PDA

View Full Version : For health: Scale /list afk check timer based on position in line?

mischief419
01-04-2020, 12:23 AM
There's no reason to have 10 min AFK checks if you are 8th+ in line for something you won't even see for 20-40 hrs.

For RL hp reasons, I'd like to propose a scaling curve to AFK checks.

1st in line? Ofc the checks as it is. However, how about scale it based on the # in line you are? 2nd in line, ~20 min checks. 3rd? 30m checks. 4th? ....

~10 mins - ish - per place in line?

If you are 8th in line for jboots or manastone, let the guys afk. If they miss the longer afk checks and don't notice they're next in line for the 10m checks, too bad. However, this will at least allow people to have dinner with their family, take a shower, emergency take care of kid, etc. Anyone that plays is likely in their 30s+ (RL age, rather) now.

Still has AFK checks, still does it's job, just more intuitive. If you are in the back of the line, there's no reason you should have to do 7~12 min checks. Some form of check? Absolutely. But not 7~12.

BurtMacklinFBI
01-04-2020, 12:31 AM
The list is fine not everyone needs a manastone , it shouldn’t be a welfare item for showing up and it’s close enough to that as is

Phaezed-Reality
01-04-2020, 12:32 AM
i like the list, it makes sure only people who are sick, get the sick items.

Tethler
01-04-2020, 12:36 AM
If you aren't willing to die for your manastone are you really living?

DMN
01-04-2020, 12:53 AM
The list is fine not everyone needs a manastone , it shouldn’t be a welfare item for showing up and it’s close enough to that as is

LOL that's exactly what it is currently. A welfare item for people on welfare.

Smellybuttface
01-04-2020, 01:59 AM
If you aren't willing to die for your manastone are you really living?

I laughed out loud at this =)

Also, if all those things are concerns you’ll have when voluntarily choosing to camp your mana stone, then perhaps don’t venture down that road to begin with. No, you don’t need one, you don’t deserve one, and nothing needs to be done to make it easier for you to obtain one.

mischief419
01-04-2020, 02:05 AM
btw, I left vote results open so you can see who was being biased that already looted jboots/manastone.

stewe
01-04-2020, 09:45 AM
You ppl seem to think this is just something they can change real fast, they would have to recode the entire list feature and IT ISNT HAPPENING, they arent going to put in more work on a system that is done in 4 months anyway. You ppl have been trying to get the list system changed since it started and how has that worked out for you, if you dont like the list system dont join it, simple as that and if you are putting your health at risk over a 20 year old pixel maybe you need a reality check in the form of a hospital bed to wake u up.

jackd104
01-04-2020, 10:24 AM
You can’t polish a turd. But I commend you for trying.

zaneosak
01-04-2020, 12:29 PM
My only options are health is important or I'm spiteful? dafuq. How about "leave list alone, not every single player should have a manastone or rubicite bp"

Why not just add a window when you create the character "which legacy item do you want? Manastone, Rubicite Bp, Jboots, or Guise?" and have it appear in your inventory. 1 per account. Health problem solved.

zaneosak
01-04-2020, 12:30 PM
LOL that's exactly what it is currently. A welfare item for people on welfare.

Actually underrated and hilarious.

Albane
01-05-2020, 03:29 AM
The only thing list needs would require an entire rebuild. It needs to track the time at the camp. The player with the most time on the list, total, should be #1. So if i camp it for 4 hours and have to go, I should be able to come back and have my 4 hours still there.

liquidki
01-05-2020, 10:19 AM
The only thing list needs would require an entire rebuild. It needs to track the time at the camp. The player with the most time on the list, total, should be #1. So if i camp it for 4 hours and have to go, I should be able to come back and have my 4 hours still there.

I vote for this + 6 month lockout on all /list items.

Tierilo
01-05-2020, 12:21 PM

I vote for this + 6 month lockout on all /list items.

These are great ideas. These items should be for anyone willing to put the time in. Sorry not everyone is able to play this game for 45 straight hours for some pixels. they guys who play manastone camp for 5 hours a day for 2 weeks everyday during his play time is no less entitled to it then the guy who has been there 50 hours straight on some insane crack binge.

Smellybuttface
01-05-2020, 12:39 PM
I understand we want others to think we care, but is the reasoning that we REALLY care about the “health” of our fellow player as the poll suggests? Or that we want to just make it easier on ourselves?

zodium
01-05-2020, 12:49 PM
list would woork great if legacy items dropped 6 at a time

mischief419
01-06-2020, 09:53 AM

This is a pretty neat concept

gnomishfirework
01-06-2020, 10:33 AM
I heard some losers are taking time off work to get manastones.

gnomishfirework
01-06-2020, 10:49 AM
This will make things worse, not better. The checks are what get the list to really move when drops are slow.

kjs86z
01-06-2020, 11:21 AM
Imagine spending 50+ hours of continuous time camping a manastone in 2020.

Castle2.0
01-06-2020, 12:31 PM
Hitting 50 as a troll SK with classic exp modifiers is bad for mental and physical health.

Every Troll SK rolled should start at 50.

Project1999: champion of mental and physical health; how Rogean and Brad envisioned it to be.

Smellybuttface
01-06-2020, 01:43 PM
Hitting 50 as a troll SK with classic exp modifiers is bad for mental and physical health.

Every Troll SK rolled should start at 50.

Project1999: champion of mental and physical health; how Rogean and Brad envisioned it to be.

People having to group with said Troll SK is bad for mental and physical health. Exp penalty should affect the individual, not the group.

Troxx
01-06-2020, 03:50 PM

QFT

DMN
01-06-2020, 05:40 PM
QFT

No one is. they are all using multiple users on one account. And it's dumb as fuck.

Hazek
01-06-2020, 09:18 PM

Imagine playing Everquest. What difference does it make if you're camping something.

White_knight
01-06-2020, 09:52 PM

jackd104
01-09-2020, 09:02 AM
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/08/health/one-night-sleep-loss-alzheimers-wellness/index.html

/list will be responsible for neck beards becoming forgetful in a couple decades.

Tecmos Deception
01-09-2020, 09:08 AM
People having to group with said Troll SK is bad for mental and physical health. Exp penalty should affect the individual, not the group.

Just refuse to group with tanks who aren't halfling warriors.

Nirgon
01-09-2020, 10:01 AM
They punishing anyone for stalling camps yet? I'd think part of the "automated gm at the camp" functionality should be 10mins to engage the mob or PH or you're off the list.

I've seen some snips of tells indicating they are in favor of you camping the mob for the person who can't kill it though. "Good job" / "thanks for doing that" instead of I just gave that clown a week in the tank. Farming someone else an item who isn't doing anything except looting it when you kill every PH and the mob for them for 15+ hours is no bueno.

astrological
01-09-2020, 12:06 PM
List is fine.

The whole sitting on list while the named mob/PH are still up should definitely be changed. If you can't kill the mob you you shouldn't be there. Nothing like showing up to a list camp with the mob up but everyone sitting around waiting for someone to kill it for them.

Artaenc
01-09-2020, 06:34 PM
They punishing anyone for stalling camps yet? I'd think part of the "automated gm at the camp" functionality should be 10mins to engage the mob or PH or you're off the list.

I've seen some snips of tells indicating they are in favor of you camping the mob for the person who can't kill it though. "Good job" / "thanks for doing that" instead of I just gave that clown a week in the tank. Farming someone else an item who isn't doing anything except looting it when you kill every PH and the mob for them for 15+ hours is no bueno.
1. If you don't engage/kill within 10 minutes of the PH/Mob spawning you are dropped from the list.
2. If you tell the group "I have to restart brb" and login to the account with a different IP address, you get dropped from the list.
3. The AFK checks is mostly fine except in the case of you are actively killing the PH and you have to type in an AFK code so you can hit the AFK button and timing everything so the PH don't kill you.

These things help level the playing field and improve my personal health thnx.

Erati
01-09-2020, 06:53 PM
Time constraints just mean u must solo the camp cause itll incentivize people to not help cause time is ticking.

Lists were not set up to require solo ing (hello under powered melee)

Time limits make this more toxic, that is not the fix you are looking for.

Cen
01-09-2020, 07:02 PM
Time constraints just mean u must solo the camp cause itll incentivize people to not help cause time is ticking.

Lists were not set up to require solo ing (hello under powered melee)

Time limits make this more toxic, that is not the fix you are looking for.

I cringe every time someone suggests this. It doesn't require tremendous critical thinking to see exploits so easily.

Immok
01-10-2020, 10:39 AM

I like this. I would add that participating in the PH kill would increase the "time at camp" value to help encourage cooperation.

aaezil
01-10-2020, 10:46 AM
A dozen or so great ideas on how to improve /list have been suggested since launch but im afraid they will barely be listened to and certainly not implemented :(

Kohedron
01-10-2020, 12:11 PM
Posting in a not-classic thread

ravinz
01-10-2020, 03:45 PM
This change request makes no sense. Why should any lister have lower requirements than any other?

Jorgam
01-11-2020, 12:11 AM
Saw some maniac in the tunnel with two manastones equipped.. made me sick and I've never even /listed for a legacy item, only read the horror stories.

I knew right away what sort of person I was looking at.

Lemonhead
01-11-2020, 12:37 AM
I doubt change of IP would work. Log into the same VPN server. I just logged in multiple times and got same IP. So that's out. Allowing a character 1 loot might be a good idea, but ofc, they are working together and can get xNecromageX to level faster than the timer in place. So...

The best way seems to make friends. Almost always the answer in this game.

I know, I know, friends have to share.