PDA

View Full Version : Level 40

Tecmos Deception
11-26-2019, 10:01 PM
Damn. I was going strong until I hit 40 (at least I kinda thought more than 1 level per day for over a month on a solo, untwinked shaman on a crowded server was strong). But it's been 2 days now and I've only gotten like 30% in. Phew.

I almost regretted not playing yet another enchanter today, since I likely would have been 50 already soloing one of those for this long (besides not having any interest in a guise or manastone).

How are the hell levels treating you who have reached them so far? I seem to remember 45 feeling worse for me in the past than 40 did, unfortunately. I think I can slowly power through 40, but I'm pretty sure that my exp grind to 50 will halt at 45 and I'll end up breaking up the grind with the guise camp and going after wisdom items I can solo before I get the energy back to finish pushing to 50; that 95 max starting wisdom on a troll is pretty brutal :(

Wallicker
11-26-2019, 10:28 PM
You could probably do hag tower or 4th floor guards in highkeep til 41/42, could also try charming a high lvl alligator in CT and go to town with it. Perhaps Oggok guards? Lotta these suggestions are heavily camped if I think of something else I’ll PM yah

Wallicker
11-26-2019, 10:36 PM
Maybe solo window room in SolB? I think after you kill a shaman you can charm its pet too once you get a camp broken? Hell my bard is 39 hit me up on Occisa and I’ll duo wit ya

LiQuid
11-26-2019, 10:45 PM
I was 50 shm weeks ago try not soloing

gkmarino
11-26-2019, 10:47 PM
I was 50 shm weeks ago try not soloingHe means get monk friends who can split tough pulls and avoid dying while breaking into exp camps! :D

LiQuid
11-26-2019, 10:56 PM
He means get monk friends who can split tough pulls and avoid dying while breaking into exp camps! :D

Rangers work too situationally

this user was banned
11-26-2019, 10:59 PM
Congrats on 40, you are halfway to 50!

https://wiki.project1999.com/Experience_table

ZiggyTheMuss
11-26-2019, 11:00 PM
Rangers work too situationally

Yeah ranger feign death is super successful and particularly convincing even to other players, right down to the added detail of how they have to run back to their corpse naked just like a real death.

Tecmos Deception
11-26-2019, 11:06 PM
You could probably do hag tower or 4th floor guards in highkeep til 41/42, could also try charming a high lvl alligator in CT and go to town with it. Perhaps Oggok guards? Lotta these suggestions are heavily camped if I think of something else I’ll PM yah

I've done all those and enjoyed them, but yeah, stuff being busy pushes me to the quiet spots even if they aren't primo exp locations.

I was 50 shm weeks ago try not soloing

Hi! You must be new here, or you'd know how I feel about not soloing. Congrats on 50.

Congrats on 40, you are halfway to 50!

https://wiki.project1999.com/Experience_table

Yeah yeah. But raw exp numbers aren't quite the same as effective leveling time.

vossiewulf
11-26-2019, 11:48 PM
No chance of parking him until Kunark comes along? We all know EQ v1.0 wasn't exactly drowning in high level content. I will probably park mine in the 30s and move on to another character until there are more interesting things to do.

LiQuid
11-26-2019, 11:54 PM
Hi! You must be new here, or you'd know how I feel about not soloing. Congrats on 50.

Ha, well I know how you feel about being level 40 at least

Wallicker
11-27-2019, 07:37 AM
Oh man I completely forgot about kedge entrance duh! Split is a pain in the ass but you can charm there and get crazy xp as shaman + high value loots and you’re right at ZL good 40-50 and a pro lvl camp so won’t be tons of people there

Tecmos Deception
11-27-2019, 08:37 AM
Oh man I completely forgot about kedge entrance duh! Split is a pain in the ass but you can charm there and get crazy xp as shaman + high value loots and you’re right at ZL good 40-50 and a pro lvl camp so won’t be tons of people there

Is this a thing on green? The level 34 charm listed on the wiki is SHM (255) on green, and the level 29 charm isn't powerful enough for the stuff in kedge as far as I can tell looking at the wiki.

Wallicker
11-27-2019, 08:46 AM
Now I do not know if the lvl 34 animal charm for shamans is in but I’d imagine you could buy it from the Druid vendor?? A Druid/Shm will need to chime in.

Tecmos Deception
11-27-2019, 08:48 AM
Now I do not know if the lvl 34 animal charm for shamans is in but I’d imagine you could buy it from the Druid vendor?? A Druid/Shm will need to chime in.

It's on Analya in WK with the shaman pet summons, but like I said, is SHM (255) on green suggesting that shamans can't learn it.

Wallicker
11-27-2019, 08:49 AM
Buy it and try to scribe it!

zaneosak
11-27-2019, 09:00 AM
Damn. I was going strong until I hit 40 (at least I kinda thought more than 1 level per day for over a month on a solo, untwinked shaman on a crowded server was strong). But it's been 2 days now and I've only gotten like 30% in. Phew.

I almost regretted not playing yet another enchanter today, since I likely would have been 50 already soloing one of those for this long (besides not having any interest in a guise or manastone).

How are the hell levels treating you who have reached them so far? I seem to remember 45 feeling worse for me in the past than 40 did, unfortunately. I think I can slowly power through 40, but I'm pretty sure that my exp grind to 50 will halt at 45 and I'll end up breaking up the grind with the guise camp and going after wisdom items I can solo before I get the energy back to finish pushing to 50; that 95 max starting wisdom on a troll is pretty brutal :(

I hit a wall around 33 to 35. I'm at 36 now but it slowed way down and not because of the 35 hell level.... Just very hard to find a place to play in. I primarily duo with my buddy and we've literally ported all over looking for weird places to play. We ended up getting specs last night which was at least good money and decent xp. Some people are camping great xp spots for literally 12 hrs straight. I admire the ability to grind that hard, but would love some of those camps for the few hours I get to play after work. Hoping by the time I get to 40 more spots will open up but what I'm reading it doesn't look good. Kunark made it so easy during these levels.

Tecmos Deception
11-27-2019, 09:05 AM
I hit a wall around 33 to 35. I'm at 36 now but it slowed way down and not because of the 35 hell level.... Just very hard to find a place to play in. I primarily duo with my buddy and we've literally ported all over looking for weird places to play. We ended up getting specs last night which was at least good money and decent xp. Some people are camping great xp spots for literally 12 hrs straight. I admire the ability to grind that hard, but would love some of those camps for the few hours I get to play after work. Hoping by the time I get to 40 more spots will open up but what I'm reading it doesn't look good. Kunark made it so easy during these levels.

What classes and races? There are a lot of level 30 and 35 guards in cities all around the world just begging to be farmed for fine steel and exp! Guard killing spots, other than rivervale and highkeep and maybe oggok/freeport, are usually a lot quieter than monster killing spots, and while they don't usually support a group they are good for solos and duos.

Tecmos Deception
11-27-2019, 09:09 AM
Buy it and try to scribe it!

[Wed Nov 27 08:09:06 2019] Analya tells you, 'That'll be 12 platinum 8 gold 2 silver 9 copper for the Spell: Charm Animals.'
[Wed Nov 27 08:09:08 2019] You give 12 platinum 8 gold 2 silver 9 copper to Analya.
[Wed Nov 27 08:09:12 2019] Your class can never use the Spell: Charm Animals.

Plaxiglass
11-27-2019, 09:27 AM
I remember duoing a lot with my shaman from 40-50 with monks in lguk. It was stupidly fast. But then again I don’t know how well monks are now in classic.

Erati
11-27-2019, 11:22 AM
40 has been brutal for magician - feels like a true wall, oh wait I have no 39 pets.

makes sense

Roth
11-27-2019, 11:29 AM
Do guards in rivervale. I'm here on teal and it has a 100 zem, 10p spears and 1p shields every kill, and it's relatively safe and easy to single pull guards. There is a safe spot on the little hill near misty vale. Some guards are level 38 and some are green and give no exp which is the primary drawback - but you can use your pet to mow down the green guards and collect good loot. I've been paying lowbies to vender for me about 30p and end up with a few hundred plat after just a short time killing guards.

I recommend trying this out for anyone looking for an actual good exp/money spot at 40 and doesn't need rivervale faction (and not on teal, ty).

Lordgordon
11-27-2019, 11:41 AM
Making recommendations for quality spots seems counter productive if you intend on camping them.

However I have heard that spectres and hill giants are amazing exp and 50p per kill. Also oggok guards drop fs and they are also good exp

bubur
11-27-2019, 11:41 AM
i just imagine its 2 levels and try to make my brain to release some endorphins at the halfway point

at 50% of lv 40 and 45, break out the wine and celebrate!... then keep grinding

Tecmos Deception
11-27-2019, 11:48 AM
i just imagine its 2 levels and try to make my brain to release some endorphins at the halfway point

at 50% of lv 40 and 45, break out the wine and celebrate!... then keep grinding

Lol :)

Polycaster
11-27-2019, 12:28 PM
Bah, stop complaining and be thankful you didn't pick magician! Poor bastards, I know a 48 mage. No root or dots or heals, and their pet is about the same as yours! Be thankful for what you have and stop slacking! POWER THROUGH THE PAIN!

zaneosak
11-27-2019, 02:02 PM
What classes and races? There are a lot of level 30 and 35 guards in cities all around the world just begging to be farmed for fine steel and exp! Guard killing spots, other than rivervale and highkeep and maybe oggok/freeport, are usually a lot quieter than monster killing spots, and while they don't usually support a group they are good for solos and duos.

Bard/Druid. He doesnt want to tank Freeport but Oggok is where my head was at. We did them for a little bit, was good, but getting the camp is very difficult. The past 72 hours about 60 of them have had the same two people or one or the other in there. It's just hard to get camps, it's the main issue. Freeport East guards will be where I try to do some soloing ..... and Grobb will be viable in a few more levels.

zaneosak
11-27-2019, 02:04 PM
Making recommendations for quality spots seems counter productive if you intend on camping them.

However I have heard that spectres and hill giants are amazing exp and 50p per kill. Also oggok guards drop fs and they are also good exp

Spectres can be up to 12p a kill but by no means every time. still decent though. HG can be up to 50pp a kill but as low as 2pp, so it's not 100% but any time you can kill blue mobs that are higher level and near your level its better, even better if they are yellow or red :P