PDA

View Full Version : Stein of Moggok faction question

DOSdaze
02-25-2020, 07:18 AM
I've tried researching this as much as possible, but I seem to be finding conflicting information. Hoping someone that has done the Exotic Drinks quest recently on Green might be able to help me out.

I was able to complete the quest all the way up to handing the Compendium to Clurg, but he just took it without saying anything. He was indifferent to me in DE illusion and using Alliance (but I'm not agnostic). What does Clurg need to con for this quest to work? Hate to spend another day gathering bits just to lose them again, I thought he would hand it back if I didn't have enough faction.

cd288
02-25-2020, 12:10 PM
Hmm strange. It could be the religion issue? Maybe that's docking you just enough that it's preventing the turn in from succeeding?

I did it with Agnostic and DE illusion just fine.

DOSdaze
02-25-2020, 03:28 PM
Yeah I figured I made a mistake with choosing a deity. 18 now, considering a re-roll with agnostic to avoid future pain.

bubur
02-25-2020, 06:18 PM
Indifferent is enough. Done a lot of these runs, even on a halfling who has ruined his clurg faction but can still use harmony and sneak. In that case, you couldn't mechanically achieve greater than indifferent, and it works

What I don't know is if indifferent has a range, and you need to reach "mid indifferent" but I have never heard of any quest in eq functioning like that

Did it accidentally go to the guard next to clurg?

Wallicker
02-25-2020, 07:00 PM
Did you accidentally mez or charm instead of alliance?

DOSdaze
02-25-2020, 07:50 PM
Appreciate the feedback everyone and confirmation on the faction. I must have been super tired when I tried last night because I logged back in today and found the Compendium in my bags. I thought for sure I checked them several times last night and didn't see it. I must have done something wrong, will try again tonight.

Crashking
02-26-2020, 06:29 AM
Appreciate the feedback everyone and confirmation on the faction. I must have been super tired when I tried last night because I logged back in today and found the Compendium in my bags. I thought for sure I checked them several times last night and didn't see it. I must have done something wrong, will try again tonight.

Curious how this turns out.. keep us posted.

Bigsham
02-26-2020, 04:17 PM
If you are not AIMABLE he will eat your compendium

cd288
02-26-2020, 04:52 PM
If you are not AIMABLE he will eat your compendium

This is incorrect

DOSdaze
02-27-2020, 06:25 AM
UPDATE: I was able to get my stein tonight. Apparently where I went wrong is I conned
apprehensive while in DE illusion using Alliance as a Quellious worshiping Erudite, not indifferent. I leveled to 20, and using Ogre/Benevolence got me to amiable. I would imagine agnostic chanters wouldn't have the same problem.

Posts dating back to the original 99-2001 days shows people talking about "low" and "high" indifferent, but not sure if that's still true since I went straight up to amiable after I got the upgraded spells.

TripSin
02-29-2020, 12:26 AM

...I thought he would hand it back if I didn't have enough faction.

Is that a thing in EverQuest? I thought all NPCs would just eat your stuff if you didn't have high enough faction.

DOSdaze
02-29-2020, 08:42 AM
Is that a thing in EverQuest? I thought all NPCs would just eat your stuff if you didn't have high enough faction.

Originally not that I remember, your stuff would just get eaten. The only reason I suspected I would get the item back was from reading old threads where people were trying without enough faction, and they were handed back the Compendium. To be clear, I didn't actually lose my Compendium; I either missed where it got placed in my bags or it somehow re-appeared in my bags after I logged back in the next day.

If I recall correctly (and I might not be) there was eventually an update that allowed you to get your items handed back if you turned them into the wrong people or the quest didn't work, but I don't remember the timeline.

Bigsham
02-29-2020, 07:21 PM
That was added past pop