PDA

View Full Version : It's 4am EST and there are 14 people on manastone list

DMN
03-06-2020, 05:17 AM
Time to do something about the unlcassic cheaters sharing screens/characters to stay at this camp.

Thanks.

Zal22
03-06-2020, 06:10 AM
Guessing you are #14? What exactly do you want FGToes?

DMN
03-06-2020, 08:11 AM
Guessing you are #14? What exactly do you want FGToes?

You guessed wrong and I don't speak gibberish.

Izmael
03-06-2020, 08:19 AM
The only sensible thing is to never merge Green into Blue because of this abuse (and whatever abuse is going to happen in the future at other /list camps).

Bondrake
03-06-2020, 08:59 AM
Who cares. It's a video game meant to be played for fun. Go move on to another camp.

Cen
03-06-2020, 09:05 AM
Is 14 a problem?

DMN
03-06-2020, 09:16 AM
Is 14 a problem?

14 means a camp time of close to 9 days.

Only people cheating/using non classic methods are staying there. And right now that's the only game in town, so is currently designed so that only cheaters win. Do you think that's a problem?

Annona
03-06-2020, 09:17 AM
I really wanted a manastone too. After reading the forums I gave up on that endeavor. I neither have the time nor the friends to share a camp. It is a shame they just didn't make no drop and lore so only those who would use it would get one. Too many people farming them for profit. It is what it is. I don't think it will be a game changer.

Another friend asked why don't I get a guise. I told him I don't need to look like a dark elf that badly. That is on my druid. My rogue can wait till the change and then just snatch one up. I would have liked to put my dues in to get these but you can't fight what people are doing without suffering for it. Not gonna be me. I gave up before it began.

gnomishfirework
03-06-2020, 09:21 AM
People who /list at 14 and stick it out, I want to be your friend.

Cen
03-06-2020, 09:57 AM

Only people cheating/using non classic methods are staying there. And right now that's the only game in town, so is currently designed so that only cheaters win. Do you think that's a problem?

I agree that some folks are probably shifting it with help, but I feel bad for the guy legitimately camping it 9 days without sleep not getting his due respect lol

I noticed though with the list camps ive sat in that about half the people drop in 60 mins

Castle2.0
03-06-2020, 10:06 AM
WTS Manastone 150k

(1) 4AM where? Not everyone lives in your time zone. It could be 5pm elsewhere. Maybe Asians or Euros hopping on in hopes of an anomaly in the matrix.

(2) If you start at 14 (which it looks like you did or were considering) you will drop down fast. People at 8+ that see nothing for hours, tend to drop off once they realize the anomaly ain't happening.

Yorkshire
03-06-2020, 10:08 AM
I really wanted a manastone too. After reading the forums I gave up on that endeavor. I neither have the time nor the friends to share a camp. It is a shame they just didn't make no drop and lore so only those who would use it would get one. Too many people farming them for profit. It is what it is. I don't think it will be a game changer.

Another friend asked why don't I get a guise. I told him I don't need to look like a dark elf that badly. That is on my druid. My rogue can wait till the change and then just snatch one up. I would have liked to put my dues in to get these but you can't fight what people are doing without suffering for it. Not gonna be me. I gave up before it began.

One of the most sensible things I've read.

Clumpoid
03-06-2020, 12:08 PM
List is unclassic in the first place so might as well use unclassic means

kjs86z
03-06-2020, 12:26 PM
I feel bad for the guy legitimately camping it 9 days without sleep not getting his due respect

This might be the most cringe thing I've ever read on these forums.

Imagine thinking staying up for over a week straight playing a video game commands respect.

Wow.

magnetaress
03-06-2020, 12:27 PM
I bet you a lot of vampires, night shift nurses, and euro circuit drivers play on Green.

damus1
03-06-2020, 12:42 PM
hope they run a box test and half of them go LD. last time I was there and a GM got called down 2 ppl got zapped, good times.

strongNpretty
03-06-2020, 01:00 PM
9 Days.. Imagine how much stronger and prettier I could get in 9 days.. You got a video game marble in 9 days....

drackgon
03-06-2020, 01:51 PM
lol your saying account sharing wasn't classic? Boy are you wrong. Stop being bad OP. Go farm the PP. and Buy yours. FYI I know personally a good dozen people myself including back on Live Erollisi Marr that account shared and farmed stuff all the time. Heck me and my brother for the summer of 00 Did nothing but play each others toons in 12 hour shifts. GG you your bad OP. Learn to not be so bad, and make friends whos willing to account share with you. Hell even Lineage is smart enough to pay members DKP to account share and do it in shifts.

Bigsham
03-06-2020, 02:13 PM
150k isnt bad for that item imo

getting 150k a month into a server thats a different story

drackgon
03-06-2020, 02:17 PM
150k is a lot of dough, but not impossible. thats a good 8 FBSS farmed. (but again can spend the time at MS where you know you will get one in a week.) Or spend 2 months farming FBSS/SMR/Mt2h/Hill Giants/ice giants(toes) and make bank and buy one. Other camps Dino/Seafuries/Root Nets

DMN
03-06-2020, 04:55 PM
lol your saying account sharing wasn't classic? Boy are you wrong. Stop being bad OP. Go farm the PP. and Buy yours. FYI I know personally a good dozen people myself including back on Live Erollisi Marr that account shared and farmed stuff all the time. Heck me and my brother for the summer of 00 Did nothing but play each others toons in 12 hour shifts. GG you your bad OP. Learn to not be so bad, and make friends whos willing to account share with you. Hell even Lineage is smart enough to pay members DKP to account share and do it in shifts.

Account sharing was done but it was very rare in vanilla and always very hush, hush. It was against the rules.

People duped items, too, should we allow that on 99 too, to make it more classic?

And i already have 4 manastones and enough liquid plat to buy 2-3 more.

turbosilk
03-06-2020, 05:07 PM
Time to do something about the unlcassic cheaters sharing screens/characters to stay at this camp.

Thanks.

Got mine when there was no one on list on Green. Classic.

turbosilk
03-06-2020, 05:09 PM
Account sharing was done but it was very rare in vanilla and always very hush, hush. It was against the rules.

People duped items, too, should we allow that on 99 too, to make it more classic?

I'm lost as to why you are complaining when you appear to be one of the main problems.

Kohedron
03-06-2020, 05:17 PM
your own fault for waiting 9 days for actually nothing except bragging rights on a 1000 pop server

magnetaress
03-06-2020, 05:55 PM
I feel like this is more of an RnF then a general chat post. I believe people can farm manastones if they want and if that makes them happy, that is awesome. I am glad they are free to do so. They may be fulfilling an old dream of being the first to have one after playing EQ for 20 years without one.

heyokah
03-06-2020, 06:54 PM
I agree that some folks are probably shifting it with help, but I feel bad for the guy legitimately camping it 9 days without sleep not getting his due respect lol

I noticed though with the list camps ive sat in that about half the people drop in 60 mins

It's because ppl are like ok, imma give it a shot! Then they slowly realize the type of nerds they're up against and just say fuck it. People who dont waste literal days of life sitting in gum are the real winners here.

Albanwr
03-06-2020, 09:18 PM
You guessed wrong and I don't speak gibberish.

well....you do, we've all seen it.

Albanwr
03-06-2020, 09:20 PM
they need to figure out this /list stuff before the next set of items that will be on the /list come expansion time.

Sharing accounts should not be allowed.

1 item and then you're done, no more.

That is 2 things I support.

getlostgreg
03-06-2020, 09:37 PM
I don't understand how people can stay awake for more than 24 hours sitting at a computer. No judgement, I just don't have the ability to fight off sleep like that.

Tethler
03-06-2020, 09:49 PM

Guise isn't that bad. 12ish hours give or take.

Cen
03-06-2020, 10:51 PM
Guise isn't that bad. 12ish hours give or take.

This week, some were rotting nonlisted. A low level had a chance to grab.

Tilien
03-06-2020, 10:57 PM
I don't understand how people can stay awake for more than 24 hours sitting at a computer. No judgement, I just don't have the ability to fight off sleep like that.

Most of them use screen sharing so that they're only awake for part of the time and take shifts.

Gatorsmash
03-06-2020, 11:04 PM

I have a guess, I'm just not sure how legal it is vs server rules

Tethler
03-06-2020, 11:20 PM

wow, nice!

derjen
03-07-2020, 10:03 AM
Most of them use screen sharing so that they're only awake for part of the time and take shifts.

I certainly applaud the staff for their time and effort. I love EQ. I loved it back in the day and I love it now.

However, the /list concept on Green was a great idea, IF you could control who's clicking "ok" and typing /list afk xxxx, but you can't, which means the ONLY way you're getting /list items is to have a posse to poop sock around the clock. If you're going to allow that, you might as allow RMT.

Unfortunately, that's the result of /list.

Castle2.0
03-07-2020, 11:24 AM
WTS Manastone 150k. PST to Mannastone.

jackd104
03-07-2020, 11:46 AM
/list is the worst feature p99 has ever implemented

Bigsham
03-07-2020, 04:52 PM

How much money in the bank irl ?

Gatorsmash
03-07-2020, 11:07 PM
I certainly applaud the staff for their time and effort. I love EQ. I loved it back in the day and I love it now.

However, the /list concept on Green was a great idea, IF you could control who's clicking "ok" and typing /list afk xxxx, but you can't, which means the ONLY way you're getting /list items is to have a posse to poop sock around the clock. If you're going to allow that, you might as allow RMT.

Unfortunately, that's the result of /list.

Aaaaaah, I'm not sure screen sHaring is how they are doing it, but I wouldn't Know

ravax
03-08-2020, 02:59 AM
Allowing an account to have more than one is the real problem.

gnomishfirework
03-08-2020, 04:17 AM
Average manastone camp now exceeds 130 hours.

Ataria
03-08-2020, 11:34 AM

Well I picked the wrong time to do the mask. Joined at #9... Now sitting at #1... and I am so overly ready for bed. No one has dropped off before me either like when I did the ms camp. But yeah my entire time here the manastone list has been a steady 14-15, in tandem with a steady numer of inquiries for how long it is.

Videri
03-09-2020, 01:58 PM
I thought it used to hover between 6-9.

YendorLootmonkey
03-09-2020, 03:57 PM
Allowing an account to have more than one is the real problem.

You're right... sweaty nerds with the steely neckbeard willpower to camp something for 72+ hours would totally find having to make a new account to camp another completely prohibitive, and that would stop them cold in their tracks.

Bigsham
03-09-2020, 04:07 PM
Make manastone ARTIFACT one per server, problem solved

White_knight
03-09-2020, 04:31 PM
Lol, shift working a Manastone in 2020 on an emulated EverQuest server. If only most of you were this determined in life to uplift uourselves out of the poverty in your life.

Then you could just pay a Chinaman to do it for you...oh wait...some already do this...hint...hint.

magnetaress
03-09-2020, 04:45 PM
What if you are someone like me who rerolled on red99 from scratch with zero accounts in 2020 and doesn't have nor need a manastone, so unless someone gives me one, I won't have one. Because I doubt I will farm plat for a legacy item.

Never know.

I guess lich will have to do :D

Actually. There are many elf friends and elves with manastones, and so the great manastone spirit lives throughout our elf lands. Therefore, every manastone farmed is a manastone had, by every elf who desires one deeply enough to have a stone, feel it in their little elf hands, and marvel at it's wonder.

Thank you manastones. For being. Manastones. For the elves. That need you. And use you.

Someone buffed me with their manastone earlier today, that was nice of them to share their manastone in that way.

stormsinger
03-10-2020, 11:44 AM
The problem is that guilds are offering DKP for their players to get mana stones for the guild. Which seems to me to be against the idea of the list - which was ultimately to prevent the high powered guilds from overcamping the legacy items.

If you already got your manastone and it wasn’t so bad, it’s because it was before this started happening. It is no longer humanly feasible to do by yourself without considering health risks.

“We hope this system will prevent the practice of passing camps and/or items to friends, corpsing additional items, and so on.”

Sharing guild accounts for an entire guild to camp manastone is a problem.

Cen
03-10-2020, 11:51 AM
The problem is that guilds are offering DKP for their players to get mana stones for the guild. Which seems to me to be against the idea of the list - which was ultimately to prevent the high powered guilds from overcamping the legacy items.

If you already got your manastone and it wasn’t so bad, it’s because it was before this started happening. It is no longer humanly feasible to do by yourself without considering health risks.

“We hope this system will prevent the practice of passing camps and/or items to friends, corpsing additional items, and so on.”

Are you suggesting a game patch, or a humanity patch, though?

stormsinger
03-10-2020, 12:06 PM
Are you suggesting a game patch, or a humanity patch, though?

Not suggesting anything. The end result is always the same, guilds take over servers by design. Nothing you can do about it but prevent the exploits as best you can but eventually they find a way to spoil it for everyone.

Even if guilds were removed from the game, eventually the same exploits would occur. If they wanted to really get technical they could remove people from list if they use /q or camp or enter world from a different IP.

derpcake2
03-10-2020, 12:22 PM
If Corona virus spreads, I will be nr 39 on the manastone list.

Can't wait to have groceries delivered while 3 weeks off.

Castle2.0
03-10-2020, 12:47 PM
Buddy at #1 just got his. 127 hours.

WTS Manastone 150k

eqravenprince
03-10-2020, 01:08 PM
Buddy at #1 just got his. 127 hours.

WTS Manastone 150k

How quickly can one earn 150k doing anything else? Suppose if you killed guards for 250 hours, selling the fine steel. That's averaging killing one every 30 seconds.

Zal22
03-10-2020, 01:42 PM
TL;DR.

OP is retarded and Castle2.0 still cant sell his stone for 150k. The post about them being worth 200k didn't work?

magnetaress
03-10-2020, 01:44 PM
Bumping this thread, I am being supportive of you Castle, I believe you may sell it for 150k one day. It is very possible.

Bigsham
03-10-2020, 02:02 PM
Getting groceries delivered is no different then getting them yourself, the person who brought them can bring you the infection, quarantine does not work

this is viral

DMN
03-11-2020, 04:25 AM
There are now 21 people at manstone at 4am on humpday no less.

Tethler
03-11-2020, 04:30 AM
There are now 21 people at manstone at 4am on humpday no less.

lol, disgusting

Swish
03-11-2020, 05:00 AM
So is this the staff's fault or something? Nobody is making anyone do list items, and remember lots of people complained there'd be too many manastones when teal and green combined.

Change the slightest thing and players will keep complaining, what can you do? :p

Wallicker
03-11-2020, 06:43 AM
They will not drop much longer and some people are quarantined at home for atleast a week seems like a solid time for a baby neckbeard to get his stone without jeopardizing RL gains.

stormsinger
03-11-2020, 10:43 AM
So is this the staff's fault or something? Nobody is making anyone do list items, and remember lots of people complained there'd be too many manastones when teal and green combined.

Change the slightest thing and players will keep complaining, what can you do? :p

Not the staffs fault. You know that you are on here complaining and bringing no value to the thread right? We understand nobody is making anyone do list items. And people always complain in every aspect of life what do you expect to be different here?

The point is the list system is being abused by guilds sharing accounts and getting multiple stones, which contradicts the point of the list’s existence which was for everyone to have a shot. The original post about list stated it is being put in place to “prevent passing of camps/items to friends” which in this case has evolved to guilds sharing accounts to stay on list much longer than the average person could possibly do alone

Videri
03-11-2020, 02:21 PM
The list was not meant to prevent people from working together to get manastones. The problem with groups passing camps to friends is that it locks others out of the camp. With the /list, no one can be locked out. Anyone can join and wait in line. No one can keep you from joining the list.

If you want a manastone, you’ll have to work together with a couple other people and a shared character.

Bigsham
03-11-2020, 03:02 PM
List should completely recycle and change order every 1h to encourage participation

and not sickness

NPC
03-11-2020, 11:31 PM
The funniest part is all these people getting manastone or in line for one have no idea how to use them or how useful they actually are. I've grouped with wizards stoning themselves to 10%, then nuking their balls off only to get agro an die or have our healer waste their mana healing them instead of the tank.
Mana stone at best gives you 1mana/per tick, or 10 mana a min, because you are regenerating only 30 hps a min, it takes 60 hps to get 20 mana.
Only clerics could get better now using Complete heal and 2k-ish hps, but clerics have to be 39 for complete heal, when Kunark hits the mana stones will be worthless because anyone 30+ is going to be in Kunark, and you can't use them in Kunark. When Kunark hits stones will be completely worthless until epics hits like 6 months later, even then only the wizard could use it effectively after epics hit. So the real market is clerics now until Kunark, then no one till the epics hit, then the wizard after epics. So manastones now might be worth 50k-70k tops, they should tank after Kunark because of the old world restriction, mild up tick in price after epics hit. Would you pay 100k for a manastone, or Fungi Tunic/mana robe? Mana robe can give Wizards with epic about 300 extra mana per min on top of their natural mana regeneration, the mana stone could give them 720 mana per min, but they would have to gate to the old world, then gate back to Kunark. The time it takes to zone an the mana you waste to gate there an back make the mana robe about as efficient. An then if you're deep in Sebilis you can't bind and gate back in, so you could only use the mana robe. An that's where everyone is going, Sebilis. Instead of mindless telling each other how good it is, how about using your brain an put some solid stats up backing up the claims?
FYI- Necros and Shamans get better life to mana conversion spells than the mana stone conversion rate.

Jean-Baptiste Cutting
03-11-2020, 11:33 PM
I came.

I saw.

I hit em right there in the jaw (in the jaw!)

NPC
03-11-2020, 11:35 PM
You're right... sweaty nerds with the steely neckbeard willpower to camp something for 72+ hours would totally find having to make a new account to camp another completely prohibitive, and that would stop them cold in their tracks.

Yes, that would slow them down significantly, having to make a new 35th level character for every manastone they wanted. These items should be lore at the very least.

NPC
03-11-2020, 11:41 PM

I think the problem is the random checks, why do they need to be 5-15 min? Once per spawn I think should be sufficient. You gotta sweat it if you want like do laundry or something. Just put random number generation on every check an have fewer, 1-2 an hour. Listing is actually good, because without people would be kill stealing, the listing prevents kill stealing an ninja looting. But maybe that's why people are crying, they can't kill steal it or ninja loot it.

Heebs13
03-12-2020, 01:09 AM
Think of it this way - the devs have found the perfect way to keep the most pixel-hungry neckbeards busy for 130 hours at a time, all sitting at one spot, not plaguing the rest of the server. List camps are a blessing for 99.9% of the players.

Swish
03-12-2020, 02:43 AM
Think of it this way - the devs have found the perfect way to keep the most pixel-hungry neckbeards busy for 130 hours at a time, all sitting at one spot, not plaguing the rest of the server. List camps are a blessing for 99.9% of the players.

Summed up nicely, and anyone part of the "I want it now" club needs to realize that good things come to those who wait.

Start waiting and stop ranting for maximum success. Very few perceived server related issues were ever fixed by ranting on the forums.

kjs86z
03-12-2020, 02:32 PM
Once corona really picks up in the US the lists are going to get insane.

Dolalin
03-12-2020, 02:47 PM
I'm looking forward to Coronavirus actually. We are mandated to WFH indefinitely starting tomorrow, and the lack of commuting into London is going to mean more time for Splitpaw zone building.

Jean-Baptiste Cutting
03-12-2020, 03:06 PM
I'm looking forward to Coronavirus actually. We are mandated to WFH indefinitely starting tomorrow, and the lack of commuting into London is going to mean more time for Splitpaw zone building.

What is your guide for rebuilding old paw? Was the zone ever laid out and detailed anywhere pre-revamp?

JDFriend99
03-12-2020, 04:21 PM

if said 13 people remained there using this windows teamshare or shit to basically scoot over boxing laws, then you would be waiting around 3 weeks. I attempted this camp 4 times and only one successfully.

One time i started at 7 ended at 5 and had been sitting for 47 hrs clicking 8.5-13min afk timers.

There is no one person at all that can sit at a camp for over 60 hrs in line focusing without cheating. You comment is correct, if you or i receive backlash its because they cheat, end of story. Cheaters don't like being blasted and just like any crackhead or cheater they lie till their dying day.

No you cant move from spot 10 to 1 in under 3 days ever unless half those folks get banned or go ld. then you may be 1-3 on list and still must wait your 20hrs -70 hrs for one stone to drop.

All the lies about i got on list and it was only 2 and 6 hrs later i had my stone, are just that lies. I dare staff to post statistics or even hang out at that camp for a day and see how many people are cheating. Or training the camp. I'm sure the list would fall to 5 or less at all times if a gm bot was placed in the area to make them randomly perform tasks :)

The list isnt classic, so might as well toss a BOT in there to make sure the non classic cheaters cant cheat.

You arent alone feeling the dismal anger of the lines being buddy boxed

Dolalin
03-12-2020, 06:09 PM
What is your guide for rebuilding old paw? Was the zone ever laid out and detailed anywhere pre-revamp?

I've dug up lots of info actually. Here's the summary

http://wiki.project1999.com/Infected_Paw

duckspell
03-14-2020, 10:55 PM
Summed up nicely, and anyone part of the "I want it now" club needs to realize that good things come to those who wait.

Start waiting and stop ranting for maximum success. Very few perceived server related issues were ever fixed by ranting on the forums.

said by someone waiting 14 days nonstop, without sharing a character

LOL WHAT

Castle2.0
03-15-2020, 06:50 AM
Friends...

I think my thread on the value of the manastone has had it's effect...

Tread at your own peril.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350652

soulzek
03-17-2020, 12:30 PM

Thanks.

I mean what do you want to happen? The only solution to this problem is instances and EQ doesn't have those. Did you honestly expect starting on Green and thinking you'd ever have a chance at these camps?

PabloEdvardo
03-18-2020, 10:49 AM
Nobody is cheating. You all get a fair shot in line at the item. The only thing standing in your way is the drop rate. If you still think someone being ahead of you is "in your way", you're part of the problem.

caldknocker
03-20-2020, 06:27 PM
Guise Camp - 24 hours of madness... its been about 14 hours with no drops... clinging onto my #2 spot... fml!!

Cen
03-21-2020, 09:34 AM
Guise Camp - 24 hours of madness... its been about 14 hours with no drops... clinging onto my #2 spot... fml!!

I logged in, and saw you still there.. but heard the story of what ultimately happened. ;/

Cen
03-21-2020, 08:14 PM
Well, you're not alone. Today we had another guy miss his guise loot and get locked out.

firesyde424
03-21-2020, 09:35 PM
I feel like this is more of an RnF then a general chat post. I believe people can farm manastones if they want and if that makes them happy, that is awesome. I am glad they are free to do so. They may be fulfilling an old dream of being the first to have one after playing EQ for 20 years without one.

This is why I put the time into it. In all the years I played EQ, I never had one. It's neat and useful, at least for a while.

magnetaress
03-21-2020, 09:53 PM
This is why I put the time into it. In all the years I played EQ, I never had one. It's neat and useful, at least for a while.

Considering I have put in over 72 afkish hrs just lazily leveling a necro to 45 on red99.

I feel like an 150 hr investment at a camp on green for a Manastone or guise chatting with good friends, watching movies, forum questing, and leveling another alt afkish potentially on red and or blue is probably time well spent. I'm guessing both camps are nearly solo able anyway, so any groups must put in barely any effort holding them, leaving room for tons of fun and friendly elven shenanigans.

mai.cj
03-22-2020, 05:56 AM

What is the purpose of account sharing?

Bigsham
03-22-2020, 06:52 PM
Considering I have put in over 72 afkish hrs just lazily leveling a necro to 45 on red99.

I feel like an 150 hr investment at a camp on green for a Manastone or guise chatting with good friends, watching movies, forum questing, and leveling another alt afkish potentially on red and or blue is probably time well spent. I'm guessing both camps are nearly solo able anyway, so any groups must put in barely any effort holding them, leaving room for tons of fun and friendly elven shenanigans.

This post is so sad on so many levels.

magnetaress
03-22-2020, 08:27 PM
This post is so sad on so many levels.

Took me all day but I dinged 47.

I am scared I am going to have to buy the lich spell and my 49 pet some how. :o :p

kelsoider
03-22-2020, 08:36 PM
If you're going to let people camp it by account sharing, why not just let people RMT?

JayDee
03-22-2020, 08:40 PM
There was 1 guy for the most part (named penoy) who acquired most of the manastones on blue. We had like 50 players at launch and numbers gradually grew to around 200 where it remained for a good while.

My point being, there will be a lot more stones here. Probably around 2.5 +/- a day until the patch day when they are removed. You will be able to buy one if not handed one for free eventually. Don't get caught up in the FOMO

Castle2.0
03-22-2020, 09:30 PM
My point being, there will be a lot more stones here. Probably around 2.5 +/- a day until the patch day when they are removed. You will be able to buy one if not handed one for free eventually. Don't get caught up in the FOMO Confirmed hasn't camped a stone on Green.

Getting a Manastone has been a 7-day endeavor for some. The average camp time for everyone is approaching that.

Regardless of the power of the item (and it is a very powerful item), people that invested 7 days in 1 item aren't gonna give it away for free because of what it means to them.

sentinel
03-22-2020, 10:22 PM
LOL someone scored a manastone for 65k yesterday

kaev
03-22-2020, 10:40 PM

We didn't call the old SOE Gameplay forum Whineplay for nothing :)

Castle2.0
03-22-2020, 10:52 PM
You can always vote

Poll: Reopen Teal (Digital Social Distancing)

https://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73

Also...
LOL someone scored a manastone for 65k yesterday If you know someone selling for 65k, lemme know. I will pay you 5k finder's fee as soon as they sell to me for 65k.

Jimjam
03-23-2020, 05:35 AM
If you're going to let people camp it by account sharing, why not just let people RMT?

It’s trading RL labour/services (I’ll play your character for you) for in game items (you’ll give me a mana stone).

Of course the counter argument is ‘we’re trading labour for labour and manastones for manastones’... let me see a trade window where each party is sending the other a manastone in one transaction!

Castle2.0
03-23-2020, 11:44 AM
let me see a trade window where each party is sending the other a manastone in one transaction!
Ok

https://i.ibb.co/h1YBxM2/EQ000370.png

Jimjam
03-23-2020, 12:11 PM
These aren't the droods we're looking for. You can go about your business. Move along. Move along.

Videri
03-23-2020, 01:27 PM
There was 1 guy for the most part (named penoy) who acquired most of the manastones on blue. We had like 50 players at launch and numbers gradually grew to around 200 where it remained for a good while.

My point being, there will be a lot more stones here. Probably around 2.5 +/- a day until the patch day when they are removed. You will be able to buy one if not handed one for free eventually. Don't get caught up in the FOMO

Are they giving them away for free on Blue?

I joined the list at 8 and got a manastone 86 hours later. But don’t imagine that 8 manastones dropped in 86 hours...only 4 did. The other 4 people dropped out. Small sample size, but I’d estimate manastone drop rate to be approximately 1 per day.

7 months x 30 days = 210 days = 210 manastones. Even if it’s double what I estimate, we’re still only talking 420 (blaze it) manastones.

boukk
03-23-2020, 03:07 PM

I joined the list at 8 and got a manastone 86 hours later. But don’t imagine that 8 manastones dropped in 86 hours...only 4 did. The other 4 people dropped out. Small sample size, but I’d estimate manastone drop rate to be approximately 1 per day.

7 months x 30 days = 210 days = 210 manastones. Even if it’s double what I estimate, we’re still only talking 420 (blaze it) manastones.

Drop rate according to spawn rate + drop rate is bout twice a day, but ofc extreme case can occur, not unheard of people waiting 50hours at first spot, and also heard someone getting it from spot 5 in 16hours.

Bigsham
03-23-2020, 07:04 PM
teal was the worst idea ever you only want it so you can camp more manastones

evildoer
03-24-2020, 02:17 AM

I can't even begin to wrap my mind around spending 86 hours of my life camping a pixel on an emulated server. You need many, many years of intense therapy.

branamil
03-24-2020, 03:04 AM
I can't even begin to wrap my mind around spending 86 hours of my life camping a pixel on an emulated server. You need many, many years of intense therapy.

Imagine being only give a few thousand days of life on earth, sand spending several of them getting a mystical mage orb on recreation of a recreation of a 20 year old game that will get deleted as soon as the owners get bored of the project

pirate23
03-24-2020, 08:57 AM
I afk camped Dylin Starsine yesterday for 7 hours, that was more than enough for me.

Castle2.0
03-24-2020, 09:10 AM
Imagine being only give a few thousand days of life on earth, sand spending several of them getting a mystical mage orb on recreation of a recreation of a 20 year old game that will get deleted as soon as the owners get bored of the project

The irony here is many people on these forums (1) don't believe in life after death and (2) chase all the 'manastones' of life, even while believing the cord on their 'box' is getting pulled in some decades and that's game over. In other words...

Imagine being only give a few thousand days of life on earth...that will get deleted...

Well, there is life after death and if all you do is chase manastones in-game or out, you're a fool.

Christina.
03-24-2020, 09:53 AM
The irony here is many people on these forums (1) don't believe in life after death and (2) chase all the 'manastones' of life, even while believing the cord on their 'box' is getting pulled in some decades and that's game over. In other words.

I don't agree with the new server thing but what you said right here was awesome. That analogy was on point 100%

SN : We all know you just want more manastones lol