PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Targetting keys while casting; pet commands while casting

Tecmos Deception
11-20-2019, 02:49 PM
F1, F2, F8 (or tab, if you switched it like I did), etc., were changed a while ago to no longer be usable while in the middle of a spellcast.

Was it intended that some other targeting keys still work though? Specifically the "switch between myself and target" and "switch between previous two targets" keys?

Also, while "socials" created for controlling a pet don't work during casting if you have them on the hotbar and press a number or try to click them, you CAN activate pet commands while casting by clicking on the button in the socials tab or by typing out the pet command. Is this all intended too?

Sorry if I missed discussion or patch explanations on this. I tried to look around but wasn't finding anything.

Obrae
11-20-2019, 05:55 PM
in the same vein, i do not remember being able to sit and med while i cast a spell and just stand at the last second. like CH. Maybe i just didnt knew it work back then. It works with ht esit/stand button that is on the original window with camp, invite, follow.

Dosent work if you put the button elsewhere.

Tecmos Deception
11-20-2019, 06:38 PM
I can't comment on that. I don't even remember tsrgetting buttons or no during casts. It just struck me as odd that some targetting keys and methods of controlling your pet are still working while others aren't.

It seemed odd enough to warrant a straight-to-bugs post instead of a topic in general chat.

Ligma
11-21-2019, 03:07 AM
Socials working while casting and not hot bar keys is classic. Sitting while casting is classic.

Tecmos Deception
11-21-2019, 07:54 AM
Socials working while casting and not hot bar keys is classic. Sitting while casting is classic.

Did the 2 swapping target binds even exist in the trilogy client?

Tecmos Deception
11-21-2019, 08:34 AM
Only places I could think to look for info on them was the original manual (no mention of targetting keys at all that I saw), in the patch notes on the wiki (no mention), and on a google search which did return a 2001 result from the safehouse talking about the swap between last 2 targets being useful to drag multiple corpes but didn't see anything earlier, albeit in a short, short search.

Anyone have anything on this? Even just a memory?