PDA

View Full Version : Pathing Swimming Mobs

Faxi
11-22-2019, 06:14 PM
Is there nothing that can be done about mobs in water? cant cast on them, cant melee them. Just wondering

Man0warr
11-23-2019, 02:44 PM
Get in the water with them, make sure they are full under water and you are too. Or pull them out of water.

Yoite
11-25-2019, 01:10 PM
The issue seems to be with mobs that flee and then enter the water. They are doing some weird thing where they hop on top of the water instead of actually swimming in it?

If you get in the water with them, you cannot cast on them. Which is not correct. You should be able to cast on them if you are both in the water.

Now if you stay on land you can sometimes still cast on them. Which is not correct. Which makes me think they are hoping on top of the water and not really in it.

Also trying to swim after them and melee them when they are doing this is next to impossible. It is very similar when a mob tries to flee and goes up a tree or jumps off a left/ramp and now they are like floating/hoping in the air and you cant reach them most of the time.

I know i can re-create both of these scenarios in oasis with crocs fleeing into the water and also in lake rathe with the 3 aviaks on that ramp if you need some screen shots or want to go to those locations and try it yourself.

If you drag a mob into the water when its not fleeing or if you fight one already under water this does not seem to be an issue as the mob is correctly consider swimming and not doing the bunny hop on top of the water.

Benanov
11-25-2019, 03:29 PM
Is there nothing that can be done about mobs in water? cant cast on them, cant melee them. Just wondering

Sit and wait until they come back out.