PDA

View Full Version : Lets Power Level in Unrest with 40 people in zone!

Mordygan
02-26-2020, 03:06 AM
https://ibb.co/dm2tYbX

I guess its okay to form a power leveling party with 40 people in zone until it disrupts it enough to make camp groups log due to lack of mobs.

I'm guessing there is no other place in EQ to power level but high ZEM/population zones?

TomisFeline
02-26-2020, 04:26 AM
where the fuck you find this haggard ass image hosting provider? just link the image directly next time so people don't need all that bullshit and they can actually zoom. like this:

https://i.ibb.co/41T2rsC/EQ000031.png

title had promise, but execution was really lacking. best part of post was 'tankyou'

better luck next time, OP

Canelek
02-26-2020, 07:29 AM
Pillchasers?

Kohedron
02-26-2020, 09:42 AM
classic too bad close thread plz

shuklak
02-26-2020, 09:55 AM
Squeal Team sicks at it again!

Is anyone challenging them post merge?

BlackBellamy
02-26-2020, 10:16 AM
Squeal Team sicks at it again!

Is anyone challenging them post merge?

You mean are any other guilds powerleveling their alts in crowded ZEM zones? Sure, probably, I mean why not?

cd288
02-26-2020, 10:45 AM
Let me guess, you came here to complain instead of petitioning and actually getting something done about it

Jack N
02-26-2020, 11:11 AM
Any mob not engaged or directly and legally camped by another player is free to be tagged by anyone.

Chocolope
02-26-2020, 11:19 AM
fuck off snowflake

Mordygan
02-26-2020, 11:44 AM
where the fuck you find this haggard ass image hosting provider? just link the image directly next time so people don't need all that bullshit and they can actually zoom. like this:

https://i.ibb.co/41T2rsC/EQ000031.png

title had promise, but execution was really lacking. best part of post was 'tankyou'

better luck next time, OP

So you saw the image? You condone these actions and have nothing to add, got it.

Mordygan
02-26-2020, 11:47 AM
Let me guess, you came here to complain instead of petitioning and actually getting something done about it

Petitioned, never got feedback. Thanks. 4 power levelers in zone. 2 chars being power leveled, effectively starved MR group and CY groups out. I guess thats classic and within the Play Nice Policy.

Pretty sure I would have gotten back to within 3 hours from a GM. Classic.

Mordygan
02-26-2020, 11:49 AM
classic too bad close thread plz

Classic on Red 99.

Mordygan
02-26-2020, 11:55 AM
fuck off snowflake

Confirmed ST.

cd288
02-26-2020, 12:03 PM
Petitioned, never got feedback. Thanks. 4 power levelers in zone. 2 chars being power leveled, effectively starved MR group and CY groups out. I guess thats classic and within the Play Nice Policy.

Well then the MR group can record it and petition and the PLers will get in trouble. Maybe you can't solve it right then, but they will be disciplined later if you post in the petitions forum and can provide evidence. The yard is open season (unless they are taking so many mobs that it qualifies as a zone disruption), but PLers shouldn't be taking spawns from the MR camp.

Chocolope
02-26-2020, 12:14 PM
Cry less, FTE more.

TomisFeline
02-26-2020, 01:31 PM
So you saw the image? You condone these actions and have nothing to add, got it.

since you followed up with some clear confusion about what I was posting, I'd like to provide more info:

yes saw image

no do not condone the actions, because the evidence you provided was not enough to actually understand the situation and come to an informed decision with

and I said better luck next time because both your rant and your flame were lacking in the post. (Which, an increase in either would have made up for your lack of evidence of problematic behavior).

you are making good progress responding to people in the thread go - this could turn out as an ok starter rnf for you after all...)

TomisFeline
02-26-2020, 01:32 PM
go -> though

cd288
02-26-2020, 02:22 PM
since you followed up with some clear confusion about what I was posting, I'd like to provide more info:

yes saw image

no do not condone the actions, because the evidence you provided was not enough to actually understand the situation and come to an informed decision with

and I said better luck next time because both your rant and your flame were lacking in the post. (Which, an increase in either would have made up for your lack of evidence of problematic behavior).

you are making good progress responding to people in the thread go - this could turn out as an ok starter rnf for you after all...)

Yeah the pic shows nothing except two low levels, some corpses, and someone in wolf form standing nearby. Probably a PL, sure, but doesn't actually show that at all. Doesn't show them monopolizing the yard. Doesn't show them pulling camped mobs from the MR (or that there is even a group in the MR or anyone else in the yard). Pretty awful screenshot.

Spineripper
02-26-2020, 02:37 PM
Yeah the pic shows nothing except two low levels, some corpses, and someone in wolf form standing nearby. Probably a PL, sure, but doesn't actually show that at all. Doesn't show them monopolizing the yard. Doesn't show them pulling camped mobs from the MR (or that there is even a group in the MR or anyone else in the yard). Pretty awful screenshot.

Wow, I didnt know you have to dam near CSI Miami everything on Project1999 now. Sure just shout out if your going to powerlevel, and disrupt a zone, or train someone before you do it now. So I can get my OBS, fraps, maybe have my iphone all recording the screen at the same time. Then put in some NFL highlights on top showing what each player is doing, and then lastly I can maybe narrate the entire thing with a Morgan freeman voice changer.

I'm guessing that probably wouldn't be enough evidence still.......

Lordgordon
02-26-2020, 02:44 PM
Elite level power leveling by the top dawgz bro.

Gtfo of their zone peasant.

BurtMacklinFBI
02-26-2020, 02:52 PM

this guy gets it

Chocolope
02-26-2020, 03:07 PM

tru

indiscriminate_hater
02-26-2020, 03:13 PM
Possible courses of action:

1) Realize it's a free to play game and live with the reduced exp
2) Travel to one of the myriad other ones within this level range and avoid the issue
3) Cry about it like a little bitch

OP which one did you take? I didn't bother to look at the screenshot.

cd288
02-26-2020, 03:18 PM
Wow, I didnt know you have to dam near CSI Miami everything on Project1999 now. Sure just shout out if your going to powerlevel, and disrupt a zone, or train someone before you do it now. So I can get my OBS, fraps, maybe have my iphone all recording the screen at the same time. Then put in some NFL highlights on top showing what each player is doing, and then lastly I can maybe narrate the entire thing with a Morgan freeman voice changer.

Lol what?

So you think a GM should look at the screenshot OP posted and just believe that this is power leveling and they were disrupting the zone? Okay then, I'll come find you in game and take a screenshot of you killing something and say you're being PLed and causing zone disruption and see how you feel if you get banned solely based on that.

Stfu with this garbage comment. You need evidence of shit if you want people to take action. Not some random picture, that doesn't even show any chat log evidence, of an Ogre killing a mob.

El-Hefe
02-26-2020, 03:20 PM
Almost cut myself on all the edginess in this thread.

Bad form by the PLers. Yard PLing is fine in my opinion, but stay outta the house.

Tuurin
02-26-2020, 04:01 PM
I have no opinion about the original issue, as the SS doesn't really show anything other than dead mobs and howling dogs- aka business as usual in Unrest.

My question/comment is more about PL'ing in general- Is FFA PL'ing more or less acceptable than bard AoE leveling? They seem relatively the same to me- one person/small group taking a disproportionate amount of mobs for leveling purposes to the detriment of others who are trying to do the same. Why is one severely restricted (4 mobs at a time? lol) while the other can do whatever the F they want with no restriction? Primarily due to the difficulty in policing it? Or is there some other factor?

cd288
02-26-2020, 04:54 PM
I have no opinion about the original issue, as the SS doesn't really show anything other than dead mobs and howling dogs- aka business as usual in Unrest.

My question/comment is more about PL'ing in general- Is FFA PL'ing more or less acceptable than bard AoE leveling? They seem relatively the same to me- one person/small group taking a disproportionate amount of mobs for leveling purposes to the detriment of others who are trying to do the same. Why is one severely restricted (4 mobs at a time? lol) while the other can do whatever the F they want with no restriction? Primarily due to the difficulty in policing it? Or is there some other factor?

No, it's not acceptable. If someone is PLing in the Unrest yard and taking the vast majority of the spawns, petition and in my experience they will be told to stop. It's a zone disruption.

Chocolope
02-26-2020, 05:00 PM
No its not and no they wont. The rules are clearly defined. These tears are salty af.

cd288
02-26-2020, 06:08 PM
No its not and no they wont. The rules are clearly defined. These tears are salty af.

Who are you responding to lol

Wallicker
02-26-2020, 07:23 PM
I will say everything in photo looks like business as normal bc all dead mobs spawn ONLY in the yard. However, the lurking mummy that is being engaged only spawns within the house. Could be some foul play here, but puller should be waiting on spawns at spawn locs for MR group.

Bardp1999
02-26-2020, 08:01 PM
There was a Bard PLing in CoM one time on Blue that sent me flying into the deep end of triggered mental illness. PLing in popular group zones is about the worst EQ etiquette possible and I hope you and your computer catch a virus.

Eagleblooded
02-27-2020, 09:58 AM
steal team is full of morons, what do you expect lol

Gatorsmash
02-28-2020, 10:29 PM
Who the fuck goes to unrest and NOT think it's going to be a shit show?

Ranlron swiftsong
03-27-2020, 06:47 AM
Petitioned, never got feedback. Thanks. 4 power levelers in zone. 2 chars being power leveled, effectively starved MR group and CY groups out. I guess that's classic and within the Play Nice Policy.

OH man this brings me back years to how frustrated and angry I would get when I went to paludal caverns high-level area to kill recondite band its LVL 20 something and it was camped by a couple of power levelers. pulling the entire area.

It was best area and you could not find a group on live here because it was taken over, its so selfish.

I do agree its a dick move actually and maybe should be done elsewhere since its disruptive.

OuterChimp
03-27-2020, 08:41 AM
I'm sorry OP, I can only give you a 5 out of 10 for this R & F thread.

New ZEMs are going to throw everything into disarray for a little while. It's a MMO and it's something we have to deal with.

kaev
03-27-2020, 03:00 PM

Unrest is the new VP

Chubba
03-30-2020, 04:09 AM
Chocolope is at an extreme level of p99 eliteness where the only individual valuable to speak to is himself I believe.

Whether you can do it or not is kind of beside the point. There are plenty of things you can do which most would consider to be a dick move, doesn't mean because you can you should. Terrible argument.

One would assume "if" the druid is there pling it would be far easier for that individual and co to port to another spot, run there and pl at another location compared to say a newbie trying to do the same. Perhaps newbie came to unrest for groups and a chance at bronze I dunno.