PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper Idea

Tarsonis
02-27-2020, 08:00 AM
For the Green server upon veli release.

1.) Upon first day of veli release give 1 or 2 month transfer to blue option for all accounts.

2.) After time limit has elapsed close transfer option. All transferred accounts and pixels are safe.

3.) If sleeper is awoke at any point from veli release (even within the transfer option window ) it is considered a player controlled server wipe / reset, all pixels and characters are wiped. Green server starts over.

Is it not lore that if the sleeper is awoke it destroys the world?

This might detract some guilds from waking the sleeper....although it might have the opposite effect and make them wake it immediately.

Thoughts?
Yes or no and why.

Cen
02-27-2020, 08:08 AM
That's actually a cool and funny idea. They'll never do it, but I liked it ;D

Pixels of course arent safe in any case though.. Green will start again so the Blue server is as much a trophy storage server as it is a beta or test server. I mean whats the difference between a deleted character and one you'll never play, touch, or use again?

Tarsonis
02-27-2020, 09:10 AM
I just though of something else to add to my idea.

Make sleeper's tomb PVP enabled so that anti-waker groups can engage/fight waker groups to save the world.

Duopggod
02-27-2020, 09:20 AM

Make sleeper's tomb PVP enabled so that anti-waker groups can engage/fight waker groups to save the world.

I highly approve of this.

Jean-Baptiste Cutting
02-27-2020, 09:27 AM

Ha, this would be fucking sweet lol.

DMN
02-27-2020, 09:40 AM
Ya. giving a bunch of man-toddlers the chance to deny people loot permanently just isn't good enough. They should be able to nuke everyone's characters, too.

Great idea.
https://i.imgur.com/75NSbRl.gif

BlackBellamy
02-27-2020, 10:25 AM
This might detract some guilds from waking the sleeper....although it might have the opposite effect and make them wake it immediately.

Thoughts?
Yes or no and why.

The great Baruch Spinoza once wrote that some urges are so primal that they cannot be held in check. Specifically, in his Principia Philosophiae Cartesianae he posits:

How can a man possibly resist the diabolical urge to press the button that could erase his very existence? Will his tortured mind give in to his uncontrollable desires? Can he withstand the temptation to push the button that even now beckons him ever closer? Will he succumb to the maddening urge to eradicate history? At the mere push of a single button? The beautiful shiny button? The jolly, candy-like button? Will he hold out? Can he hold out??

The answer to these last two questions of course is a resounding no.

Castle2.0
02-27-2020, 10:34 AM
Been discussed before. Best idea here:

Every time the 4 warders are killed, put an ever-increasing % chance to trigger Kerafym and then wipe the server in an epic scripted event where Kerayfym enters every zone and permadeaths every toon he kills.

This way, you never know when the server will end, but you know it will... one day.

It start at 1% and increase by 1% every time the 4 warders are killed.

People will have a chance to kill warders and get loot
Killing the warders matters
Server end-of-life is in the hand of players
No fixed time on end-of-life of server
We all go out in an epic apocalyptic wipe
When warders are being killed, people will want to be on killing them or seeing if Norrath ends

eqravenprince
02-27-2020, 11:24 AM
My idea is if you want sleeper reset, then you have to kill him. Guild that woke him will no longer get the drops that you can get pre waking the sleeper and they can no longer wake him.

Phatez
02-27-2020, 01:26 PM
What if.... we just don't wake him?

Relbaic
02-27-2020, 02:10 PM
What if.... we just don't wake him?

Because that's an idea that was never tossed around on blue :rolleyes:

Tarsonis
02-27-2020, 02:12 PM
I think it's a cool idea.
But I'll tell ya, within the first 10 minutes of veli release I'd hit the transfer button; I value my pixels, even if they go to dead blue server I'll still have them.

I'd like to think the Staff would entertain the idea of giving the player base the proverbial "Button" Yes someone will hit it, but think of all the glorious RnF it will create!

Should be far more salty then when Sleeper was woke on blue.

possiblyben
02-28-2020, 09:17 AM
The great Baruch Spinoza once wrote that some urges are so primal that they cannot be held in check. Specifically, in his Principia Philosophiae Cartesianae he posits:

The answer to these last two questions of course is a resounding no.

Space... MADNESS.

Picked
02-28-2020, 11:31 AM
I don't see what's so bad about getting rid of the sleeper script altogether and making him unable to be awakened. At least for a long period of time. People can't play as often as others. Giving everyone a good chance to experience the warders would be a lot of fun for everyone. What's so bad about having the warders up indefinitely?

Problem with people like me is I used to be able to play this game for hours on end once. I can't anymore. And it drives me away and gives me the feeling of none of this is worth it if I can't get to the end game and enjoy it. I've played this game so much I've been through the same things over and over and have yet to experience some of the best of the game. I know this is asking to have your cake and eat it too, but is it so bad that casuals eventually get a chance to experience part of this game they normally wouldn't be able to?

Been playing EQ since it released and I have yet to kill a warder in the game. I have seen almost every raid mob for the first 15 expansions and have yet to kill them because of the race to get to them, farm them enough times, then wake the sleeper so everyone else loses. I mean that's why these servers exists, to experience parts of the games we either didn't get to, or weren't able to, as well as relive some of our favorite experiences

Daldaen
02-28-2020, 12:02 PM
Make Sleepers Tomb a perma death zone.

Any deaths in ST instantly delete your character.

Tarsonis
02-28-2020, 12:24 PM
Make Sleepers Tomb a perma death zone.

Any deaths in ST instantly delete your character.

ohhh yes to this!

kjs86z
02-28-2020, 04:21 PM
cant wait til the sleeper is released asap on green and all the autists go reeeeeeeeeeeeee