PDA

View Full Version : If you could do launch ALL over again

Danger
03-06-2020, 01:53 AM
If you could do the launch of green or teal over again, what would you have done differently?

Would you have made a different race or class? Maybe focused on a trade skill early or different leveling route?

What strategies did you adopt if your original plans went awry?

What worked and what didn't?

For me, personally, Qeynos was super crowded and after camping a single decaying skeleton spawn for a while I had to adapt to the Qeynos Catacombs fish and gator meta early on. I also probably would have went caster instead of warrior and maybe chose a race that starts in Western Antonica instead of Qeynos, just seems like it'd have more options than the Blackburrow bottleneck, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

Doktoor
03-06-2020, 02:32 AM
I'd have been ready to play at launch. Didn't get my char created till Dec 2. But I logged into Teal and it was great for a newb leveling up at that point.

Cen
03-06-2020, 02:43 AM
I would have went hard on Cleric or Shaman first. Saved melee for later. I ultimately didn't get my real start until I returned in January.

DMN
03-06-2020, 03:44 AM
I would have played a warlock.

El-Hefe
03-06-2020, 04:12 AM
Might’ve gone a little harder. I feel like I should probably have at least one max level toon by now.

Albanwr
03-06-2020, 04:17 AM
I think once I got my cleric to max level(quite early on) I would have continued playing it, instead of making 2 alts.

All the people i came up with on my cleric are all in different guilds now and my cleric turned into a rez bot haha.

Tethler
03-06-2020, 05:29 AM
I would have not started in Qeynos area. Satisfied with everything else.

Annona
03-06-2020, 09:42 AM
Scheduled that first week off as vacation from work. Shop and have my neckbeard supplies ready with a few old pair of socks at the ready. Mom ready to make hot pockets on demand. I would have leveled a solid solo class hard to get that manastone, jboots and guise before a crowd was able to form. Then sleep for 24 hours before going back to work. =D

eqravenprince
03-06-2020, 09:48 AM
Try to inspire the newbs of qeynos to raid Fippy Darkpaw.

zaneosak
03-06-2020, 10:07 AM

Interesting! I was actually relieved I started there. But I am a druid so the karana's lend to great leveling in the teens and early 20s. The bandit sashes/bronze weapons made me relatively rich for the level range. I never had an issue buy a spell post 14.

Yorkshire
03-06-2020, 10:11 AM

Don't insult the greatest city in all of Norrath.

gnomishfirework
03-06-2020, 10:55 AM
I would've gone erudite and ran to qeynos. Also start camping manastone waaay earlier.

Try to inspire the newbs of qeynos to raid Fippy Darkpaw.

Like anyone would've moved off their single spawn. Unless you mean just train everyone.

Jibartik
03-06-2020, 11:08 AM
I would have not put all my points into wisdom as a Necromancer.

Drakoz
03-06-2020, 11:13 AM
i would of play a good race and not a evil one..Always rolled evil and it seems like lvling a good race's seem to be more open to lower lvl quests.

Cen
03-06-2020, 11:24 AM
Btw I started in Qeynos, and I would do it again. Well, then again I was jealous of the Rivervale Daniels that looked like a blast

kjs86z
03-06-2020, 12:28 PM
I would have done the exact same thing I already did.

Never logged on to begin with.

Danger
03-06-2020, 12:32 PM
I would have done the exact same thing I already did.

Never logged on to begin with.

pretty edgy for someone reading and posting the green forums.

Balimon
03-06-2020, 04:18 PM
Would have bought a new laptop, the dynamic lighting causes a lot of lag and crashes on my old hunk 'o junk and camping legacy items is mostly out of the question. Now I'm just not that motivated to do any long camps anymore, so not motivated to buy a new laptop.

Ivory
03-06-2020, 04:33 PM
My launch was pretty good!! Leveled up to 7....got pickpocket....got rich.... then did quests for powerful items of power early....and kept running from erudin to faydark a bunch.

Did that disease dagger a few times. And more pickpocketing.

Only thing I wouldn't have done is invest so much money into fletching so early and started a ranger for a little bit. I lost interest in being a ranger when I realized I could just be a gnome with a bow instead.

Tethler
03-06-2020, 10:02 PM
Don't insult the greatest city in all of Norrath.

The Qeynos area is fine, but it was too crowded with people camping individual spawns. I probably would have started in the freeport area since there are multiple nearby zones to choose from had I known it would be like that.

Fawqueue
03-07-2020, 02:33 PM
I would have voted no on the server split and encouraged others to do the same. Seemed like a great idea at the time...but seeing that they were merged awkwardly together way before they should have been, it seems like all that was accomplished was giving the neckbeardiest of the community a chance to double farm items. Had we known what would happen it would have been better to just stick it out until things thinned out naturally.

Swish
03-08-2020, 05:33 AM
https://i.imgur.com/VN4BaId.png

jackd104
03-08-2020, 06:28 PM
I started a month late. I would have started sooner to enjoy another month of play before the merge that ended all my interest in the game.

Bigsham
03-08-2020, 07:58 PM
i would have not played

shit wait i didnt play Lol

getlostgreg
03-08-2020, 08:44 PM
Not play a pet class.

Danger
03-09-2020, 02:00 AM
Not play a pet class.

why?

bubur
03-09-2020, 09:17 AM
told all my teal homies how I felt before they were gone :'(

cd288
03-09-2020, 11:43 AM
I would have voted no on the server split and encouraged others to do the same. Seemed like a great idea at the time...but seeing that they were merged awkwardly together way before they should have been, it seems like all that was accomplished was giving the neckbeardiest of the community a chance to double farm items. Had we known what would happen it would have been better to just stick it out until things thinned out naturally.

We all knew that this was ultimately going to be the result of the split.

cd288
03-09-2020, 11:46 AM
If you could do the launch of green or teal over again, what would you have done differently?

Would you have made a different race or class? Maybe focused on a trade skill early or different leveling route?

What strategies did you adopt if your original plans went awry?

What worked and what didn't?

For me, personally, Qeynos was super crowded and after camping a single decaying skeleton spawn for a while I had to adapt to the Qeynos Catacombs fish and gator meta early on. I also probably would have went caster instead of warrior and maybe chose a race that starts in Western Antonica instead of Qeynos, just seems like it'd have more options than the Blackburrow bottleneck, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

It was pretty much like this everywhere at launch, so I wouldn't knock your Qeynos decision too much. Qeynos is probably better than most other places as well since there are a lot of quests to help you out over there.

I think I probably would've focused more on tradeskilling than I have. My thought was that the economy would take quite a bit to get ramped up to a place where you're seeing high prices for items. However, I guess I underestimated peoples' ability to farm so much plat so quickly, because we're seeing stuff going for the same/way more than it does on Blue. I thought I'd be able to buy things easier than I have been, so tradeskilling would have helped in terms of being able to craft things to either use myself or sell for funds.

Znakebite
03-09-2020, 12:21 PM
I would have not rolled a Dark Elf Warrior first. It was brutal getting to 17. Died in Befallen down the well. Rage quit. Corpse rotted. Didn't care.
Rolled a Halfling Druid. Eazy peezy, lemon queezy.

lordpazuzu
03-09-2020, 12:27 PM
Interesting! I was actually relieved I started there. But I am a druid so the karana's lend to great leveling in the teens and early 20s. The bandit sashes/bronze weapons made me relatively rich for the level range. I never had an issue buy a spell post 14.

The Freeport side of the Karanas has way more to do within a reasonable running distance, unless you consider the Karanas themselves as something to do.

Bigsham
03-09-2020, 04:08 PM
I would have not rolled a Dark Elf Warrior first. It was brutal getting to 17. Died in Befallen down the well. Rage quit. Corpse rotted. Didn't care.
Rolled a Halfling Druid. Eazy peezy, lemon queezy.

easy yes, pointless class tho

Swish
03-09-2020, 04:12 PM

Dial A Port is crootin

cd288
03-11-2020, 10:19 AM

Asinine comment tho. Druids have tons of utility and can effectively main heal a group at least through the mid-30s. I've also offhealed raids on a Druid. They're hardly pointless.

Bigsham
03-11-2020, 11:38 AM
30s dont matter

worthless on raids outside of charming crap in fear

have fun wasting months leveling to have a port or farm char tho

Castle2.0
03-11-2020, 12:02 PM
Fact: Druids #1 Quad Kiters at 50

cd288
03-11-2020, 12:44 PM
30s dont matter

With mana regen buffs in the 50s my Druid can main heal most group content as well.

I know people say the forums are a terrible place, but I've honestly never seen someone make so many inaccurate statements about EQ lol

Bigsham
03-11-2020, 03:06 PM
who cares about quad kiting its stupid and pointless

endgame is what farming wyverns in cobalt scar for low grade gems and getting denied every group in real zones? Pass

they are powerlevel chars, nothing more

Castle2.0
03-11-2020, 04:30 PM
Quad kiting = money making = buy my Manastone for 149k

PST to Mannastone

Phaezed-Reality
03-11-2020, 04:47 PM
someone hold a manastone for me to buy, when im ready to be an asshole and keep an entire newbie zone dead and sell the FS for a few weeks 24 hours a day ill buy one. I'm waiting for some newbs to get done leveling before i do that.

NPC
03-12-2020, 12:01 AM
Fact: Druids #1 Quad Kiters at 50

Ur smoking crack, wizards get 1k dmg AoE, I've never seen druids quad raptors. That's for the big boys. I'm quading now at 14th level with my wizard, btw. Wizard AoE dmg ratio is 4 damage/1 mana at 14th. At 57th level its over 11 damage/ 1 mana ratio. Druids don't come close.

Baler
03-12-2020, 12:07 AM
Nothing, 2 manastone, 2 guise and 3 Jboots

Necro as a starter & hit 50 while people were still crying about starter zones.
Used plat to fund a cleric and a rogue whom are now 50 with BIS classic EC gear.
Joined DMO, Left DMO
https://i.imgur.com/VL3lgDC.jpg

waiting for kunark now ....
OR
Red 2.0

Fawqueue
03-12-2020, 04:13 AM
Ur smoking crack, wizards get 1k dmg AoE, I've never seen druids quad raptors. That's for the big boys. I'm quading now at 14th level with my wizard, btw. Wizard AoE dmg ratio is 4 damage/1 mana at 14th. At 57th level its over 11 damage/ 1 mana ratio. Druids don't come close.

He said at level 50, and he's correct. 51+ Wizards are far better, but <50 they are stuck with Circle of Force while Druids get Lightning Blast at 49 and does almost twice the damage.

cd288
03-12-2020, 12:13 PM

Very confused by this comment. I've quadded raptors on a Druid easily...

azeth
03-12-2020, 12:30 PM
30s dont matter

There is nothing more important than having the following classes in your deck of options:

1. Raid toon
2. Cleric bot
3. Farm bot (necro, enchanter, shaman or druid)
4. Port bot
5. EC bot
6. Your current twink

kjs86z
03-12-2020, 02:31 PM
There is nothing more important than having the following classes in your deck of options:

1. Raid toon
2. Cleric bot
3. Farm bot (necro, enchanter, shaman or druid)
4. Port bot
5. EC bot
6. Your current twink

this guy does eq right