PDA

View Full Version : Stop using the word "Classic" and posting patch timelines if your not using them.

Jeggred Baenre
02-18-2020, 10:19 PM
The summoned sword of runes was player usable. It didnt even get the proc vs summoned till OCTOBER 1999. The patch notes from live talking about this are on your own forum ffs.

So you launched green with the proc and then removed the proc in FEB almost 4 months later? what? So far as a causal player thats been here supporting you since day 1 launch on blue/red waiting to get to this point Ive seen: double spawn rates?, second server?, LISTS for contested items?, nerfed below classic levels ALL newbie exp quests turn in's?, and fuck all other things Im sure I have missed.

Clown show, this might as well be Big Bobs mod'd EQ basement server. And if you "fixed" some of this stuff how and plan on bringing it back within the timeline- how about using a keyboard to type it out so we know whats going on.

Asteria
02-19-2020, 05:47 PM
The summoned sword of runes was player usable. It didnt even get the proc vs summoned till OCTOBER 1999. The patch notes from live talking about this are on your own forum ffs.

So you launched green with the proc and then removed the proc in FEB almost 4 months later? what? So far as a causal player thats been here supporting you since day 1 launch on blue/red waiting to get to this point Ive seen: double spawn rates?, second server?, LISTS for contested items?, nerfed below classic levels ALL newbie exp quests turn in's?, and fuck all other things Im sure I have missed.

Clown show, this might as well be Big Bobs mod'd EQ basement server. And if you "fixed" some of this stuff how and plan on bringing it back within the timeline- how about using a keyboard to type it out so we know whats going on.

https://i.imgur.com/6LpPEaW.png

Some interesting topics for discussion though!

cd288
02-19-2020, 06:31 PM

Can't speak to the proc thing, maybe it was something they didn't realize or it was an oversight that they fixed once they realized (these are unpaid volunteers who have lives and full time jobs, they can make mistakes and oversights; stop acting like they are fully paid developers and you're therefore somehow entitled to perfection).

The faster spawn rates were extremely temporary and are gone now. They were instituted around launch when we had hundreds upon hundreds of people in every newbie area and lowbie zone. Servers in 1999 didn't have as many people on day 1, so it's not really a valid argument to say "well it didn't happen at launch in 1999 so it shouldn't happen here." If they hadn't upped the spawn rates for an extremely temporary period of time I bet you would have been on these forums bitching and moaning about how you can't find any mobs to kill.

The quest turn ins the staff said the previous values were not classic and they changed them to reflect actual classic values. Personally, I don't remember them being as low as they are and I'd like to see the staff provide a source to back up the claim, but at the same time it's not fair to rant about it and call it a completely non-classic change unless you have evidence of your own to back it up.

cd288
02-19-2020, 06:51 PM
I'm not a huge forum guy and I dont even know what email I used for my original character back at launch, in case people were wondering who the fuck is this guy.

I went to use the summoned sword of runes on the guy I started on Green (warrior) when I hit 20 yesterday and got a very non-classic message. I was pretty pissed and I dont even need them, just was looking forward to a cool little item from live launch - Kirbi from Kingdom gave me the executioners Axe while I was xp'ing in permafrost (good spot for a shout out)

This Green server has been a dumbster fire of non-classic fucking changes straight out of some poop-sockers basement server. Which I would be cool with if I didnt have to read the responses from a incredibly arrogant staff in these threads. If you are going to preach about how your doing it not for the people on the server but the love for "classic" while you hold your hands over your heart and the other on a original copy of the EQ manual- fucking make it classic -or- you know, just stfu.

Based on the timeline you cited in your OP, it sounds like the proc will go live in like 6-8 weeks. If you're having a shit fit meltdown over something like that on a 20 year old emulated server, you have unresolved issues.

I'm also not sure what your issue over the proc even is. Your OP complains about things not being classic, and your next comment is a complaint about how your sword won't proc before it's supposed to in the classic timeline. Wut

Bardp1999
02-19-2020, 07:09 PM
definitely need to nerf bone chip quest XP, but let's not worry about recharging items that literally break raid encounters or trivialize agro mechanics.

I made it to level 43 and threw in the towel this failed experiment... I will probably be back for Kunark though.

Jeggred Baenre
02-19-2020, 07:13 PM
Can't speak to the proc thing, maybe it was something they didn't realize or it was an oversight that they fixed once they realized (these are unpaid volunteers who have lives and full time jobs, they can make mistakes and oversights; stop acting like they are fully paid developers and you're therefore somehow entitled to perfection).

The faster spawn rates were extremely temporary and are gone now. They were instituted around launch when we had hundreds upon hundreds of people in every newbie area and lowbie zone. Servers in 1999 didn't have as many people on day 1, so it's not really a valid argument to say "well it didn't happen at launch in 1999 so it shouldn't happen here." If they hadn't upped the spawn rates for an extremely temporary period of time I bet you would have been on these forums bitching and moaning about how you can't find any mobs to kill.

The quest turn ins the staff said the previous values were not classic and they changed them to reflect actual classic values. Personally, I don't remember them being as low as they are and I'd like to see the staff provide a source to back up the claim, but at the same time it's not fair to rant about it and call it a completely non-classic change unless you have evidence of your own to back it up.

On the proc thing, it didn't even start to till OCT 99 and then went a year plus (I believe) and I'm very aware this a side project but it takes longer to patch something then it does to post a 5 min break down of things changed. Especially in today's world of phones nobody can ever say I didn't have the time to post an update.

I was here on launch day and couldn't get mobs lol, but that's how it was at launch on the live starter servers. It was a crowded mess the first week. Only reason you really had mobs to kill then was because the server would crash-patch and then restart and not everybody would be on.

I'm telling you right now- no fucking way those quest were that low and you cant change something because you have the "correct numbers" and when somebody calls bullshit- not post the info you based the change on but instead ask for counter info. That's what liars do. If you had the correct answer you would just post it, that's it. Not continuing the conversation by being vague like when I catch my kids lying about something.

The whole thing feels like different people are in change since Green kicked off.

baakss
02-19-2020, 07:26 PM
Yet another trite “not classic” manifesto.

Boring.

BlackBellamy
02-19-2020, 07:51 PM
Yet another trite “not classic” manifesto.

Boring.

I read that as a thank you for fixing the proc bug.

NegaStoat
02-19-2020, 11:32 PM

The low level quest exp changes was the main reason I found other things to play while periodically returning to Blue instead of diving into Green. Classic Everquest = playing with remembered values for experience from killing mobs AS WELL as completing quests. Period. It's as important as the value granted from the coin drop and what a merchant would offer you from your mob farming.

If the staff ever did blather out a line of "we were using the wrong values before and now they're right" - my personal experience from old retail Brell Serilis sharply conflicts with this, and so do 2000 era posts.

Kaladim Bone Chip Quest
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=366&p=4#comments

Kaladim Crushbone Belt Quest
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=294&p=4#comments

I clearly recall players using bone chips to reach a cheesy easy lvl 8 and CB belts to push 10-12 max when the returns became too harsh. I will agree that Blue 1999 DID have the values too high by a small degree, but Green's was tanked out of hand for a purpose other than keeping things classic.

And yet free Thex Daggers at lvl 1 were included. Green was a pick and choose environment of what was authentic and what wasn't. For the folks playing there and having a great time - more power to you and I'm glad that there's fun to be had.

El-Hefe
02-20-2020, 12:22 AM
https://imgur.com/OQDIn9P

Asteria
02-20-2020, 12:23 AM
The low level quest exp changes was the main reason I found other things to play while periodically returning to Blue instead of diving into Green. Classic Everquest = playing with remembered values for experience from killing mobs AS WELL as completing quests. Period. It's as important as the value granted from the coin drop and what a merchant would offer you from your mob farming.

If the staff ever did blather out a line of "we were using the wrong values before and now they're right" - my personal experience from old retail Brell Serilis sharply conflicts with this, and so do 2000 era posts.

Kaladim Bone Chip Quest

I clearly recall players using bone chips to reach a cheesy easy lvl 8 and CB belts to push 10-12 max when the returns became too harsh. I will agree that Blue 1999 DID have the values too high by a small degree, but Green's was tanked out of hand for a purpose other than keeping things classic.

And yet free Thex Daggers at lvl 1 were included. Green was a pick and choose environment of what was authentic and what wasn't. For the folks playing there and having a great time - more power to you and I'm glad that there's fun to be had.

Well said and I agree completely

Natewest1987
02-20-2020, 12:47 AM

Wait. They removed the proc ?

Kohedron
02-20-2020, 09:49 AM
I've never done this, but 0% chance I change my actions because of some pointless directive made by someone on the internet

Phaezed-Reality
02-20-2020, 09:57 AM
mads detected, please enter life raft to "fuck off back to blue"

thank you for your interest and remember, fuck off back to blue.

OuterChimp
02-20-2020, 10:20 AM
I rate this R&F thread Waahhh out of Not-classic.

Swish
02-20-2020, 11:12 AM
https://imgur.com/OQDIn9P

https://i.imgur.com/OQDIn9P.gif

Swish
02-20-2020, 11:12 AM
https://i.imgur.com/spBZKhz.gif

Swish
02-20-2020, 11:14 AM
https://i.imgur.com/y7W7Qmr.png

kaizersoze
02-20-2020, 11:30 AM
Sounds like you should just make your own emulated server and run it as classic as you can without forgetting any minor details, OP.

Bhairava
02-20-2020, 11:47 AM
i conseder everthing up to pla es of power to be classic, u cant tell me what words i can use.

are u boss of the dictionary lmao

Megalodon
02-20-2020, 12:04 PM
Wait. They removed the proc ?

That was his complaint, only person here who got it. Who knows? Did they? They did not? Is it a bug? Did he make a mistake?

That's the problem with zero communication when changes are made to a game server. You cant even report it as a bug. Maybe half that list is bugs nobody knows because nobody's told us what has changed and not changed

Doesn't matter they Banned OP permanently for bashing staff lol.

Puluin
02-20-2020, 12:16 PM
Wow are we not allowed to discuss topics in our own way? This is rants and flames after all.
Sure seems like the staff are getting a little too sensitive over this...

solleks
02-20-2020, 12:29 PM
So classics it's more classic than classic

Megalodon
02-20-2020, 12:33 PM
Wow are we not allowed to discuss topics in our own way? This is rants and flames after all.

Apparently not we had a good laugh about it. I mean I'm not sure what they expect the reaction to be

cd288
02-20-2020, 12:39 PM

Kaladim Bone Chip Quest

Not disagreeing with you, just saying that;s what Tellin said.

It's definitely frustrating that there's not much communication. Sometimes they'll explain the source for things, other times they won't. And a lot of changes (like this EXP nerf) aren't even communicated in any sort of patch notes or update post. That's what bothers me the most. Even if they didn't provide backup information, at least let us know a change was made (for example, there's still people daily on Green wasting valuable platinum on belts and then going wtf when they turn them in...I feel like it should be communicated to players when the staff makes changes that could affect decisions you make in game like what to camp or spend plat on).

aaezil
02-20-2020, 12:46 PM
Filed under mad/bad

Dolalin
02-20-2020, 12:46 PM
Are you referring to this?

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337220

Did the fix go live?

Asteria
02-20-2020, 01:42 PM
mads detected, please enter life raft to "fuck off back to blue"

thank you for your interest and remember, fuck off back to blue.

drugs/fragile ego? No offense meant, I'd like to write another essay for Psychology Today.

BlackBellamy
02-20-2020, 01:46 PM
Are you referring to this?

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337220

Did the fix go live?

Yes and he wasn't told about it so now we're all here.

Asteria
02-20-2020, 02:17 PM
So classics it's more classic than classic

Horza
02-20-2020, 02:20 PM

You must be new here.

Smellybuttface
02-20-2020, 02:26 PM
Damn, OP was banned from posting this thread? By RnF standards it was fairly tame. Was it because he mentioned the staff?

Natewest1987
02-21-2020, 01:57 AM
That was his complaint, only person here who got it. Who knows? Did they? They did not? Is it a bug? Did he make a mistake?

That's the problem with zero communication when changes are made to a game server. You cant even report it as a bug. Maybe half that list is bugs nobody knows because nobody's told us what has changed and not changed

Doesn't matter they Banned OP permanently for bashing staff lol.

Well... sucks for him because the proc still works lol

Bardp1999
02-21-2020, 05:11 AM
He didnt do anything too bad or his thread history would be nuked harder. Likely after feeling the flames here in RnF he took it to other areas of the forums where his quick wit and sharp ideas were not welcome, such as in server chat

RipVanFish
02-21-2020, 08:47 AM
Good riddance to a trash member of the community.

Mblake81
02-21-2020, 09:49 AM
Damn, OP was banned from posting this thread? By RnF standards it was fairly tame. Was it because he mentioned the staff?

[Greentext summons a Crushing Hand (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Bigby%27s_crushing_hand) on Jeggred!]

(one of the memorable parts of the books when Pharaun casts
a Rune shield on himself then manhandles a demon)

Mblake81
02-21-2020, 09:50 AM
[Greentext summons a Crushing Hand (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Bigby%27s_crushing_hand) on Jeggred!]

(one of the memorable parts from the books when Pharaun casts
a rune shield on himself then manhandles a demon)

Asteria
02-21-2020, 03:24 PM

(one of the memorable parts of the books when Pharaun casts
a Rune shield on himself then manhandles a demon)

Which books was that please? :)

Mblake81
02-21-2020, 04:49 PM
Which books was that please? :)

The War of the Spider Queen (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Spider_Queen) series. OP named himself after Jeggred Baenre (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Jeggred_Baenre). The wizard in the group, Pharaum Mizzrym (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Pharaun_Mizzrym), is the reference I was making.
Since the Priestesses have lost their magic due to "The Silence" of the Gods it left the wizards as some of the most powerful, as such he took to giving everyone shit
when he could.. especially the Draegloth. In one of the later books he finally talks enough shit where Jeggred loses it and attacks him.

With a pinch of diamond dust the protective rune (https://wiki.project1999.com/Rune_V) went up around his body blocking the claw attacks of Jeggred.
He slid on the glove he used throughout the books and took to throttling the demon with a large magic hand.

https://i.imgur.com/UbyssxY.jpg

Tethler
02-21-2020, 10:02 PM

Tame or not, staff bashing results in bans here. It's a line you don't cross if you enjoy keeping your account.

branamil
02-22-2020, 12:10 AM
p99, selectively classic™

Wonkie
02-22-2020, 12:39 AM
https://i.imgur.com/UbyssxY.jpg

books and wd-40. now that's a man :)

Horza
02-22-2020, 12:44 AM
Too bad that it's all Tom Clancy and licensed garbage.

Wonkie
02-22-2020, 12:46 AM

just noticed the booze 😍

Hyjalx
02-22-2020, 09:57 AM
The classic ship sailed many years ago. What's left is just someones idea of the game. And it's terrible.

Mblake81
02-22-2020, 12:09 PM
https://i.imgur.com/5TwlfVl.gif

BlackBellamy
02-22-2020, 12:46 PM
books and wd-40. now that's a man :)

Here's my book shelves, I just installed them last night.

https://imgur.com/yXrlcjt.jpg

Phaezed-Reality
02-22-2020, 01:20 PM

mom?

Smellybuttface
02-22-2020, 01:45 PM

Gin and “100 Amazing Facts about the Negro.”

Please don’t put anything else on those shelves lol. I’d like people to come in and only ever see just those two things on there. They deserve the entire shelf.

Horza
02-22-2020, 01:53 PM
Gin and “100 Amazing Facts about the Negro.”

This is Project 1999.

Bhairava
02-22-2020, 03:05 PM
https://i.imgur.com/5TwlfVl.gif

what a lovely gif..................

u pikced a real "CLASSIC" hahahahaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Bhairava
02-22-2020, 03:05 PM
lets convert tis tread into a posti 'a pic of ur bookshelf' thread

Horza
02-22-2020, 03:26 PM
My favorite book is a racist dog whistle. :confused:

DMN
02-22-2020, 03:56 PM

I can just imagine horza's dumb ass singing the old toostie roll song

The world looks mighty racist to me.
Cause racists are all I see.
Whatever it is i think I see
Becomes a dog whistle to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG75rYD151s

Bhairava
02-22-2020, 04:03 PM

post a pic of ur bookshelf. I want to check and make sure u dont have any secretly racist books too, or are u a hippocrite

Horza
02-22-2020, 04:10 PM
Come on now, even you two aren't that stupid. 100 Amazing Facts about the Negro?

Bhairava
02-22-2020, 04:25 PM
Come on now, even you two aren't that stupid. 100 Amazing Facts about the Negro?

J.A. Rogers was a black journalist. Whats racist about having a book written by an african-american about african-americans? r u trying to white wash black people out of literature?

Bhairava
02-22-2020, 04:26 PM
aslo ur assuming that mblake is white (?)

he might be any kind of POC of color, maybe mblake is a black man heself

Bhairava
02-22-2020, 04:28 PM
i meant black bellamy. even his name is 'black'??? do u think about this???????

Horza
02-22-2020, 04:37 PM
What would make a person think someone making jokes about the word negro in 2020 is possibly a racist? :confused:

Horza
02-22-2020, 04:39 PM
aslo ur assuming that mblake is white (?)

he might be any kind of POC of color, maybe mblake is a black man heself

https://i.imgur.com/0G1PBHd.gif

Bhairava
02-22-2020, 04:39 PM
What would make a person think someone making jokes about the word negro in 2020 is possibly a racist? :confused:

what was the joke? that he owns the book?

owning a book written in the 1950's by a black person is racist now?

u may need to take a break from the internet for a while, its giving u brain worms my man

Horza
02-22-2020, 04:43 PM
People that aren't edgy basement dwellers haven't used the word negro in about seventy years.

DMN
02-22-2020, 04:45 PM
People that aren't edgy basement dwellers haven't used the word negro in about seventy years.

How the fuck would you know?

Boomer?

Bhairava
02-22-2020, 04:53 PM

the guy who posted that didn't even write the word, little less say it. all he did was take a pic of a book he owns.

so ill ask again, what offends u? that he owns a book wiretten by a black person?

can u even articulate why u are bothered by it? or is horza the npc going to respond with another cringe gif

Horza
02-22-2020, 04:54 PM
It's common knowledge that negro was phased out in the 60s and 70s and replaced with less outdated terms like black of African American.

Horza
02-22-2020, 04:55 PM
That should read or African American.

Horza
02-22-2020, 04:57 PM
the guy who posted that didn't even write the word, little less say it. all he did was take a pic of a book he owns.

so ill ask again, what offends u? that he owns a book wiretten by a black person?

can u even articulate why u are bothered by it? or is horza the npc going to respond with another cringe gif

Why are you afraid to defend using 'negro' on your real account? :D

Bhairava
02-22-2020, 04:58 PM
It's common knowledge that negro was phased out in the 60s and 70s and replaced with less outdated terms like black of African American.

and that has what to do with a book written in the 50's?? Is he supposed to burn it now because it has a 'forbidden' word on the cover?

do you even know what the book is? its not demeaning to black people at all, it is a book praising interesting things about black people written by a black guy lol

Bhairava
02-22-2020, 04:59 PM
dont worry black people, horza, an exteremly lame white liberal on the internet will defend u from your own books and words

Horza
02-22-2020, 05:01 PM
I just think it's interesting that out of the many books he could have shared with us, he picked the one with what is now considered a racial slur in the title.

Mblake81
02-22-2020, 05:03 PM

https://i.imgur.com/FxiCykE.jpg

SSN was also a computer game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EoiWblZYIA)

Bhairava
02-22-2020, 05:07 PM
still waiting for a pic of horza's "bookshelf" so we can learn about the enlightened and progressive books he reads

maybe he doesnt want us to see his collection of cowboy romance novels

DMN
02-22-2020, 05:10 PM
I just think it's interesting that out of the many books he could have shared with us, he picked the one with what is now considered a racial slur in the title.

You are such a dumb ass. one of my profs in grad school referred to himself as "negro". The only people who think it's offensive are ignorant fucks like you.

Horza
02-22-2020, 05:15 PM
I don't think it's particularly offensive compared to some of the slurs I've seen on this forum, just woefully out of date.

Bhairava
02-22-2020, 05:19 PM
'wow this book from 70 years ago has words that people used 70 years ago on it'

btw whose alt account do u think i am horza, im cruious

also show ur books

Wonkie
02-22-2020, 05:22 PM
Dino is just trolling he doesn't mean it

Horza
02-22-2020, 05:27 PM
Dino is just trolling he doesn't mean it

That or he just woke up from the 1960s like that one Woody Allen movie.

Phaezed-Reality
02-22-2020, 05:31 PM
highly suggest without remorse by tom clancy, another one of the classics.

Madae
02-22-2020, 05:51 PM
I don't know where this thread has steered off to, but I just wanted to say that I have some pretty good memories about that sword. They were given away, or dropped from mobs, during a story event way back in the day that was held in Kithicor on my server (Mithaniel Marr). Good vs evil epic showdown that resulted in the zone lagging out, everyone bitching and moaning, and the GM's getting so irritated with it that they just decided to go around death touching people. Good times.

Horza
02-22-2020, 06:02 PM
I don't know where this thread has steered off to

DMO members telling us that it's perfectly acceptable to refer to someone as a negro in 2020.

Phaezed-Reality
02-22-2020, 06:17 PM
DMO members telling us that it's perfectly acceptable to refer to someone as a negro in 2020.

where do you see that, lol.

Horza
02-22-2020, 06:39 PM
https://i.imgur.com/aUDk4pi.png

Horza
02-22-2020, 06:56 PM
No gods and no masters, my sockpuppet friend.

Bhairava
02-22-2020, 08:04 PM
in my opinion as a poc of color of cuorse

Gatorsmash
02-23-2020, 10:46 AM
'wow this book from 70 years ago has words that people used 70 years ago on it'

btw whose alt account do u think i am horza, im cruious

also show ur books

Hey paint chips-

...its the combo of just a bottle of "gin" and the single book on 3? Bookshelves.

So do the swords still work? Or just pets only now? What's going on in this thread?

Gatorsmash
02-24-2020, 05:20 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3090004&posted=1#post3090004

You know maybe if that giant gap of silence was filled with communication maybe guys wouldn't freak out~

/since your going to get complaints no matter what you do, but nobody says thank god we dont know