PDA

View Full Version : Instancing raid zones is the only thing that will save the endgame on green

D2scal
01-20-2020, 09:14 AM
As title says.

sycopata666
01-20-2020, 09:19 AM
You got TDL servers for instanced experiences, classic everquest is about player interactions , this mean good interactions and bad interactions

bum3
01-20-2020, 11:06 AM
I agree. While i feel guilds can rotate raid zones and have organized coherence, like some servers had on live in classic. I also feel like p99 green isn't a place that this can be done or won't be.

RipVanFish
01-20-2020, 11:13 AM
lol

Evets
01-20-2020, 11:14 AM
The raiding guilds already have a rotating schedule for raiding as far as im aware..

Tecmos Deception
01-20-2020, 11:30 AM
instancing

Get straight the fuck out of here.

Phaezed-Reality
01-20-2020, 11:34 AM
Get straight the fuck out of here.

brad bless on your adventures in WoW!

galach
01-20-2020, 11:37 AM
It will be interesting when Kunark comes out.

Will the class system return?

Will there only be mega guilds?

Will things line pained soul be /list?

Clumpoid
01-20-2020, 11:38 AM
Isn’t this closer to the pop that servers had on live in this time period? Did people bitch this much about high pop then? I wonder how those servers even functioned!

zaneosak
01-20-2020, 11:47 AM
Yeah why not just do instancing instead of making the neck-beard poopsockers actually have some kind of social interaction with the other guilds and come up with a meaningful solution to sharing the small number of raid targets.... Oh wait, I forgot, the top end attitude is "I deserve every dragon, every spawn, every rare, because fuck you, that's why"

It will get better when more raid targets are released but there's no reason to "fix end game" because a handful of people want to torture and train themselves over and over for dragon loot. Agreements and schedules will undoubtedly be formed when Kunark comes out with all those raid targets available.

YendorLootmonkey
01-20-2020, 11:48 AM
Isn’t this closer to the pop that servers had on live in this time period? Did people bitch this much about high pop then? I wonder how those servers even functioned!

We didn't have a wiki listing all the best XP zones and most lucrative cash camps. You had to spent hours poring through The Safehouse, Allakazam's, the Ranger's Glade, etc. to find anecdotal accounts. Not every quest was thoroughly documented. You didn't know what items were going to get nerfed or stop dropping. There wasn't a huge race to level up, form an uber guild, and put the rest of the server into a chokehold because you knew the server would end at a certain expansion and there would be no moving on to bleeding edge content and freeing up previous expansions of content for other guilds like a relief valve letting off pressure.

YendorLootmonkey
01-20-2020, 11:54 AM
Agreements and schedules will undoubtedly be formed when Kunark comes out with all those raid targets available.

LOL, you know the people in Seal Team are the same people on Blue who got off on denying pixels to others for years, right? That IS the end game to them. That IS their version of competition. How much content can they lock everyone else out of and rub in our faces? Remember "Sorry you didn't get warder loot"? This time it will be "Sorry you didn't get Kunark loot".

If you think it will play out any other way unless GMs try something different, you are either delusional or brand new here.

The hardcore neckbeards sustain themselves on the tears of others.

cubiczar
01-20-2020, 12:02 PM

They functioned because new content was actually new. People were running around hailing everything and writing it down and shit. It was actually fun to go explore the world and try to find something new etc, etc. There was certainly over crowding but there wasn't as much of a push for leveling as many alts as fast as you can like there is here.

Right after the merge here there was a lvl 50 in Sro trying to monopolize ALL the orc camps. I mean maybe that happened on live, but here it is like that for everything that can be turned into easy exp for a low level alt. I'm hopeful that once the legendary items are patched out that maybe things will calm down a bit, but for now everyone is in a frenzy to get their alt's as high as possible as quickly as possible so they can get their loot before the timer runs out.

zaneosak
01-20-2020, 12:05 PM
LOL, you know the people in Seal Team are the same people on Blue who got off on denying pixels to others for years, right? That IS the end game to them. That IS their version of competition. How much content can they lock everyone else out of and rub in our faces? Remember "Sorry you didn't get warder loot"? This time it will be "Sorry you didn't get Kunark loot".

If you think it will play out any other way unless GMs try something different, you are either delusional or brand new here.

The hardcore neckbeards sustain themselves on the tears of others.

I didnt play blue until it was in Kunark but I always thought there was some Tiered Raid schedule thing from browsing the forums.

YendorLootmonkey
01-20-2020, 12:10 PM
I didnt play blue until it was in Kunark but I always thought there was some Tiered Raid schedule thing from browsing the forums.

There was for a while. But we were also in Kunark for far longer on Blue than we will be on Green.

D2scal
01-20-2020, 12:18 PM
I guess nobody knows who <Faceless Empire> is and how they single handedly locked every single raid target in velious down for months on tlps, let's just get what's leftover here and watch everyone else enjoy the game.

ldgo86
01-20-2020, 12:27 PM
Wholeheartedly against the spirit of the game.. BUT with such small windows for people to get epics etc.. I would play along with it.

sycopata666
01-20-2020, 12:57 PM
I have played in end game clan, killing all the content in 1999 era, and i no got end game items , just why im the 4rt tank on my clan, there are rank of guilds and there are rank of players, if you are not a top tier guild you no deserve top tier rewards, and if you are not top tier class inside the top guild you no deserve rewards, Everquest is a game what need full dedication if you want the top items. The question are: you need this items? Not really.
I enjoyed alot all the content no wearing the top items.
And you can alwais wait top tier clans make new top tier boses to clear the old ones.

Erati
01-20-2020, 01:04 PM
no

derpcake2
01-20-2020, 01:10 PM
I had a lot of *BiS* items in classic, because I hardly ever knew there was an upgrade available before I saw it myself.

bum3
01-20-2020, 01:36 PM
The raiding guilds already have a rotating schedule for raiding as far as im aware..

All 8 of them? Doubt everyone was added to list.

Cady
01-20-2020, 01:45 PM
YAY. lets watch the people who have no lives play the game!