PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: MOBs running away loop for many seconds

vossiewulf
12-23-2019, 03:43 AM
At first I thought this was just some random weirdness but I see it too consistently, every time I play. And I don't remember ever seeing this behavior on classic or Blue.

What I am referring to is cases where the mob is near death and running away, and it will suddenly start looping the previous two seconds or so over and over again for maybe 10-12 secs before it jumps to where it really is. During that time it can be hit or casted on where it visibly is in its looping motion.

It's clear in every case the mob tried or did something different at the point the looping begins, almost always changing direction. It looks to me like at that point the client and server go out of sync, with my client not receiving any location updates from the server, so it just loops the last two seconds while spinning towards its timeout.

I have a very good internet connection, I don't think that is the problem, and a brief look showed no issues. And the fact that it always happens at the same point and there are no cases of mobs looping at any other time, I think there is something else going on.

If other people are not seeing this ever, then I'll look into my end further.

Buellen
12-23-2019, 02:04 PM
Greetings

Try to not get in slightly in front of the mob when you are chasing it. I have seen this behavior of it looping when i go to far in front of the mob I am trying to kill as it runs/walks away. This is just m observation but it running into you is what i believe causes this behavior.

when mob does this "looping" try to stand slightly to right or left of it and i twill go back to its running path.

vossiewulf
12-23-2019, 05:52 PM
Greetings

Try to not get in slightly in front of the mob when you are chasing it. I have seen this behavior of it looping when i go to far in front of the mob I am trying to kill as it runs/walks away. This is just m observation but it running into you is what i believe causes this behavior.

when mob does this "looping" try to stand slightly to right or left of it and i twill go back to its running path.

Thanks for two reasons, one I'll try the tip, thanks. We're talking mobs near death running away so it isn't exactly tragic, but it is annoying and would be good to have a way around it.

Two, that means others are seeing the same thing and it's not on my end.

Your theory may be correct, but then why would they only do that when running away? I mean certainly I run straight through green mobs all the time and I don't see them loop when I do so. I only see it when a mob is near death and running.

Beckoning
12-23-2019, 06:13 PM
I've had this happen too. Usually it's when I am rooting a mob while they are running towards me. If you walk towards them after rooting them their animation will reset and they'll be standing infront of you again.

Beckoning
12-23-2019, 06:14 PM
I should have mentioned that this is happening to me on blue... ;P

vossiewulf
12-23-2019, 10:00 PM
Hmm, I had noticed my pet tends to usually come to me twice but I figured that was just classic EQ being classic EQ, you can put it on a better OS with much better hardware and have people fix things but you can't fundamentally take it out of 1999.

But maybe there are other similar cases? Anyone else seen anything like this?