PDA

View Full Version : Manastone - Best way to approach?

Annona
01-30-2020, 12:42 PM
If I can accomplish but one thing before legacy items disappear, it is to obtain a manastone.

What am I looking at here in terms of what I will have to endure? I know there is a list and how it works. I know there will be a line. So I guess my true questions are:

1) Is it best to attempt this now or in a month or two when perhaps more people already have it?

2) What kind of time am I realistically looking at in order to have a chance at this? At best I can put a full weekend into it, non-stop if I have to.

3) As long as I continue to meet the criteria to maintain my spot on the list is there any way that I can still get screwed out of the item?

4) What is the list length typically right now and how many stones are dropped a day approximately?

Any advice is appreciated but I am dead set on getting one and my hope is someone can give me advice to make it as easy as possible (which won't be easy I know).

Thanks.

supermonk
01-30-2020, 12:56 PM
either have some friends who can rotate with you or buy an eightball of some cocaine. you're looking at 50+ hours atm.

muffler
01-30-2020, 12:56 PM
First of all - let me wish you the best of luck in obtaining your manastone as you seem very determined to obtain it. As to your questions;

1) this will always be a highly sought after item so I don't think waiting a month or two will diminish the work required at the camp.

2) This is RNG based, several people have posted about day(s) long before seeing a manastone drop I believe there's one forum post claiming 107 hours.

3) Not that im aware of.

4) Again RNG

You asked for advice and here it is, either obtain an adderoll prescription from your doctor or account share like the majority of the community is doing right now otherwise its just a detriment to your heath - there's zero REASONABLE way to camp these items by yourself currently. I've seen people log off briefly, come back speaking different languages casting different spells sitting in different spots - all while maintaining their spot on the "list" my best advice is to find a trusted friend and park yourself there 24/7.

Polycaster
01-30-2020, 12:59 PM
I've seen people log off briefly, come back speaking different languages casting different spells sitting in different spots - all while maintaining their spot on the "list" my best advice is to find a trusted friend and park yourself there 24/7.

That could have been legit. I had a friend camp it for 70 hours w/o relief, and the last day in /gu he was speaking in tongues and prophesying doom Book of Revelations-style.

Kron
01-30-2020, 01:00 PM
It's easy if you work request a Friday and Monday off assuming you get Sat/Sun off. Then go to bed early that Thursday and wake up Friday morning fresh and ready to sit till possibly Monday.

If you have a wife/kids/family tell them you they're dead to you for the next 2-4 days.

Or you can do the easy route and just say screw it and not get it because honestly you may get burned out soon and quit playing the game anyway.

muffler
01-30-2020, 01:08 PM
That could have been legit. I had a friend camp it for 70 hours w/o relief, and the last day in /gu he was speaking in tongues and prophesying doom Book of Revelations-style.

But I was speaking about people that log off for 2-5 minutes and come back and suddenly are behaving drastically different, its almost as if.... GASP, they're a totally different person tapping in!

Annona
01-30-2020, 01:23 PM
Ugh! I fear the reason it is camped goes beyond the "I want one for my personal use". I would imagine you have people camping it for big plat selling them later or GASP! breaking the rules and selling for real money. I guess that is the part of Everquest which made it unique, no instances and the competition of who can bare the brunt of their ass on a chair the longest or come up with a plan that utilizes several people to prevent the casual from having a chance.

Still love the game. I am sure I will try. We will see how I endure.

BlackBellamy
01-30-2020, 01:43 PM
If I can accomplish but one thing before legacy items disappear, it is to obtain a manastone.

What am I looking at here in terms of what I will have to endure?

You're going to have to endure a series of plat farming camps. You're going to log in and either farm things like giants and trees for money, or sit in lguk somewhere hoping to get some loots for sale in ec. Once you reach about 90K, you buy a manastone.

drdrakes
01-30-2020, 01:56 PM
If you are gonna do it you have to realize you should really only try once and don't quit once you start, even if it takes 4 days. Def get a friend(s) that won't mess up the AFK check day 3 though.

Isomorphic
01-30-2020, 02:08 PM
After the merge anyone selling a manastone for 90k is dumb.

Kohedron
01-30-2020, 02:43 PM
Take 3 days off work and let the suffering begin

Bigsham
01-30-2020, 02:56 PM
2-4 days are you guys being serious?

Annona
01-30-2020, 03:34 PM
Oh, thought of one more question. Do you stay in line at number 1 till you get a manastone or does it cycle for every evil eye kill you go back of the line again?

Cen
01-30-2020, 03:37 PM
Oh, thought of one more question. Do you stay in line at number 1 till you get a manastone or does it cycle for every evil eye kill you go back of the line again?

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337066

jackd104
01-30-2020, 03:55 PM
Best way to approach manastone. Go to the bathroom. Look in the mirror. Say, “Don’t be an idiot. You don’t need a manastone.” Go do something fun or useful.

Dolalin
01-30-2020, 04:06 PM
The only winning move is not to play.

Bigsham
01-30-2020, 04:24 PM
at 100 hours for a 100k item most max level people can make 1k per hour at their own pace /shrug

i cant play for more then a few hours before i gotta get up and do smething else

i would rather farm bears and sell backpacks for 6 months to buy one lol

kotton05
01-30-2020, 04:26 PM
Shits not even worth it lol

eqravenprince
01-30-2020, 04:51 PM
Item is overrated. Skip getting the manastone, play a shaman or necro to sacrifice health for mana.

loramin
01-30-2020, 04:57 PM
Unless you have lots of stimulants and absolutely no life a long block of free time, you really can't do the manastone camp at this point without a partner. And even then, you're each giving up 1/2 your day for close to a week to do so.

Haynar
01-30-2020, 05:24 PM
Pretend there is no such thing as a manastone.

Go on and live a full and fulfilling life.

Grakken
01-30-2020, 05:29 PM

I have a manastone. Now it is a toy I only use in two scenarios:

1: running from Zone A to Zone B and am not Full mana.
2: I'm tanking something like a fire giant after a slow and I see a Cheal coming in. I like to pucker up and manastone to 200ish HP.

Bigsham
01-30-2020, 07:51 PM
Pal or SK???

Smellybuttface
01-30-2020, 08:34 PM
OP, read this thread before you think about starting the Manastone camp:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348489

Drdrakes spent 100 straight hours at the camp. Do yourself a favor, and go camp the Guise or Jboots if you REALLY want a legacy item. Those at least will be usable for the life of your character, as opposed to Manastone which can only be used in classic zones.
Otherwise be prepared to stay at your chair and click a small box every 5-15 minutes for FOUR DAYS STRAIGHT.

I've seen a post where a guy spent 50 hours at the camp, only to suddenly fall asleep for just 20 minutes and lost his spot and the entire time he spent at the camp. People also get trained fairly often at the Manastone camp, so be prepared for that, and if you don't make it back to the camp in time if you die you will lose all your progress as well. You lose your spot on the list, no amount of petitioning is going to get it back.

Heed these words:

gnomishfirework
01-31-2020, 12:11 AM
But I was speaking about people that log off for 2-5 minutes and come back and suddenly are behaving drastically different, its almost as if.... GASP, they're a totally different person tapping in!

I just did an almost 100 hour camp. Literally everyone who got the stone was using relief.

I once got on at 4, and fell asleep at 1. Person before me only /list a total of 7.5 hours until manastone, and I would’ve gotten mine in like 26 or 27 total hours total (so person after me got it in like 20-24 then).

It isn’t impossible, but you need to get super lucky. /list under 4 and lots of drops. I just dont really see a short list happening after merge, though.

skorge
01-31-2020, 05:53 AM

^ or trade/buy one playing the game as you normally would.

Castle2.0
01-31-2020, 08:42 AM
After the merge anyone selling a manastone for 90k is dumb. Fact Check True: a manastone takes much longer to get now.

WTS Manastone 200k PST to Mannastone in-game.

I'll make my case in a WTS thread. Stay tuned, and if you do go for it bro, good luck.

jackd104
01-31-2020, 09:05 AM
The takeaway of this thread. /list system has forced account sharing as the only feasible method to get a manastone. /list system is a failure and should never be reemployed.

jackd104
01-31-2020, 09:06 AM
Dear mods: is hiring employees to camp manastone for you against the rules? If so please update server rules regarding this.

Tecmos Deception
01-31-2020, 09:10 AM
Dear mods: is hiring employees to camp manastone for you against the rules? If so please update server rules regarding this.

It's already in the rules. You were just too lazy to find it.

The involvement of any currency, items, or services external to any Project 1999 Server (Including but not limited to: real money (USD, Euro, Etc), regulated or otherwise (Bitcoins), Food/Delivery, Virtual currency of any other game (Platinum on Live or other EQEmulator Servers, Beta Keys for the latest new game, etc)) for any of that Project 1999 server's virtual items or service (Including by not limited to: Items, Platinum, Powerlevelling, Accounts/Characters) is strictly forbidden.

Technically even bribing your wife with household chores to get her babysit your AFK checks while you nap is against P99's RMT rules.

DMN
01-31-2020, 09:14 AM
Best way to approach a manstone is from behind, and given it'a a perfectly symmetrical object... your math teacher knows the solution.

Hazek
01-31-2020, 09:19 AM
Get good sleep. Try to get at least 6th on list. Share your account or sleep between afk checks. You have 15 minutes.

Did mine sober without sharing my account. First one 35 hours, second one 102 hours.

Fact Check True: a manastone takes much longer to get now.

WTS Manastone 200k PST to Mannastone in-game.

I'll make my case in a WTS thread. Stay tuned, and if you do go for it bro, good luck.

Its worth much more but people don't have 200k yet so I sold mine for less. But if I farm another one I wont sell below 150k. Hope you get it tho.

jackd104
01-31-2020, 09:40 AM
It's already in the rules. You were just too lazy to find it.

Technically even bribing your wife with household chores to get her babysit your AFK checks while you nap is against P99's RMT rules.

Thank you for looking up the rules in my behalf and delivering the info to me. These rules state that account sharing to obtain manastone is not allowed under the definition of “service”. For instance, if I help someone obtain a manastone and they in turn help me, we are exchanging services for an item. Mods, please enforce your own rules.

Castle2.0
01-31-2020, 09:50 AM
Get good sleep. Try to get at least 6th on list. Share your account or sleep between afk checks. You have 15 minutes.

Question: What is the shortest AFK check that is possible?

Answer: Most people don't know, and if they do keep track they only have their own limited data.

I talked to someone who took notes and had an AFK check at 5 minutes 30 seconds. That means, if you're really unlucky.. you could get 2x AFK checks in 11 minutes and fail.

The longer you're on list the more likely to have 2 afk checks get real close together.

Don't risk it at 15 minutes. 10 is safe.... as far as I know right now.

Stickyfingers
01-31-2020, 10:52 AM
Unless you have lots of stimulants and absolutely no life a long block of free time, you really can't do the manastone camp at this point without a partner. And even then, you're each giving up 1/2 your day for close to a week to do so.

It is doable without a partner, I know someone who did 4 days 10 hours by himself. Said he has found ways to sleep in between the AFK timers.

derpcake2
01-31-2020, 12:00 PM
I hope everyone that camped a manastone gets a great deal of joy out of it, because the act of doing so indicates they don't really have much if anything going on outside EQ.

Smellybuttface
01-31-2020, 02:38 PM
I hope everyone that camped a manastone gets a great deal of joy out of it, because the act of doing so indicates they don't really have much if anything going on outside EQ.

^ This. I can ever only play EQ a couple hours at a time before inevitably my eyes start swimming. Ironically can do work at a computer for much longer, but I almost envy that someone has 4 days they could devote to playing a video game. 99% of people don’t have that luxury (and arguably shouldn’t have that luxury).

cd288
01-31-2020, 02:52 PM
With the amount of hours it takes to get the stone, you could just farm plat for that total amount of hours over a couple weeks and probably be able to afford one. And you'll be healthier for it.

cd288
01-31-2020, 02:54 PM
^ This. I can ever only play EQ a couple hours at a time before inevitably my eyes start swimming. Ironically can do work at a computer for much longer, but I almost envy that someone has 4 days they could devote to playing a video game. 99% of people don’t have that luxury (and arguably shouldn’t have that luxury).

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people work remotely and can therefore just click the AFK check all day long. Sure, by day 3 you'd probably have to request a legit day off from work, but you could do the first two days while working with P99 open on the side.

Phaezed-Reality
01-31-2020, 03:46 PM
pervert powder, look it up.

shovelquest
01-31-2020, 05:31 PM
https://www.fiverr.com/ :(

Visual
01-31-2020, 07:57 PM
It is doable without a partner, I know someone who did 4 days 10 hours by himself. Said he has found ways to sleep in between the AFK timers.

lol thats one hell of a power nap

shovelquest
01-31-2020, 08:15 PM
Seinfield made an episode about camping manastones (https://youtu.be/IRt3g4Ps7IY?t=7)

kjs86z
01-31-2020, 10:12 PM
Imagine staying up for days at a time for pixels on P99.

Seriously. Seek help.

Clumpoid
01-31-2020, 10:19 PM
You can function with 6 20min naps a day indefinitely it’s called the Uberman sleep schedule but it’s something that takes a lot of practice

pgerman
01-31-2020, 10:27 PM
1. use a vpn and train the people camping it during off hours like 2am EST

2. Relog your 2nd toon that sits at chr select on different IP and steal the named

3. go to forum and RMT it to some fat 45 year old man child for 300 clean cash, and retire at Burger King . Or just keep it , and click it once every two months on an EC tunnel trader like everyone else.

Castle2.0
02-01-2020, 12:22 AM
1. use a vpn and train the people camping it during off hours like 2am EST All casters bound on the steps while listed. Fatal flaw in your plan. The rest sounds pretty good I guess.

aaezil
02-01-2020, 12:27 AM
You will have to wait in line behind tHe RMTers for 50 hours sorry

silo32
02-01-2020, 06:59 PM
op to answer your question with nothing but pure love from my heart from one human to another

you will die in this attempt at this objective in its current state

you should seek mental health and find better productive ways to spend your life

god bless

Octopath
02-01-2020, 07:41 PM
Seinfield made an episode about camping manastones (https://youtu.be/IRt3g4Ps7IY?t=7)

That was funny

Palemoon
02-01-2020, 09:36 PM
All casters bound on the steps while listed. Fatal flaw in your plan. The rest sounds pretty good I guess.

Another thing red99 has over blue/green to go along with no recharging: No binding in dungeons.

You guys are playing super ez mode.

Tecmos Deception
02-01-2020, 09:51 PM
Another thing red99 has over blue/green to go along with no recharging: No binding in dungeons.

You guys are playing super ez mode.

You mean super classic.

And blue doesn't allow binding in dungeons. Hasn't for years now.

Madbad
02-01-2020, 10:36 PM
either have some friends who can rotate with you or buy an eightball of some cocaine. you're looking at 50+ hours atm.

I don't see an 8-ball lasting long enough to camp manastone.

aaezil
02-01-2020, 10:54 PM
If you die camping it can i have your spot on the list?

choppedandglued
02-03-2020, 11:10 PM
You can function with 6 20min naps a day indefinitely it’s called the Uberman sleep schedule but it’s something that takes a lot of practice

yah its mostly surgens and ice road truckers that follow this regime as they reap the most rewards. :rolleyes:

Bazia
02-03-2020, 11:30 PM
Screen share between like 6 guildies like everyone else does

gnomishfirework
02-04-2020, 12:45 AM
Screen share between like 6 guildies like everyone else does

Can you name names for who’s screen sharing?

That’s boxing. Move up spots, name names!

I’ve noticed most people have others log in. You see people on list logging in and out.

Bigsham
02-04-2020, 03:12 PM
hence why lists are stupid and dont work

/roll for stuff and give everyone a chance

Smellybuttface
02-04-2020, 04:39 PM

Thing is, if not for lists you wouldn’t ever get a chance at these /list camps to begin with. The high end guilds would have Evil Eye and the chick in Najena permalocked, and just keep passing the camp from guildmate to guildmate. /lists at least allow non-neckbeards to have a chance at Jboots and Guise. All these camps can be solo’d, so would likely not allow groups in there to even have a chance at rolling on a drop.

Though probably have to be fairly neckbeardy to go for Manastone. 100ish hours on a list would drive most people completely insane.

Erati
02-04-2020, 04:44 PM

Is there anything worse than grouping at a named camp for hours, losing drops but everyone in group is “getting theirs” then passing til eventually you have to replace someone and that new dude swoops in beats your roll that had been “cooking” for hours.

Yeaaaaa thats why lists are not the worse

Nahilu
02-04-2020, 08:18 PM
Here How I did mine.

plug your TV in your bedroom and plug your PC with HDMI on it.

https://www.online-stopwatch.com/timer/10minutes/

Set a timer 10 minute REALLY LOUD maximum volume.

Do the Stupid afk check

Restart Timer

Sleep well for 10 minutes.

Repeat. until you get number 1 on list.

Once Number 1 on list.

Use a timer for 10 Minutes for the Afk check
Sleep 10 minutes

Use a second timer for 18 minutes to kill the PH
Sleep 8 minute

Have fun

Bigsham
02-04-2020, 08:20 PM
pass

Smellybuttface
02-04-2020, 08:33 PM
Here How I did mine.

plug your TV in your bedroom and plug your PC with HDMI on it.

https://www.online-stopwatch.com/timer/10minutes/

Set a timer 10 minute REALLY LOUD maximum volume.

Do the Stupid afk check

Restart Timer

Sleep well for 10 minutes.

Repeat. until you get number 1 on list.

Once Number 1 on list.

Use a timer for 10 Minutes for the Afk check
Sleep 10 minutes

Use a second timer for 18 minutes to kill the PH
Sleep 8 minute

Have fun

The very definition of misery.

ZiggyTheMuss