PDA

View Full Version : can someone clarity camp rules in a dungeon

zaneosak
01-12-2020, 11:33 AM
I walk down to crusader camp in gukbottom. It's empty, nobody on track, the ph is dead. I wait around a little longer 10 mins, still nothing. I wait 23 mins nothing. I am sitting at the camp for 23 mins with nobody nearby or anything. I hear a person killing priest ph above me. Crusader ph spawns and I engage it, the person tells me this is camped and I said it looked vacant and I'd been here 25 mins. They said they did not have to be near the camp unless someone else wanted it and asked for it and if the PH is dead it's not a vacant camp.

I understand in LGuk that people camp bounce when its empty or low pop to get as many items as possible, I've done this myself but when someone comes in and takes a camp I left, I've always just conceded it -- or if i saw the place getting crowded, I'd make sure I was at the camp I preferred of the 2-3 I was killing.

Is there any written rule on this or should I be calling "crusader priest noble minotaur elder" on camp checks and its totally legal because I'm bouncing between them and keeping the PHs down? my understand was that I had to be there.

Lostfaction
01-12-2020, 11:38 AM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules

DMN
01-12-2020, 11:46 AM
The requirement to be "nearby" or "maintain a "presence" is only invoked once you have someone else at the camp contending for it. If the PH was cleared by him/her it's their camp unless he's not killing spawns in timely manner.

So, no, if no one is there wanting the a camp the current camp holder has no requirement to stay there.

Also even more complicated is nearby is not defined. If it was LOS they would just say that. they don't/ So it's debatable. Priest/crusader are virtually on top of one another tho.

zaneosak
01-12-2020, 12:16 PM
The requirement to be "nearby" or "maintain a "presence" is only invoked once you have someone else at the camp contending for it. If the PH was cleared by him/her it's their camp unless he's not killing spawns in timely manner.

So, no, if no one is there wanting the a camp the current camp holder has no requirement to stay there.

Also even more complicated is nearby is not defined. If it was LOS they would just say that. they don't/ So it's debatable. Priest/crusader are virtually on top of one another tho.

OK so just to be clear. As long as I'm back before the ph I'm good? I can go camp to camp and as long as I'm inside the room at the ph before it pops I can hold 4 to 5 camps and that's kosher? I learned something new today.

DMN
01-12-2020, 12:25 PM
OK so just to be clear. As long as I'm back before the ph I'm good? I can go camp to camp and as long as I'm inside the room at the ph before it pops I can hold 4 to 5 camps and that's kosher? I learned something new today.

Yes you can... as long as no one nearby wants any of those 4-5.

Smellybuttface
01-12-2020, 12:27 PM

Not quite. The response above I thought answered this pretty well:

"The requirement to be "nearby" or "maintain a "presence" is only invoked once you have someone else at the camp contending for it."

The problem as stated is that "nearby" isn't clearly defined. But in practice, anecdotally at least, as soon as someone moves into an area that's generally regarded as a separate camp (except for the times when there is not currently a group camping it) then they can claim ownership. Until such time, the mob is free to engage (FTE). The game has been around so long now that there really isn't much question as to which areas are considered separate camps and which aren't. But if no one is around you're free to engage 4-5 camps on your own. However, as you can't simultaneously maintain a "presence" at each of the 4-5 camps in order to lay claim to it, if a group moves in then you have to concede the camp.

Hopefully you'll have a camp that's been a 'home base' of sorts that you can lay claim as your own by spending your time at that camp. If not, you run the risk of groups moving in and potentially laying claim to ALL your camps if you're not in the area actively camping them.

DMN
01-12-2020, 12:49 PM
Not quite. The response above I thought answered this pretty well:

"The requirement to be "nearby" or "maintain a "presence" is only invoked once you have someone else at the camp contending for it."

The problem as stated is that "nearby" isn't clearly defined. But in practice, anecdotally at least, as soon as someone moves into an area that's generally regarded as a separate camp (except for the times when there is not currently a group camping it) then they can claim ownership. Until such time, the mob is free to engage (FTE). The game has been around so long now that there really isn't much question as to which areas are considered separate camps and which aren't. But if no one is around you're free to engage 4-5 camps on your own. However, as you can't simultaneously maintain a "presence" at each of the 4-5 camps in order to lay claim to it, if a group moves in then you have to concede the camp.

Hopefully you'll have a camp that's been a 'home base' of sorts that you can lay claim as your own by spending your time at that camp. If not, you run the risk of groups moving in and potentially laying claim to ALL your camps if you're not in the area actively camping them.

You are sort of confusing two different things a little bit. What is considered "a camp" and what is considered "nearby". They aren't the same thing.

Smellybuttface
01-12-2020, 03:46 PM
You are sort of confusing two different things a little bit. What is considered "a camp" and what is considered "nearby". They aren't the same thing.

But don’t you need to be “nearby” in order to lay claim to a camp? Or since nearby can be a very nebulous term, could a mage really claim to be nearby by being in between ass/sup and cavalier, thus claiming both camps? I would say the group that can be ‘more’ nearby would be the ones to successfully claim a camp.

The further one is from an actual camp, the less claim they can make on it.

enjchanter
01-12-2020, 04:19 PM
You cant claim two camps while someone is contesting one, you have to give up one (your choice).

You cannot leave the zone, camp out, or die and still maintain your control of the camp.

cd288
01-12-2020, 05:28 PM
I walk down to crusader camp in gukbottom. It's empty, nobody on track, the ph is dead. I wait around a little longer 10 mins, still nothing. I wait 23 mins nothing. I am sitting at the camp for 23 mins with nobody nearby or anything. I hear a person killing priest ph above me. Crusader ph spawns and I engage it, the person tells me this is camped and I said it looked vacant and I'd been here 25 mins. They said they did not have to be near the camp unless someone else wanted it and asked for it and if the PH is dead it's not a vacant camp.

I understand in LGuk that people camp bounce when its empty or low pop to get as many items as possible, I've done this myself but when someone comes in and takes a camp I left, I've always just conceded it -- or if i saw the place getting crowded, I'd make sure I was at the camp I preferred of the 2-3 I was killing.

Is there any written rule on this or should I be calling "crusader priest noble minotaur elder" on camp checks and its totally legal because I'm bouncing between them and keeping the PHs down? my understand was that I had to be there.

In this circumstance the person camping it has to choose if they want this camp or the other one they were clearing. They can't camp 2 at once. And if they want to claim the crusader camp, they now have to go be present there if someone else is around to contest...if they left after that they lose the camp.

Lostfaction
01-12-2020, 11:02 PM
I didn't come to RNF to learn something

Tilien
01-12-2020, 11:20 PM
Camper has a "reasonable time" to kill PHers once they pop, if they leave the PHers up for multiple minutes they have abandoned camp. If they return to camp and you let them know you're contesting before PHer pops or shortly after pop then they have to let you have one of their camps.

If you killed the room as soon as it popped you KS'ed the person who was there.

Polixa
01-15-2020, 05:44 PM
If the person camping the room is so far away they didn't realise someone else was at the spawn the past 25 minutes, surely they lost that camp.

tobi
01-15-2020, 06:14 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules

No. The wiki means jack fucking shit.

These -> https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325349 <- are the fucking rules.

Also, posting in RNF for clarification of rules..

https://i.imgur.com/nqM77rC.png

Wait was the wiki link also bait?

PabloEdvardo
01-15-2020, 06:27 PM
In this circumstance the person camping it has to choose if they want this camp or the other one they were clearing. They can't camp 2 at once. And if they want to claim the crusader camp, they now have to go be present there if someone else is around to contest...if they left after that they lose the camp.

correct. end of serious replies.

you may now begin shitposting

Endorra
01-15-2020, 11:35 PM
You can cast clarity on anyone, regardless of what camp they're at. Hope this helps.

wagorf
01-15-2020, 11:36 PM
i dont understand why its so hard to understand

if zone is empty or nobody is contesting camp, he or she can camp as many spots as he/she wants

once someone is contesting or asking for camp, then the original person needs to make a decision which camp to hold and which camp to give up

in your case, when PH is down, you should first check if zone is empty. if zone empty, congrats the camp is yours, even if you didn't clear the PH.

if not, ask if any of the player in zone is camping it. if someone claims it, you give up or try to get another camp. if the same player said hes doing other camps, then tell him nicely to make a choice on which camp to keep

Tecmos Deception
01-16-2020, 12:08 AM
i dont understand why its so hard to understand

if zone is empty or nobody is contesting camp, he or she can camp as many spots as he/she wants

once someone is contesting or asking for camp, then the original person needs to make a decision which camp to hold and which camp to give up

in your case, when PH is down, you should first check if zone is empty. if zone empty, congrats the camp is yours, even if you didn't clear the PH.

if not, ask if any of the player in zone is camping it. if someone claims it, you give up or try to get another camp. if the same player said hes doing other camps, then tell him nicely to make a choice on which camp to keep

^

Llanos
01-16-2020, 08:26 AM
^
This seems easy. But asking these people to choose a camp is like asking the gym guy to choose one station. I'm using them all bro, wait til I'm done. Then the fight starts...

Rust1d?
01-16-2020, 10:10 AM
We were camping the FP in unrest killing the hand. We were keeping it cleared and had a presence in the room. The past few days a few people would come in and just claim it's their camp. Considering the fact there are so few mobs in unrest, it would make no sense for someone to come in and take spawns from the FP group. That would be like someone camping basement and someone killing one mob.

Nirgon
01-16-2020, 10:55 AM
You'd think they'd post it somewhere officially

loramin
01-16-2020, 12:12 PM
You'd think they'd post it somewhere officially (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325349#post_message_2908813)

FTFY. The kinda funny thing is, to find the policies ... which they reference in a thread in the Green/Teal forum ... you have to go over to the Blue forum :o

I've actually tried to sell Llandris on the idea that he should let me put them in the wiki, on an admin-locked page so no one can edit them except the staff.

They'd exist in exactly one place, they could easily be linked to in every forum (and anywhere else that has information about a server, like the getting started instructions of the main site), and they could be edited as wiki pages (designed to show documents, can link to wiki articles about in-game topics, etc.) instead of forum posts.

I'm not sure if they fear wiki editing, don't trust the locking, or just really like the forum tools, but so far I haven't been able to convince him.

Polycaster
01-16-2020, 02:47 PM
That would be like someone camping basement and someone killing one mob.

Stop giving them ideas, asshole.

Siege
01-16-2020, 06:45 PM
Rule #1: Never go to Lower Guk expecting to take a camp.

Rule #2: Never engage with a pixel zombie.

You broke rule #1 when you ignored your inner voice and zoned into Lower Guk, but you could have avoided breaking rule #2 by slowly backing away in a non-threatening manner until you were out of poopsock-throwing range.