PDA

View Full Version : List system suggestion

Nahilu
01-19-2020, 04:57 PM
We all know that List are going to be MORE awful than it was. :mad:

I have farmed Manastone , jboots and guise i'm done with this system for this era but I can tell and share my taught. ANY PLAYERS can tells that the idea is somehow FUN THEORETICALLY SPEAKING , but in practice some adjustment need to be done.

1. WHY THE HELL I need to answer AFK BOX when I am Listed Number 7 . WHY AM I IMPORTANT
ONLY Number 1 and 2 should RESPOND the the box others should be FREE to go spends time as they wishes.

Why 2 is important ? To ensure that 2 is ready to get the CAMP once 1 drops.

Wouldn't be stupid to have 50 players AFK at MS on list for days ?

No it wouldn't be , if you are number 2 and AFK your booted off. Also it gives chances to all players that CANNOT SPENT 70 hours in ROWS pressing a dumb box to actually being 1 on the list without such an effort.

We play games for fun , the system is not fun , nobody LIKES IT , nobody likes. I've personalty slept with google timer set at 10 minutes for 70 ish hours. I was glad that this bullshit is done when it was over although I feel the system could be improved for everyone in order to make it MORE ENJOYABLE.

P.S. Only Number 1 needs to be there and do the killing , others players ARE WAITING TO GET THE CAMP , It's a WAIT LIST to GET CAMP , People can help , but can also NOT HELP , Be ready to solo CAMP when you number 1 , don't count on others.

Baler
01-19-2020, 04:58 PM
No one is forcing you to partake in list items camps.

Nahilu
01-19-2020, 05:03 PM
No one is forcing you to partake in list items camps.

its not about forcing ,

Question is simple :

Why Number 7 need to respond to AFK Box ? WHY ? Why is he Important ?

Baler
01-19-2020, 05:03 PM
its not about forcing ,

Question is simple :

Why Number 7 need to respond to AFK Box ? WHY ? Why is he Important ?

Because it's on the list, waiting in line. I'm sure #8 would love to have your spot.

Nahilu
01-19-2020, 05:04 PM
And why wouldn't be improved for a more enjoyable system for everyone ?

Because it's fun to break people sleep time ?

DMN
01-19-2020, 05:05 PM
if there was no AFK check you wouldn't be number 7, you'd be like number 27.

Nahilu
01-19-2020, 05:06 PM
Because it's on the list, waiting in line. I'm sure #8 would love to have your spot.

You know I can sleep in line of the store and i keep my position ? i don't need someone to come out of the store and tell me and look at me if i am not sleeping. I am in line , it's all good.

Nahilu

I never saied no afk check....
READ !!!

Only number 1 and 2 should have the afk check

Baler
And why wouldn't be improved for a more enjoyable system for everyone ?

Because it's fun to break people sleep time ?

It's a fair system to a fault, Do people abuse it yes but that's been well known since day 1.

No one is forcing you to camp these list items. If you value sleep over a list item, go to sleep and try again tomorrow.

Sonnenkrieger
01-19-2020, 05:08 PM
You know I can sleep in line of the store and i keep my position ? i don't need someone to come out of the store and tell me and look at me if i am not sleeping. I am in line , it's all good.That is how unofficial lists have always worked. No one cared if you were sleeping if you were #5 on the list or whatever. You just had to be on when it was your turn to be #1. This entire list system on Green is both not classic and does not even try to emulate a classic experience.

Nahilu
It's a fair system to a fault, Do people abuse it yes but that's been well known since day 1.

No one is forcing you to camp these list items. If you value sleep over a list item, go to sleep and try again tomorrow.

I made it , i am done , i got the items , I am speaking for others players and the future of this bullshit system. Personally I don't care , but that be fun to have a more enjoyable system for the future

DMN
I never saied no afk check....
READ !!!

Only number 1 and 2 should have the afk check

Same story.

Baler
01-19-2020, 05:09 PM
I'll take list system over ninja looting, kill stealing and FTE any day.
just saying

Nahilu
01-19-2020, 05:10 PM
I like the list system , I just find it abusive that 6 7 need answer box that all.

Octopath
01-19-2020, 05:24 PM
While I agree with you Boutik, at this point they need to keep it the same as it has been for the duration of the legacy items. It wouldn’t be fair to the people who had to click that afk box while number 7 in the past.

Nahilu
01-19-2020, 05:30 PM
Well i did click it for 70 ish hour and if they make adjustment for futur legacy item , id be happy to see a changes,

Visual
01-19-2020, 06:56 PM

gopherman is right. I started guise list at 7 and like 4 of em quit before I got ttt. They wouldnt have if they could just /list and forget about it. List would be a mile long

Feracitus
01-19-2020, 07:13 PM
i am a new player here, what is this all about? is there an in game system to manage camps? how is that "classic"?

loramin
01-19-2020, 07:19 PM
i am a new player here, what is this all about? is there an in game system to manage camps? how is that "classic"?

Two things. First, remember nothing can truly be classic, because there's no way to mind wipe all the players.

Second, given fact #1, there needs to be some system for distributing scarce resources (ie. /list mobs). In classic, that system was a human GM. P99 can't have that system, because A) we don't have paid GMs like live did, only volunteers, and B) because of fact #1, there will be several orders of magnitude more fights here than on live.

/list is the "closest to classic" solution possible, because live GMs did in fact make players take turns (ie. "wait on lists") for disputed mobs. We have proof (http://wiki.project1999.com/Kunark_Era_Customer_Service_Guidelines) in fact.

So really the only unclassic part about list ... beyond the fact that /list lists go way beyond 8 hours, when Live GMs never clocked in for longer than that (which I'm hoping will change) ... is that we use a command instead of humans here. To me that seems reasonable, since we don't pay for said humans here like we did on live.

aaezil
01-19-2020, 07:24 PM
Hey look its boutik.

Everyone point and laugh!

Feracitus
02-09-2020, 05:41 AM
So im not such a new player here anymore, just started my 1st camp at 26 for jboots, and i hope the dev who implemented it in this asinine way gets aids. There's absolutely no reason i shouldnt be able to watch a fucking movie if i'm #8 on the god damned list. Only #1/2 maybe 3, should be required to be present. Absolute BS.

edit: yeah, lists are classic and i get the premisse, but the afk check is stupid as fuck, specially if im looking to be up in 20 hours, camps like these existed in classic but guess what, you werent required to be at your pc unless it was your turn, fix this shit ffs.

Asteria
02-09-2020, 05:44 AM
Welcome back to the forums, Nahilu/ Boutik! :)

How is your health these days? Are you mostly or all healed now after your bad accident you mentioned once on the forumquest?