PDA

View Full Version : New enchanter

yeah yeah
02-19-2020, 08:35 PM
Made a erudite enchanter. First time ever playing one.

Do I level up in Toxx? Or best to catch a boat and start in Queynos?

Trying to avoid going back and forth for spells, so hoping that most are in Queynos.

Any enchanters have some feedback for a newb?

Thx

Videri
02-19-2020, 08:46 PM
All of the level 1 and 4 spells will, in fact, be available in Qeynos. Starting at I think 8 or 12, you'll have to travel to far-off places like the Erudin library for certain scrolls. But no tedious back-and-forth.

Tox can work to 4 or 5. There are not many level 1 mobs, but there are some.

It also would work to go straight to Qeynos. There will probably be someone there who can bind you. Try the bank in South Qeynos - people passing through to turn in Splitpaw scrolls can bind you.

Qeynos is great. Newbie area, QHills including the rabid wolves/bears exp quest, Blackburrow and its gnoll fang exp quest, thugs and then smugglers in the aqueducts...lots of good stuff.

yeah yeah
02-19-2020, 09:01 PM
Thx Videri!

Velerin
02-19-2020, 09:50 PM
Just buy a bunch of tiny daggers before leaving. They don’t sell them in Qeynos.

Modwolf
02-20-2020, 10:34 AM
Just buy a bunch of tiny daggers before leaving. They don’t sell them in Qeynos.

Can't be stressed enough; unless you enjoy boat rides.

Stickyfingers
02-20-2020, 10:55 AM
Buy tiny daggers, summon your level 1 animation, find yourself a rusty scythe (or better yet a halberd), give it to the pet and go crazy. Will be level 4 or 5 in no time in either Toxx or Qey.

Swish
02-20-2020, 11:19 AM
Buy tiny daggers, summon your level 1 animation, find yourself a rusty scythe (or better yet a halberd), give it to the pet and go crazy. Will be level 4 or 5 in no time in either Toxx or Qey.

Scythe, halberd or 2h sword... the mecca for pets at low levels. Check vendors if you need an extra 1-2

cd288
02-20-2020, 12:26 PM
For spells, I think all of them should be available in any city with an Enchanter's guild up until level 8, where your pet spells start to be sold in Highkeep. Here and there there will be spells that you have to go to different cities for (ex. certain Enchanter illusions are only sold in Erudin, spells like Levitate are sold in cities with Druid guilds, some spells are from the Cleric guild (but most cities have Cleric guilds), etc.), but the Spells section of the Enchanter Wiki page has all that information.

For the pet spells, if I've had the coin I generally try and stop in HK on my way somewhere else to buy my next pet spell so I don't have to go back and get it later. Qeynos is a great area for leveling through the teens, but it can be tough for Enchanters because of this oddity where the tiny dagger regents for pet summoning aren't sold in Qeynos. Best advice if you want to level in the Qeynos area is load up a bag with the daggers and you should be good for awhile (at 12 you get Charm, so you can used a Charmed pet instead and therefore don;t need to use the tiny daggers, but note that it is unreliable through the early and mid teens as Charm breaks easier, so you might still want the Animation pet instead).

When I was high teens and low 20s in the Karanas, I would just bind there and meet Druids/Wizards in North Karana to port me to WC whenever I needed new spells or more tiny daggers. Make the quick run to FP, buy like 60 of 'em and Gate back and I'd be good for quite awhile.

Remember that your Animation pet can't be controlled. It doesn't attack until a mob has attacked you and after that you can't call it off. If you've been attacked by multiple mobs, once the first mob is dead it will attack the next one (which can be annoying when you're trying to crowd control). Usually what I did until Charm killing became more viable was to root the mob, DoT it, do some DD until I hit 51% of damage, and then walk over to the mob to let it try and hit me which sends the pet in to finish the rest. Enchanter pets can be squishy when the content you're doing starts to outlevel the level of pet spell that you have; i.e. if you're using your level 16 pet spell and you're level 19 so the content is generally higher level than your pet, you'll want to use Reclaim Energy to try and get the highest level pet you can for it's range (for example, the level 16 pet spell gives you a pet level 13-17, so if you're fighting level 17 mobs you want that level 17 pet otherwise it's gonna be pretty squishy)...so just consider your pet to determine it's level (read the Consider page on the Wiki which will tell you what messages apply to what level range compared to you) and Reclaim Energy and re-summon until you get that higher level pet.

charmcitysking
02-20-2020, 06:31 PM
is there any way to raise initial faction with Erudite clerics guild in order to trigger the bone chips quest? (starting Erudite enchanter here as well)

cd288
02-21-2020, 10:40 AM
is there any way to raise initial faction with Erudite clerics guild in order to trigger the bone chips quest? (starting Erudite enchanter here as well)

Are you not able to do the quest as is? I'd be surprised if your faction with them from day 1 isn't sufficient

charmcitysking
02-21-2020, 03:19 PM
Are you not able to do the quest as is? I'd be surprised if your faction with them from day 1 isn't sufficient

No I’m not - when I tell Lumi Stergnon that I want to be an acolyte of peace he tells me I haven’t proven myself enough yet and the next part of the quest (apparently getting a bone chips box?) won’t engage.

Same with the Bandit head lad - not worthy enough yet, quest won’t engage

cd288
02-21-2020, 03:47 PM
No I’m not - when I tell Lumi Stergnon that I want to be an acolyte of peace he tells me I haven’t proven myself enough yet and the next part of the quest (apparently getting a bone chips box?) won’t engage.

Same with the Bandit head lad - not worthy enough yet, quest won’t engage

Hmm weird I didn't know that was a thing for those quests for an Erudite. Figured any non-evil Erudite should be able to do them. I recommend going on the NPC's page on the wiki, it will say what factions they are a part of and you can click those factions and see what you can do to raise them.

At level 8, you get Alliance which you can cast on them to boost your faction standing with them temporarily which should allow you to do the turn in.

charmcitysking
02-22-2020, 06:24 AM
Hmm weird I didn't know that was a thing for those quests for an Erudite. Figured any non-evil Erudite should be able to do them. I recommend going on the NPC's page on the wiki, it will say what factions they are a part of and you can click those factions and see what you can do to raise them.

At level 8, you get Alliance which you can cast on them to boost your faction standing with them temporarily which should allow you to do the turn in.

Cool - thanks for the tip! 😎

Sacer
02-22-2020, 09:12 AM
I wouldn't do qeynos as a chanter, like cd288 said no tiny daggers plus you're so far away from highkeep to get your new pets and there is almost never anyone porting near that area.

Also don't underestimate what a max level animation can do for you, it will let you solo or duo with any class at a pretty fast pace and stay relevant until level 29 at least.

Charming is very tedious with the low mana pool/cha you get on green, you pretty much need a group to babysit you.

Personally I did Gfay on my chanter since Im a high elf, it was a smooth ride all along, you are still far from highkeep but at least finding a porter is very easy, and you can beg for free ports as a first character people are cool on green. Also crushbone is very good money if you sell some belts/shoulderpads.

Velerin
02-22-2020, 01:06 PM
Little strat to help with enc animation soloing most probably already know.. if you don’t want to risk taking hits, root mob and run around it. Then when pet paths by the mob will attack it. Good way to avoid hits/HTs etc with dumb pet.

TripSin
02-23-2020, 04:41 PM
How does Qeynos not have tiny daggers? That's effed up

Swish
02-23-2020, 09:42 PM
Charming with low charisma isnt easy, but when you hit 50(+) you'll be a better enchanter for it <3

cd288
02-23-2020, 10:49 PM
I wouldn't do qeynos as a chanter, like cd288 said no tiny daggers plus you're so far away from highkeep to get your new pets and there is almost never anyone porting near that area.

Also don't underestimate what a max level animation can do for you, it will let you solo or duo with any class at a pretty fast pace and stay relevant until level 29 at least.

Charming is very tedious with the low mana pool/cha you get on green, you pretty much need a group to babysit you.

Personally I did Gfay on my chanter since Im a high elf, it was a smooth ride all along, you are still far from highkeep but at least finding a porter is very easy, and you can beg for free ports as a first character people are cool on green. Also crushbone is very good money if you sell some belts/shoulderpads.

For ports you can just run to NK and send tells to Druids or Wizards. Most will happily come pick you up if you tell them youre at the ring/spires and offering a tip

Tuurin
02-24-2020, 01:35 PM
Scythe, halberd or 2h sword... the mecca for pets at low levels. Check vendors if you need an extra 1-2

Pro tip for min-maxers: sharpen that rusty Halberd and it'll increase the damage from 10 to 11 for maximum pet carnage. Sharpening stone costs a couple coppers.

Frug
02-24-2020, 01:53 PM
How does Qeynos not have tiny daggers? That's effed up

There was a rumor that a vendor in Qeynos had them, and there was one player who was convinced he bought some there; I forget which board he posted on, maybe stratics.

Sadly, he never provided proof.

But yeah, it's one of the absurd things that the "classic!" neckbeards insist on.

Frug
02-24-2020, 01:56 PM
Pro tip for min-maxers: sharpen that rusty Halberd and it'll increase the damage from 10 to 11 for maximum pet carnage. Sharpening stone costs a couple coppers.