PDA

View Full Version : myconid spore king & fungus covered great staff (eventual)

supermonk
02-04-2020, 04:53 PM
shouldn't be listed imo.

Erati
02-04-2020, 05:01 PM
neither should RoA or RoM

Nirgon
02-04-2020, 05:33 PM
Oh the fungus king will definitely get a /list, locket of escape mob is another that will get hit with it

The VP medallion mobs might too

Canelek
02-04-2020, 05:39 PM
Following the consistency of which mobs will be subject to list, it would be locket, pre-nerf fungi staff, CoS and whatever else I have forgotten. Wouldn’t be VP key mobs though.

Smellybuttface
02-04-2020, 05:40 PM
Oh the fungus king will definitely get a /list, locket of escape mob is another that will get hit with it

Locket would be an interesting one considering someone would actually have to /list twice in order to actually recharge the item.

Wallicker
02-04-2020, 06:25 PM
Haha Cleric epic mob in SolA should be /list or you will see that shit ON LoCK

Tecmos Deception
02-04-2020, 06:33 PM

It'll be interesting, to say the least. For the people who can take a step back and laugh about the people who can't, anyway. Hah :)

Erati
02-04-2020, 06:35 PM
pained soul list might be worse than Manastone

the VP key camps were pretty hilarious in era though, anyone not in one of the two VP raiding guilds was immediately shunned at any camp with name calling

DMN
02-04-2020, 07:40 PM
I would imagine CoS will not be /list because of how/what drops it. I guess it's possible they could just massively increase the "list range" for that camp, too.

Swish
02-04-2020, 07:45 PM
List versus guild lockdown, pick your poison

DMN
02-04-2020, 07:47 PM
The /list is still workable but they need to make it random, like I've been suggesting forever now.

Tecmos Deception
02-04-2020, 07:50 PM
Who else here gets a boner every time they think about a fungus staff?

Which is weird since it's a lot less exciting on a sham main instead of an enchanter.

Bigsham
02-04-2020, 08:24 PM
pained soul isnt a bad camp at all

supermonk
02-05-2020, 12:55 AM
only reason i say it shouldn't be listed is because you're going to need an actual solid group + capable puller to be clearing the PHs. even if they did implement a list, the most obvious choice for the king group to be is at the exit. they're gonna get trained all day; people gonna lose the spots and all hell gonna break lose. and you know there are going to be afk rogues clogging up spots hidden somewhere. this camp is going to be a gem.

Evets
02-05-2020, 12:12 PM
only reason i say it shouldn't be listed is because you're going to need an actual solid group + capable puller to be clearing the PHs. even if they did implement a list, the most obvious choice for the king group to be is at the exit. they're gonna get trained all day; people gonna lose the spots and all hell gonna break lose. and you know there are going to be afk rogues clogging up spots hidden somewhere. this camp is going to be a gem.

Along the lines of what I was thinking... ugh king is a good exp camp like ass/sup used to be I hope it doesn't ruin the camp completely.

Bigsham
02-05-2020, 12:14 PM
lists should have a limit of players so loot and exp can be shared

might be time to add raids : )

drdrakes
02-05-2020, 12:27 PM
Kinda seems like making the legacy items nodrop would solve more issues than /list in a much simpler way. Original EQ had eBay, since that is "discouraged here" there's really no need or good case for these items messing with the economy.

Imagine if guise was tradable, imagine it in 2020!

Bigsham
02-05-2020, 12:52 PM
I prefer games where all good items are no drop and only tradeable stuff is basic AC armor like cloth or leather

Tecmos Deception
02-05-2020, 01:31 PM
I prefer games where all good items are no drop and only tradeable stuff is basic AC armor like cloth or leather

Cause people wouldn't just sell loot rights to stuff like manastones and fungus staves, right? :rolleyes:

Vizax_Xaziv
02-05-2020, 02:11 PM
How is a list system gonna work @ a camp like Fungi King, which in early-era Kunark, will require a full-group of people to clear?

Nirgon
02-05-2020, 02:41 PM
Locket would be an interesting one considering someone would actually have to /list twice in order to actually recharge the item.

Or just save it for mischief/fire pots and make it a one time usage deal.

Erati
02-05-2020, 02:43 PM
Locket n Fungi staff were the 3rd drop “ultra rares” what did that actually equate to w odds of dropping?

seems these lists where people want the 3rd drop are gonna be roughh

sedrie.bellamie
02-05-2020, 03:39 PM
Kinda seems like making the legacy items nodrop would solve more issues than /list in a much simpler way.

Wallicker
02-05-2020, 08:53 PM
If your #1 of list at staff camp you shouldn’t be allowed to loot a tunic, that would atleast incentivize the others at the camp.

Vizax_Xaziv
02-05-2020, 08:56 PM
If your #1 of list at staff camp you shouldn’t be allowed to loot a tunic, that would atleast incentivize the others at the camp.

This is actually a solid idea. Or at least a one-tunic limit so someone can't sit @ that camp and loot 3 tunics and a staff in one go.

uygi
02-05-2020, 11:43 PM
My idea is that while prenerf staff is dropping, make the tunic a separate /list so people can only go for one or the other. Same thing at CoS and locket, force them to pick a priority and leave the other drop.

The real issue at a /list camp for mobs that require a group is, there is then an incentive to "kill" the people above you. If 10 people are on RoM /list, you'd be a fool to help kill Emp cus the XP group (that not everybody can be in) could just not heal you so you'd die and fall off /list.

Natewest1987
02-06-2020, 01:30 AM
I might be misinformed, but I assumed that the list was only for legacy items ? Did they explicitly say it would continue past the removal of the current list items ?

Smellybuttface
02-06-2020, 03:26 AM
I might be misinformed, but I assumed that the list was only for legacy items ? Did they explicitly say it would continue past the removal of the current list items ?

“ “It only applies to a very few, highly contested, NPCs, which drop "legacy" items (ie. items which will soon be removed from the game).””

Legacy items are just “items which will soon be removed from the game,” doesn’t imply that it’s only “Classic” zones.

Erati
02-06-2020, 12:15 PM

Ton Po's, Locket of Escape, Rod of Annihilation, Rod of Morning, Fungi Staff, Circlet of ShadowS are all Kunark legacy items

there are however some lower tiered legacy Kunark items as well

Moss Covered Twig, Gem Encrusted Ring, Ringed Mace of the Ykesha, Totem of Wizened Spirits are a few that come to mind...not sure how they will handle all this Kunark has ALOT of items that get removed.

Polycaster
02-06-2020, 01:30 PM
How is a list system gonna work @ a camp like Fungi King, which in early-era Kunark, will require a full-group of people to clear?

If people thought manastone caused drama, just wait till multiple pug groups are all vying to... not kill the mob cuz they don't want to help anyone else.

Erati
02-06-2020, 01:54 PM
warrior shrink bracers should be high in supply at least

Bigsham
02-06-2020, 03:15 PM
Ton Po's, Locket of Escape, Rod of Annihilation, Rod of Morning, Fungi Staff, Circlet of ShadowS are all Kunark legacy items

there are however some lower tiered legacy Kunark items as well

Moss Covered Twig, Gem Encrusted Ring, Ringed Mace of the Ykesha, Totem of Wizened Spirits are a few that come to mind...not sure how they will handle all this Kunark has ALOT of items that get removed.

Sadly attack speed delay is heavily nerfed on p99 and moss covered twig and efreeti mace will never have their true magic available to us.

turbosilk
02-06-2020, 05:00 PM
The /list is still workable but they need to make it random, like I've been suggesting forever now.

And set the /list radius to point blank as I've suggested.

sedrie.bellamie
02-07-2020, 08:42 AM
This is actually a solid idea. Or at least a one-tunic limit so someone can't sit @ that camp and loot 3 tunics and a staff in one go.

this guy has never been over level 40

MasterCS
02-07-2020, 04:26 PM
I’m all for the list, only if they don’t alter the drop rates like they did with MS.

Karok
02-07-2020, 06:56 PM
Sadly attack speed delay is heavily nerfed on p99 and moss covered twig and efreeti mace will never have their true magic available to us.

What was the original efreeti mace stats?

Pseudechis
02-07-2020, 11:48 PM

Oh God, Verix List....

bubur
02-08-2020, 12:42 AM
no list

DMN
02-08-2020, 04:29 AM
What was the original efreeti mace stats?

First, I think he is referring to the efreeti standard, not mace. Second, the stats didn't change, they just made it offhand only.

Master Roshi
02-08-2020, 06:05 PM
Some of these Kunark items dropped for MUCH longer then the classic legacy items, so there's already a ton of them on blue, idk about /list for a CoS, they barely go for 30k right now.