PDA

View Full Version : Grimey Thief - Galtaliel

Jwilliams371
02-03-2020, 04:36 PM
People seriously go around sitting invis at vendors waiting for people to recharge so they can snipe off the vendor? Lesson learned I guess but didn’t realize people were stooping this low for a few pixels. Hope the 3 wands were worth it Galtaliel you POS. Warning for others, watch out for people invis or hiding at vendors trying to snipe rechargeable items.

Mead
02-03-2020, 04:43 PM
nice attachment boss

Kohedron
02-03-2020, 04:44 PM
shit's classic

/thread

Also 10/10 image

Mead
02-03-2020, 04:45 PM
when you get so rustled you can't even get the thumbnail right-side up

Kron
02-03-2020, 04:49 PM
I have trust issues and the first thing I check when doing floor transfers/vendor recharge is for invs people.

Also not sure what the picture is... maybe a cat laying on a wood floor?

stebbins99
02-03-2020, 04:50 PM
Though I've never recharged anything, I would advise the same type of caution (ie have *see invis* up!) whenever you're about to do a ground transfer between toons.

Had some creep pick up my empty backpacks and then ask me if I was looking for something, hah

Zeboim
02-03-2020, 04:53 PM
Is this performance art?

Jungleberry
02-03-2020, 04:55 PM
Nice attachment.

Jwilliams371
02-03-2020, 05:02 PM
Fixed the attachment you savages. Uploaded from my phone, not sure why it turned it upside down.

Smellybuttface
02-03-2020, 05:06 PM
I can only assume it was a completely random happenstance this guy was by the merchant. Was it a completely out of the way merchant at least? Otherwise would have to be a truly desperate individual to actually wait at a random merchant HOPING someone would chance by to recharge items.

Nirgon
02-03-2020, 05:06 PM
Maybe you had your phone upside down there Mr Spielberg

Stickyfingers
02-03-2020, 05:07 PM
This guy went full 1999 and fished a monitor out of the trash it seems.

Benanov
02-03-2020, 05:08 PM
Orientation-challenged pic

OK Boomer

This thread isn't nearly as good as the one from a few years back where some guy poking around unutilized merchants in Freeport was hanging out as an entire guild recharged their gear and he scooped a ton of it up.

2 stars

Phaezed-Reality
02-03-2020, 05:11 PM
https://i.imgur.com/JYizSQc.jpg

Hazek
02-03-2020, 05:11 PM
https://i.imgur.com/OONpPGg.png

YendorLootmonkey
02-03-2020, 05:12 PM
I can only assume it was a completely random happenstance this guy was by the merchant. Was it a completely out of the way merchant at least? Otherwise would have to be a truly desperate individual to actually wait at a random merchant HOPING someone would chance by to recharge items.

All you need to do is come across someone wanding mobs... you know they have to recharge when they're done, so you follow them invis knowing exactly what they are going to do. This happened to a guildmate of mine yesterday. It's a thing in OoT.

Teppler
02-03-2020, 05:19 PM
All you need to do is come across someone wanding mobs... you know they have to recharge when they're done, so you follow them invis knowing exactly what they are going to do. This happened to a guildmate of mine yesterday. It's a thing in OoT.

Reminds me of my irl friend in 1999 who was a scammer. Guy was so good at it I was weirded out. He basically figured out a way to get people to PM him their passwords then would steal all their stuff.

My thought during this whole thing was..... who takes the time to try to figure out something like that? I have to believe the same for recharge stalkers. That is disturbing behavior you are outlining.

Wonkie
02-03-2020, 05:26 PM

I'm in awe of how terrible that is :D

Zeboim
02-03-2020, 05:27 PM

Those names are Oasis gypsies.

It takes a real big brain fucking genius to do recharges on Oasis gypsies.

Ashenden
02-03-2020, 05:40 PM
Recharging is lame. Ten atta ten.

indiscriminate_hater
02-03-2020, 06:58 PM
I'm so sorry you got burned while exploiting game mechanics

Jwilliams371
02-03-2020, 07:14 PM
Fairly certain it’s “classic” and has been established by staff as not an exploit. Thanks try again.

Lhord99
02-03-2020, 07:32 PM
Gad dammit. Locked my phone orientation to read the first post upside down, only to find it reposted right side up.

You stole my time, you thief!

Bigsham
02-03-2020, 08:41 PM
bet you 10 bucks he was just there shopping and saw you put those wands up and was like oh nice.

100% random

Jwilliams371
02-03-2020, 09:16 PM
There was nobody around, was definitely invis. Then he DC'ed right after he bought them...100% douche

damus1
02-03-2020, 09:59 PM
so you were grinding specs and doing 2 rounds of recharges every 16 mins from vendors 100ft away in an extremely public zone? Id say it was only a matter of time. Should take better precautions. That does suck but honestly you paint a huge target on yourself being so blatant and careless

Duane
02-03-2020, 11:49 PM
Grats Galtaliel

Tethler
02-04-2020, 12:08 AM
Be more careful next time you want to exploit game mechanics to PL yourself.

gnomishfirework
02-04-2020, 12:50 AM
Careful, lots of sociopathic scumbags here. After they drain their mom’s social security money to RMT they have to move on to shit like this. Sad really.

Castle2.0
02-04-2020, 02:01 AM
Actually in classic vendors were locked like TS containers... 1 vendor, 1 toon at a time.

Can we get some classic up in here?

Sniping people's items while they recharge is equivalent to theft - wouldn't even be possible in classic unless they exited vendor.

jmart1983
02-04-2020, 02:09 AM
This is similar to how I made a small fortune on blue. They were always easy to spot coming out of the NFP bank. Always low level, no gear. They'd immediately dip in to one of the random buildings around the bank. They'd find a building with stairs and vacant rooms. I'd follow behind invisible, careful to avoid them if they doubled back and bumped in to me. That would always spook them. Then they'd drop bags and bags of shit on the ground. I always assumed I'd end up banned from unknowingly scoring some RMTd items but that never happened. The funniest part is this ended up being more fun then the actual game and my highest char is a 36 shaman.

elwing
02-04-2020, 02:18 AM
Vendored items are fair game, sorry you lost...

indiscriminate_hater
02-04-2020, 03:09 AM
Vendored items are fair game, sorry you lost...

White_knight
02-04-2020, 04:15 AM
So the Goodie 2 Shoe brigade are at it again on p99.

Some dude prob. popping to a vendor sees an item buys it now he is in a name and shame thread and probably will get ostracized by the community.

P99 Goodie 2 Shoe brigade is worse then the scum lords.

Tethler
02-04-2020, 05:23 AM
So the Goodie 2 Shoe brigade are at it again on p99.

Some dude prob. popping to a vendor sees an item buys it now he is in a name and shame thread and probably will get ostracized by the community.

P99 Goodie 2 Shoe brigade is worse then the scum lords.

White knight is white knighting for the bad guys. Excellent irony, sir.

BlackBellamy
02-04-2020, 06:33 AM
This is similar to how I made a small fortune on blue. They were always easy to spot coming out of the NFP bank. Always low level, no gear. They'd immediately dip in to one of the random buildings around the bank. They'd find a building with stairs and vacant rooms. I'd follow behind invisible, careful to avoid them if they doubled back and bumped in to me. That would always spook them. Then they'd drop bags and bags of shit on the ground. I always assumed I'd end up banned from unknowingly scoring some RMTd items but that never happened. The funniest part is this ended up being more fun then the actual game and my highest char is a 36 shaman.

When you come out of the bank and turn left and go into a alleyway there is an inn with three stories and lots of rooms and it makes people feel secure. It's like a magnet that place.

Smellybuttface
02-04-2020, 07:44 AM
Actually in classic vendors were locked like TS containers... 1 vendor, 1 toon at a time.

Sniping people's items while they recharge is equivalent to theft - wouldn't even be possible in classic unless they exited vendor.

I remember not being able to use vendors when another character was using them, similar to how TS containers are.

Was this alpha and never made it to classic, or just not mentioned in patch notes? Cannot find any mention in patch notes.

Asking because (1) I remember it classic (but could be misremembering) and (2) recent case of item theft while recharging brought it to mind.

Thankfully, I haven't been ganked by these underhanded con artists, but the threat is real yo.

Anyone remember this or find any post, patch note, etc. in regards to this?

Sounds like pure conjecture on your part. No proof to backup this claim.

Wallicker
02-04-2020, 08:01 AM
I was running along wall in gfay on Occisa and saw a bag picked it up and it had a full set of bronze and some other stuff like first week of green.... tracked the guy down and gave him his stuff back, apparently he went LD swapping... really dumb to drop a bag full of stuff to
Transfer on the wall next to BB zoneline in gfay with 200+ people in zone though lol.

Daemrius
02-04-2020, 11:00 AM

Some quick sleuth work reveals that Transan is a gypsy merchant in OOM which means the guy was in a populated zone, AoEing spectres with a common tactic. So an exploiter got exploited... weird.

beversami
02-04-2020, 11:48 AM
Just remember that there's a racist guild on green who think they're just roleplaying.

Stickyfingers
02-04-2020, 12:26 PM
Just remember that there's a racist guild on green who think they're just roleplaying.

Why are you so focused on calling out Kingdom?

cd288
02-04-2020, 01:14 PM

Provide proof of that then instead of criticizing that something isn't classic

cd288
02-04-2020, 01:16 PM

This joke is becoming pretty tiring and stupid. It also is irrelevant to this thread.

RipVanFish
02-04-2020, 01:29 PM

This is indeed old and tired and needs to stop.

Horza
02-04-2020, 01:40 PM
We're the joke police, and we're here to say: 'no fun allowed.'

Nirgon
02-04-2020, 01:54 PM
Do you play on any p99 server? Seems to me you're the police of nuthin.

Smellybuttface
02-04-2020, 02:47 PM
Some quick sleuth work reveals that Transan is a gypsy merchant in OOM which means the guy was in a populated zone, AoEing spectres with a common tactic. So an exploiter got exploited... weird.

Aha. Well if OP used such a heavily travelled merchant, he was asking for it. There are several out of the way merchants, even in East Freeport or Rivervale etc. that no one frequents.

Also, using a merchant to recharge items, someone invis has just as much right to purchase those items as you do to sell them. It's not against any rules, and if you take no precautions on where you recharge then you're not going to get any sympathy here in RnF. Name and shame fail.

Zal22
02-04-2020, 02:50 PM
https://i.imgur.com/JYizSQc.jpg

Fucking gross. It sure is an all-night setup.

Lumpbump
People seriously go around sitting invis at vendors waiting for people to recharge so they can snipe off the vendor? Lesson learned I guess but didn’t realize people were stooping this low for a few pixels. Hope the 3 wands were worth it Galtaliel you POS. Warning for others, watch out for people invis or hiding at vendors trying to snipe rechargeable items.

He got me too. my mistake. i was being careless but yah vendor thievery at its finest

Zal22

Comoc1
02-04-2020, 03:05 PM
That’s a trick out of Caiu’s playbook. Just be wary when you start recharging bladestoppers and puppet strings.

Erati
02-04-2020, 03:31 PM
when the item recharges for 9 gold, it's on YOU to find a safe vendor

that's always the biggest thing when recharging, when you gamble an item that any normal noob in the area can just buy w whatever coin they have on them

when you recharge items that require a bank visit, you have a little more security doing it in open

Jeggred Baenre
02-05-2020, 09:46 PM
I'm so sorry you got burned while exploiting game mechanics

^

Lumpbump
02-10-2020, 09:56 AM
Doacoiel suspected thief. watch out

Lumpbump
02-10-2020, 11:00 PM
Caught his ass red handed. Doacoiel oasis vendor thief. Exposed, shamed, wish i could have him suspended. but yah Be careful out there guys. Not everyone is happy with your successes!

damus1
02-10-2020, 11:20 PM
the theme of this thread has been that using the oasis vendors while you're leveling in the oasis is stupid. You've just shamed yourself bro

Natewest1987
02-11-2020, 12:15 AM

I camped those stupid wands for days only to realize that camp is never open lol

jacobar
02-11-2020, 11:25 AM

Lol at nit having see invis. its 2020, get gud

derpcake2
02-11-2020, 12:39 PM
A fool and their redwood wands are easily parted.

tl;dr: op is a retard, move to resolved

Polycaster
02-11-2020, 01:18 PM
Hey boomer, L2Screenshot

Man-made global warming isn't real.
Carthago delenda est.

Horza
02-11-2020, 01:24 PM
Man-made global warming isn't real.

Shut up Teppler.

Smellybuttface
02-11-2020, 01:42 PM
Shut up Teppler.

Skarne
02-11-2020, 03:23 PM
Shut up Teppler.

Madbad
02-11-2020, 03:47 PM
AWWW SHIT LOOK AT THE CRUST ON HIS COMPUTER SCREEN!

shuklak
02-11-2020, 06:18 PM
2 wrongs make a good thread.

Lumpbump
03-08-2020, 12:15 PM
Bindina and Dialadad added to thief list

Gatorsmash
03-08-2020, 12:24 PM
Bindina and Dialadad added to thief list

If your so fucking dumb to vendor recharge without see-invis you deserve what you get.

Wutaan
03-08-2020, 12:37 PM
All you people crying racism, how do you even know DMO guys are white? You can only be racist if you're a white guy. You guys are sensitive

Also Castle is right, Vendors and even bankers were locked to 1 person and many people got flamed for afk tying up a banker.