PDA

View Full Version : can devs pls ninja patch maget pets? this is kinda ridonk

supermonk
11-30-2019, 07:42 PM
can we please fix this? i was hoping they'd patch it in before i turned 34. kinda silly that this is the only class that literally maxes out at with a 34 pet. can't even EXP anywheres. plx help

Albanwr
11-30-2019, 07:48 PM
whats a maget pet

Obrae
11-30-2019, 08:38 PM
It is indeed ridiculous.

they can also already fix it temporarly by /create but the decide not to.

TheDudeAbides
11-30-2019, 09:18 PM
I blame Dolalin

This is actually my fault, more than Nilbog's really, since I forgot that mage pet research requires the previous circle's spells and that some mage research recipes don't exist.

I wouldn't have recommended the vendor changes, accurate though they are, if I knew they'd break the class spell progression.

supermonk
11-30-2019, 09:44 PM
whats a maget pet

it's the nickname i give your girl.

Sagus
11-30-2019, 09:49 PM
Maget Pets overpowered.

Vormotus
11-30-2019, 10:08 PM
it's the nickname i give your girl.

https://i.imgur.com/aiJgg3D.gif

Isomorphic
12-01-2019, 02:03 AM
can we please fix this? i was hoping they'd patch it in before i turned 34. kinda silly that this is the only class that literally maxes out at with a 34 pet. can't even EXP anywheres. plx help

You whine more than wizard and you have a level 34 pet...

RipVanFish
12-01-2019, 02:27 AM

If you give us ports and root we will accept our 34 pet limitations.

Make it so number 1.

Sagus
12-01-2019, 02:36 AM
I'd settle for root, pet heal and half mana cost of spells

supermonk
12-01-2019, 08:20 AM

ya gimme port, snare, and root and i'll stop whinging.

AgentEpilot
12-01-2019, 08:33 AM
Just give them their epics at level 1.

Meiva
12-01-2019, 08:42 AM
All your arguments lately for custom classes have been stressing me out. I sure hope your word vomit falls on deaf ears.

Roth
12-01-2019, 10:30 AM
So ignoring the way this post was presented, I definitely want to comment on this topic. How does mages having literally no pets after 34 benefit anyone? I'm not even a mage, I'm a shaman... and pretty much every mage I ever grouped with in the 30s just disappears after they get to 40.

In what way does this actually make the game better? Because at this point it's clearly a conscious choice not to patch it. I mean, I'm just here to play real everquest man. I didn't sign up for that.

Tilien
12-01-2019, 10:34 AM
So ignoring the way this post was presented, I definitely want to comment on this topic. How does mages having literally no pets after 34 benefit anyone? I'm not even a mage, I'm a shaman... and pretty much every mage I ever grouped with in the 30s just disappears after they get to 40.

In what way does this actually make the game better? Because at this point it's clearly a conscious choice not to patch it. I mean, I'm just here to play real everquest man. I didn't sign up for that.

I thought part of the problem wasn't even classic.

But they don't do stuff like decrease newbie zone spawn timers to make things more playable around here, you gotta rough it out. /s

Dolalin
12-01-2019, 10:36 AM
Mages on Live had no pets beyond 29 for two months after release. The situation here is actually unclassically good.

Roth
12-01-2019, 10:42 AM
Mages on Live had no pets beyond 29 for two months after release. The situation here is actually unclassically good.

I didn't play in the two months of release. I'm here to play everquest because it was a GOOD game. I can't play with corpse runs on live or an authentic experience. Explain to me how giving no mages after 34 benefits anyone(thank you for suggesting this change btw)?

Secondly, mages just didn't level that fast in the first two months. There were probably a couple hardcore players that made it there but the situation is vastly different. The playerbase is NOT classic and therefore the restriction is substantially worse. A significant amount of players played wizards and warriors for example and grouped more, so a mage not having a pet in that time period was not as much of an issue.

No pets after 34 can ONLY be supported if your goal is to make an exact museum and NOT a good game in itself. Which then all balance changes and garbage like /list should be reverted if that's the case because this mage pet thing SIGNIFICANTLY makes the game worse.

WaffleztheAndal
12-01-2019, 12:33 PM
The fix for broken 34 and up mage recipes was ready weeks ago and Nilbog indicated it would be going in soon, there is some deliberate reason why they decided not to go ahead with it. I’m not sure they will be sharing it with us though.

Vizax_Xaziv
12-01-2019, 01:11 PM

Please, go eat shit!

Roth
12-01-2019, 01:13 PM
The fix for broken 34 and up mage recipes was ready weeks ago and Nilbog indicated it would be going in soon, there is some deliberate reason why they decided not to go ahead with it. I’m not sure they will be sharing it with us though.

Because it's not "classic"... even though they make unclassic changes all the time.

mzl0011
12-01-2019, 02:21 PM
Def was not easy getting 50 as a mage. I did solo from 40-50 though. It really made me get creative and very quantitative with my choices of where to XP. Level 45 wasnt really really bad. I thought 46-48 was where I was going to hit my breaking point.

I personally just hope they dont vendor all the pets.

Obrae
12-01-2019, 02:30 PM
This whole thing just put in the light the lack of professionalism of the team. It's ok they are "volonteers".

The change they made after beta proved the team is lazy and prone to influence by anyone with half an argument. They have shot right next to their goal and missed the point of the server.

They have let a couple of nerds change:

Recreating the everquest classic experience
To
Recreating lines of codes.

Obrae
12-01-2019, 02:36 PM
Def was not easy getting 50 as a mage. I did solo from 40-50 though. It really made me get creative and very quantitative with my choices of where to XP. Level 45 wasnt really really bad. I thought 46-48 was where I was going to hit my breaking point.

I personally just hope they dont vendor all the pets.

It must have been a real fun experience.
I personnally am social and played a mage as they are supposed to be played before and its a great and fun experience. Pets serves very well in group ro solo and its what makes this class fun and its how it was designed.

All classes have been designed with certain ideas behind them, sadly magician wasnt finished at release and it got fix the minute people got to that content, first they had to confirm because verant hid the fact. Soon as it was proven, they nija patch it the next day.

For the record i too wouldnt go on an all vendor solution, but the all research solution wasnt viable or logic either. It is not by chance they put 2 34 pets and 2 39, it breaks the chain and let people start their chain of pets from 34 scrolls or 39 scrolls, removing the need of high level magician to go back to lower level zones and rape the shit out of the place removing exp opportunity for the youngs at the same time.

Cheers, lets hope they act, and soon, first boring EQ experince in 20 years.

Tecmos Deception
12-01-2019, 03:03 PM

To

Literally the whole point of p99 is to recreate the mechanics. See sig.

cd288
12-01-2019, 03:24 PM
This is going to be a fun thread

Roth
12-01-2019, 03:44 PM

Why do they patch exploits or introduce the list system then, or nerf things like bard aoe?

edit: I'll go further. If you support no mage pets, why do you support the list system?

Obrae
12-01-2019, 03:49 PM

watch the video announcing green, codes arent the point. They never meant classic errors and code mistakes. They speak of the classic eq experience spanning the first 2 expansion and original release

This is why nobody will die of a heart attack because shadowman are in game, it changes nothing to the classic experience. they will all fix these in times and next iteration will be cleaner.

There is nothing classic at having tons of mages with no pets passed 34. It never happened during classic.

Dolalin
12-01-2019, 04:12 PM
Why do they patch exploits or introduce the list system then, or nerf things like bard aoe?

They set bard AoE to four targets because I found proof it worked that way.

kul69
12-01-2019, 04:23 PM
They set bard AoE to four targets because I found proof it worked that way.

Bard AE hit more than 4 targets until I got it nerfed on live. I was paid to write an article explaining how to use MQ2 with /circle macro and a hack to walk underwater to AFK AE kite entire zones out of view of any player and get level 60 in a couple days. It was posted on the SOE forums and nerfed a week later somewhere around PoP era.

I'm curious, are you saying it used to hit only 4 and then was increased?

loramin
12-01-2019, 04:26 PM

edit: I'll go further. If you support no mage pets, why do you support the list system?

Man I do not want to be on this side of the argument, and to be very clear P99 is not just about "classic mechanics, and nothing else matters". But ... for the most part that is the case.

So to answer your question ... /list is actually 100% classic, except that it relies on automation instead of requiring (volunteer) GMs to implement it. Back on live lists were absolutely a thing (http://wiki.project1999.com/Kunark_Era_Customer_Service_Guidelines):

8.2.3.1 The compromise will require all parties to take turns killing the spawn(s).

So the very simple answer to "why the automation and not the classic implementation" is ... because Verant had paid GMs, and we just have volunteers. And actually the AoE thing is similar: it's 100% based on classic technical limits, but also prior to it's implementation the volunteer staff was overworked dealing with fights between Bards and everyone else :)

Dolalin
12-01-2019, 04:40 PM
Bard AE hit more than 4 targets until I got it nerfed on live. I was paid to write an article explaining how to use MQ2 with /circle macro and a hack to walk underwater to AFK AE kite entire zones out of view of any player and get level 60 in a couple days. It was posted on the SOE forums and nerfed a week later somewhere around PoP era.

I'm curious, are you saying it used to hit only 4 and then was increased?

Yes, it hit four from beta/release up until ~September 1999.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334283

Tilien
12-01-2019, 04:44 PM

Ah, yes, like the classic 80% reduction in spawn timers. Very classic.

flacidpenguin
12-01-2019, 05:03 PM

And the classic nerd of most exp quests!

Tecmos Deception
12-01-2019, 05:04 PM
"But _____ isn't classic, therefore _____ unclassic thing should be in too" is a horrible argument to sway the dude in charge who literally says he wants classic mechanics even if it makes people mad.

Uuruk
12-01-2019, 05:25 PM
I didn't play in the two months of release. I'm here to play everquest because it was a GOOD game. I can't play with corpse runs on live or an authentic experience. Explain to me how giving no mages after 34 benefits anyone(thank you for suggesting this change btw)?

Secondly, mages just didn't level that fast in the first two months. There were probably a couple hardcore players that made it there but the situation is vastly different. The playerbase is NOT classic and therefore the restriction is substantially worse. A significant amount of players played wizards and warriors for example and grouped more, so a mage not having a pet in that time period was not as much of an issue.

No pets after 34 can ONLY be supported if your goal is to make an exact museum and NOT a good game in itself. Which then all balance changes and garbage like /list should be reverted if that's the case because this mage pet thing SIGNIFICANTLY makes the game worse.
You're the dipshit that continued to level a class that didnt have pets past 34. We are all laughing at you.

Jimjam
12-01-2019, 05:31 PM

This was done to recreate the 'kill 3 linked mobs to respawn them' system used on live which devs were not able to implement on p99.

Tilien
12-01-2019, 05:44 PM
This was done to recreate the 'kill 3 linked mobs to respawn them' system used on live which devs were not able to implement on p99.

This was done explicitly to handle the large number of people at launch, and the xp nerf was done because of exploit fears.

Tilien
12-01-2019, 05:45 PM
"But _____ isn't classic, therefore _____ unclassic thing should be in too" is a horrible argument to sway the dude in charge who literally says he wants classic mechanics even if it makes people mad.

I'm not saying I'm going to sway him, I'm saying his stated motivation is clearly not his actual motivation.

Jimjam
12-01-2019, 05:58 PM
This was done explicitly to handle the large number of people at launch, and the xp nerf was done because of exploit fears.

Yes, cos large numbers of people in the zone cause the 'kill 3 linked mobs to trigger respawn' to cycle disproportionately faster than the 1:1 system. Thats what the respawn hack/fix attempted to emulate.

Sonark
12-01-2019, 06:00 PM
No pets after 34 can ONLY be supported if your goal is to make an exact museum and NOT a good game in itself.This museum metaphor needs to die and the stagnant pond one needs to realize its prominence.

What the devs "want" is something like they remember, except when they don't want to remember it that way, or know they can't because people are awful.

Good luck.

There's nothing about this that is a "museum"

EverQuest is still a game today that includes all of the content that this server offers, and then a whole metric shitton more. The "museum" isn't here, and it's already owned by someone else.

Tecmos Deception
12-01-2019, 06:17 PM
I'm not saying I'm going to sway him, I'm saying his stated motivation is clearly not his actual motivation.

Right. He (and the others) has been 95+% consistently making mechanics classic for over a decade AND says that's what he is trying to do... but we totally should not believe him because of a handful of exceptions that are generally explained by the fact that this is a hobby and handled by volunteers.

Why didn't I think of that?!

Obrae
12-01-2019, 06:27 PM
You're the dipshit that continued to level a class that didnt have pets past 34. We are all laughing at you.

such an insightful person.

Axlrose
12-01-2019, 06:30 PM
As I write this, there are 2,474 people playing across the four servers.

Players are still playing with the wacky dynamic lighting and locked close up clip plane. Players are still playing with magicians not having high end pets. Players are still playing with drop rates pushing towards days while following a list command prompting relatively close attention to being alive or lose your spot. Players are still playing with a mixture of both classic and non-classic aspects in a ~classic~ environment.

But opening the Green server made a few headlines.

Pretty sure the devs are not in any hurry to fix anything right now.

Siege
12-01-2019, 06:34 PM
My Mage has been parked at level 24 for a couple weeks now. After some procrastination, I was willing to do the Research grind until I found out that pets didn't exist after level 34. I'm willing to put the work in, but not if I'm going to hit a wall in 10 levels. I don't care if they never put pets on vendors. I just want to be able to play my Mage again.

mzl0011
12-01-2019, 06:42 PM
My Mage has been parked at level 24 for a couple weeks now. After some procrastination, I was willing to do the Research grind until I found out that pets didn't exist after level 34. I'm willing to put the work in, but not if I'm going to hit a wall in 10 levels. I don't care if they never put pets on vendors. I just want to be able to play my Mage again.

The "wall" would at a minimum be 15 levels from where you currently are. I played a mage because I enjoy playing one, I could have grouped but chose to solo at the end because I had RL stuff to take care of and needed to randomly afk.

All this mage talk has me thinking about rolling another mage. Maybe another human mage!

Roth
12-01-2019, 06:54 PM

I play a shaman actually, moron. I just said all the mages I leveled with have quit.

Roth
12-01-2019, 06:59 PM
Right. He (and the others) has been 95+% consistently making mechanics classic for over a decade AND says that's what he is trying to do... but we totally should not believe him because of a handful of exceptions that are generally explained by the fact that this is a hobby and handled by volunteers.

Here is the problem... you are defending positions you don't agree with/don't understand by deflecting... you are explaining away instances that aren't classic by arguing why they are fine or basically saying they are making mistakes because they are volunteers or don't have time to fix it. Nilbog knows about the mage pet issue and CAN fix it now. I feel like your goal is to defend the project UNCONDITIONALLY instead of actually providing a logical argument why it should be this way.

Also to the people saying /list is classic, it isn't because it is completely changing the way people play significantly by automating it. It is literally changing player behavior and in most cases in live people respected the camp. Whether you want /list or not, it is the most significant deviation I've seen from classic everquest since I've started playing here.

Tecmos Deception
12-01-2019, 07:37 PM
Here is the problem... you are defending positions you don't agree with/don't understand by deflecting... you are explaining away instances that aren't classic by arguing why they are fine or basically saying they are making mistakes because they are volunteers or don't have time to fix it. Nilbog knows about the mage pet issue and CAN fix it now. I feel like your goal is to defend the project UNCONDITIONALLY instead of actually providing a logical argument why it should be this way.

Also to the people saying /list is classic, it isn't because it is completely changing the way people play significantly by automating it. It is literally changing player behavior and in most cases in live people respected the camp. Whether you want /list or not, it is the most significant deviation I've seen from classic everquest since I've started playing here.

The problem is this is nilbog's show, and he's said how he wants to run it and does indeed largely run it that way, but some people aren't content enough with a volunteer-run, donation-supported hobby project that is graciously made available to them to play it without bitching that nilbog isn't running the show PRECISELY the way they want it to be run.

Roth
12-01-2019, 07:58 PM
The problem is this is nilbog's show, and he's said how he wants to run it and does indeed largely run it that way, but some people aren't content enough with a volunteer-run, donation-supported hobby project that is graciously made available to them to play it without bitching that nilbog isn't running the show PRECISELY the way they want it to be run.

My answer to that is that this is the only good eq server that exists. So let's say they screw up green and it dies, that's pretty much it. I can definetly appreciate nilbog/rogean's work on this project, and back in 2014 or 2015 before velious was out I would constantly defend/praise p99 to anyone who would listen. However, I think many of the decisions made for green recently have gone against the original spirit of the project. My theory as to why that might be is that once the project was finished they wanted to keep making more changes, which is why there are a lot of things being added to the game recently that no one really wants.

TheDudeAbides
12-01-2019, 08:02 PM
It's ridiculous to purposely make a class "unfinished" at server launch because "It was Classic"

Even the idiot who whined on the forums to make it happen admits they didn't think it through. They were bent on getting the class nerfed and didn't give a black steer's tuckus on a moonless prairie what the actual consequences would be for EVERYONE who wants to play the class and just lvl it normally to 50 with access to it's most critical and basic spells.

I really don't understand the reasoning behind launching the servers with mages in this state. It's got to be the most shortsighted decision I've ever seen made in an MMO. Let me go play Forensic Forum Search and find some ambiguous claim 20 years ago that "X Class" didn't have their most critical spell during x and x time. Hopefully Dolalin is playing that class and it gets whacked.

I also find it ironic that mages can't get a proper pet after lvl 34, yet chanters still enjoy OP Charm. Talk about rubbing a dog's nose in *&^%$ lol

There have been plenty of non classic changes made because leaving them in their current state was game breaking. This is irrefutable and immediately negates any "It was Classic" argument out the window. It's self serving at this point to try to straddle that high horse PUHLEASE

Especially when this class has been working perfectly fine on the same project for 10 years. It's not like mages are part of the Trinity. Come Kunark 95% of them will get COTH and become summon bots anyways. They aren't going to make or break any raid on these servers because they have their pets.

There were so many factors that contributed to the state of the game at Classic release. Most of them had nothing to do with the game itself. We're talking about SOE here. A company that was notorious (B I G) for releasing products much earlier than they should have with unfinished class mechanics and content.

Why would we recreate a broken game because some jackass in marketing 20 years ago wanted to push the game before it was ready for release?

Give mages their entire spell line of pets. If they have to be researched, fine, whatever, but give me break. The servers should have never launched like this. Bad decision. Huge mistake. I get it. The server is free and we're all thankful, but can a class at least have access to all of it's most critical spell line in some way?

I don't think that's asking too much. Anyone trying to argue that mages should be knee capped like this are a bunch of losers, scouring decades old forums trying to play detective, probably putting more work into gimping other classes than they are actually putting into the game.

Roth
12-01-2019, 08:16 PM
It's ridiculous to purposely make a class "unfinished" at server launch because "It was Classic"

Even the idiot who whined on the forums to make it happen admits they didn't think it through. They were bent on getting the class nerfed and didn't give a black steer's tuckus on a moonless prairie what the actual consequences would be for EVERYONE who wants to play the class and just lvl it normally to 50 with access to it's most critical and basic spells.

I really don't understand the reasoning behind launching the servers with mages in this state. It's got to be the most shortsighted decision I've ever seen made in an MMO. Let me go play Forensic Forum Search and find some ambiguous claim 20 years ago that "X Class" didn't have their most critical spell during x and x time. Hopefully Dolalin is playing that class and it gets whacked.

I also find it ironic that mages can't get a proper pet after lvl 34, yet chanters still enjoy OP Charm. Talk about rubbing a dog's nose in *&^%$ lol

There have been plenty of non classic changes made because leaving them in their current state was game breaking. This is irrefutable and immediately negates any "It was Classic" argument out the window. It's self serving at this point to try to straddle that high horse PUHLEASE

Especially when this class has been working perfectly fine on the same project for 10 years. It's not like mages are part of the Trinity. Come Kunark 95% of them will get COTH and become summon bots anyways. They aren't going to make or break any raid on these servers because they have their pets.

There were so many factors that contributed to the state of the game at Classic release. Most of them had nothing to do with the game itself. We're talking about SOE here. A company that was notorious (B I G) for releasing products much earlier than they should have with unfinished class mechanics and content.

Why would we recreate a broken game because some jackass in marketing 20 years ago wanted to push the game before it was ready for release?

Give mages their entire spell line of pets. If they have to be researched, fine, whatever, but give me break. The servers should have never launched like this. Bad decision. Huge mistake. I get it. The server is free and we're all thankful, but can a class at least have access to all of it's most critical spell line in some way?

I don't think that's asking too much. Anyone trying to argue that mages should be knee capped like this are a bunch of losers, scouring decades old forums trying to play detective, probably putting more work into gimping other classes than they are actually putting into the game.

Harsh, but well said. We are here to play classic everquest because it was a great game. Purposefully breaking a class because it wasn't finished is one of the worst decisions ever made and goes against the entire project.

putrid_plum
12-01-2019, 08:22 PM
Go outside a bit instead of freaking out about some pets that will be fixed in time. I personally find it a bit amusing that these players picked mage to be quick levelers and power houses and now all I see is crying.

Bazia
12-01-2019, 08:32 PM
why pick mage which is honestly just worse ENC

this user was banned
12-01-2019, 08:35 PM

100x this

Obrae
12-01-2019, 08:35 PM
Go outside a bit instead of freaking out about some pets that will be fixed in time. I personally find it a bit amusing that these players picked mage to be quick levelers and power houses and now all I see is crying.

And why do you assume its the reason people took that class ?

Faster leveling class is far from magician.

SamwiseRed
12-01-2019, 08:39 PM
I think nilbog mained a mage in classic. He isnt doing anything he doesn't believe to be correct classic mechanics.

Obrae
12-01-2019, 08:49 PM
I think nilbog mained a mage in classic. He isnt doing anything he doesn't believe to be correct classic mechanics.

The change didnt come from Nilbog. Original release and progression was nothing like it is here.

TheDudeAbides
12-01-2019, 08:51 PM

I played Blue pretty much at release and Classic at release

Mages had access to ALL of their pet spells in some way

The current state of mage pet spells is a Green/Teal anomaly

Vizax_Xaziv
12-01-2019, 09:07 PM

Again, this argument is tired and old. Enchanters are a significantly more powerful class, and when the Mage-pet nerfs went through, the majority of them rerolled to Chanter (I say this based on the numbers of Chanters in game before/after the Mage-pet nerfs)

vossiewulf
12-01-2019, 09:15 PM

A great idea would be to make a forum account require a $25 donation.

And I donated $100 back when I signed up with Blue a few years ago, and did so again before creating an account on Green. In both cases I've tried to keep close to $20 per month of active play time as if I were a regular subscriber back in the day. Monumental doesn't begin to describe how much effort has been required to make and support Blue/Red/Green/Teal.

So really I think it would be entirely fair for them to establish a "Pay to Bitch" policy where there's one forum for the hoi paloi and one for people who care enough to support the entire effort. Access to the latter doesn't guarantee anything other than something you bring up will at least get a clear thumbs up/down acknowledgment from the team, not that you get to argue with them ad infinitum.

I also wonder how some of these arguments are still occurring as they mostly revolve around what the definition of "classic" is to Nilbog and this has to go back to the start of Blue. Is it reproducing exactly what happened? Is it reproducing what happened except for the constant server crashes early on? Is it what happened but we'll fix this set of egregious bugs first? Or the other end of the spectrum, is it what would/could/should have happened had Verant better information on which to make balance decisions (like we have now) and more testing resources etc., i.e. "ideal" classic EQ?

Personally I'd be more tempted to do the latter- fix all the major impacting bugs, stable environment, classes tweaked/fixed to remove the most egregious early issues, like nuking the 40% hybrid exp penalty from the get go. But until I build out my own Emu server and staff it and support it, yeah, don't matter, what matters is what exactly is Nilbog's definition?

SamwiseRed
12-01-2019, 09:55 PM
I played Blue pretty much at release and Classic at release

Mages had access to ALL of their pet spells in some way

The current state of mage pet spells is a Green/Teal anomaly

Blue was beta. Blue release was so far from classic. Why would you bring that up?

NegaStoat
12-01-2019, 11:58 PM
The critical issue with magicians and their research being fixed + pets added to vendors isn't one of how long it took to happen back in 1999, but what the trigger was for the devs to recognize the situation and fix it. The trigger was player knowledge being hammered into the game staff via ancient posting boards. So, one more time in basic English. Players recognized a BUG that was complained about to the devs who agreed it was a BUG and fixed it within 24 hours of noticing it. Hotfixed.

The problem with P1999's approach is one of saying "we're re creating a museum of perfect era 1999 everquest" and cherry picking which bugs and features to include or exclude, which also prompts a response of "player knowledge with this issue as a trigger will be ignored and be given a blanket 60+ days of suspended time because of reasons."

Folks that are unhappy have a valid right to be. The ball's been dropped. If you feel comfortable continuing to play on the flawed presentation, go for it.

Kanuvan
12-02-2019, 12:02 AM
i can only wish the other pet classes recieved the same treatment

TripSin
12-02-2019, 12:03 AM
... "we're re creating a museum of perfect era 1999 everquest" ...

But this already isn't that AT ALL... The second you put a bunch of 2019 people into, it's no longer classic by a long shot. Didn't have things like all these different chat windows, chat filters, an absence of that insanely space-hogging, andclunky UI, having to look at book fullscreen to med, etc etc - BUT THIS IS FINE AND GOOD because some things about classic were just absolute horse rubbish.

TheDudeAbides
12-02-2019, 01:00 AM
Blue was beta. Blue release was so far from classic. Why would you bring that up?

What is the purpose of Beta testing

To make the game better or worse?

Widan
12-02-2019, 01:43 AM
How about the devs fix some shit like pathing literally not working in a single location and mobs warping through walls, ceilings, and even warping across land in open outdoor zones which ya know is actually game breaking for all players, instead of worrying about trivial matters like pet spells? People are posting the dumbest minutiae on the bug report forums, while large parts of the Everquest experience don't work at all here.

Bazia
12-02-2019, 01:48 AM
what widan said, no one can even use MM 35+ without wiping the entire zone with a 40 mob train

dying to a pathing mob warp when i was level 17 was cheeky, when it happens to me at level 47 it just undid 5 hours of work

senna
12-02-2019, 02:50 AM
They still haven't fixed this? Lol so glad I quit a few weeks ago

Dolalin
12-02-2019, 03:07 AM
MM was broken badly at release, plus all the necro NPCs had charm and the zone was absolutely deadly.

To everyone complaining: you're getting the most classic EQ launch experience ever made.

Also I no longer regret submitting those merchant rules to Nilbog, you guys are arseholes. I hope the devs don't patch for another six months.

Lastly, I play a level 20 bard, so I've already nerfed myself.

douglas1999
12-02-2019, 03:07 AM
Guys my free game isn't perfect what should I do???!

Tethler
12-02-2019, 04:35 AM
What is the purpose of Beta testing

To make the game better or worse?

To make it classic

senna
12-02-2019, 08:30 AM
Guys my free game isn't perfect what should I do???!

This is a stupid take. You should always put a value on your time. If you're putting time into something then its costing you no matter what.

If you don't enjoy something you should quit. A lot of mages aren't enjoying green and are probably close to quitting, so its totally reasonable that they will voice complaints before doing so. I personally already threw in the towel, too many other good games right now to waste it on something thats half baked.

Uuruk
12-02-2019, 08:39 AM
This is a stupid take. You should always put a value on your time. If you're putting time into something then its costing you no matter what.

If you don't enjoy something you should quit. A lot of mages aren't enjoying green and are probably close to quitting, so its totally reasonable that they will voice complaints before doing so. I personally already threw in the towel, too many other good games right now to waste it on something thats half baked.

I don't feel bad for them. Would you feel bad for someone who was driving on a road that knew it ended with a nosedive off a cliff?

Vizax_Xaziv
12-02-2019, 08:45 AM

Most of them just rerolled Enchanter or Necro lol. As if we needed to artificially increase the population of those classes right?

Roth
12-02-2019, 08:52 AM
I don't feel bad for them. Would you feel bad for someone who was driving on a road that knew it ended with a nosedive off a cliff?

A lot of people didn't know or understand when they started leveling that this would be the result. Even nilbog didn't know when he patched it in the game.

Ferahgo
12-02-2019, 09:04 AM
Unfortunately P99 has a culture full of cynical players. Anyone against mages getting their pets because "It's classic" is lying, they are just acting callous because that is who they truly are as a person.

Jimjam
12-02-2019, 10:01 AM
A lot of people didn't know or understand when they started leveling that this would be the result. Even nilbog didn't know when he patched it in the game.

People not knowing or understanding how broken the game was going to be is classic.

Phaezed-Reality
12-02-2019, 10:29 AM
I don't get what the big deal is, this is an emu server, things happen. Just reroll an enchanter or druid until the mage fix is in. This is EVERquest, there is plenty to do. and enjoy.

Tecmos Deception
12-02-2019, 10:41 AM
People not knowing or understanding how broken the game was going to be is classic.

I don't get what the big deal is, this is an emu server, things happen. Just reroll an enchanter or druid until the mage fix is in. This is EVERquest, there is plenty to do. and enjoy.

Don't stop! I'm so close!

Tilien
12-02-2019, 10:51 AM
Yes, cos large numbers of people in the zone cause the 'kill 3 linked mobs to trigger respawn' to cycle disproportionately faster than the 1:1 system. Thats what the respawn hack/fix attempted to emulate.

Can you provide evidence for this?

"Spawn Time Reductions - As has been discovered on Beta, there is currently a spawn time reduction affecting most low level mobs. We decided to put this in place after evaluating the options for alleviating the crowded newbie zones and getting people out into the world. We didn't want to put an XP Bonus in place. We feel that this is an adequate alternative. This system can be scaled and disabled as necessary when the population spreads out. It will be set to an 80% reduction at launch."

This was put in to alleviate crowding and has been stated that it would be removed as crowding went down. This was not to simulate a classic mechanic, it was to alleviate crowding and that was it.

Tecmos Deception
12-02-2019, 10:51 AM
Unfortunately P99 has a culture full of cynical players. Anyone against mages getting their pets because "It's classic" is lying, they are just acting callous because that is who they truly are as a person.

Do you think that if you just keep lying enough, you can magically bring about the reality you wish for? You people. :rolleyes:

Tilien
12-02-2019, 10:58 AM

He (and the others) have been doing things in a nonclassic way for QoL and convenience for over a decade. When he chooses some QoL things over others it seems more like perhaps some people's complaints get them further and that perhaps he isn't as unbiased as the sig suggests.

I'd be willing to believe: "Make it classic except when it makes the game unplayable for some, or exploited by some", which is fine and very much in the spirit of the game (mage fixes on live were made ASAP and only took so long because of the time to discover the problem, so again it is in the spirit of the game to introduce them).

But then they just don't patch mages and makes it seem like "Let me make the QoL changes that people I like benefit from and not bother with others".

Ferahgo
12-02-2019, 11:13 AM
Do you think that if you just keep lying enough, you can magically bring about the reality you wish for? You people. :rolleyes:

Not sure what this means but much of what you post lately seems to have little meaning other than trying to rile people up. You've become a true troll of this community over the years, I'm sure you're happy with yourself.

supermonk
12-02-2019, 11:42 AM

i never played classic eq or a server from start; green is my first experience. i just always thought research combines were "broken" at 34...so you're telling me this is classic?

(edit) also, i'm not lobbying for vendored pet spells...i'm a gambling man and i personally think doing combines up to 49 is cool.

i'm a mage at heart and going for my 3rd epic..not everyone made the class to neckbeard it to 50. i didn't even know about the whole pet thing until i was lvl 20.

Tecmos Deception
12-02-2019, 12:15 PM
He (and the others) have been doing things in a nonclassic way for QoL and convenience for over a decade.

What unclassic QOL and convenience features have been added into the game? I feel like if my claim about 95+% consistency in pursuing classic mechanics isn't true, it should be no problem for you to fire off dozens of examples.

Not sure what this means but much of what you post lately seems to have little meaning other than trying to rile people up. You've become a true troll of this community over the years, I'm sure you're happy with yourself.

Of course you don't know what that means. That was pretty much my point. You don't know the truth when it slaps you in the face unless the truth just so happens to be what you already wanted to hear. You're got no good argument for why things should be the way you want, so you blame a culture of cynicism for holding back you few good apples even though the vast majority of people involved in p99 are not some big, cynical conspiracy; and you think a person just must be a dick IRL if he dares to want a classic mechanic in the game; and you call me a troll when I point out how asinine the things you're saying are.

Vizax_Xaziv
12-02-2019, 12:45 PM

What you mean, "you people ?"

Tecmos Deception
12-02-2019, 01:04 PM
What you mean, "you people ?"

The very post you quoted describes the sort of people I'm talking about.

Are you one of those people too? What did you THINK I meant by "you people" immediately following a pretty clear implication of who I was talking about?

Jadian
12-02-2019, 01:42 PM
This was an ideological decision to appease forum trolls over playerbase.

This thread is more than enough evidence of that.

Vizax_Xaziv
12-02-2019, 03:57 PM
The very post you quoted describes the sort of people I'm talking about.

Are you one of those people too? What did you THINK I meant by "you people" immediately following a pretty clear implication of who I was talking about?

Non-whites

TripSin
12-02-2019, 03:59 PM
just give mages their pets. holy shit this is ridiculous. this is already not at all "classic" - that argument is just asinine.

fadetree
12-02-2019, 04:00 PM
RACE CARD PLAYED

TECMOS confirmed racist!

this user was banned
12-02-2019, 04:05 PM
just give mages their pets. holy shit this is ridiculous. this is already not at all "classic" - that argument is just asinine.

Classic eq was ridiculous.

Vizax_Xaziv
12-02-2019, 04:10 PM
PLEASE FIX THE MAGE PETS! (FULL DISCLOSURE: I'M *NOT* PLAYING A MAGE ON GREEN OR TEAL)

Tecmos Deception
12-02-2019, 04:12 PM
RACE CARD PLAYED

TECMOS confirmed racist!

I think you're trolling, but I still feel the need to clarify that Vizax is the only one who has said anything about race. I explained how I was talking about the people who fall back on logical fallacies and coping mechanisms, like Ferahgo was, when they realize they don't have a winning argument to use.

bum3
12-02-2019, 04:24 PM
I'm watching 2 lvl 28 shamans struggle to duo treants.. my lvl 24 water pet solos them... i don't feel bad.

fadetree
12-02-2019, 04:39 PM
I think you're trolling, but I still feel the need to clarify that Vizax is the only one who has said anything about race. I explained how I was talking about the people who fall back on logical fallacies and coping mechanisms, like Ferahgo was, when they realize they don't have a winning argument to use.

Of course I'm trolling....him, not you. It's the ultimate failure of argument when you start doing that kind of thing. It means you have nowhere else to go.

TheDudeAbides
12-02-2019, 09:42 PM
To make it classic

Really?

Ok

Go ahead and write me a complete "/list" of Non Classic changes that have been made to the server over the last 10 years as we "beta tested" Blue

I could rattle most of them off from memory, but I'm curious if you have any idea what you're talking about

You can even pretend you're Dolalin and scour the entire post history of the entire board and play Detective

*Edit* I agree with most of the changes that have been made for the record

Nirgon
12-02-2019, 10:26 PM
nother good thread for rnf move

not as good as the enchanter one tho

Jimjam
12-03-2019, 12:29 AM
Can you provide evidence for this?

"Spawn Time Reductions - As has been discovered on Beta, there is currently a spawn time reduction affecting most low level mobs. We decided to put this in place after evaluating the options for alleviating the crowded newbie zones and getting people out into the world. We didn't want to put an XP Bonus in place. We feel that this is an adequate alternative. This system can be scaled and disabled as necessary when the population spreads out. It will be set to an 80% reduction at launch."

This was put in to alleviate crowding and has been stated that it would be removed as crowding went down. This was not to simulate a classic mechanic, it was to alleviate crowding and that was it.
It was put in to alleviate crowding as p1999 is missing lives native mechanic that does so.

Most zones each trio of linked mobs have spawn points spread through out the newbie yard, which makes it difficult to find the right three mobs and witness them collectively respawn. In paineel they didn't bother spreading out thr spawn points so i suggest rolling a f2p heretic on db's test server and slaughtering mobs to witness a version of this mechanic in action.

putrid_plum
12-03-2019, 10:22 AM
HALP! My free game that is probably the most accurate classic EQ experience out there has some minor flaws that will be adjusted and fixed because the people who made it did it for free and in their spare time plus have lives outside P99! HALP! HALP! HALP!!

SkeletonLrodd
12-03-2019, 10:24 AM
Was the pet 50% xp at launch? I know they played around with it in Luclin, I thought it was added post launch though.

Phaezed-Reality
12-03-2019, 12:31 PM
first, i played from classic, the 50% exp change wasn't added until MUCH longer when afk leveling was found to be a thing, pet where researchable up to 49 the whole time, while broken combines where eventually patched it to put the 1 or 2 broken combines on vendors. Who cares tho, reroll, if u wernt ready to handle an emu classic mage server, u really arn't ready to handle a real mmorpg in brads vision. Eventually the devs will catch up.

I offer no proof, other then socking mage for the last 20 years, 4 of them from 99 to 2003. and i dont care to provide any, because who the fuck cares., reroll, stop being so fucking soft.

Ferahgo
12-03-2019, 01:26 PM
Of course you don't know what that means. That was pretty much my point. You don't know the truth when it slaps you in the face unless the truth just so happens to be what you already wanted to hear. You're got no good argument for why things should be the way you want, so you blame a culture of cynicism for holding back you few good apples even though the vast majority of people involved in p99 are not some big, cynical conspiracy; and you think a person just must be a dick IRL if he dares to want a classic mechanic in the game; and you call me a troll when I point out how asinine the things you're saying are.

Oh please...

So you're willing to stand here and say "Mages not having their 39+ pets for several months makes my classic experience better." Ok, so is it because you don't want to compete with Mages in game or is it because you truly want the 'experience' of one of the classes being broken? Regardless of your answer, agreeing with the fact you want no 39+ pets makes you a selfish person. There are no words you can spin to claim otherwise.

I wasn't trying to come up with facts to fix Mages, I was stating this community can be very cynical and that's the truth, there is no conspiracy. You're a prime example of what I'm talking about. With all those posts you make, what exactly do you offer lately to this community besides snarky responses? I remember you from way back and you were helpful, not sure where things went wrong for you but maybe consider giving this all a rest for a bit.

Anyway, gl with your obsession for winning an argument. /wave

Dolalin
12-03-2019, 01:46 PM
50% pet xp penalty was in from launch. People were talking about it in April 1999. I've debunked this many times.

There is hard data from ShowEQ showing up in early 2000 about it too.

SkeletonLrodd
12-03-2019, 01:50 PM
50% pet xp penalty was in from launch. People were talking about it in April 1999. I've debunked this many times.

There is hard data from ShowEQ showing up in early 2000 about it too.

I played a mage on live, but only post Kunark, my friends said the xp penalty was added recently before I joined and I remember it being lifted in Luclin sometime, I was actually curious because I still hear conflicting info.

Evets
12-03-2019, 02:44 PM
I feel your pain mages..

Hopefully they get the mage pets rolling soon. I'm not a mage but love the class and to group with them.

Erati
12-03-2019, 03:13 PM
the worst part is not really knowing how strong we could be if our pets were in

Mages will have to plan where to solo starting from square 1 once the pets are in bc how it works now you have to basically figure out how to solo without your pet doing much besides a slightly damaging speedbump as you nuke.

Jimjam
12-03-2019, 03:37 PM
Oh please...

So you're willing to stand here and say "Mages not having their 39+ pets for several months makes my classic experience better." Ok, so is it because you don't want to compete with Mages in game or is it because you truly want the 'experience' of one of the classes being broken? Regardless of your answer, agreeing with the fact you want no 39+ pets makes you a selfish person. There are no words you can spin to claim otherwise.

I wasn't trying to come up with facts to fix Mages, I was stating this community can be very cynical and that's the truth, there is no conspiracy. You're a prime example of what I'm talking about. With all those posts you make, what exactly do you offer lately to this community besides snarky responses? I remember you from way back and you were helpful, not sure where things went wrong for you but maybe consider giving this all a rest for a bit.

I don't see you campaigning for rogues to get evade early. For tanks to get aggro from bash as it was intended (equivalent aggro to spell stun, which Sony admitted had been broken from release at DoN time and they didn't even fix it so as not to imbalance the meta). For rangers not to be left 20 levels behind other melee on defence.

Clearly you don't care about having a broken class nor about classic. I won't second guess your motivations. I will suggest a more classic play style. 2 hours maybe a couple of times a week or fortnight and the occasional weekend binge. Visit places, talk to npc and players. Explore. Fish at the pier. Farm items for crafting and buy junk items you don't need. Make sandwiches. You can stretch out those first 24 levels easily over the 2 month (1 now) waiting time. If you peak too early the 24 pet is fairly attainable. Enjoy your time in Norrath and remember there is a world outside there too.

supermonk
12-03-2019, 03:48 PM
HALP! My free game that is probably the most accurate classic EQ experience out there has some minor flaws that will be adjusted and fixed because the people who made it did it for free and in their spare time plus have lives outside P99! HALP! HALP! HALP!!

like i said if it's classic, then i'll begrudgingly accept it. i just thought it was a p99 thing

Tecmos Deception
12-03-2019, 04:26 PM
Oh please...

I very, very specifically always talk about how I want classic mechanics. I very, very specifically explain that what "the classic experience" is means a lot less to me, and that I'm pretty sure it means less to the dudes in charge, than having classic mechanics does.

That you can reply, still, and act like I've ever said or implied or thought "Mages not having their 39+ pets for several months makes my classic experience better." ... Lol ... It just shows how totally clueless you really are.

That you think it makes me selfish for wanting to see classic (albeit odd) mechanics recreated? Shit man. I won't say what else I think with this thread not in r&f yet.

Dolalin
12-03-2019, 04:49 PM
Nobody has leveled a mage like you guys have in over 20 years. Stop and think about that.

WaffleztheAndal
12-03-2019, 04:57 PM
Nobody has leveled a mage like you guys have in over 20 years. Stop and think about that.

I’m pretty sure people levelled mages the same on blue as they did on green.

Let’s just agree the mage changes on green turned into a broken shitshow neither you or Nilbog predicted, and leave it at that. They’ll be patched properly (hopefully) in January.

Nirgon
12-03-2019, 06:02 PM
You can solo specs from 35-47 with jboots

then get in some lguk, highkeep noble or w/e farm groups

its not the end of the world

I don't know either way when mages got their research and vendor pets tbh, this one's something I couldn't tell ya as I wasnt a 50 mage 2 months in lol

I do think it is very surprising they couldn't even research their pets past 34

WaffleztheAndal
12-03-2019, 06:05 PM
You can solo specs from 35-47 with jboots

then get in some lguk, highkeep noble or w/e farm groups

its not the end of the world

I don't know either way when mages got their research and vendor pets tbh, this one's something I couldn't tell ya as I wasnt a 50 mage 2 months in lol

I do think it is very surprising they couldn't even research their pets past 34

I’m with you on it not being the end of the world, it’s not even close. But please don’t advocate people go put themselves on one of those unhealthy as fuck legacy item lists. Fuck that.

Nirgon
12-03-2019, 06:10 PM
I don't recommend it to anyone but jboots isn't the worst one

The item itself is attainable within 6 hours of camping, about standard for an EQ rare. The rest you can blame on the demand for the item. Sorry if you're old now and your body can't take it. Mine certainly isn't any younger.

Or.

Make a shaman alt and drop transfer yourself bags of sow pots. Killing the specs should pay for the pots and then some.

I don't think we should change classic EQ with old age sympathy mechanics. It is Brad's classic vision to keep items rare and people hanging around at camps and socializing. I enjoyed the chatting and pals I met at camps. You might too.

WaffleztheAndal
12-03-2019, 06:28 PM

The item itself is attainable within 6 hours of camping, about standard for an EQ rare. The rest you can blame on the demand for the item. Sorry if you're old now and your body can't take it. Mine certainly isn't any younger.

Or.

Make a shaman alt and drop transfer yourself bags of sow pots. Killing the specs should pay for the pots and then some.

I don't think we should change classic EQ with old age sympathy mechanics. It is Brad's classic vision to keep items rare and people hanging around at camps and socializing. I enjoyed the chatting and pals I met at camps. You might too.

I wasn’t advocating for any changes, more just that we need to suck it up and either deal with it or do something else until the patch in January. It seems fairly clear by this point that the interim fix that was being planned isn’t going to go ahead.

mzl0011
12-03-2019, 06:54 PM

Or.

There are at least 8 different options of mobs for 39-50. You dont need to group and you dont need jboots. Sow pots ftw. I honestly figured out something when I was 75% of the way through 49 that would have probably saved me about a week or more in my leveling. That was a tough pill to swallow.

Once you hit 44 it's so much easier with a better nuke.

Phaezed-Reality
12-03-2019, 07:28 PM
yea there are ways. a true magician will always find a way.

Obrae
12-03-2019, 08:22 PM
You know guys, you can also level from 1 to 50 naked with a warrior. Everything is possible. It dosent mean it should be.

mzl0011
12-03-2019, 08:29 PM
You know guys, you can also level from 1 to 50 naked with a warrior. Everything is possible. It dosent mean it should be.

I guess that argument wins?

Whoop
12-04-2019, 10:45 AM
There are at least 8 different options of mobs for 39-50. You dont need to group and you dont need jboots. Sow pots ftw. I honestly figured out something when I was 75% of the way through 49 that would have probably saved me about a week or more in my leveling. That was a tough pill to swallow.

Once you hit 44 it's so much easier with a better nuke.

Please share :)

mzl0011
12-04-2019, 12:04 PM
Please share :)

Alright, I love this game and appreciate everything Rogean and crew have done. Magician is my favorite class and hope this helps other magicians.

If anyone needs combines send me a tell in game "bababooey" and I will combine for free. Let's blow the spell market up! My research is 175.

In my opinion a level 37 mob is the sweet spot.

1. Guard McCluskey in West Karana. Level 37 with 6 min 40 spawn time and drops guard bracer. Bind yourself at guard lanarius in NK, kill mccluskey and donlan until you cant move anymore, gate, turn in and run back. Drops box of Abu kar.

2. Einhurst + Ulrich: these are great, einhurst drops box of Abu kar. Level 35 and 31.

3. Dom, brandy and lush mcmannus in Everest. Level 40 warriors. Need to be 44 to do these guys.

4. Bashers in ogguk. Several mobs. Good pp. 24min spawns but do 4-5 of them in your rotation and it's close to 6:40

5. Spectres- heavily camped. I did these but not as efficient imho.

6. High keep - 4th floor. Level 35 mcnabe chicks. High zem. 6 min spawns.

7. High keep Basement. 41 necro. Great xp. Tough fight. 6 min spawn. Good level 49 spot. High zem.

8. West freeport guards. Good xp, good loot, 22 min spawn. Do 4 in rotation.

9. Butcher block- level 40 guards.

4th floor of high keep with a cleric duo is untouchable xp from 36-44. You can do 12 mobs in 9 minutes 30 seconds, go sell, med and do it again. You can invis your cleric partner from the top floor if he is standing at the merchant on 1st floor next to the bard.

Get level 50 bro's. Send me a tell in game if you have questions. I am always LFG so hit me up I need to camp gear!

WaffleztheAndal
12-04-2019, 12:20 PM
Alright, I love this game and appreciate everything Rogean and crew have done. Magician is my favorite class and hope this helps other magicians.

If anyone needs combines send me a tell in game "bababooey" and I will combine for free. Let's blow the spell market up! My research is 175.

1. Guard McCluskey in West Karana. Level 37 with 6 min 40 spawn time and drops guard bracer. Bind yourself at guard lanarius in NK, kill mccluskey and donlan until you cant move anymore, gate, turn in and run back. Drops box of Abu kar.

2. Einhurst + Ulrich: these are great, einhurst drops box of Abu kar. Level 35 and 31.

3. Dom, brandy and lush mcmannus in Everest. Level 40 warriors. Need to be 44 to do these guys.

4. Bashers in ogguk. Several mobs. Good pp. 24min spawns but do 4-5 of them in your rotation and it's close to 6:40

7. High keep Basement. 41 necro. Great xp. Tough fight. 6 min spawn. Good level 49 spot. High zem.

4th floor of high keep with a cleric duo is untouchable xp from 36-44. You can do 12 mobs in 9 minutes 30 seconds, go sell, med and do it again. You can invis your cleric partner from the top floor if he is standing at the merchant on 1st floor next to the bard.

Get level 50 bro's. Send me a tell in game if you have questions. I am always LFG so hit me up I need to camp gear!

Get this man a medal!

Phaezed-Reality
12-05-2019, 07:06 AM
im salty now. thanks for that

Whoop
12-05-2019, 03:18 PM

simply awesome

saftbudet
12-05-2019, 03:21 PM
Thank Dolala*n for this rushed buggy mage nerf. Arguably wesk proof of classic and rushed implementation of it all brought us to where we are today.

Pozzey
12-05-2019, 04:34 PM
Based on evidence so far, it seems the most classic solution is to add the (always?) uncraftable pet spells back on vendors. The unclassic part of that would be it took 13 days to change instead of the 2 months it took the original eq live developers.

Shout out to when we thought we would get a fix in week 2.

Not bashing, I rEsPeC staff activity but complete radio silence is bit rough. Word on the street is Rogean MIA so others can't get the nod to release the patch. Hope he's sipping winter sun pinacoladas.... Mmm fresh 😎

Also... free server.

Pozzey
12-05-2019, 04:35 PM
And btw, Baba is a saint.

Uuruk
12-05-2019, 08:18 PM
Shout out to when we thought we would get a fix in week 2.

Not bashing, I rEsPeC staff activity but complete radio silence is bit rough. Word on the street is Rogean MIA so others can't get the nod to release the patch. Hope he's sipping winter sun pinacoladas.... Mmm fresh 😎

Also... free server.
No thanksgiving xp didnt shut off teal transfers. Not looking real good tbh.

Fammaden
12-05-2019, 11:17 PM
XP bonus for green/teal would have been moronic anyway. Artificially boosting hundreds of casual douchebags into the 40+ game isn't really what these servers need. And doing it only for blue would have caused too much whining.

Are Teal transfers STILL active?

Uuruk
12-05-2019, 11:54 PM
XP bonus for green/teal would have been moronic anyway. Artificially boosting hundreds of casual douchebags into the 40+ game isn't really what these servers need. And doing it only for blue would have caused too much whining.

Are Teal transfers STILL active?

Yes, rogdawg mia

senseiRuss
12-06-2019, 04:26 PM
Do we have any idea?

Pozzey
12-06-2019, 04:38 PM
Do we have any idea?

February.

SHEETS CLASSIC.

Tilien
12-06-2019, 04:42 PM
February.

SHEETS CLASSIC.

Broken necro pet dps at launch is a bug that needs to be removed from p99 launch.

Broken mage spells are a feature that need to be left out to the minute on p99.

#consistent

Pozzey
12-06-2019, 05:41 PM
Customer server gunna customise dawg.

Phaezed-Reality
12-06-2019, 07:41 PM
https://i.imgur.com/xhkth19.png

entruil
12-07-2019, 12:24 AM
Look like nirgon Dunkin all over the place I still gottuh laugh at Felix and all his tricks in his bag rotf....

Ravage
12-07-2019, 02:13 AM
During POP the reason bards got Nerfed was not because of MQ2. It was clearly stated why. Bards were swarm kiting the Plane of Nightmare close to the zone in. It caused players not to be able to exp due to lack of mobs, they would die from bard swarms and it halted quest and progression in that area. Zone disruption.

Tyberius the Minstrel of Emarr at your service.

Neno
12-08-2019, 09:55 AM
During POP the reason bards got Nerfed was not because of MQ2. It was clearly stated why. Bards were swarm kiting the Plane of Nightmare close to the zone in. It caused players not to be able to exp due to lack of mobs, they would die from bard swarms and it halted quest and progression in that area. Zone disruption.

Tyberius the Minstrel of Emarr at your service.

No. The PoN camp was far enough away from the zone in that I don't see how that would have been an issue. No one really cared about those werewolves except for bards. You could swarm them w/ charm right in their little corner and have 0 issues with adds. I spent a lot of time in PoN and rarely saw anyone even bother exping outside of a few spots that were far from the werewolves. AoE songs/AA ate shit largely because of HoH. It wasn't ever about zone disruption but about how easy it was to solo farm AAs.

derpcake2
12-08-2019, 10:14 AM
No. The PoN camp was far enough away from the zone in that I don't see how that would have been an issue. No one really cared about those werewolves except for bards. You could swarm them w/ charm right in their little corner and have 0 issues with adds. I spent a lot of time in PoN and rarely saw anyone even bother exping outside of a few spots that were far from the werewolves. AoE songs/AA ate shit largely because of HoH. It wasn't ever about zone disruption but about how easy it was to solo farm AAs.

It was about zone disruption.

Since SoE hosted same zones on same server, having multiple bards AE kite in the same zone would overburden that server, causing serverwide lag in the zone.

Same issue with earthshaker / war rampage disc. I would make Nadox a slideshow on every server, pulling 120 mobs and proccing 30+ AEs on all of them at once.

Phaezed-Reality
12-08-2019, 10:19 AM
just fyi, im coming up on 50 from soloing as a mage, This is classic.... And tons of groups will accept you because not everyone knows your a wizard with better nukes yet. and think the pet is fine lol. keep on keepin on.

It's called The Quest, aka Everquest, for a reason. And it is the best game ever.

derpcake2
12-08-2019, 10:20 AM
AE kiting 100+ mobs in Nadox, and using earthshaker / rampage in that zone, is what lead to both nerfs.

While these tricks weren't so widespread that they caused many complaints from players, players did wonder why performance in some zones (HoH) was so terrible.

It was just people mass killing on other servers.

Obrae
12-08-2019, 10:23 AM
just fyi, im coming up on 50 from soloing as a mage, This is classic.... And tons of groups will accept you because not everyone knows your a wizard with better nukes yet. and think the pet is fine lol. keep on keepin on.

It's called The Quest, aka Everquest, for a reason. And it is the best game ever.

There is nothing special at reaching 50. Still isnt classic, just is similar to what it was at release. The only difference is we are already equivalent to 6+ month in progression wise compare to the orginale release.

Original release dosent equate to "classic"

Next iteration can we ask for 12-14 hour downtime per days, hours of chat room session and shit like that ?

Obrae
12-08-2019, 10:25 AM

Also leveling soloing low con blue 6 minutes spawn is for a special type of people. Glad you enjoy that :)

Phaezed-Reality
12-08-2019, 10:46 AM
Also leveling soloing low con blue 6 minutes spawn is for a special type of people. Glad you enjoy that :)

Anything to keep me out of antonican pox dungeons. my lord the pox has taken hold of about everyone but < Seal Team > .

too many antonicans running around in bronze with noticable pock marks from the long grind in desert like conditions with a flailing mace treating black burrow like its a vulak pull, or bringing 12 mobs in when the chanter is new to the game.

Love my solo quest.

Pseudechis
12-10-2019, 04:37 PM
What is the timeline for post level 34 pets?

Pozzey
12-10-2019, 07:14 PM
What is the timeline for post level 34 pets?

On green? Luclin. Which unfortunately isn't on green. Re-roll.

Lvl 4 ranger never been so happy.

saftbudet
12-11-2019, 01:59 AM
This whole thing just put in the light the lack of professionalism of the team. It's ok they are "volonteers".

The change they made after beta proved the team is lazy and prone to influence by anyone with half an argument. They have shot right next to their goal and missed the point of the server.

To

Yeh they listened way to much to a certain user who preseneted them selective classic proofs of mages not having pets from npcs.
Not only that does this user wanna do his next attemt is to make pets always take 50% of mages xp. Again by selective classic proof.

Listening to this induvidual and not realising research was broken actually caused an unclassic experience by mages having not pets + 34 at all. Hillarous its worse then live. I bet the user is happy bow it turned out way better then he had dreamed of.

Nuggie
12-11-2019, 02:24 AM
Nilbog nerfed mage pet exp very early on in blue's history when a few... deplorables... were afk camping gornit(amongst other places). The few screwed the many.

Pseudechis
12-11-2019, 10:41 AM
is there an actual post from a dev on the timeline of allowing pets after 34?

Erati
12-11-2019, 11:31 AM
is there an actual post from a dev on the timeline of allowing pets after 34?

P99 patch release dates are never revealed.

Just keep enjoying your FREE Everquest.

Man0warr
12-11-2019, 11:43 AM
Well if they want to follow the timeline the patch times are kind of set in stone - Nilbog mentioned wanting to fix this issue ahead of schedule.

If they are following the live patch schedule for major changes, then what's the point of Green/Teal to begin with.

Pseudechis
12-11-2019, 12:02 PM
Well if they want to follow the timeline the patch times are kind of set in stone - Nilbog mentioned wanting to fix this issue ahead of schedule.

If they are following the live patch schedule for major changes, then what's the point of Green/Teal to begin with.

That's fine so when were mage pets fixed in classic timeline.

Man0warr
12-11-2019, 12:20 PM
That's fine so when were mage pets fixed in classic timeline.

I believe it was fixed in the May 24, 1999 patch, a couple days after they learned of the issue:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes#May_24.2C_1999

That is ~70 days after launch, so these changes should be on Green/Teal before January 3, 2020.

To be fair, this was an emergency fix after they learned of the issue (it took people a lot longer to hit 39 on Classic Liv), which is why Nilbog wanted to fix it here in the same capacity. But Rogean is the final arbiter in patches going live...

derpcake2
12-11-2019, 12:50 PM
I believe it was fixed in the May 24, 1999 patch, a couple days after they learned of the issue:

That is ~70 days after launch, so these changes should be on Green/Teal before January 3, 2020.

To be fair, this was an emergency fix after they learned of the issue (it took people a lot longer to hit 39 on Classic Liv), which is why Nilbog wanted to fix it here in the same capacity. But Rogean is the final arbiter in patches going live...

Pretty sure staff learned from this incident and won't take selective feedback that ignores the consequences of the "fixes" being requested.

That being said this is really regrettable for the people that rolled mages and went hard in the paint.

This experience isn't classic, classic didn't have level 50 mages using a lvl 34 pet, because less then 0.5% of the mages made it to 50 before the fix came at 70 days after launch.

shuklak
12-11-2019, 01:20 PM
Apparently classic didn't have a slew of absolute neckbeards chewing through the game so fast for this to even be an issue for 70 days either.

Uuruk
12-11-2019, 01:42 PM
Apparently classic didn't have a slew of absolute neckbeards chewing through the game so fast for this to even be an issue for 70 days either.
or unclassic zems and 20 years of game knowledge....

derpcake2
12-11-2019, 02:08 PM

Unsure if trolling or stupid.

Guessing some from column A and some from column B.

derpcake2
12-11-2019, 02:09 PM
I mean you know its a millennial you are dealing with, when they can't imagine a world without a wiki to answer their questions.

Jimjam
12-11-2019, 02:53 PM

So the lack of a fix is a great way to put dampeners on people levelling unclassically fast? Self solving problem

Man0warr
12-11-2019, 02:58 PM
So the lack of a fix is a great way to put dampeners on people levelling unclassically fast? Self solving problem

It doesn't really prevent mages from leveling to 50 on the same mobs they would be soloing to do so anyways. Maybe slightly slower but your mostly limited to respawn timers and the competition at the camps level 40+ can solo at anyways.

Pseudechis
12-11-2019, 04:03 PM
It doesn't really prevent mages from leveling to 50 on the same mobs they would be soloing to do so anyways. Maybe slightly slower but your mostly limited to respawn timers and the competition at the camps level 40+ can solo at anyways.

Does limit soloing ability on end game zones though. That said it's a team sport..

silo32
12-12-2019, 04:40 AM
you mages need to suffer for playing a broken ass class in classic

you thought u could just come here and chain pet your way to 50? I don't think so pal

Phaezed-Reality
12-12-2019, 07:15 AM
tbh imo mages are completely fine with no pets. The only concern right now is already lvl 50 mages who would normally be farming mid tier items, are not able to farm mid tier items to sell in order to get the higher tier items.

I am not lvl 50, so right now dont currently care. But im coming up on it. And it sucks that i might have to borrow someone elses character to camp my items. That is the unclassic part. Mages where specifically farm classes. Right now they are wizards. with no CC. lol.

anyways, I'm not really worried about it, the staff knows whats up, the fix will come when it comes. And i think anyone really concerned about having no pets right now needs to re evaluate their participation on this server. Because you don't need them to level, im proof of that. im about to hit 45. solo (for the most part, i did grp sub 34 a bit in guk until i learned about the antonican pox)

WaffleztheAndal
12-12-2019, 07:24 AM
Literally the whole point of a mage is the pet lol. Yes we can get by with the 34, but it’s still a lacklustre, boring and pretty pointless class without higher level pets.

And the experience and ability of a handful of people shouldn’t be taken to mean something is feasible for everyone.

Anyways this topic has been beaten absolutely fucking to do death. The interim patch obviously isn’t coming, the classic timeline patch is a few weeks away. Won’t be an issue after earlier January.

Fammaden
12-12-2019, 08:00 AM
Its not even a patch right? I thought the majority of timeline stuff was a simple serverside flag by Nilbog that wouldn't require anything extra.

We do need this promised patch that's supposed to help dynamic lighting issues and hopefully will address pathing again.

senna
12-12-2019, 06:56 PM
tbh imo mages are completely fine with no pets.

Someone drug test this fucking guy

Uuruk
12-12-2019, 07:16 PM
Someone drug test this fucking guy

He has autism

entruil
12-14-2019, 05:44 PM
"On your feet, maget!"