PDA

View Full Version : Raid Schedule Needs a Change

Finesteel
03-05-2020, 03:24 PM
This is only an opinion of mine and I would like to hear other insight and feedback as well weather you agree or disagree....

With no end game pvp, EQ end game has always relied on PvE raiding. One thing that always made the EQ raid content exciting was competition for raid mobs. Everyone wanted their guild to win, their banner to fly highest, and their guild to get the strongest. Right now all guilds wanting to participate in raid content are on a strict schedule for most of the content. This creates a very boring experience - we all know the routine, we all know we are going to kill the targeted raid mob and we all know we are going to clear PoF without any major issues. Same stuff over and over again with basically no surprises. Now I understand the schedule is put in place so all participating guilds get to experience the end game content, we don't run into a situation where 1 guild takes over everything and there are no drama situations where GMs have to get involved.

So, what I think is a good "meet in the middle" is each participating guild gets 1-2 scheduled slots per week depending on the content/mob (dragons obviously not included) and then 2-3 days a week it is completely open for guilds that want to get extra stabs at the raid mobs which hopefully will lead to some more healthy competition. For example: Friday-Sunday PoF is wide open for anyone who wants to compete but Monday-Thurs contains a schedule with each guild getting their own slot(s).

Anyways, just a thought...

drackgon
03-05-2020, 03:32 PM
Finesteel we did that the first week. It was annoying. ST/Kingdom/Venerate taking 80% of the loot. And the other micro guilds Lineage/Ib/CI all trying to get some. And then followed by a crap ton of petitions and argument. It wasn't fun for us or staff. No currently There is still competition. Dragons/Gods/Friday & Saturday Fire giants.

galach
03-05-2020, 03:41 PM
Plane of Fear was a nightmare before there was a rotation. Once Hate & Sky comes out, I'd suspect there will be openings for Plane of Fear.

sedrie.bellamie
03-05-2020, 04:20 PM
galach give this guy some charity pixels cause he is not going to get them any other way

DisbeAsos
03-05-2020, 04:30 PM
There is rotations and also poopsocking and racing competitions... so what youre asking for is already in place. Id suspect youre not in one of the raid guilds or you would know that....

Theres even pickup group FGs happening....

Not sure what could/should be done differently.

Obviously you weren't there for the opening of Fear.... it was a madhouse and not fun for anyone. Galach had to literally check to see who got FTE on 1 out of 5 mobs. lol

drackgon
03-05-2020, 04:57 PM
I believe it was Menden the Babysitter after the first night:) Yeah It sucked, Don't think anyone was surprised when they hit that instant Earthquake to wipe 70% of the players in PoF! We like totally deserved it haha. But yeah lets please continue to work together so GMs don't just burn the server to crisp.

Phatez
03-05-2020, 06:41 PM
I enjoyed watching the first week of fear, it reminded me of Lord of the flies. After a week I asked all parties involved including my own, thirsty, guys and there was a strong majority in favor of rotating fear. Fighting for FTE as mobs respawn for 2-3 hours is not really fun... it’s stressful and leads to hostility between the guilds.

We also looked at creating a competitive meta for the fire giants on the weekend. Lots of ideas were thrown out like foot race, dps race, foot race while ducking, karaoke contest, dance off... It turned out that none of these really worked, or the GM’s did not approve of the suggestion. We resorted to following the blue policy for those spots who is just who shows up first/maintains a presence and keeps the giants clear. That really is not competition... it’s just a measure of who is sweaty and who showers.

Let’s take a look at 7 day spawns. Now we have a real opportunity for competition!! Who can mobilize fast enough? Who can engage the encounter while keeping safe from all the adds before other guilds? Who as a cohesive raid force can execute the mechanics of the game more efficiently? Sure it is also a measure of sweat and neckbeard numbers as well but there are at least other factors. The 7 day dragons should remain competitive while the 8h/12h spawns allow opportunity for the smaller, or more casual guilds to enjoy raid content consistently throughout the week.

Best,
Phatez <Seal Team>

magnetaress
03-05-2020, 07:14 PM
I read "raid" and then TLDR