PDA

View Full Version : Noob Returner LF advice

Fry
02-28-2020, 02:43 PM
Coming back after years from Live&P99. 46 years old now. Just wanna know with our modern comms software and whatnot where the best places are to hook up with old timers like me who aren't emotionally retarded.

I want a guild/quality randoms that use VOIP regularly and don't have a problem with a noob asking lots of questions.

I want that sense of adventure that I've tried (and failed) to find in ALL other MMOs. I always end up coming back to EQ cos it floats my boat. But I'll be semi casual and just want some sound people around me.

Not here for the end game (yet) - just the journey.Taking suggestions on how best to network to this end. Ta

Annona
02-28-2020, 04:47 PM
You have two choices I think. Listen to what other people tell you or the best choice, pick a class, play the game, group while you level and make friends. It will work itself out over time.

Jungleberry
02-28-2020, 04:49 PM
You have two choices I think. Listen to what other people tell you or the best choice, pick a class, play the game, group while you level and make friends. It will work itself out over time.

I've done the group while you level and add people that were enjoyable to play with route. I would suggest this.

Fry
02-28-2020, 06:30 PM

ok fair enough. I see your point. Are guilds a thing though? Are you in one?

Frug
02-28-2020, 08:18 PM
Just wanna know with our modern comms software and whatnot where the best places are to hook up with old timers like me who aren't emotionally retarded.

And EQ is where you landed? Curious...

Smellybuttface
02-28-2020, 08:45 PM
where the best places are to hook up with old timers...

I think Grindr is your best bet

sycopata666
02-28-2020, 08:57 PM
Coming back after years from Live&P99. 46 years old now. Just wanna know with our modern comms software and whatnot where the best places are to hook up with old timers like me who aren't emotionally retarded.

I want a guild/quality randoms that use VOIP regularly and don't have a problem with a noob asking lots of questions.

I want that sense of adventure that I've tried (and failed) to find in ALL other MMOs. I always end up coming back to EQ cos it floats my boat. But I'll be semi casual and just want some sound people around me.

Not here for the end game (yet) - just the journey.Taking suggestions on how best to network to this end. Ta
Just remember best part of the travel are the travel, and so much decent guilds request you some minimal level to filter people who are going abandon the game after some days of nostalgia.
Join random teams, lvl up adventure is part of the game magic, why everquest request some minimal human interaction to succes in a team.