PDA

View Full Version : Maangchi, Unrest basement XP hoarder.

cheefpoker
02-18-2020, 04:00 PM
Maangchi of Akatsuki... I mean wow LOL.

So what's y'all's take on this:

One cleric sits in Unrest basement and only lets in one tank to his party. Leaving 4 open slots for the party. THEN he locks out anyone who wants to join because he doesn't want anyone else to take away from HIS xp. How is this fair to the rest of the server? We're all here for XP.

I get it, your camp, your rules I guess. But what a crappy thing to instill upon the rest of the people who are in zone LFG who are within level range. Now they're just sitting at zone line contemplating wtf to do now with their time because Maangchi, the bottom-feeding Unrest Basement dweller is hogging the camp for only him and one other person of his choosing.

Just wanted to hear everyone's opinion on this. Do you condone this? Or do you disprove?

Bondrake
02-18-2020, 04:09 PM
Sounds like someone who hates his life and reality. Probably raised by 1 parent who wasn't a good parent at all. Just wanting to spread his angry on others and try to make their lives shitty as well. He's probably below average looking also and can't get laid.

kjs86z
02-18-2020, 04:11 PM
op voted for bernie

Kohedron
02-18-2020, 04:12 PM
Not his problem that people are waiting hours for an open spot. It's mind numbing to me that people decide to wait for hours for one camp instead of just doing something else. But oh right this is Green where if you're not not-classic /listing some pointless item or afk for half of your Saturday waiting for the 100% most efficient group ever, you're 'wasting time'.

indiscriminate_hater
02-18-2020, 04:13 PM
Welfare exp NOW

KingOrkish
02-18-2020, 04:14 PM
3/10 Rant; 0/10 Flame. No screenies or logs, just an asshurt who didn't get Unrest XP this day. Do better.

cheefpoker
02-18-2020, 04:18 PM
3/10 Rant; 0/10 Flame. No screenies or logs, just an asshurt who didn't get Unrest XP this day. Do better.

Make sure you wash your hands after you fap dude.

Horza
02-18-2020, 04:19 PM
op voted for bernie

Soon enough, friend.

cheefpoker
02-18-2020, 04:20 PM
Not his problem that people are waiting hours for an open spot. It's mind numbing to me that people decide to wait for hours for one camp instead of just doing something else. But oh right this is Green where if you're not not-classic /listing some pointless item or afk for half of your Saturday waiting for the 100% most efficient group ever, you're 'wasting time'.

Re-read. There are 4 open spots but he refuses to fill them and let anyone else XP in the group.

cheefpoker
02-18-2020, 04:21 PM
op voted for bernie

Voting is the act of begging for scraps of what's already been stolen from us. :D

Kohedron
02-18-2020, 04:24 PM
Re-read. There are 4 open spots but he refuses to fill them and let anyone else XP in the group.
Open spot as in the group is willing to fill a spot. Oh right, this guy is supposed to give out free EXP at his own expense, I forgot. You right my man.

cheefpoker
02-18-2020, 04:29 PM
Open spot as in the group is willing to fill a spot. Oh right, this guy is supposed to give out free EXP at his own expense, I forgot. You right my man.

If players are putting the work and not just sitting there, how is it Free XP/leeching again? Based on what you're saying, EVERY party should be a duo? Pls explain.

kjs86z
02-18-2020, 04:35 PM
If players are putting the work and not just sitting there, how is it Free XP/leeching again? Based on what you're saying, EVERY party should be a duo? Pls explain.

he doesn't need you to hold down the spawns he is camping, therefore adding you would do nothing but diminish his xp / hour

sorry op but you just need to find another spot in this situation

also try reading some ayn rand while you're waiting to get your spot in a xp group in the highest ZEM locations on your path to 50

KingOrkish
02-18-2020, 04:36 PM
Yeah, duo XP is potent af. Why feed other mouths that you don't need? If you can hold a camp w/ you and a buddy, why not? You sound mad cuz you sat at the ZL LFG instead of going and getting some XP.

Make sure you wash your hands after you fap dude.

I used to, but my hands started drying out from washing them too often, really made my extremely frequent fapping sessions much less enjoyable. Thanks for the tip tho <3

cheefpoker
02-18-2020, 04:37 PM
he doesn't need you to hold down the spawns he is camping, therefore adding you would do nothing but diminish his xp / hour

also try reading some ayn rand while you're waiting to get your spot in a xp group in the highest ZEM locations on your path to 50

Pretty sure ive been staring at the same mobs under garanel for over an hour now....they arent keeping the entire camp clear LOL. So good effort, nice try.

Next!

cheefpoker
02-18-2020, 04:42 PM
I guess there are 2 types of people/players. Logical, reasonable people. And then there are irrational, greedy people. Can't change that!

Thanks for the input.

NachtMystium
02-18-2020, 04:44 PM
OP is mad that someone is duoing a camp... where is the problem? 0/10

Kohedron
02-18-2020, 04:47 PM
OP is changing the story to fit his narrative, he could work for Fox news

cheefpoker
02-18-2020, 04:49 PM
OP is changing the story to fit his narrative, he could work for Fox news

Show me where I changed my story? LOL what?

Some of you guys, sheesh, got some voids to fill I see. Whatever helps guys. I'm here for y'all <3

Zeboim
02-18-2020, 05:09 PM
What I'm wondering is how much of the Basement you can actually clear if you've got just a cleric and a tank?

If he's in the basement, take your buds and grab fatty room. If he's in fatty, grab the basement. They're separate camps. He can't claim all of it and there's no way they're clearing the full thing.

cheefpoker
02-18-2020, 05:14 PM
What I'm wondering is how much of the Basement you can actually clear if you've got just a cleric and a tank?

If he's in the basement, take your buds and grab fatty room. If he's in fatty, grab the basement. They're separate camps. He can't claim all of it and there's no way they're clearing the full thing.

Oh man way ahead of you, camping the ghost on my main so I can pass the boots to the tank in his party so he won't get to roll on em. The tank in his party is very neutral on the situation and I dont blame him.

Best part is the cleric (Maangchi) has GEB's but wants the Dwarf in party who has Bronze boots to roll on the dwarven work boots. He wont default the upgrade to the guy who is carrying him thru his XP. So not only is he XP greedy, he's loot greedy too. What a guy.

cd288
02-18-2020, 05:16 PM
Maybe he's kind of an ass for doing this, but certainly not an RnF-worthy ass. Technically, your post is somewhat of the pot calling the kettle black if you look at it this way: he's trying to min/max his EXP per hour by doing this, and you're trying to min/max your EXP per hour by playing in a high ZEM zone.

The Unrest basement isn't the only place you could be, but you want that ZEM bonus. Don't rag on someone for min/maxing their EXP when you're essentially doing the same thing by focusing on Unrest and not going somewhere else without a ZEM.

cd288
02-18-2020, 05:17 PM
Oh man way ahead of you, camping the ghost on my main so I can pass the boots to the tank in his party so he won't get to roll on em. The tank in his party is very neutral on the situation and I dont blame him.

It's funny how you leave the tank alone when you should be just as annoyed at them. The tank could easily say "I think this is a rude move by you so I'm not grouping unless you let more people in"

I've seen people do that before. The tank is perpetuating the issue you're so infuriated about lol

DMN
02-18-2020, 05:19 PM
My merbs,
My merbs,
My merbs are on fiah.

BlackBellamy
02-18-2020, 05:38 PM
I'm going to get into the HHK goblin group, eventually become leader, then kick everyone out and invite my two lv 50 buddies who will powerlevel me. I'm sure we can keep that basement clear.

cheefpoker
02-18-2020, 05:41 PM
Maybe he's kind of an ass for doing this, but certainly not an RnF-worthy ass. Technically, your post is somewhat of the pot calling the kettle black if you look at it this way: he's trying to min/max his EXP per hour by doing this, and you're trying to min/max your EXP per hour by playing in a high ZEM zone.

The Unrest basement isn't the only place you could be, but you want that ZEM bonus. Don't rag on someone for min/maxing their EXP when you're essentially doing the same thing by focusing on Unrest and not going somewhere else without a ZEM.

This has been the most effective and constructive criticism. THIS is what I was looking for. TY sir.

cheefpoker
02-18-2020, 05:43 PM
It's funny how you leave the tank alone when you should be just as annoyed at them. The tank could easily say "I think this is a rude move by you so I'm not grouping unless you let more people in"

I've seen people do that before. The tank is perpetuating the issue you're so infuriated about lol

This is just the tank for the day. If I were him I'd probably be hush about it too. Maang would just replace him with the next tank in line if he did that. But I feel you though on your point. Thank you for that.

KingOrkish
02-18-2020, 06:21 PM
This is just the tank for the day. If I were him I'd probably be hush about it too. Maang would just replace him with the next tank in line if he did that. But I feel you though on your point. Thank you for that.

So you would be complicit as long as you were receiving the benefits of said XP hoarding, but its wrong for someone else to do it? Not making much sense here OP. Rant failed, drugs are bad.

Zoggren
02-18-2020, 06:28 PM

I tried slugging through some Rand. Boring writer, and I laugh at all the libtards that push through her stupid books. She also died on welfare, so there's that. Did I mention that libtard actually stands for libertarian retard? How's that grab you!

Zoggren
02-18-2020, 06:31 PM
Also that cleric is a jerk. Train him over and over again on a throwaway account until he leaves.

Horza
02-18-2020, 06:35 PM
I tried slugging through some Rand. Boring writer, and I laugh at all the libtards that push through her stupid books. She also died on welfare, so there's that. Did I mention that libtard actually stands for libertarian retard? How's that grab you!

The rape scene on the train in The Fountainhead is really something else.

Zoggren
02-18-2020, 07:34 PM
The rape scene on the train in The Fountainhead is really something else.

She had to use cheap controversy to get attention for her novels. Oddly enough I read this book in the 90's before I had any kind of political education, so I didn't understand some of the ideas that I would understand better now.

Smellybuttface
02-18-2020, 08:28 PM
Here’s a question. When our most valuable commodity in life is time, is it wrong for the Cleric to try and maximize the use of his at the cost of you not being able to do the same?
A legitimate question. If the tables were turned, and you were getting amazing exp in a duo down there, would you want to jeopardize that just because more people want in on the action? Think about it honestly.

Also, what class are you? I’m never too motivated to add a hybrid with a high exp penalty to a group if it would be a big negative hindrance on the rest of the party.

Vallyx
02-18-2020, 08:35 PM
OP cries because someone wants to duo for better xp. Stop sucking.

Wonkie
02-18-2020, 08:43 PM
You should contest the dry bone skeletons

Madbad
02-18-2020, 11:00 PM
tl;dr op is a bitch

Natewest1987
02-18-2020, 11:10 PM
I mean. I haven’t gotten to read the juicy responses to this whining yet, but come on, that’s just the way the cookie crumbles. However he can’t take the entire basement, so what you should have done instead of making this post was to setup a group on the other side of the basement. People like him aren’t going to be ok with only half of something they think is theirs. Eventually he would have left.

Natewest1987
02-18-2020, 11:22 PM

LOL we all read that part.

Sacer
02-18-2020, 11:24 PM
People like him aren’t going to be ok with only half of something they think is theirs. Eventually he would have left.

"People like him" what do you mean by that, what this guy did is perfectly normal and I don't understand why you would assume he would claim mobs he's not killing.

What he should have done is go solo/duo what's is left untouched and share basement happily. The other guy shouldn't care as long as you don't train him and don't pull the mobs he's killing.

By trying to push him out of his camp you would be the jerk.

TheDudeAbides
02-18-2020, 11:44 PM
This server is so ridiculously broken

The game is too old to sustain the modern autistic gamer

Natewest1987
02-19-2020, 12:22 AM
"People like him" what do you mean by that, what this guy did is perfectly normal and I don't understand why you would assume he would claim mobs he's not killing.

What he should have done is go solo/duo what's is left untouched and share basement happily. The other guy shouldn't care as long as you don't train him and don't pull the mobs he's killing.

By trying to push him out of his camp you would be the jerk.

I didn’t necessarily mean it in a derogatory way - I did side with the cleric after all. But if you are in that clerics position, you’re going to notice when the drops due to increased traffic. Also kind of assuming that if they were duo’ing that spot then they were probably at the higher end of the camps level range. At some point that cleric could come to realize that there is more efficient xp somewhere else and do that instead, especially if they need as many blues as possible to make it worth it.

Bhairava
02-19-2020, 01:06 AM
The game is too old to sustain the modern autistic gamer

Asteria
02-19-2020, 01:08 AM
darn it, Maangchi!! you've hurt the community :(

Asteria
02-19-2020, 01:11 AM
Voting is the act of begging for scraps of what's already been stolen from us. :D

Your pie looks better than mine, new lawyer pls for more apple pie 4 meee! :p

BlackBellamy
02-19-2020, 01:43 AM
When our most valuable commodity in life is time,

If that was true we wouldn't spend it jerking into our cumboxes as we tell the the others the book was not up. Our most valuable commodity is love, which is why we hoard it so. If we spent a little bit of it these fucking threads would dry up and fly away and then we could all sit in Unrest and share the beetles.

shuklak
02-19-2020, 03:20 AM
Hate is the fuel that keeps you logging in though.

Tethler
02-19-2020, 04:30 AM
It's a frustrating situation, but the cleric isn't wrong either. If they are killing the mobs that they are claiming, that demonstrates the group has the required strength to hold the camp without needing extra warmbodies.

I had a similar situation in MM 2 days ago. My brother and I duo'ing graveyard and pulling from pit below CE also. There's a group at pond pulling canyon already, there's a group at CE already, and there is another duo at tower/caitliff. We're already keeping down all the mobs available to us without pulling mobs over the top of other surrounding groups, but like 5 people showed up and got salty we didn't invite them. /shrug

TomisFeline
02-19-2020, 04:34 AM

above said it best re: what happened in game.

as far as rnf goes, this is a big flop. how do you rate a thread no stars?

deadleaf
02-19-2020, 02:11 PM
Doesn’t seem any different than a level 50 camping for loot. It might kinda suck but really there are plenty of places to get exp. I personally don’t wait any more than 30 minutes for camp or group then move on. Gets you eco and more enjoyment instead of sitting all day doing nothing and getting your panties in a bunch.

Smellybuttface
02-19-2020, 03:42 PM
I wish there was more incentive in classic to add group members. It's only a bonus of 2% per group member added. In later expansions, they made an update that upped the % considerably to entice max groups:

"As it stands in EverQuest, groups gain a 2% to 20% experience bonus, which we refer to as the "group bonus", for having two to six members. In practice, however, this has never been much of a bonus, even in the case of a full group, given that the experience was already being divided six ways.

As of this update, groups now gain 20% to 80% "group bonus" experience for having two to five members.

Full, six-person, groups now see an additional bonus. Their experience is only divided five ways, yet they still gain the 80% "group bonus." For those who think in terms of pie charts, it amounts to a larger piece of a larger pie. "

Sadly, this is not the case on P99.

Asteria
02-19-2020, 04:03 PM
I wish there was more incentive in classic to add group members. It's only a bonus of 2% per group member added. In later expansions, they made an update that upped the % considerably to entice max groups:

"As it stands in EverQuest, groups gain a 2% to 20% experience bonus, which we refer to as the "group bonus", for having two to six members. In practice, however, this has never been much of a bonus, even in the case of a full group, given that the experience was already being divided six ways.

As of this update, groups now gain 20% to 80% "group bonus" experience for having two to five members.

Full, six-person, groups now see an additional bonus. Their experience is only divided five ways, yet they still gain the 80% "group bonus." For those who think in terms of pie charts, it amounts to a larger piece of a larger pie. "

Let's all RP deeply in groups(and talk about how much our family hates this game and is ready to disown us any day now) to bring the classic vanilla full group back into the mainstream and Make Norrath Great again!!

https://i.imgur.com/csJMrRL.gif

cd288
02-19-2020, 04:32 PM

This is a non-classic change I would support. Maybe not as high as 80%, but something better than what we have now. Not because we want to level faster but to avoid situations like this and incentivize those people to be more inclusive.

Zeboim
02-20-2020, 04:19 PM
You know, I went and checked this out today.

I'm fine with somebody sticking to a duo and hoarding a camp... if they're actually clearing it.

The problem with Maangchi and his pet is that they hoard the basement camp defensively, don't let anyone else in and then leave the place at almost full pop. I watched it for a while and I think they maybe managed to clear 1/4th of the mobs at a time. That really is kind of a waste considering that's one of the top 3 xp camps in the game for level 30-35. Not against the rules or anything, but certifiably dickish imo.

cheefpoker
02-20-2020, 05:33 PM
You know, I went and checked this out today.

I'm fine with somebody sticking to a duo and hoarding a camp... if they're actually clearing it.

The problem with Maangchi and his pet is that they hoard the basement camp defensively, don't let anyone else in and then leave the place at almost full pop. I watched it for a while and I think they maybe managed to clear 1/4th of the mobs at a time. That really is kind of a waste considering that's one of the top 3 xp camps in the game for level 30-35. Not against the rules or anything, but certifiably dickish imo.

THANK YOU!!!!!! I rest my case.

All the rest of you toxic cunts can go die in a tire fire.

enjchanter
02-20-2020, 05:41 PM
Just watch what mobs they actually manage to kill then start killing the other mobs that they dont touch.

Laugh at em while they complain

YendorLootmonkey
02-20-2020, 05:43 PM
Not against the rules or anything, but certifiably dickish imo.

So is letting them have the main room (assuming that's where they are set up) and setting up your group past the fake wall and the dark terror spawn, and pulling everything from there to the named.

cheefpoker
02-20-2020, 06:03 PM
So is letting them have the main room (assuming that's where they are set up) and setting up your group past the fake wall and the dark terror spawn, and pulling everything from there to the named.

Yeah go try it. He will piss and moan and say its camped then when you ignore him he will contact an officer in your guild telling them that you are KSing his camp.

It's all good. I have plenty of alts to level and when he is too high for unrest ill just lvl the pally again. EZ fix.

enjchanter
02-20-2020, 06:17 PM
Just fraps it

YendorLootmonkey
02-20-2020, 10:13 PM
Yeah go try it. He will piss and moan and say its camped then when you ignore him he will contact an officer in your guild telling them that you are KSing his camp.

It's all good. I have plenty of alts to level and when he is too high for unrest ill just lvl the pally again. EZ fix.

He can piss and moan all he wants. When camps are contested, he has to choose what room he wants to camp. Ask FP camp in Unrest how many times they have to give up Bar Room or Magi when someone forces their hand on a crowded night. Does it suck? Yes. Is that player/group a dick for moving in on spawns not in the FP camp and not in LOS of the FP camp but can generally be held down by the FP camp? Maybe. Would I do it? No.

If it were a full group camping basement, I get it. I wouldn't infringe on a player-recognized camp.

But if he's being a dick by shutting people out of one of the best XP spots in the game for that level by duoing instead of being inclusive, game on.

If he petitions, a guide will make him choose what room he wants to camp.

If he posts an RNF here, elf court will rule no rules were broken. If evidence is presented that he was duoing and is probably just getting high green XP from most of the mobs, elf court will not be kind to him.

If your guild leadership will not support you following the rules and would rather you be a doormat, find a better guild.

Tethler
02-20-2020, 11:39 PM
All the rest of you toxic cunts can go die in a tire fire.

This sounds like a rather toxic statement to me, and at least marginally cunty. What's that saying about glass houses...

Benanov
02-21-2020, 10:42 AM
If he posts an RNF here, elf court will rule no rules were broken.

Yeah, OP. You have rights to camps - better call Ramal!

Evets
02-21-2020, 01:31 PM
Just move down to the hallway and pull every mob that isn't in the main camp room .. he can claim LOS not the whole baselement

YendorLootmonkey
02-21-2020, 01:33 PM
Yeah, OP. You have rights to camps - better call Ramal!

See, you already have high INT attorneys specializing in elf law waiting to represent you in the inevitable RNF thread.

derpcake2
02-21-2020, 01:38 PM
See, you already have high INT attorneys specializing in elf law waiting to represent you in the inevitable RNF thread.

Any red lawyer would solve this before it went to court.

derpcake2
02-21-2020, 01:38 PM
Amicably, of course.

cheefpoker
02-21-2020, 01:45 PM
I think the scumbag hit 40 today. Unrest basement completely open now.

YendorLootmonkey
02-21-2020, 01:54 PM
I think the scumbag hit 40 today. Unrest basement completely open now.

I've had people in a level 28-35 group replace themselves with a level 41 before.

"My healer replacement is here... good luck guys!"

"Gee, thanks."

djleoncio
02-21-2020, 03:07 PM
Amazing bro

Rokkeb
02-21-2020, 11:05 PM
This is a non-classic change I would support. Maybe not as high as 80%, but something better than what we have now. Not because we want to level faster but to avoid situations like this and incentivize those people to be more inclusive.

I agree. I'm playing on blue and its extremely lowbie starved right now, but you have people who will refuse to group past 2 in a group. It's a pretty big bummer to go to unrest or oasis crocs or something and there's only 3 people in the zone, and 2 of them are grouped up and in your level range but they won't let you join them.

gherron
02-22-2020, 07:27 AM
If he petitions, a guide will make him choose what room he wants to camp.

Be aware that this is not necessarily true. Guides don’t actually follow those rules and it seems like their rulings are hardly consistent (says so in the wiki and had a personal experience).

I guess having guides is better than not having them?

Wallicker
02-22-2020, 09:03 AM
Good now a cleric I can duo with in 40+ range

Waedawen
02-22-2020, 02:22 PM
I remember teaching some people from Akatsuki how to do unrest basement a couple of months ago. Renren, some dwarf paladin, a couple other people. I had to literally convince them to join my pickup group, and then convince them and coax them into actually taking a "risk" quote unquote and try to get xp.

They never left that place until they were level 44.

Glean from that what you will.

Waedawen
02-22-2020, 02:24 PM
Also if that dude was holding down the camp with him and his boy then you better lace up those fucking Nikes and hit the road dude.

If mobs are dead, it's camped. Fucking period. This fucking "line of sight" absolute fucking nonsense got invented last fucking week and is the most braindead retarded shit ever thought of.

Magerin
02-22-2020, 04:03 PM
When I get leadership of a group or make a group, Im picky about who im inviting. I hate people who can hardly play their class being in my group afk half the time. If this guy is the same way by making the most of the exp an hour so he doesnt have to stay in unrest for 3 weeks to get 40ish, by all means, do it. I dont blame him. It really sucks to get 50s or 60 clerics who suck at their but ask for a free ride because they have the ability to cast Cheal.

Widan
02-23-2020, 09:02 AM
That's the Japanese guild, most of them can barely string two English words together. Just leapfrog them and take what mobs you want, what are they gonna do, petition in Japanese??

gherron
02-23-2020, 08:42 PM
That's the Japanese guild, most of them can barely string two English words together. Just leapfrog them and take what mobs you want, what are they gonna do, petition in Japanese??

Most of them can do conversational English. Considering that the “conversations” are in text that’s also impressive.

cheefpoker
02-24-2020, 09:59 AM
Also if that dude was holding down the camp with him and his boy then you better lace up those fucking Nikes and hit the road dude.

If mobs are dead, it's camped. Fucking period. This fucking "line of sight" absolute fucking nonsense got invented last fucking week and is the most braindead retarded shit ever thought of.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKIN FUCK TOO MAN!!!!