PDA

View Full Version : Tar and feather - Anevil

Wisteso
02-09-2020, 09:37 PM
For anyone in EC last night there was some drama with the newbie orc camps. I wasn't really part of it (I was at orc1 camp) but it was kinda happening around me and think this person should be called out for being a twat despite technically following rules.

TL;DR version:

Group at orc1 and orc2 minding their own business
Anevil plucks mob from orc1, when asked why says something like "you cant camp this camp friend" but he does move on after this single incident.
Anevil goes to orc2 where there's a different group camping the few spawns. Decides to take over one of the spawns because he technically can, instead of waiting on list or joining group.
GM gets involved, defends Anevil since he is technically following rules
Group that was originally at orc2 falls apart since what was weak XP turns into shit XP

Yeah he didnt break any rules, but there's a reason this isn't a common occurrence - it's very shitty behavior and not necessary with all the free roaming mobs in EC that are great for soloing. Everyone knows that orc1 / orc2 camps should be proper camps but for some reason aren't and this shit lord wanted to play lawyer quest instead of waiting in the queue like everyone else.

Jack N
02-09-2020, 09:44 PM
cool

Kohedron
02-09-2020, 10:09 PM
It's your own fault for not playing on the server where you can handle the situation yourself instead of running to a GM crying about nerfed belts

Smellybuttface
02-09-2020, 10:18 PM
It's your own fault for not playing on the server where you can handle the situation yourself instead of running to a GM crying about nerfed belts

Please tell me this isn’t a plug for the wasteland of Red?

I’m with you OP. Those have historically always been seen as distinct camps. Hard to believe a GM would decide against that.

Very few places low levels starting in Freeport/Neriak/Rivervale can level. Unless you want to travel to Crushbone, or make the arduous journey to Blackburrow, fighting in EC, and subsequently Befallen/WC present the only options for low level characters. Can eventually move perhaps to Karana bandits, but not for a little while yet. Either join the group, go fight roamers in EC, or GTFO.

As a note, Orc camps in SRO are routinely not camped. Just as another option if you run into shitty players like that in the future in EC.

Hazek
02-09-2020, 10:37 PM
Orc 1 is a player agreed camp but if you can't keep the spawns down then you should share one.

Madbad
02-09-2020, 10:43 PM
Orc 1 is a player agreed camp but if you can't keep the spawns down then you should share one.

White_knight
02-09-2020, 10:44 PM
Goodie 2 Shoe thread in it's prime right here? Or am I just seeing things?

Aviann
02-09-2020, 10:51 PM
I blame the re-merge.

Nilstoniakrath
02-09-2020, 11:05 PM
For anyone in EC last night there was some drama with the newbie orc camps. I wasn't really part of it (I was at orc1 camp) but it was kinda happening around me and think this person should be called out for being a twat despite technically following rules.

TL;DR version:

Group at orc1 and orc2 minding their own business
Anevil plucks mob from orc1, when asked why says something like "you cant camp this camp friend" but he does move on after this single incident.
Anevil goes to orc2 where there's a different group camping the few spawns. Decides to take over one of the spawns because he technically can, instead of waiting on list or joining group.
GM gets involved, defends Anevil since he is technically following rules
Group that was originally at orc2 falls apart since what was weak XP turns into shit XP

Yeah he didnt break any rules, but there's a reason this isn't a common occurrence - it's very shitty behavior and not necessary with all the free roaming mobs in EC that are great for soloing. Everyone knows that orc1 / orc2 camps should be proper camps but for some reason aren't and this shit lord wanted to play lawyer quest instead of waiting in the queue like everyone else.

Higher level characters who mess with lower level group camps are simply, F tards. I don't care what the lawyer questers will snivel about, if you are all that, go to some out of the way zone to prove your awesomeness. Otherwise you are just a turd

Wisteso
02-10-2020, 12:41 AM

No thanks. I prefer not playing on a server which demands constant attention to the game.

--

This didn't affect me directly. I just thought the mage deserved some bad press for being a shit. That's why this sub-forum is here after all.

shuklak
02-10-2020, 07:24 AM
Im not sure if its more, less, or same sad given the absolute bullshit camp and level this occurred at.

Only winners this day were those who didn't log in.

Evets
02-10-2020, 11:30 AM
Not shocking to me ... when Nordok was melting down the GM's sided with him against a whole group and gave him his own room to solo in.

derpcake2
02-10-2020, 12:46 PM
Higher level characters who mess with lower level group camps are simply, F tards. I don't care what the lawyer questers will snivel about, if you are all that, go to some out of the way zone to prove your awesomeness. Otherwise you are just a turd

Rules are rules. Dura lex sed lex.

The only turd here I see is you for not understanding this.

derpcake2
02-10-2020, 12:49 PM
Everyone knows that orc1 / orc2 camps should be proper camps but for some reason aren't and this shit lord wanted to play lawyer quest instead of waiting in the queue like everyone else.

The groups that attempt to claim all spawns without being able to hold them down are the shitlords.

Its not lawyer quest if you are right.

This is why the GM ruled as he did, I hope this helps.

Polycaster
02-10-2020, 12:51 PM
The mage is the true hero, as he embodies the American spirit of rugged individualism and our can-do attitude. Huddling together in a commie group is what filthy degenerate euros do.

OuterChimp
02-10-2020, 02:08 PM
This crap never happened on Teal....i blame the Greens!

indiscriminate_hater
02-10-2020, 02:45 PM
No thanks. I prefer not playing on a server which demands constant attention to the game.

can I have your stuff when you quit?

cd288
02-10-2020, 03:14 PM

Did anyone say this Anevil person was higher level? Maybe the Orcs are blue or white for them and they are XPing, in which case they're not being a dick at all.

Thugnuts
02-10-2020, 05:18 PM
I duo'd with Anevil the other day on my alt. Probably the nicest dude I played with since I started playing again. I watched him help a newb with a corpse recovery and then give me some plat for spells. I mean assholes don't usually do that.

How many times have you been a lowbie solo player, rocked up to some camp that's got 3-4 people in a group, and they absolutely fucking ignore you like you don't even exist and don't even have the courtesy to say sorry, we're not lfm, good luck? He probably ran into that scenario, noticed they weren't keeping all the spawns down, and took something for himself that was perfectly within the rules. That'd be my guess.

Natewest1987
02-10-2020, 11:48 PM

PRO tip : stfu then nerd.

Natewest1987
02-10-2020, 11:49 PM
Also. Glad someone else came to anevil’s defense. Dude seriously is ridiculously nice. Didn’t bitch a single time about me grabbing all the wisps on an island he mostly had to himself.

Wisteso
02-13-2020, 01:32 AM
I'm glad to hear that he's sometimes nice. I sided with the orc2 camp since I know that he took stuff from orc1 when we actually were able to hold the camp just fine, though it was just one mob, one time for our group.

Orc2 is a really easy camp to hold and the group was at least a few people, so I'd be pretty surprised if they weren't holding it. Leaving a spawn up for 15 seconds isn't really not holding it.

I don't know how not allowing the obvious outdoor "camps" to actually be real camps is helping anyone. Just seems to create drama.

Hazek
02-13-2020, 07:39 AM
Not shocking to me ... when Nordok was melting down the GM's sided with him against a whole group and gave him his own room to solo in.

GM's let me keep that camp because 1. I was unjustly kicked by a dickhead who joined the group after I did, just to get me killed. 2. Its within the rules to camp it. 3. They're reasonable and have good judgement.

You're just a dumbass nobody who hides behind a fake account.

cd288
02-13-2020, 11:21 AM
I'm glad to hear that he's sometimes nice. I sided with the orc2 camp since I know that he took stuff from orc1 when we actually were able to hold the camp just fine, though it was just one mob, one time for our group.

Orc2 is a really easy camp to hold and the group was at least a few people, so I'd be pretty surprised if they weren't holding it. Leaving a spawn up for 15 seconds isn't really not holding it.

I don't know how not allowing the obvious outdoor "camps" to actually be real camps is helping anyone. Just seems to create drama.

Because this concept of outdoor "camps" was completely invented by players. Camps were never an official rule during the classic EQ days...they were handled very similarly to how they are on P99. And to make them official camps would be even worse on P99 because these days people min/max their EXP and hold down camps with like 2-3 people and refuse to let anyone else join (which never really happened in 1999), thereby exacerbating the lack of content and locking people out of XP.

Also, I'm surprised more people haven't called you out for making an RnF post ripping someone about a situation you weren't even involved in lol. That's like 5 times more of a dick move then camping a single spawn of Orc 2.