PDA

View Full Version : Server Maintenance

Kruella
03-02-2020, 03:00 AM
Is there a thread I am missing finding that relates to when you bring a server down for maintenance? I am just curious. I know it has to be done, but I have scoured the forum for regular maintenance times and such. Any assistance would be appreciated.

BlackBellamy
03-02-2020, 06:54 AM
No. Stuff goes down and up and patches come and go and it's a giant surprise every time.

NPC
03-03-2020, 10:41 PM
There is no maintenance, all the 'patches' are already loaded into your game install. They just flag the content on the fly, don't even have to take the servers down. And from what I understand even those flags are on autopilot. The only time I've seen the server go down was when they merged Teal server with Green server. This isn't a live server, all the content is already there, they are just using the time line to implement like the original servers did.
https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999/comments/d8q3ze/green_server_progression_updates/

Issar
03-03-2020, 11:43 PM
There was a server reboot a night or two ago. There are also OS related patches that would eventually require the server to be rebooted. Not sure if we are running on a cluster, but the host OS's would need to be rebooted too for patches. If it's clustered though, it wouldn't impact the game server.