PDA

View Full Version : My character loots when i just use my movement keys

Annona
03-02-2020, 09:20 AM
Must I have one of WASD keys bound for two functions, one of them to loot a mob? I constantly find myself running past dead mobs and looting them all the time unintentionally when trying to engage another or simply running past. It isn't that horrible but at this point it is just annoying and is going to get me killed one day. Am I the only one with this issue?

fadetree
03-02-2020, 09:50 AM
I use arrow keys for movement. That's one option. Other wise use the options thing and look at your keybindings (or just look at the pertinent .ini file)

cd288
03-02-2020, 12:21 PM
Must I have one of WASD keys bound for two functions, one of them to loot a mob? I constantly find myself running past dead mobs and looting them all the time unintentionally when trying to engage another or simply running past. It isn't that horrible but at this point it is just annoying and is going to get me killed one day. Am I the only one with this issue?

Why don't you just modify your key bindings then?

Annona
03-02-2020, 01:37 PM
Why don't you just modify your key bindings then?

I didn't see an option to bind keys to loot options but I may have missed it. More curious if anyone setup WASD and had the same issue. I will have to look more closely.

larper99
03-02-2020, 01:46 PM
I didn't see an option to bind keys to loot options but I may have missed it. More curious if anyone setup WASD and had the same issue. I will have to look more closely.

Do you have one of your movement keys bound to a hotkey that performs an action, like the trick used to quickly maximize Sense Heading? And if so, have you switched the hotkey action?

Gridley
03-02-2020, 04:56 PM
I'm wondering if maybe you have a macro you meant to have /location as one of the spots and perhaps you put /lo ? I think it should still read as /location but might be defaulting it to /loot instead... just throwing out ideas

Doktoor
03-02-2020, 06:47 PM
Nice try ninja.

knucklehairs
03-02-2020, 11:11 PM
I have the same problem no idea why

Phaezed-Reality
03-03-2020, 12:34 AM
I don't know if its related, but very rarely im getting some wierd targeting issues when using my pet attack key.

other issues is im studdering for some reason with /log on. Brand new computer, when i turn log off its fine. All diag's are fine. /shrug

ldgo86
03-03-2020, 08:38 AM
I don't know if its related, but very rarely im getting some wierd targeting issues when using my pet attack key.

other issues is im studdering for some reason with /log on. Brand new computer, when i turn log off its fine. All diag's are fine. /shrug

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349886

That pet attack problem was so bad, I had to switch classes. rip necro.

Annona
03-03-2020, 12:30 PM
I went through all the key bind options last night and there is nothing there for looting or to automatically click on a dead mob. I am really not sure how this is happening. All I changed was the A and D key to strafe instead of turn. I hold down the right mouse button and use the mouse to turn while I strafe. Sometimes I will simply move in a straight line past and over top of a mob and it will attempt to loot as I pass over it just by holding down W. I don't get it.

I guess I will have to experiment with changing keys and see what happens.

Also, any keystroke that is shared with another function shows in red. WASD are all white.

Grimgor
03-03-2020, 03:35 PM
It's right mouse button that's doing the looting. Can either be more careful with it when near corpses or /hidecorpse all

Issar
03-03-2020, 05:55 PM
Input error maybe? Could try different ports for your mouse and keyboard, or different mouse or keyboard altogether if you have spares.

Annona
03-05-2020, 10:07 AM
It's right mouse button that's doing the looting. Can either be more careful with it when near corpses or /hidecorpse all

Damn, you hit the nail on the head. I use right mouse click to turn though. Right mouse click is default loot option too. I don't see a way to change this??? Is my only option to keystroke turn by assigning keys to turn left and turn right. I don't want to give up turning with right mouse. How does everyone else turn?

Grimgor
03-05-2020, 11:32 AM
Damn, you hit the nail on the head. I use right mouse click to turn though. Right mouse click is default loot option too. I don't see a way to change this??? Is my only option to keystroke turn by assigning keys to turn left and turn right. I don't want to give up turning with right mouse. How does everyone else turn?

Everyone turns with right mouse. Just try and kite where there aren't corpses to accidentally loot.