01-29-2020, 07:06 PM
I'm so tired of this shit.

"Any _____?"
Rez
Port
Clarity
Help PL
POTG

I get it's a community'ish but if you're gonna beg for something at least say "Paying for___". Ever kill a derv in your life and get a bronze dagger? That's like 2p. Now give it to someone for a service you need and explain you wish you had more but am broke at the moment. Congratulations, you just exchanged currency for goods and/or services...welcome to civilization.

If you don't have deep pockets, like most of us, use extra words. They are free. Butter people up with compliments, enter into a 2-3 sentence conversation before you ask someone to port you out of the middle of nowhere.

PS: Seriously, we know you have at one point bought spells or gear. A fine steel short sword sells for like 5plat. Don't be cheap, we know you're just being cheap. If you can't pay 30p for a port just run; if you can't donate 50p for a rez just go kill more stuff and think about the consequences that shifted your yellow bar to the left.

Siege
01-29-2020, 07:08 PM
I never beg people for shit, but the economy on this server is fucked. I can understand why people are hoarding their EQ shekels.

Snaggles
01-29-2020, 07:13 PM
Begging is fine. Just a bit of common courtesy is all. Like a /tell with a polite request.

If people are trying to rally for a raid target, epic kill, etc yea...porters port and rezzers rez. It's the food cycle of EQ. This is just for the general people who can't bother to start a broadcast with anything but, "Any____???".

Swish
01-29-2020, 08:58 PM
If you do send someone a tell, start it with "POLITE REQUEST: Hello sir, I was just wondering..."

You're complimenting them while being polite (because it says polite request), so you should see better success in terms of pixels or coin

Bardp1999
01-29-2020, 09:04 PM
If shit lord Swish has his account back reinstate Spyder73.

Also OP seems like a piece of shit, I don't charge people for buffs and neither should you

Swish
01-29-2020, 09:21 PM
If shit lord Swish has his account back reinstate Spyder73.

Also OP seems like a piece of shit, I don't charge people for buffs and neither should you

I've had it back for many months, are you slow?

Tilien
01-29-2020, 11:20 PM
Any buffs?

Bboboo
01-30-2020, 12:32 AM
If you do send someone a tell, start it with "POLITE REQUEST: Hello sir, I was just wondering..."

You're complimenting them while being polite (because it says polite request), so you should see better success in terms of pixels or coin

POLITE REQUEST: Hello sir, I was just wondering... if you could stop posting.

Tuljin
01-30-2020, 12:46 AM
Tells work way better than /say and 1-5pp is a fine tip, if you're a nub own it and people will hook you up generally

supermonk
01-30-2020, 06:16 AM
if begging is an actual EQ skill you can use on NPCs, then why can't people beg to non-NPCs? food for thought.

ZiggyTheMuss
01-30-2020, 07:57 AM
if begging is an actual EQ skill you can use on NPCs, then why can't people beg to non-NPCs? food for thought.

NPCs also will murder you sometimes when you beg so there you go

supermonk
01-30-2020, 08:46 AM
NPCs also will murder you sometimes when you beg so there you go

and PCs revert to RnF. tbh OP man...wtf do you expect man playing those types of classes? you knew this would happen so either ignore them, troll them, or set a price.

dwmaze
01-30-2020, 09:00 AM
A few days ago I ooc'd politely asking if anyone could port a lowbie (level 9) to EC and that I'd only be able to donate 5pp. One individual ridiculed me in ooc for the next 10 minutes telling me I'd better start running because my donation was pathetic.

So remember: some people are just assholes!

Hyppon
01-30-2020, 09:46 AM
If someone isn't offering me Olive Garden breadsticks in exchange for SoW, I move on!

Snaggles
01-30-2020, 01:47 PM
My only gripe is that literal phrase, “Any (service/buff)?” Two.damn.words.

I don’t care about the plat. I hate the presumption and efficiency of word use that someone would just blast to the zone, in two words, if this thing is possible at all. As if someone will be excited to run over to help or stop what they are doing to log in a specific toon.

I frequently rez and buff people with multiple characters for free. See someone struggling to grind and figure I’ll do them a random solid (it makes ya feel good). Rarely if they can’t be bothered to hint at a donation or even just give the impression your efforts would be needed or at least appreciated (ie “Can anyone please rez me? I’m not having the best luck.”). When did “please” and “thank you” become such a tough ask? We texted that shit over a decade ago before phones had keyboards.

If you are asking for common courtesy it helps to show a bit.

Comoc1
01-30-2020, 02:15 PM
A few days ago I ooc'd politely asking if anyone could port a lowbie (level 9) to EC and that I'd only be able to donate 5pp. One individual ridiculed me in ooc for the next 10 minutes telling me I'd better start running because my donation was pathetic.

So remember: some people are just assholes!

Get the port first, then pay after and tell them that’s all you got.

dwmaze
01-30-2020, 02:29 PM
My only gripe is that literal phrase, “Any (service/buff)?” Two.damn.words.

I don’t care about the plat. I hate the presumption and efficiency of word use that someone would just blast to the zone, in two words, if this thing is possible at all. As if someone will be excited to run over to help or stop what they are doing to log in a specific toon.

I frequently rez and buff people with multiple characters for free. See someone struggling to grind and figure I’ll do them a random solid (it makes ya feel good). Rarely if they can’t be bothered to hint at a donation or even just give the impression your efforts would be needed or at least appreciated (ie “Can anyone please rez me? I’m not having the best luck.”). When did “please” and “thank you” become such a tough ask? We texted that shit over a decade ago before phones had keyboards.

If you are asking for common courtesy it helps to show a bit.

It's like those people in traffic that won't put their phones down to give you a proper thank you.

"I don't know how else to thank you other than..."
https://i.imgur.com/KNi1vYz.png

elwing
01-30-2020, 02:33 PM
You do realize that I don't actually talk to buffer but just have 5 macros:
/tt can I have haste and c please?
/tt can I have sta and fos please?
/tt can I have potg please?
/tt can I have symbol please?
/tt can I have ds please?

Please note that I am particularly proud of the last one, I can use it with pali for divine strength or with druid/mag for damage shield....

Kohedron
01-30-2020, 02:34 PM
I always thought it was obviously implied that donations are included, but suppose not

dwmaze
01-30-2020, 02:38 PM
Get the port first, then pay after and tell them that’s all you got.

This works too. If you're asking for a certain amount for ports then please advertise your rate. If you're simply asking for donations then it sounds like you'll be happy with whatever the other person thinks they can afford.

In this instance I was happily soloing so I could afford to wait for someone who was having a slow night and was content with the low tip.

I just though it was funny that an attempt to be up-front about this incited ridicule from the peanut gallery :rolleyes:

Polycaster
01-30-2020, 03:21 PM
Just make a macro to take all your visible gear off, then ask for a CR pity port/ buff. Works every time.

[actually my usual rate is 20p for a port, 10p for full buffage on alt incl regen/chloro, 5p for a non-regen buffage.]

What's the deal with cheap-ass enchanters? Y'all are the best farm class in every era, but you didn't even give my druid a C much less any plat. Soon everyone is going to become racist towards you, pretending not to see your hand out as the taxi drives by.

"Can anyone port?"
No, only druids and wizards.