PDA

View Full Version : Boxing not allowed

Wulfe_RavenCaer
02-16-2020, 04:12 PM
Just a quick mention on the no boxing rule. I think if you’re going to ban boxing, twinking (tweaking) characters should also be monitored. It’s hard to compete against bored high level characters creating new toons and over gearing them. Just mo...cheers!

Nisse
02-16-2020, 04:15 PM
:rolleyes:

San'Drax
02-16-2020, 04:25 PM
lmao

Ripqozko
02-16-2020, 04:42 PM
pitty reply

Sethius Marlowe
02-16-2020, 05:02 PM
Literally my primary mountain of gold source of joy from everquest was twinking the fuck out of a char and destroying the content.

baakss
02-16-2020, 05:17 PM
I opened this thread expecting a name and shame. Such a disappointment.

Comoc1
02-16-2020, 05:45 PM
Meth. Not even once.

DMN
02-16-2020, 07:55 PM
They should allow boxing with account that only has low level characters, like level 5 or something. Or even level 1 right.

Right now it bullshit because these cheating fuckers with VPN are already gaming the system and nothing is done about it. The non cheaters are the ones being punished and it's fucking stupid.

cd288
02-16-2020, 07:56 PM
If we created a poll for worst RnF posts in history this would be top 5

Smellybuttface
02-16-2020, 08:15 PM
Just a quick mention on the no boxing rule. I think if you’re going to ban boxing, twinking (tweaking) characters should also be monitored. It’s hard to compete against bored high level characters creating new toons and over gearing them. Just mo...cheers!

Hard to compete how? I’m always glad to get a nicely twinkled character in a group. All that gear they have can be used for the good of everyone in the group. As Classic is still the only show in town till Kunark comes out quite a few months down the road, all max levels HAVE to do now is either find cash camps, make an alt, or farm Fear for 10 hours a day. It’s just the nature of the beast at this particular timeline. Once Sol Ro/Hate/Sky drop, you should see it get evened out a good deal.

Wrekt
02-16-2020, 09:30 PM
Yeah, this makes no sense. My geared warrior entering a group is a blessing. I could solo and not share a fucking thing. Not sure if trolling.

aaezil
02-16-2020, 10:06 PM
Twinking gave me more xp and im mad about it

Natewest1987
02-17-2020, 02:54 AM
Lol. Love twinks in group, unless they’re the same class as I am and better geared.

OuterChimp
02-17-2020, 10:49 AM
I don't see how me, or anyone else, twinking an alt is bad and what the heck does that have to do with 2-boxing?

Smellybuttface
02-17-2020, 10:53 AM
I don't see how me, or anyone else, twinking an alt is bad and what the heck does that have to do with 2-boxing?

Nothing to do with it. OP just combined two completely different ideas in a single sentence as if they were somehow related, which they’re not.

RnF thread gets a wet dripping poop sock out of 10.

Videri
02-17-2020, 12:00 PM

OP, alas, this is not enforceable, and twinking is quite classic, too.

No need for people to bash OP so hard. He just wants to face the challenges of classic EQ.

OP, if twinking doesn't sit right with you, I think I can relate. I often long for the experience of playing from scratch. Luckily, that is available to us via Green. If you really want to play that way and play with others who are doing the same thing, Green is the way to go. Of course, some people already have level 50 characters and are already twinking new alts, but I think the majority are still on their first character and/or haven't been able to twink much. So, if you haven't tried it, consider it!

kaizersoze
02-17-2020, 01:50 PM
If you dont like twinking join ALS :)

OuterChimp
02-17-2020, 01:51 PM
I rate this R&F thread Twink out of 10.

Canelek
02-17-2020, 02:25 PM
'Twinking' is one of the best parts of this game, ya fuckin' Quaker.

mycoolrausch
02-17-2020, 02:40 PM
My zlandi helm may look fancy, but it doesn't add much DPS. You're safe.

Smellybuttface
02-17-2020, 03:36 PM
If you dont like twinking join ALS :)

That’s true. It stands for Auld Lang Syne (not Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in this case lol). They have a no twink policy. But they also have a bunch of strange policy’s that I’m not entirely sure the point of, like not camping things 6 levels below you, and some others like that.

For all their restrictions, I’m not sure what the offsetting benefit is....

Kohedron
02-17-2020, 04:09 PM
Good thing 100% of people follow this easily circumvent-able rule!~

Swish
02-17-2020, 06:18 PM
That’s true. It stands for Auld Lang Syne (not Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in this case lol). They have a no twink policy. But they also have a bunch of strange policy’s that I’m not entirely sure the point of, like not camping things 6 levels below you, and some others like that.

For all their restrictions, I’m not sure what the offsetting benefit is....

Its a strange setup, like you're not allowed to buy items from EC which makes sense but there is a closed economy within the guild, so in a sense....ALS fat cats (with good intentions im sure) are there to buy level appropriate items from.

I think its a little too restricted, I'd almost say they should make and remake the guild in waves to draw new people to the challenge. At this point though you can do the same thing on green :p

cd288
02-17-2020, 08:00 PM
Its a strange setup, like you're not allowed to buy items from EC which makes sense but there is a closed economy within the guild, so in a sense....ALS fat cats (with good intentions im sure) are there to buy level appropriate items from.

I think its a little too restricted, I'd almost say they should make and remake the guild in waves to draw new people to the challenge. At this point though you can do the same thing on green :p

Green economy already kind of ridiculous lol. Things going for similar prices to what they were on Blue

Squid Socks
02-17-2020, 11:13 PM
How did you even draw such a shitty conclusion.

Nuggie
02-18-2020, 01:52 AM
Right now it bullshit because these cheating fuckers with VPN are already gaming the system and nothing is done about it. The non cheaters are the ones being punished and it's fucking stupid.

Bro. They've cycled in gm after gm trying to battle this shit. It's not going to stop. The enemy has unlimited resources. what do you expect?

cd288
02-18-2020, 10:52 AM
Bro. They've cycled in gm after gm trying to battle this shit. It's not going to stop. The enemy has unlimited resources. what do you expect?

All we can do is report. I've found the staff checks these things pretty quickly and are able to do the in game tests to see if they're boxing. If the characters in question are logged off, the staff note their names to continue to check if they're online and administer the test.

Bhairava
02-18-2020, 11:03 AM
i wonder what the record for most concurrent boxes on p99 is.

u know some druggo neck beard tried 4 or 5 boxing at some point before he got cought

Mead
02-18-2020, 11:59 AM
Did op get banned for boxing or just a head case

cd288
02-18-2020, 12:18 PM
i wonder what the record for most concurrent boxes on p99 is.

u know some druggo neck beard tried 4 or 5 boxing at some point before he got cought

Probably kind of hard to box more than 2 or 3. The more characters you're trying to play, the more obvious it is, I assume. Especially once you bring in melee of any kind. Like if the mob is running around whacking the casters, why isn't the melee chasing it? You can kind of tell boxers by things like this because, for example, while they're using their CC character to stand up and cast, say, root on the rogue mob, there will be a moment where the melee character just stands there doing nothing before running to the rooted mob.

If they're just playing casters with pets, it's a bit tougher to tell but still becomes more obvious the more characters they're boxing. Maybe someone has gotten away with 4 or more consistently, but I assume that they would need to be in some out of the way place in the world where not a lot of people wander by too often (ex. areas of Rathe Mountains and Lake Rathe, Runnyeye, Stonebrunt, parts of Kunark such as the Swamp of No Hope, etc.). Anyone trying to box that many characters in a populated area would be discovered pretty quickly I think.

Zephire
02-18-2020, 09:29 PM
Lol. Love twinks in group, unless they’re the same class as I am and better geared.

^^word

fuckshit22
02-19-2020, 11:26 AM
boxing is classic. i dont get why you all cryin about it still like you never played everquest before an emulator came out.

cd288
02-19-2020, 11:36 AM
boxing is classic. i dont get why you all cryin about it still like you never played everquest before an emulator came out.

Someone didn't read the OP lol

fuckshit22
02-19-2020, 12:04 PM
Someone didn't read the OP lol

go fuck yourself faggot no one cares what the OP posted

cd288
02-19-2020, 01:20 PM

Well you might want to care considering your comment had nothing to do with the topic of the thread

Bhairava
02-19-2020, 02:11 PM

Dogma
02-19-2020, 02:25 PM
People who box probably do so without ever having the two characters in the same zone. Seems like it'd be easy to have an EC mule, porting character and one you're actively playing all going at once.

And no one would report it.

Kohedron
02-19-2020, 06:01 PM

Now this is forumquesting!

Scratch&Sniff
02-21-2020, 07:01 PM
They should allow boxing with account that only has low level characters, like level 5 or something. Or even level 1 right.

this is more true then anyone would like to admit