PDA

View Full Version : Good Solo Spots for 25?

cd288
02-18-2020, 12:29 PM
I've been grinding at KFC for awhile now. Checked out Rathe Mountains and tried the Drakes, but there didn't seem to be a lot of Ebon Drake spawns and the Basalt Drakes seem to have a ton of HP.

KFC is decent, but with Darters and Egrets greened out, and half the Harriers being a white con to me (not to mention the Avocets), it can be tough to find consistent spawns to kill there. I'm basically hoping for Rooks or blue con Harriers, which aren't extremely infrequent but also not frequent enough to be a very efficient spot at 25.

I could still do crag spiders in EK I think, but starting to outpace them so the EXP is slowing down a lot.

Are the SK Centaurs a good option? It seems like I will have a similar issue there but maybe I'm wrong. Checked out Runnyeye out of curiosity, but definitely too dangerous to solo in there given the layout.

I don't feel like waiting on lists in the high ZEM zones and I'm usually semi-AFK so I've been focusing on solo spots for the past few levels.

sommerbr
02-18-2020, 12:42 PM
What class are you?

You should try the drake spot again if you are one of the good solo classes. There is one basalt drake, two ebon drakes, and one "a drake". They all have fixed spawn points, so learn the spots. Usually more than enough mobs to fill the 6:40 respawn window, and the money is really good: usually 1-2 plat per in coin and items.

cd288
02-18-2020, 12:53 PM
What class are you?

You should try the drake spot again if you are one of the good solo classes. There is one basalt drake, two ebon drakes, and one "a drake". They all have fixed spawn points, so learn the spots. Usually more than enough mobs to fill the 6:40 respawn window, and the money is really good: usually 1-2 plat per in coin and items.

This is on my Enchanter alt that I've finally decided to start putting time into. I've been Charm killing here and there, but mostly just using my animation as I find I use less mana doing 50% damage to a mob and letting pet kill it (and doing that for 2 mobs) than I do for Charm killing two mobs. Been waiting for C to start Charm killing more.

Anyway, at the drakes, the "drake" was white to me; so it's doable but will probably take all my mana (or most of it) for the kill since I will need to slow/haste, nuke more, etc. The Basalt Drake seemed to have a lot more HP than the Ebon Drakes and therefore really ate up mana to do 50% damage (so it's not too efficient to kill it); by contrast, the Ebon Drakes I can usually do 50%+ damage with only using like two bars of mana on average. So I kill the two Ebon Drakes, but I can usually med back all that mana before they respawn and I'm sitting there for like 2 minutes doing nothing.

Reading that again, I guess it sounds like I'm being a whiny min/maxer which I don't mean to be. Just would rather be killing during those two extra minutes per cycle heh. So I guess what I need is someplace where I can consistently find 3 blue cons that aren't almost green?

sommerbr
02-18-2020, 12:56 PM
Definitely hear you on the high blue and white mobs; the time efficiency just isn't there. I wasn't able to find a spot that was more consistent than the drakes.

I did the two ebons until they turned green, and then did the basalt + "a drake" until they turned green and it was awesome.

It really depends on if you are the type of soloer who likes to kill two mobs, set an egg timer, and the repeat. Also worth noting that that valley has no aggressive mobs if you haven't ruined your Lizardmen faction. It's 100% safe to AFK there.

ldgo86
02-18-2020, 12:57 PM
So I guess what I need is someplace where I can consistently find 3 blue cons that aren't almost green?

This is the dream for most levels as any soloer

cd288
02-18-2020, 01:05 PM
This is the dream for most levels as any soloer

Yeah for sure lol. Generally I can find that in most places, just feels like at 25 there's not a ton and maybe I need to grind out a couple levels to get back to having options like that.

lubyen13
02-18-2020, 01:51 PM
i did the ogre guards in WK from 26-29. Usually the shamans/chief are camped, but they don't usually care about the guards. Also they drop bronze which can be nice. Its def slow, but chill. BTW, what does KFC stand for?

tommydgun
02-18-2020, 01:57 PM
hermit in SK is probably best solo xp u can get

cd288
02-18-2020, 02:09 PM

Yeah he hits freaking hard though. Plus he nukes. Caster mobs are always tough for soloing.

mcoy
02-18-2020, 02:31 PM
BTW, what does KFC stand for?

KFC = aviak tower. It's a building full of chicken(s) so KFC.

-Mcoy

eqravenprince
02-18-2020, 02:34 PM
i did the ogre guards in WK from 26-29. Usually the shamans/chief are camped, but they don't usually care about the guards. Also they drop bronze which can be nice. Its def slow, but chill. BTW, what does KFC stand for?

Kentucky Fried Chicken

cd288
02-18-2020, 02:39 PM

How many spawns are there? Do they Harm Touch each time they respawn? If so, how did you handle eating that damage?

eqravenprince
02-18-2020, 02:54 PM
Nektulous has the iron guardians and corporals dark elves that are 20-22 just like an Aviak Rook.

If camped, Lavastorm has some level 16-24 mobs, some static spawns, some roaming.

larper99
02-18-2020, 03:06 PM
Kentucky Fried Chicken

I always read it as "Karana Fried Chicken"

cd288
02-18-2020, 03:24 PM
Nektulous has the iron guardians and corporals dark elves that are 20-22 just like an Aviak Rook.

If camped, Lavastorm has some level 16-24 mobs, some static spawns, some roaming.

Definitely an interesting suggestion on Nek. I may check it out. With the amount of HP on those corporals it looks like it's a situation where Charm killing would be needed to have any sort of efficiency.

Velerin
02-18-2020, 04:23 PM
Najena is great for that range. High ZEM, always afk high lvls camping jboots to get buffs. The skeletons are good exp to the 30s. Just IVU past the low level trash in beginning.

cd288
02-18-2020, 05:04 PM
Najena is great for that range. High ZEM, always afk high lvls camping jboots to get buffs. The skeletons are good exp to the 30s. Just IVU past the low level trash in beginning.

Which skeletons/where are they? The Wiki seems only to list skeletons that are level 15 on the Najena page

Modwolf
02-18-2020, 05:15 PM
Hahah I won't see his response, but if you hadn't already mentioned it. There are 3 gnolls you can kill within splitpaw entrance. Better ZEM than outside, but a slow spawn rate. From my experience tho it was about the same exp/ph as outside but nice and chill.

Modwolf
02-18-2020, 05:17 PM
The money isn't bad and splitpaw gear is fun to give to newbs.

cd288
02-18-2020, 05:20 PM
Strange move to block someone but then comment on their thread where you can't read any of the context lol

kingpinner
02-18-2020, 05:37 PM
Najena spiders up near Najena room. I did 25-30 on them. You can add in goblins to the mix as well in the 25-28 range... then replace goblins that green out with the skeletons for 28-30.

Very good exp with decent ZEM zone, easy kills. Charm kill > animations. You'll use much less mana if you're charm killing correctly. You get to med pretty much teh whole fight and finish them with a single blast at the end. most important thing is to get your charisma up as high as you can. if it's low, you'll get lots of charm breaks which cause lots of wasted mana.

cd288
02-18-2020, 05:47 PM
Najena spiders up near Najena room. I did 25-30 on them. You can add in goblins to the mix as well in the 25-28 range... then replace goblins that green out with the skeletons for 28-30.

Very good exp with decent ZEM zone, easy kills. Charm kill > animations. You'll use much less mana if you're charm killing correctly. You get to med pretty much teh whole fight and finish them with a single blast at the end. most important thing is to get your charisma up as high as you can. if it's low, you'll get lots of charm breaks which cause lots of wasted mana.

Thanks I will keep that in mind. Appreciate the feedback. Issue with Charm killing for me has been that one round of Charm killing takes more mana than just killing a mob by doing 50% plus Animation. The fights typically don't last long enough for me to see THAT much of a boost in efficiency via being able to med during the Charm kill, and as such I've been making a risk-based decision to go with the Animation at the expense of slightly more efficiency on the mana front. I figured once I get Clarity that the medding during Charm killing will really increase the gap.

eqravenprince
02-18-2020, 06:11 PM
Thanks I will keep that in mind. Appreciate the feedback. Issue with Charm killing for me has been that one round of Charm killing takes more mana than just killing a mob by doing 50% plus Animation. The fights typically don't last long enough for me to see THAT much of a boost in efficiency via being able to med during the Charm kill, and as such I've been making a risk-based decision to go with the Animation at the expense of slightly more efficiency on the mana front. I figured once I get Clarity that the medding during Charm killing will really increase the gap.

I tried charm killing with my enchanter. I hated it. I like to be semi afk which you cannot do with charm killing.

cd288
02-18-2020, 06:21 PM
I tried charm killing with my enchanter. I hated it. I like to be semi afk which you cannot do with charm killing.

What do you mean? Charm killing you just kill both mobs relatively quickly. You can be semi-AFK between fights. You never have a Charmed pet between fights or anything like that

Velerin
02-18-2020, 08:31 PM
Skeletons are all single pulls so can kill anyway you want. Both charm and pet have pluses and minuses. I do both depending on what I’m doing. There’s 1 skelly up top by himself and three down below.

Wallicker
02-18-2020, 08:37 PM
OOT ascania and the other longsword wood elf in the hut on the hill on island closest to BB. 12pp per kill two mobs on 6 min timer blue til lvl 35. Dwarf merchant 100ft away who won’t be kos you can sell too. Enjoy.

Balimon
02-18-2020, 11:55 PM
Definitely Najena. Do the 'a skeleton' camp of 3, alternatively do the Tentacle Terrors or Spiders.

Also I believe the Millers and the two guards outside Surefall glade are good experience at 25.

Christina.
02-19-2020, 01:35 AM
Do sisters in OoT at the dock, level 24 till 29 and they drop swords that sell for 11pp each. 22 pp every 6 mins :)

Tethler
02-19-2020, 04:37 AM
sola goblins around the entrance area are usually open and the xp in there is great.

Wallicker
02-19-2020, 07:07 AM
Also if you aren’t doing OOT sisters for the raw plat I made 10k from 21-35 there in a few days.

If you can get guard Chopin he is an extremely easy camp and kill for enchanter with good loot to boot 3 min static spawn in highkeep. Just use a summoned pet and low lvl mez and nuke at 30%(to memblur and get full Xperia’s)

Frug
02-19-2020, 10:14 AM
Do sisters in OoT at the dock, level 24 till 29 and they drop swords that sell for 11pp each. 22 pp every 6 mins :)

Good luck getting that camp tho.

Wallicker
02-19-2020, 10:19 AM
If you don’t get it there is two Dwarfs on NE corner of island that drop like 3-4pp per kill both lvl 25 on same 6 min timer, can do those while you wait on the two good woodelfs who are not at the docks but up past the dock in the single hut on the hill.

DMN
02-19-2020, 10:34 AM
I'd only recommend druids or wizards to try for that camp so you can bind there and check it off and on for when its free. Nuts to go all the way out there for anyone else.

Wallicker
02-19-2020, 10:48 AM
There’s 9 lvl 25 mobs there on 6 minute timer... you could surely find some exp and a few platinum if they are camped while waiting on the boat to take you toward unrest or Guk/SolA/highkeep or waiting on the camp to open up.

Dirkdaring
02-20-2020, 07:01 AM

In Najena , around the pool to Najena room, are three lvl 24 A Skeletons, each one is solo . first one is at the bottom of the spiral staircase, the next is across the pool, you can see it after you kill the one by staircase, and move towards the pool.

The third is down the hall to the left , in a little room solo, if you are looking at the pool, coming from the staircase, each are on a 18 min timer, hit really hard , but have low hp, and can be root nuked, doted etc.

The ZEM for Najena is around 140 % , and these are great exp they also drop small ringmail armor, and bronze weapons .