understand at all what you are talking about at this time. The tick for regening the kor could come shortly after you land the memblur. Once its blurred it now most aggro via body aggro to prevent it from healing which is often time slow, always takes at least 1 second and sometimes up to 3 seconds for body aggro.

2) And where did you get this bullshit idea you can cast mez at 2 second cast speed instead of 3? Same place where all your other completely incorrect theorycrafting comes from?

3) https://wiki.project1999.com/Tishan%27s_Clash

4) And again where have you explained how you are killing this kor?

1) I understand that, but its not going to happen once a minute. Its going to be very rare. I can't find the numbers on the bard mez mem blur chance, but its low.

2) This is while fighting the mob. You start casting mez, if the mob starts casting, you let the mez finish, if the mob doesn't start casting, you cancel your song when 1 or 1.5 seconds in, so you can start your next mez. This lets you do damage, while preventing most casts through mez landing.

3) that has 0 MR adjust, and does very low damage. A crown of tranix should probably suffice to resist it reliably. An SSB and some other MR stuff makes it trivial.

4) see 2)

Just for you, here is 2bis:

You mez the mob, sing heal song with guitar, switch to drums and sing MR song, switch to weapons and start casting mez,you melee the mob while chain casting mez until heal song drops and mez again (stop attack when mez lands to regen, in case that wasn't clear). MR song with a store drum is still going to give 35*1.8 MR.

I played a bard a lot. Had to, because it took ages to kill some stuff with this method.

DisbeAsos
03-10-2020, 12:15 PM
Im really just talking about AM by the way, I didn't realize this thread was about Frenzy too. I cant speak with abilities to solo Frenzy as im focused on soloing AM at the moment myself and have spent some time there.

DMN
03-10-2020, 12:31 PM
Does bard even have a mem wipe on their mez? the wiki says no but that's unreliable. I ca't seem to push in the magic words in lucy to get bard songs to pop up, either. I recall in classic EQ that every mez ability had memory wipe.

In an event it doesn't really matter. You haven't proposed a way to actually kill it. And you can't just pretend tishan's clash cast time of 2.5 seconds is going to be slower than your 3 second cast time on mez.

Bigsham
03-10-2020, 02:05 PM
a bard will never solo either at 50

killing frenzy at 50 when the camp is broken is no accomplishment for a mage or ench because they can just charm burn it

a wizard wont have enough mana

i wont hold my breath waiting for your video

DisbeAsos
03-10-2020, 02:17 PM
I can drop 8 Ice Comets and with Manastone and Rune I can drop a 9th while being at 80% health, but ok all knowing Bigsham….

Ive upped my mana pool by 220ish mana and my AC and HP by a good bit since I tried him solo and got him to 15-20%, im fairly confident my next solo attempt when I can get in on the camp broken up will be successful.

Erati
03-10-2020, 02:25 PM
I can drop 8 Ice Comets and with Manastone and Rune I can drop a 9th while being at 80% health, but ok all knowing Bigsham….

Ive upped my mana pool by 220ish mana and my AC and HP by a good bit since I tried him solo and got him to 15-20%, im fairly confident my next solo attempt when I can get in on the camp broken up will be successful.

Wizard can snipe an AM thats sitting there but soloing /holding this down plus farming the AM for multiple kills to get a robe is NOT in the cards for a lvl 50 classic wizard.

Maybe if druids came by to buff / regen each cycle it could be done but thats not solo farming...:confused:

DisbeAsos
03-10-2020, 02:29 PM
Yea my scenario is self buffed only with no potions, with raid buffs I could likely break the camp and hold it myself. I always like to do things on the edge of what I shouldn't be able to. I am trying to get a 10 dose wort pot for my next attempt but likely wont have it as im broke currently...

DMN
Im really just talking about AM by the way, I didn't realize this thread was about Frenzy too. I cant speak with abilities to solo Frenzy as im focused on soloing AM at the moment myself and have spent some time there.

Not sure how you think you are going to solo either as a wizard at 50. They both have over 6khp. Every root break you are going to eat at leasy one maybe even 2 round of combat. There is always the chance you get a break just as you start nuking too, basically stunning yourself for the cast time. And then you have to worry about getting ghoul rooted every time they get some melee hits in.

moreover, even if you somehow managed to get 200 int + 300 mana on your gear, that's 6 ice comets. Even if we ignore the substantial cost of roots over this fight, about 10-15% of those nukes will be completely resisted, another 15%-20% or so will be partially resisted. You will generally only be doing about 80% of your theoretical damage. It's going to leave you 1000 hit points shy. And we haven't even considered the AM just nuking/stunning/rooting the shit out of you.

I'm reminded of mike tyson's famous quote "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth”".

DisbeAsos
And holding it down once broken is not a problem, I did that easily before my last upgrades, plenty of time to med between spawns...

Erati
03-10-2020, 02:32 PM
Not sure how you think you are going to solo either as a wizard at 50. They both have over 6khp. Every root break you are going to eat at leasy one maybe even 2 round of combat. There is always the chance you get a break just as you start nuking too, basically stunning yourself for the cast time. And then you have to worry about getting ghoul rooted every time they get some melee hits in.

moreover, even if you somehow managed to get 200 int + 300 mana on your gear, that's 6 ice comets. Even if we ignore the substantial cost of roots over this fight, about 10-15% of those nukes will be completely resisted, another 15%-20% or so will be partially resisted. You will generally only be doing about 80% of your theoretical damage. It's going to leave you 1000 hit points shy. And we haven't even considered the AM just nuking/stunning/rooting the shit out of you.

Also if you dont instant engage he shields himself (+MR buff) and casts a Rune on himself (more hps to chew tru).

He solos my 49 earth pet while I nuke him for 800 a pop and still doesnt die before my pet dies.

Each time I have solod him on my mage Im basically one nuke from dying. Its always close.

Another tip, have levitate on so you dont eat a 200 damage grav flux.

DMN
03-10-2020, 02:32 PM

8 ice comets? what? specialization doesn't even work yet. did it get stealth implemented or something?

Edit: Even with it I don't see how you get more than 7 ice comets. you can't use that manastone much as you are going to be eating a lot of damage.

DisbeAsos
03-10-2020, 04:33 PM
Yea im sorry, I can drop 7 Ice Comets with manastoning half more bub to get an 8th one out self buffed. My confusion is raid buffed I can squeeze out 8 with Brilliance and I can Manastone down 1 more and still have 60-70% HP left. I wont go into this raid buffed though and ill get a vid up, gotta show you naysayers what a Wizard is capable of. If the camp is open and not broken I will get a few buffs though and im certain I can break the camp buffed.

Bigsham
03-11-2020, 11:33 AM
no you cant, but be sure to make a video and share your failure

7 ice comets lol

Bigsham
03-11-2020, 11:34 AM
also only an idiot casts cold on undead shows how garbage you are, ice comet is not a good damage vs mana ratio spell

Canelek
03-11-2020, 01:03 PM
Misguided optimism to personal attacks. This thread has it all.

Kerwin 5.0
03-11-2020, 01:18 PM
actually as a 60 epic druid on red to camp frenzy and AM, AM is much harder to solo than frenzy room.... it is impossible for a cleric pre 55+ to solo am room from what i remember, i never had a manastone tho

Bigsham
03-11-2020, 03:05 PM
theres only 2 mobs in AM room and you can pac through the wall

AM has twice the hp frenzy does and casts some nasty spells

DisbeAsos
03-11-2020, 09:20 PM
I dont use IC on AM at all actually, im just giving you an idea of how many large nukes i can drop.