PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Skill Specialization raises above 50 on it's own

playerone
11-16-2019, 11:20 AM
I believe you had to put a point in it manually in order for any skill specialization to raise above 50.

its*

soronil
11-16-2019, 02:42 PM
Do you have any in era evidence? It not please do not create posts based on what you "remember" from 20 years ago!

playerone
11-17-2019, 07:28 AM
Just google? https://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-7182.html

randal.flagg
11-17-2019, 08:21 PM
That link is a perfect description of how it worked. You had to train a point into each before it would level up.

playerone
11-18-2019, 04:21 AM
Root breaking from damage
this.

Off topic,
I made a Wizard just because I expected this behavior.

I clearly remember it because when they changed to break on damage, it created the druid root bug. Where the druid root would have a chance to break itself. It was in the game a at least until 'The Temple of Solusek Ro'

The only evidence I can find, that it was ever this way, must be inferred from:
PVP Changes:
- In order to make PVP combat between spellcasters and melee types more
viable some changes to PVP spell effects have been made. All damage
spells cast in PVP combat will do less damage to the PC than the same
spell would do to an NPC. When a PC is under the effect of a root-type
spell there is a 20% chance that they will break free when a direct
damage spell is cast upon them.

playerone
11-18-2019, 04:28 AM
Nope works as I remember. Started without training a point and first above 50 is the true spec. No other action needed. These skills were special in that regard.
It was not, because they wanted you to choose carefully. Not just have it automatically pick for you. I recall having to put the 51st point in all my characters.

DMN
11-19-2019, 07:54 PM
You did have to train in specialization for 1 point for at least some period of "classic", but nothing about this having to invest a point at 50. You also gained as much skill as the level you put the point into it, so if you trained 1 point in divination at 20, you got 20 skill.

ccs88
12-12-2019, 07:41 PM
Bump -- we're supposed to be allowed to choose which school to roll with... I just automatically hit 51 in evocation and now I'm stuck with it? Can't ever be a healer now?

Edit -- just remembered this quest

Respecialization (http://wiki.project1999.com/Respecialization)