PDA

View Full Version : people who farm manastone

choppedandglued
02-15-2020, 02:43 PM
I feel like these people are some of the biggest scumbags on the planet. Serious like if I could teleport to right behind you while you where poopsocking just sitting there feeling like your getting something accomplished in life, I would just start swinging on you as hard as I could trying to knock you out.

Jean-Baptiste Cutting
02-15-2020, 02:48 PM
There's a 1 week lockout isn't there, or is that insufficient to keep the same group of players from clogging up the list all the time.

I wouldn't touch that camp with a ten foot pole so I'm not exactly sure how they are lately.

DMN
02-15-2020, 02:56 PM
Some of the people on green have been lockedout for over 2 months now.

choppedandglued
02-15-2020, 02:57 PM
yes jean, if me and you were teleported in his room we would start swinging on his ass till he started bleeding all over himself.

DMN
02-15-2020, 03:00 PM
I think someone wants a forum vacation.

Danth
02-15-2020, 03:16 PM
I was going to call this one an internet tough guy but realized his fantasy involves him attacking someone who doesn't realize he's there and who isn't fighting back. That's not so tough.

Danth

Jimjam
02-15-2020, 03:32 PM
I feel like these people are some of the biggest scumbags on the planet. Serious like if I could teleport to right behind you while you where poopsocking just sitting there feeling like your getting something accomplished in life, I would just start swinging on you as hard as I could trying to knock you out.

I don't like the tone of your manners.

Octopath
02-15-2020, 04:20 PM

Sucks to suck

Bigsham
02-15-2020, 06:36 PM
train them if you feel that way, bring every frog in guk and just die right on top of them

you know most are afk

Hazek
02-15-2020, 07:19 PM

As if posting on this forum or doing anything in a video game is a better use of time.

And why are you so mad? You just jealous or what?

https://i.imgur.com/yko5Gag.gif

Wallicker
02-15-2020, 08:50 PM

I’d spin around so fast in my swivel chair and whoop ya ass boiiiii

Natewest1987
02-15-2020, 09:17 PM

Would that give you the sense that YOU had accomplished something -anything- in life?

Smellybuttface
02-15-2020, 10:20 PM
I feel like these people are some of the biggest scumbags on the planet.

Did someone camping a manastone touch you inappropriately?

El-Hefe
02-15-2020, 10:23 PM
Inb4 R n F?

gnomishfirework
02-16-2020, 04:27 AM
This dude can't camp manastones.

DMN
02-16-2020, 05:04 AM
i imagne this guy showed up to EE camp and tried camping it for awhile and then realized how fucking ridiculous it was going to be. "Why are all these assholes camping this when I could be camping it!" his lizard brain told himself.

Swish
02-16-2020, 05:41 AM
More people taking the bait in this thread than I thought would.

Vaarsuvius
02-16-2020, 05:54 AM
train them if you feel that way, bring every frog in guk and just die right on top of them

you know most are afk

Monk train and FD FTW!

Back in my days on The Rathe, guys from the server top guild (Fama Volat, Japanese only IIRC) were known for their tendency to train people until they left a camp they wanted

Castle2.0
02-16-2020, 11:10 AM
I’d spin around so fast in my swivel chair and whoop ya ass boiiiii OP, according to this response from a forum member, I believe he is winning this cyber-roleplay-battle. You better respond soon or your next post will be "I die of pain and suffering. *F5, please wait*"

--------

I thought I had to stand in the school bathroom with the lights off and chant "Bloody Mary!" 3 times to get someone creepy to appear behind me...

but now... just camp a manastone? Nice! Don't mind if I do! (see signature)

In closing... it's ok to be mad. It's ok to be bad. It's not okay to be madcuzbad.

Let's move to RnF and get this thread back on track.

Wallicker
02-16-2020, 11:38 AM

it will be like a moss snake hitting a lvl 60 monk, OP atleast you admit it will only be a try.

choppedandglued
02-16-2020, 01:05 PM
I’d spin around so fast in my swivel chair and whoop ya ass boiiiii

you would be so fat and awkward you would just do 2 full rotations and tip over on the ground at which point I would start kicking you in the face.

Wallicker
02-16-2020, 01:30 PM
you would be so fat and awkward you would just do 2 full rotations and tip over on the ground at which point I would start kicking you in the face.

Try again I’m like 180lbs 15% body fat

Vexenu
02-16-2020, 02:45 PM
I was just sitting here minding my own business and some guy randomly teleported behind me. I could tell he was about to start swinging but luckily he recognized that I wasn't camping the manastone. Then he teleported away. Life is strange sometimes.

Jeni
02-16-2020, 03:11 PM
I have 8 mana stone characters between my farm team and me (6 of us share them all). We take shifts and have not stopped farming since launch. Will have 14 soon. GL

White_knight
02-16-2020, 04:14 PM
If you have not come to realise that most of p99s community are degenerates, then OP you will keep getting frustrated.

mzl0011
02-16-2020, 04:26 PM

k

Worry
02-16-2020, 05:02 PM
Wait until Warders.

stewe
02-16-2020, 10:34 PM
i got multiple manastones that im hording for along time, then ill sell them for 6 figures, sucks to be you, should have done what me and 2 friends did (none of us ever had to camp more then 10 hours at a time this way), level enough to camp it then share accounts (literally got 4 stones before even 5% of the population was 35) so you can stay on the list then level another character to 35 to get around the lockout timer, was easy to lvl to 35 once we got our druid to 50, get friends and get good.

drdrakes
02-16-2020, 11:05 PM
Imagine being proud of your Manastone cartel in this year of our Lord two thousand and twenty.

cd288
02-16-2020, 11:06 PM
Sounds like someone is about to get a warning for posting like this outside of RnF

solleks
02-16-2020, 11:50 PM
When you teleport in and start swinging suddenly u realize you are swinging on a mannequin and the screen goes blank you realize it was fake. You look around and see you are now trapped in a concrete bunker that is filling up with lava. Ur shoes start to melt and u smell ur toe flesh burning. Oh boi u fucked

Jimjam
02-17-2020, 04:26 AM
i got multiple manastones that im hording for along time, then ill sell them for 6 figures, sucks to be you, should have done what me and 2 friends did (none of us ever had to camp more then 10 hours at a time this way), level enough to camp it then share accounts (literally got 4 stones before even 5% of the population was 35) so you can stay on the list then level another character to 35 to get around the lockout timer, was easy to lvl to 35 once we got our druid to 50, get friends and get good.

Repeated 10 hour shifts sound more reasonable. JK wouldn’t do 10 hour shift even for money.

f2pelerin1182
02-17-2020, 05:16 AM
What's the problem if someone wants to - and is able to - farm multiple manastones?

Why does it bother you?

Are you mad because you're jealous?

I'd really like to get myself a Manastone so I could sell it, having that amount of plat would be amazing - but I'm really not sure I'd be able to camp for the amount of time needed, especially with the AFK checks as frequent as they are.

For those that want to and can? More power to 'em.

Phaezed-Reality
02-17-2020, 05:21 AM
i dont hate people who farm manastones, only people who farm MULTIPLE MANASTONES, omg makes me so mad. don it?

Wallicker
02-17-2020, 06:53 AM
So OP teleported up behind me last night. He started hitting me with what felt like dry Pool noodle punches. As predicted, I swiveled around in my chair and whooped his ass all the way back to his mom’s basement, then cucked him on my way out. Change OPs nickname from Nightcrawler to Limpbizcuit. /close thread.

gnomishfirework
02-17-2020, 09:04 AM
OP just teleported behind me and half of his body is stuck in my wall.

He keeps screaming but just won't die.

fadetree
02-17-2020, 10:15 AM
Well, he got 4 pages with 2 very feeble troll posts. I think there might be a competition going on to see who can get the longest arguethread with the lamest troll. It's fertile ground.

sedrie.bellamie
02-17-2020, 10:45 AM
if the people who can handle 80 hours at manastone are farming it; then how do you expect manastones to get to the ec tunnel? Let the /list people do their thing and you can do yours and maybe if you try hard enough you could buy one in the EC tunnel like every other filthy casual that doesn't have friends to share an account with or a mother's basement in witch to camp in lower guk for 40-80 hours

Smellybuttface
02-17-2020, 05:24 PM

Lol. You DON’T have to be even slightly good at the game to hit an afk box for 10 or 100 hours.

Believe it or not, majority of people can’t afford even 10 hours doing that shit. Maybe you’ll sell them, but before Kunark drops you and everyone else trying to sell are going to be in heated competition. Just have to figure how much of your RL time is worth in platinum....

Dulu
02-17-2020, 05:53 PM
A PvP server would solve this problem.

Neno
02-17-2020, 09:04 PM
I rolled a female dark elf cleric. Chatted up some no lifer as I leveled up. Sent him some nudes of my old college ex claiming they were me over discord. He gave me a stone to help me finish leveling. Transferred it on to my main and blocked him. EZ.

Like why would you spend 80 hours camping this shit when you can just spend 5min cybering some fat nerd to get one?

DMN
02-17-2020, 09:20 PM
I rolled a female dark elf cleric. Chatted up some no lifer as I leveled up. Sent him some nudes of my old college ex claiming they were me over discord. He gave me a stone to help me finish leveling. Transferred it on to my main and blocked him. EZ.

Like why would you spend 80 hours camping this shit when you can just spend 5min cybering some fat nerd to get one?

You are either lying or incredibly stupid.

Castle2.0
02-17-2020, 09:24 PM
Maybe you’ll sell them, but before Kunark drops you and everyone else trying to sell are going to be in heated competition. Price has been rising since Day 1. It will continue to rise. It will probably jump when Sol Ro rolls out and it stops dropping. I don't think Kunark will do much to price rise + or -.

I hope there is a rush to sell before Kunark, I'd like to buy another =)

Zal22
02-18-2020, 01:25 AM
Price has been rising since Day 1. It will continue to rise. It will probably jump when Sol Ro rolls out and it stops dropping. I don't think Kunark will do much to price rise + or -.

I hope there is a rush to sell before Kunark, I'd like to buy another =)

You have posted in every thread that they are worth 200k because you were selling for 200k.

Now you are selling for 150k and even posting on another guys thread saying that you might even buy one (he was selling @ 150k). Do i need to include all your drivel about mith 2hander when you were trying to sell that? You seem to magically pop up in any thread about an item that you are selling in some weak attempt to manipulate prices.

Castle2.0
02-18-2020, 01:45 AM
You have posted in every thread that they are worth 200k because you were selling for 200k.

Now you are selling for 150k and even posting on another guys thread saying that you might even buy one (he was selling @ 150k). Do i need to include all your drivel about mith 2hander when you were trying to sell that? You seem to magically pop up in any thread about an item that you are selling in some weak attempt to manipulate prices.

Sorry, the Mithril 2Hander sold. Better luck next time.

Nuggie
02-18-2020, 01:50 AM
Inb4 R n F?

Really disappointed with response time on this one.

Domni
02-18-2020, 03:47 AM
I have 8 mana stone characters between my farm team and me (6 of us share them all). We take shifts and have not stopped farming since launch. Will have 14 soon. GL

So you have a little over 1 manastone and you've been farming since launch? That sux bro.

Visual
02-18-2020, 05:34 AM

The fact that you care that much just shows your emotional instability and that is much sadder than people farming a manastone

cd288
02-18-2020, 10:49 AM

Lol glad someone called this guy out. It is pretty funny how they'll suddenly pop up talking about what the price is for an item trying to inflate the price for themselves so they can get an extra bit of fake currency for themselves on an emulated server.

gnomishfirework
02-18-2020, 11:18 AM
Lol glad someone called this guy out. It is pretty funny how they'll suddenly pop up talking about what the price is for an item trying to inflate the price for themselves so they can get an extra bit of fake currency for themselves on an emulated server.

150k is actually a good deal on manastones right now. If i had the plat I snatch it up.

Modwolf
02-18-2020, 11:33 AM
OP just teleported behind me and half of his body is stuck in my wall.

He keeps screaming but just won't die.

Screaming "help me step brother, I'm stuck"

Castle2.0
02-18-2020, 11:53 AM
*some people saying some negative stuff* Some people who don't own a manastone gonna hate on some people who do. Such is P99 life.

150k is actually a good deal on manastones right now. If i had the plat I snatch it up. Exactly. Buy a manastone for 150k now, sell for 500k later.

cd288
02-18-2020, 12:22 PM
150k is actually a good deal on manastones right now. If i had the plat I snatch it up.

I didn't say it wasn't. Me and the other commenter were talking about how the Castle guy will pop into threads and say that things are "going for" essentially what he's selling them for.

For example, I've seen Manastones mostly going for 100k-150k over the past few months, including the past couple weeks. Castle comes in and starts telling everyone they're "going for 200k" because he wants to be able to sell his for 200k...so if he can make everyone think/spread the word that Manastones go for 200k, he's inflated the price for himself.

Smellybuttface
02-18-2020, 12:47 PM
1 thing I wonder with Manastone. So there isn’t anything fun about waiting on a list for 80-100hrs. Now EQ ordinarily just takes a ton of time to do anything, but usually leveling you’re “presumably” having fun, or hopefully, since that’s one of the main time expenditures in the game. Now since hitting an afk every 5-15 mins doesn’t actually have any fun associated with it, you have to hope that either what item you acquire or what you you sell that item for makes up for the time investment.

So let’s say you spent 80hrs at the list. If you sell a Manastone for 150k, each hour is worth roughly 1900 platinum. More time you spend, the less your time is worth (unless you sell for more). Then you have to ask yourself, is an hour of your real life worth 1900 platinum. That’s a very tough putt. Let’s say you make minimum wage - $15/hr. Would you spend $15 on 1900 platinum? Probably not. Now since most folks here are likely in their 30’s+, presumably you’re making more than minimum wage. So I’m just spitballing, but I’ll try a mean income of $50,000 a year after taxes (maybe a low estimate, but for arguments sake). Around $25/hr. So now, would you spend $25 on 1900 plat. On the green trade forum, I’ve seen someone selling a Manastone for 100k. Now that’s 1250 plat. And if you spent 100hrs camping it, that’s 1000 plat.

What’s the point of all this math? Well, I’m curious at what number you think you’re getting a viable return on your time investment. If camping a manastone was fun, then it’s an entirely different story since it’s hard to accurately gauge the price of your enjoyment. But most everyone I know that’s listed has said it’s a fairly miserable experience. With that said, so you think it’s a wise investment of time to camp a Manastone? Just out of sheer curiosity.

TLDR: is camping a manastone a wise time investment/money ratio?

Smellybuttface
02-18-2020, 12:51 PM
I didn't say it wasn't. Me and the other commenter were talking about how the Castle guy will pop into threads and say that things are "going for" essentially what he's selling them for.

For example, I've seen Manastones mostly going for 100k-150k over the past few months, including the past couple weeks. Castle comes in and starts telling everyone they're "going for 200k" because he wants to be able to sell his for 200k...so if he can make everyone think/spread the word that Manastones go for 200k, he's inflated the price for himself.

I can say I’ve seen at least 3-4 in the last few weeks selling for exactly $100k. I’ve never seen anyone spend over 125k, so I’d say you’re right on that someone is trying to artificially inflate the prices.

cd288
02-18-2020, 02:24 PM
I can say I’ve seen at least 3-4 in the last few weeks selling for exactly $100k. I’ve never seen anyone spend over 125k, so I’d say you’re right on that someone is trying to artificially inflate the prices.

yeah it's also kinda funny, because that same person posted an auction a couple days ago at 150k, so they clearly know what the top end of the market actually is and are now just trying to BS to inflate it

Castle2.0
02-18-2020, 03:39 PM
I never said Manastones are selling for 200k. I said they are easily worth 200k and are being auctioned at 200k. Cmon now. Don't got twisting words so you can RnF on em.

I'm going to start a thread on the topic of hours to attain vs value. SBF, makes a good point.

Castle2.0
02-18-2020, 04:11 PM
See post here on The Manastone Calculation: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350652

Bigsham
02-18-2020, 04:37 PM
Anyone who has 200k on a one month old server will probably camp his own manastone