PDA

View Full Version : PSA: The HK Nobles Group Doesn't Own Every Mob in the Zone

Clappy
01-15-2020, 12:04 PM
HK is considered an outdoor dungeon, meaning campable mobs are LOS.

The Nobles on the 2nd floor, the noble on the 3rd floor, the bards, Captain Boshinko and others are all campable.

That is all!

kjs86z
01-15-2020, 12:29 PM
yes they do

consider blue

suptoofs
01-15-2020, 12:47 PM
Or just wait in line like everyone else.

thesoundofmerk
01-15-2020, 12:50 PM
They own the world, they are NOBLE! DONT SIT IN THE HALLWAY YOU WILL DIE! sorry carson, your time is up, rubicite shaman with manastone has come to kill you with glamour.

cd288
01-15-2020, 12:52 PM
Yeah since when did the nobles and bards, for example, become the same camp. Very weird

Polycaster
01-15-2020, 12:53 PM
Stop killing the Romanov's, you filthy commies.

Kron
01-15-2020, 01:48 PM
Does this also apply to Scryer room in Guk? They claim spawn room and the room one floor bellow them... some pullers even freak if you touch things in the hallways leading towards fungus room.

Had quite a few pullers threaten to call GM's because they claims all those spawns as part of Scryer rooms pulls.

Then you get the random tells

Random guy: "Hey our puller is getting super mad that you keep taking our mobs."

Me : "You mean the 3 mobs that spawn near mushrooms?"

Random guy:"Yeah those we are farming those.."

Me :"Ummm but you guys are all the way in Scryer room... how is this yours too..."

keithjinternet
01-15-2020, 01:56 PM
Does this also apply to Scryer room in Guk?
Yes. You can only claim camp within LOS. You can camp the mobs below scryer if you sit in that room. If you’re somewhere else, and they’re in scryer, then that group of MOBs become FTE.

Cen
01-15-2020, 01:59 PM
That scryer shit annoys me. I've seriously seen scryer camps claim things past the spiders near ZL

Znakebite
01-15-2020, 02:14 PM
Entitlement issues - the inability to compromise with others, impractical demands, an attitude of supremacy, habitual anger toward people, and self-pity.

cd288
01-15-2020, 02:43 PM
Does this also apply to Scryer room in Guk? They claim spawn room and the room one floor bellow them... some pullers even freak if you touch things in the hallways leading towards fungus room.

Had quite a few pullers threaten to call GM's because they claims all those spawns as part of Scryer rooms pulls.

Then you get the random tells

Random guy: "Hey our puller is getting super mad that you keep taking our mobs."

Me : "You mean the 3 mobs that spawn near mushrooms?"

Random guy:"Yeah those we are farming those.."

Me :"Ummm but you guys are all the way in Scryer room... how is this yours too..."

Generally, the dungeon rules are LOS plus some limited mobs in the immediate area. So for Scryer, it would be the Scryer room plus like the mobs just outside it (I've seen groups camp in the hall because it's a bit safer). They are definitely NOT entitled to claim mobs leading up to the fungus area, that's just ridiculous. If you ever run into that situation again, I would inform them that their camp is the Scryer room and the very immediate area outside it (if at all) and you're not violating any rules so petition away if they'd like.

If a Guide or GM is even on in time to respond to the petition while you and that group are both still in Guk, they will likely tell the group they are wrong.

Canelek
01-15-2020, 03:08 PM
They definitely can't claim those frogs underneath scryer if someone else is contesting. that is just silly. Scryer is such an easy camp so obviously a full group is going to want more, but that does not entitle them to claim others' camps.

That said, try communicating with each other for fuck's sake. It is amazing how bad some people are at this.

TL;DR: We all enjoy the game more when we aren't being dicks to each other. Well, most of us.

thesoundofmerk
01-15-2020, 03:12 PM
mostly all camps are LOS, you cant claim what you are not sitting at, including nobles, technically, they can only camp that room, but most people accept that HHK is a free for all, which is the rules I play by usually when there, if a noble is up, ill knock it down solo, if someone grabs it, ill go to another mob. No biggie!

Kron
01-15-2020, 04:08 PM
PVP Solves this issue, when people start crying your group goes over to that one and kills them, for best results wait till they overpull.

Enjoy the crying its clearly what you want

That's actually what did happen.

Their bard puller ran to 3 way and pulled that whole area and then ran over to where I was sitting and stood there (I assume to try and train me). I saw what he was doing so I just stood up and FD'ed.

He ran that mess back to his group and when they wiped then I got several nasty PM's saying if I had not pissed off their puller they would have wiped and it was my fault.

Wallicker
01-15-2020, 04:38 PM
Separate camps:
Double noble spawn
Bards + ISA
3F Noble
Boshinko
Dyrna
Aeris Greymalkin
Lady McCabe
Mistress Anna
Tyrana
Bosec
Carson
Chopin
Blayle
Most other guards are LoS so(base of stairwells etc can be multiple guards claimed)

If you are in a group and someone comes to contest you can only choose one from the above list and they can choose their top choice after that then the rest are FFA if no one else is contesting. Hope this solves the whole nobles group owns everything delusion. If you see a nobles group just communicate with them, ask them what all they are pulling, let them know what you plan on camping and things should go much smoother than just starting to take a camp. Whoever was there first gets first choice of camp. As always in High AIDS Keep you should run logs and OBS the second you zone in.

Fammaden
01-15-2020, 05:29 PM
I think the HK issues here are compounded since we are doing this shit at sub level 50 and without Kunark+ gear. So people, on teal at least, expect to be camping HK in a full six man group and getting good xp. Which means they feel demanding of both nobles, all bards, Isa, and even upstairs noble and Bosh. Creating trains and bad blood in the process.

On blue when spawns got contested and you were forced to camping, say, just bosh or just third noble, then it was semi acceptable if you were some solo monk/shaman twink happy to afk between spawns, and even then many players wanted more if they could get away with it.

Siege
01-15-2020, 05:39 PM

If a Scryer group is pulling to Warden and beyond, then it would be a really bad idea to start a mushroom group. Whatever the official rules are, in that sort of situation I would either try to find a less camped area or leave Guk entirely. It's never worth fighting with people over spawns in any dungeon regardless of ZEM.

Wallicker
01-15-2020, 05:49 PM
Why do I see posts about Guk in a Highkeep rant and flame

Nisse
01-15-2020, 09:55 PM
If there's a full Scryer group and you set up camp at the bottom of the ramp you're an asshole. There's tons of places to xp at that level use your imagination.

Hazek
01-15-2020, 10:26 PM
LOS camp is yours. Rest is neutral.

When I pull royals I pull around the whole circle and nox spider if nobodies camping it. But if someone else is pulling those I don't get mad or claim them. Just gotta share.

Was waiting on noble spawn with another puller from pool but it agrod him first and instead of getting salty I just sent him a tell with, "good duel ol chap". And we just kept sharing spawns without a problem.

PabloEdvardo
01-15-2020, 11:31 PM
If there's a full Scryer group and you set up camp at the bottom of the ramp you're an asshole. There's tons of places to xp at that level use your imagination.

Weird considering both on Live and Blue we regularly considered that a separate camp. Not even the bottom of the ramp, either, but the top of the ramp. Except on Green, Scryer was so thirsty they were pulling THROUGH ramp groups. Those guys were the assholes.

supermonk
01-15-2020, 11:37 PM
There's two basic zone categories.
Open outdoor zones and dungeon type zones.

Open outdoor zones could be anything from the Karanas, Wastes or Commons.

Dungeon type zones could be anything from MM, COM, hhk, Guks, or Sebilis.

These are very basic guidelines when it comes to camps in this game.

For open outdoor zones you can claim a single spawn point. This may include SF, Hadden or OOT AC. If you're camping these mobs you need to get FTE within a reasonable amount of time.

For dungeon type zones our general guideline is line of sight(LOS)/agro range. This works for pretty much everything. Couple exemptions may be Fungi King or Captain in Karnors because it's not exactly practical to camp on top or within LOS/agro range of their spawns.

Also keep in mind, above is how we as staff see it. There's also player defined camps out there we don't enforce but HIGHLY encourage players follow. Player defined camps may include Sisters in lfay or Gnoll Spires in SK.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2903516&postcount=12%7C

Outdoor area = can camp 1 spawn.

i was trioing a gobs group a while ago and this enchanter wanted to join, but we were like nah...then he sat in one of the raider rooms with a charmed gob and said to not KS his mobs else he will petition. i literally laughed out loud

Nisse
01-16-2020, 01:58 AM
Weird considering both on Live and Blue we regularly considered that a separate camp. Not even the bottom of the ramp, either, but the top of the ramp. Except on Green, Scryer was so thirsty they were pulling THROUGH ramp groups. Those guys were the assholes.

There's ~8 mobs in Scryer. I don't care if technically per the rules you could consider it a seperate camp, that doesn't make you not a piece of shit for trying to block a whole group of people just trying to xp, forcing them to pull through your pussy group.

cd288
01-16-2020, 11:48 AM
i was trioing a gobs group a while ago and this enchanter wanted to join, but we were like nah...then he sat in one of the raider rooms with a charmed gob and said to not KS his mobs else he will petition. i literally laughed out loud

Isn't that legal?

Siege
01-16-2020, 01:17 PM

Running a duo or trio in one of the most popular leveling spots in the game is a recipe for frustration. I would never do that because I don't want to turn people away for the duration of the group. When leveling in a dungeon, I just accept the fact that random people will show up and ask to join. My buddies and I go outdoors when we want to trio.

Madbad
01-16-2020, 01:25 PM
Isn't that legal?

100%

Clappy
01-16-2020, 02:46 PM

I got my mage through 40 doing this for about four hours, but it has huge faction hits against the goblin group at the stairs.

Kron
01-16-2020, 04:58 PM

Wait the single guy pulling 1-2 mobs every 3-4 mins is the ass hole? Not the the guy pulling every mob to a room on a different floor?

I just can't see myself feeling bad for those poor poor guys who have to kill 15 mobs vs 18 mobs. I mean how could 6 people possibly be expected to out farm a single guy... it's just not possible.

BlackBellamy
01-16-2020, 06:15 PM
There's ~8 mobs in Scryer. I don't care if technically per the rules you could consider it a seperate camp, that doesn't make you not a piece of shit for trying to block a whole group of people just trying to xp, forcing them to pull through your pussy group.

Oh so you mean the other group set up there out of sheer spite? Just to fuck the Scryer group?

Or maybe shit was crowded so now you have to share. Calling other people pieces of shit because it's a crowded dungeon, I guess you were part of a butthurt Scryer group, right?

Ashenden
01-16-2020, 09:01 PM
Wipe it clean. All zones should have the same ZEM 2020. Fix Greal.

Nisse
01-16-2020, 09:11 PM
Oh so you mean the other group set up there out of sheer spite? Just to fuck the Scryer group?

Or maybe shit was crowded so now you have to share. Calling other people pieces of shit because it's a crowded dungeon, I guess you were part of a butthurt Scryer group, right?

Naw I don't have a scryer level character on green/teal. But I know the type of autist who sets up a group right in front of another group, in literally the narrowest chokepoint on that side of the zone and then whines that they are getting pulled through. Same kind of low watt bulb that sees the pond group in mm easily clearing up to the gy entrance and goes nope! I'm starting a ravine group, I took the time to travel here I am going to compel that group to share with me. Get fucked. Go to a different zone/camp, that's what normal people do when the first choice of camps is taken, what good is a great zem if you are mob starved, get some balls and maybe try a different spot, there's more 20 something dungeons in the game currently than any other level range.

cd288
01-17-2020, 10:51 AM
Naw I don't have a scryer level character on green/teal. But I know the type of autist who sets up a group right in front of another group, in literally the narrowest chokepoint on that side of the zone and then whines that they are getting pulled through. Same kind of low watt bulb that sees the pond group in mm easily clearing up to the gy entrance and goes nope! I'm starting a ravine group, I took the time to travel here I am going to compel that group to share with me. Get fucked. Go to a different zone/camp, that's what normal people do when the first choice of camps is taken, what good is a great zem if you are mob starved, get some balls and maybe try a different spot, there's more 20 something dungeons in the game currently than any other level range.

While it's annoying if you're in the pond group, if a group sets up in the ravine they aren't doing anything wrong. I would see it happen pretty frequently back in the day on live. Being pissed about that is like being pissed if you're in the HK goblins group and another group wants to snag one of the rooms and now you're mad you're only killing 12 mobs instead of 15. Chill out.

battins
01-17-2020, 02:47 PM
They definitely can't claim those frogs underneath scryer if someone else is contesting. that is just silly. Scryer is such an easy camp so obviously a full group is going to want more, but that does not entitle them to claim others' camps.

That said, try communicating with each other for fuck's sake. It is amazing how bad some people are at this.

TL;DR: We all enjoy the game more when we aren't being dicks to each other. Well, most of us.

If they have 6 people can't they just keep breaking and reforming the group to hold 6 adjacent camps?

Madbad
01-17-2020, 02:50 PM
If they have 6 people can't they just keep breaking and reforming the group to hold 6 adjacent camps?

No, read PnP definition of group.