PDA

View Full Version : How Much can you Thumb Your nose at the GM's?

jelatin
02-24-2010, 12:07 AM
How much can people taunt the GM's with 2boxing before getting banned?

http://nickbrowndesign.com/c&j/files/EQ000045.jpg

Ektar
02-24-2010, 12:45 AM
rant and/or flame, as this has no concrete proof imo, imo.

Uaellaen
02-24-2010, 01:03 AM
LOOOLLLL

oh right its 2 people with similar names .. are they brothers? NO! its osama bin laden and STALIN plotting the next terrorist attack on the white house with in game SIGN language ...

a) Yes this is my cleric (used to be my alt, but no clerics in guild)
b) Yes this is my mage (used to be my main, but yeah cleric is now)
c) i was playing with my brother, yes i made my mage on HIS account so we can efficiently PL the guild ... OH NOEEEEEES
d) go get a life
e) ...
f) FAME and RICHES!
g) bai bai noob

EDIT: and OHHH i almost forgot ... next time, PETITION as i suggested it to you, then GMs can take care of the matter, and tell you to GTFO our backs

Yam
02-24-2010, 01:09 AM
:eek:

Cantaa
02-24-2010, 01:28 AM
BAH I Confirm that its him and his Brother,so dont bother the forum with ur stoopid threads if u dont know what ya do =P

richirvin90
02-24-2010, 01:36 AM
My GF plays and her last name is Rush, that's my characters last name as well. Since both of our last names are the same, I guess that means were boxing. Oh crap, hope a GM doesn't see this. *sneaks away*

Kuldiin
02-24-2010, 01:37 AM
It's his brother, which anyone whos ever grouped with him can tell you.

Maybe when you get out of befallen and stop QQing because hes taking all yer moobs you'll see this too.

Uaellaen
02-24-2010, 01:41 AM
no im telling you, its osama and stalin!

Sponge
02-24-2010, 02:24 AM
We'll never know for sure, his word against yours. I guess possibly the GM(s) could check and see if both characters were simoutaneously moving around and performing tasks that would be impossible for one person to do. However, there are ambidexterous people out there, and people that can write scripts to automate said tasks.

One question though, what if you're simese twins with your brother and share the same body, but have 2 heads. So if you both want to play you basically have to 2-box on one PC. You'd totally get banned.

Uaellaen
02-24-2010, 02:38 AM
One question though, what if you're simese twins with your brother and share the same body, but have 2 heads. So if you both want to play you basically have to 2-box on one PC. You'd totally get banned.

OMG thats the best reply so far =D

Aaron
02-24-2010, 03:26 AM
Uuaellaen is a cool dude. Stop with the nonsense.

I can't vouch for that Uaellaen guy though. :p

We should have a graveyard of some sort for dumb threads to go.

Pheer
02-24-2010, 03:39 AM
awful defensive posts in this thread

I personally have seen quite a few of the "its me and my brother/sister/mom/cousin/friend even though we always play at the exact same times and are never apart" types, but theres really no way to prove theyre two boxing. Matahari is one of the most obvious boxers ive ever seen in my life (ive played PEQ since it began) and he remains to this day without a ban because its just impossible to prove, plus the gms have better things to do with their time than follow a guy and his box around to even try to prove it.

Basically to get banned for it you have to confess and ask for a ban, with a photo of yourself at the comp playing both characters alone and today's newspaper. What there really needs to be is a more complex system for getting an ip exemption, including proof of both players being a real person through either a picture or a conversation on a ventrilo or over the phone or something. Its just too easy to petition "lol guys me and my cat wanna play eq together, exemption plz"

Uaellaen
02-24-2010, 03:40 AM
rofl ... i dont always play with my brother, thats why im 50 and he is 44 ;)

drplump
02-24-2010, 04:02 AM
Post pic of both of you IRL with chars open at char select flicking off camera holding up note that says "jelatin more like gayatin".

Roshi
02-24-2010, 04:42 AM
Well think about it in this sense.

If you were a two-boxer, and someone accused you of two-boxing, with a screenshot to back up their accusation, what would said two-boxer say to deny his accusation of two-boxing?

Sponge
02-24-2010, 05:23 AM
A good two boxer would have a detailed backstory prepared and photo evidence.

quenyar
02-24-2010, 05:40 AM
http://hookup.dk/comical_ali.jpg

siinge
02-24-2010, 08:24 AM
awful defensive posts in this thread

I personally have seen quite a few of the "its me and my brother/sister/mom/cousin/friend even though we always play at the exact same times and are never apart" types, but theres really no way to prove theyre two boxing. Matahari is one of the most obvious boxers ive ever seen in my life (ive played PEQ since it began) and he remains to this day without a ban because its just impossible to prove, plus the gms have better things to do with their time than follow a guy and his box around to even try to prove it.

Basically to get banned for it you have to confess and ask for a ban, with a photo of yourself at the comp playing both characters alone and today's newspaper. What there really needs to be is a more complex system for getting an ip exemption, including proof of both players being a real person through either a picture or a conversation on a ventrilo or over the phone or something. Its just too easy to petition "lol guys me and my cat wanna play eq together, exemption plz"

^^ this

seen the same, its hard to prove anything on this server, petitions dont work. Ive had the same petition in que for over 2 months. If i screenshot my "proof" its really easily debatable and to get a gm online is like winning the lotto. Most of the time they get away with hit. Im about to rage on this server.

Uaellaen
02-24-2010, 08:54 AM
i have to say its gotten better, way more GMs online recently ... also if you didnt read, all petitions older then .. feb 12th? or something were deleted ..

Dac321
02-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Two boxing is the devil, even Quenyar Ali agrees. Enough said.

vageta31
02-24-2010, 10:34 AM
I don't see how a static screenshot could in anyway incriminate someone as 2 boxing. You'd need actual video footage, and even then what does it prove? There are plenty of AFK'rs out there that sit still for periods of time so even video doesn't mean jack. I see people power leveling other people in out of the way dungeons but I've never accused them of 2 boxing nor would I waste my time. What the hell do I even care?

2 boxing to hold down loot camps is what most people are complaining of that ruins the server. If I see someone power leveling an alt, even if I suspect them to be 2 boxing I don't see the need to bother.

I can't stand this tattle-tell bullshit mentality that resides on this server. Aren't there bigger issues to tackle than this? I thought most of us were adults now...

nilbog
02-24-2010, 10:42 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XgZVVzrYN_w/RdCpHEcByQI/AAAAAAAAAII/SAtqaGhkR4I/s320/mob_pitchforks_small.jpg

Trimm
02-24-2010, 10:53 AM
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail027.jpg

What makes you think she's a witch?
Well, she turned me into a newt!
A newt?
... I got better.
Burn her anyway!

Excision Rottun
02-24-2010, 11:44 AM
http://hookup.dk/comical_ali.jpg

Solid Gold.

Uaellaen
02-24-2010, 01:19 PM
i PL various people constantly :p mostly im sitting, medding, healing ... maybe i should nuke more or pull .. oh wait im a cleric ... i heal?

vageta31
02-24-2010, 01:22 PM
And just because someone has an "AFK" tag doesn't mean they really are. Most buffers/rezzers use AFK to be able to do something in peace so they don't have to constantly answer tells asking for said abilities.

Uaellaen
02-24-2010, 01:26 PM
he should have screenshoted with his text box :p it actualy sayd "A.F.K. watching TV" or something ...

Hasbinbad
02-24-2010, 01:30 PM
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail027.jpg

What makes you think she's a witch?
Well, she turned me into a newt!
A newt?
... I got better.
Burn her anyway!
Who are YOU, who are so WISE in the ways of SCIENCE?
http://www.inmyhumbleetc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/monty-python-holy-grail-05.jpg

Zordana
02-24-2010, 02:25 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XgZVVzrYN_w/RdCpHEcByQI/AAAAAAAAAII/SAtqaGhkR4I/s320/mob_pitchforks_small.jpg

i actually didnt want to respond to this thread since its the usual whining like in ooc ALL day (thats why i turned it off) but THIS picture just made me laugh :D

uuaellaen is my brother and we play together often, not always... period.
if you have a problem with that, i dont care at all \o/

Kuldiin
02-24-2010, 02:37 PM
What there really needs to be is a more complex system for getting an ip exemption, including proof of both players being a real person through either a picture or a conversation on a ventrilo or over the phone or something.

Lol?

Why should they have to do that? I think the volunteers who run this server do more than enough already.

jelatin
02-24-2010, 05:05 PM
BAH I Confirm that its him and his Brother,so dont bother the forum with ur stoopid threads if u dont know what ya do =P

It's his brother, which anyone whos ever grouped with him can tell you.

While I don't doubt that in groups there may very well be a second person there, the problem is that what I was watching was not two people playing in tandem. The cleric would go pull, cast some heals to establish aggro, then stop moving completely. Then about 10 seconds later the mage would start turning toward the mobs and send his pet in. Likewise if the pet or mage needed a heal, all action from that character would stop, then resume after the heal was completed.

I don't see how a static screenshot could in anyway incriminate someone as 2 boxing. You'd need actual video footage, and even then what does it prove?

You're absolutely right, video would help in 'proving' that this was a case of 2-boxing, but even then doesn't prove beyond doubt. There are countless of excuses of "oh well he has IBS and goes to the bathroom everytime I touch my keyboard." However, the point here isn't to 'prove' anything in an attempt to get this person banned (in which case the thread would have been named "Hi GMs, Please Ban This Person"), but rather show one of the more ridiculous examples of how brazen the two-boxers have become on this server.

I'm less concerned with this isolated incident/player and more concerned for the problems that arise when an increasing number of players are able to completely (and easily) disregard the rules.

EDIT: and OHHH i almost forgot ... next time, PETITION as i suggested it to you, then GMs can take care of the matter, and tell you to GTFO our backs

I have no idea when you suggested me to petition you, considering we have never talked to each other. Regardless of that, as I mentioned above, the point here wasn't an attempt to get you banned, but rather to point out the audacity of 2-boxers on this server.

anthony210
02-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Perhaps these two arent 2 boxers, but we definatly have a bunch of people that do 2 box.

There is no way to prove someone is 2 boxing. Its extremely easy to get an IP exemption, all you have to do is ask for it and you will get it.

I suggest we just get rid of the 2 boxing rule then people wont have to bullshit when they are 2 boxing and we can just get it out there.

Zordana
02-24-2010, 05:44 PM
we are siamese twins - we are coadunate on the heads so we always kinda 2box if we play !! will make some photos soon !!

*wakes up uuaellaen's head* STOP SNORRING DAMNIT, IM STILL PLAYING!

Zordana
02-24-2010, 06:44 PM
BTW: next time screenshot us when we powerlevel _my_ twink, i also want to be in the hall of flame :)

Morfnblorsh
02-24-2010, 06:51 PM
Hall of Retards not enough fame for ya?

Zordana
02-24-2010, 06:53 PM
Hall of Retards not enough fame for ya?

didnt you read d) on uaellaens first reply?! moron

oh yes..

EVERYONE please visit http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1594

thank you!

Danth
02-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Jelatin is just angry because he was caught botting and AFK leveling. Guy also uses MQ and res-hacks. Betcha he's also a bed-wetter.

See, I can make baseless accusations from a position of anonymous safety, too (nothing personal, making an example). Even if most people don't believe it, a few may. That's how character assassination works, and is about what you're doing.

----------------------------------------

Pheer: How about you post your own phone number, so my wife and I can call you up and tell you that you're paranoid over a game and succumbing to a witch-hunt mentality (We really will, too). 'Guilty until proven innocent' strikes me as both cynical and selfish. Perhaps some reflection on your part is in order.

----------------------------------------

In short, some of you folks are silly. Nilbog's picture about sums it up.

Danth

Uaellaen
02-24-2010, 07:26 PM
While I don't doubt that in groups there may very well be a second person there, the problem is that what I was watching was not two people playing in tandem. The cleric would go pull, cast some heals to establish aggro, then stop moving completely. Then about 10 seconds later the mage would start turning toward the mobs and send his pet in.

i have log files stating differently .. while cleric was casting a heal, the mage moved, sent pet, and attacked at the same time ... and as i sayd .. i was AFK watching TV!!! so of course, i PULL .. and then i STAND there ... period ... why would i move when those things cant hurt me, and the pet can peel em off one by one, when all are dead, i run out again and do the same ... jealousy's a motherfucker no? sorry im not gonna PL you if thats your goal ..

In short, some of you folks are silly. Nilbog's picture about sums it up.

/agree

Pheer
02-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Pheer: How about you post your own phone number, so my wife and I can call you up and tell you that you're paranoid over a game and succumbing to a witch-hunt mentality (We really will, too). 'Guilty until proven innocent' strikes me as both cynical and selfish. Perhaps some reflection on your part is in order.h

When there is no way to prove someone guilty, innocent until proven guilty isn't exactly a great system now is it? If you're not allowed to do something but you can't be caught doing it, why would anyone follow the rules? In a case like this you need to make it harder for the rule itself to be broken rather than try to chase down the people who broke it. Its the only way to prevent it from happening. Of course it wouldn't stop everyone, but it would definitely discourage people that dont want to box badly enough to talk someone into posing as an EQ player for them.

Don't you think you might be overreacting a bit? How am I having a witch-hunt mentality by just thinking there should be some kind of filter on the IP exemptions so anybody who wants to two box cant just make a post and be free to do so? It was just a quick suggestion and for someone who I know for a fact has a legitimate IP exemption you're being awfully defensive of two boxers. Its against the rules regardless of how anyone here "feels" about it, and there needs to be some kind of system in place rather than just relying on the honor system.

Zordana
02-24-2010, 07:37 PM
stop beatin the dead horse
http://www.goenglish.com/GoEnglish_com_BeatADeadHorse.gif

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/sfields145/Beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

http://coreygilmore.com/uploads/2007/08/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Uaellaen
02-24-2010, 07:42 PM
I having a witch-hunt mentality

so true!!! /beats the dead horse

and HEY its MY very OWN flame post! dont make it die ... leave BRITNEY ALONE!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc)

jelatin
02-24-2010, 07:45 PM
See, I can make baseless accusations from a position of anonymous safety, too (nothing personal, making an example). Even if most people don't believe it, a few may. That's how character assassination works, and is about what you're doing.

Sorry, I'm a little confused, what anonymity are we talking about. The general overarching 'anonymity' offered by the internet? Or something else?

and HEY its MY very OWN flame post! dont make it die ... leave BRITNEY ALONE!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc)

This isn't a flame post. I'm not trying to get you to argue, I made a point with legitimate concerns about what happens when certain types of behavior go unchecked. I haven't been ranting in all caps, I haven't been posting loosely related pictures or links to memes to try and derail the topic.

Pheer
02-24-2010, 08:02 PM

You've yet to make a witty reply in this thread, please either discuss the topic in a rational manner, or if you absolutely must try the trolling/sarcasm route, come up with something funny or original.

imcrunchy
02-24-2010, 08:21 PM
i am requesting a screenshot of both players in the same room please

if you cant muster that up in this day and age theyre boxing!!! ban them!

Danth
02-24-2010, 08:22 PM
'How am I having a witch-hunt mentality by just thinking there should be some kind of filter on the IP exemptions'

You distrust everyone merely because some of them are bad apples. Perhaps that's not a witch hunt, but it's cynical as heck. I take offense to it because I'm lumped in with that crowd for no better reason than having a family.

I have a different perspective. You say you know I'm 'legit'. Well...you'd get a laugh out of how many times others have accused ME of boxing. Happens quite regularly! Usually--for no better reason than my wife's character having the same surname as my own. It's sad, really. With that reality in mind, my suspicion is that the majority of 'he's boxing!' claims amount to unfounded rubbish.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm the one straight arrow in a sea of cheating liars. I like to think otherwise. I think most folks are decent and prefer to give 'em the benefit of the doubt.

----------------------------------------------------

'what anonymity are we talking about. The general overarching 'anonymity' offered by the internet?'

Correct. Simply put, I don't think a reasonable person would be quite so free with unfounded accusations in person....'less it really IS a witch hunt. My own 'accusations' towards you were of course in jest, but how would you like it if they were serious, with you having little to no concrete way of 'proving' your innocence in the minds of the more cynical community members? Sure you can shrug it off, but you shouldn't have to.

Danth

Zordana
02-24-2010, 08:24 PM
i am requesting a screenshot of both players in the same room please

if you cant muster that up in this day and age theyre boxing!!! ban them!

http://nickbrowndesign.com/c&j/files/EQ000045.jpg

here is a screenshot of us, both in the same room!

imcrunchy
02-24-2010, 08:25 PM
i meant like real people like you two high fiving and playing together

Uaellaen
02-24-2010, 08:30 PM
we are real people, DUDE .. we can not screenshot RL =_=

Zordana
02-24-2010, 08:30 PM
i meant like real people like you two high fiving and playing together

we will make a foto if you write "LEAVE UAELLAEN ALONE" on your forehead crying me a river and post a foto of that ;)

imcrunchy
02-24-2010, 08:43 PM
the obsurd nature of your request is solid proof of your foul boxing nature

i requested a picture of you two who play in the same house (or so you say), that should not be so hard to come up with!

Uaellaen
02-24-2010, 08:45 PM
You've yet to make a witty reply in this thread, please either discuss the topic in a rational manner, or if you absolutely must try the trolling/sarcasm route, come up with something funny or original.

We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious. They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false!

http://web.me.com/kashileuchs/kashi/files/golum-2.jpg

my topic gollum, gollum!

jelatin
02-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Correct. Simply put, I don't think a reasonable person would be quite so free with unfounded accusations in person....'less it really IS a witch hunt. My own 'accusations' towards you were of course in jest, but how would you like it if they were serious, with you having little to no concrete way of 'proving' your innocence in the minds of the more cynical community members? Sure you can shrug it off, but you shouldn't have to.

Sorry, I disagree. I don't think this is a baseless accusation at all. I witnessed the act, I took a picture and posted it. I didn't just show up on the forums and just write "This person is a 2 boxer, ban them now", which seems like a real baseless accusation. I'm not sure if what you're really trying to say is "There is no way to gain enough proof due to the constraints of the game/internet, so don't even try", or maybe I'm missing the core of your argument.

If I witnessed someone doing something wrong in real life, and I had a picture, it would be a baseless argument to say something about it?

Say I take a picture of someone stealing then notify the community of the theft problem, and show my picture. Am I assassinating that person's character or were they really just doing something they probably weren't supposed to to begin with?

Zordana
02-24-2010, 08:51 PM
http://moestaverne.com/uploadarea/download.php?id=323
nothing to add!

Uaellaen
02-24-2010, 08:54 PM
guess who is who, and also ... guess who is holding the sheet of paper!

Zordana
02-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Sorry, I disagree. I don't think this is a baseless accusation at all. I witnessed the act, I took a picture and posted it. I didn't just show up on the forums and just write "This person is a 2 boxer, ban them now", which seems like a real baseless accusation. I'm not sure if what you're really trying to say is "There is no way to gain enough proof due to the constraints of the game/internet, so don't even try", or maybe I'm missing the core of your argument.

If I witnessed someone doing something wrong in real life, and I had a picture, it would be a baseless argument to say something about it?

Say I take a picture of someone stealing then notify the community of the theft problem, and show my picture. Am I assassinating that person's character or were they really just doing something they probably weren't supposed to to begin with?

imagine me walkin outa my house with a TV, make a foto and say "HES STEALING" .. thats THE proof!

Pheer
02-24-2010, 09:27 PM
'How am I having a witch-hunt mentality by just thinking there should be some kind of filter on the IP exemptions'

You distrust everyone merely because some of them are bad apples. Perhaps that's not a witch hunt, but it's cynical as heck. I take offense to it because I'm lumped in with that crowd for no better reason than having a family.

So because there happens to be a rule against it we should see the best in everyone and trust people to obey the rules? Hey, burglary is against the law Danth, why don't you go ahead and leave all your doors and windows unlocked every night. I'd rather be cynical than naive.

Quit calling this a fucking witch hunt, I'm not suggesting we bring all the people with IP exemptions in for interrogation and threaten to ban them or some shit, I'm just suggesting maybe the process for an exemption shouldn't be as easy as making a post.

I have a different perspective. You say you know I'm 'legit'. Well...you'd get a laugh out of how many times others have accused ME of boxing. Happens quite regularly! Usually--for no better reason than my wife's character having the same surname as my own. It's sad, really. With that reality in mind, my suspicion is that the majority of 'he's boxing!' claims amount to unfounded rubbish.

Funny, especially since I didn't accuse anyone except matahari, who 90% of the people I've talked to who have been grouped with him before agree that he is a very obvious two boxer. Thats not really the issue though since you're attacking me personally not for making an accusation but for simply suggesting that maybe there should be something in place to sort out the two boxers.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm the one straight arrow in a sea of cheating liars. I like to think otherwise. I think most folks are decent and prefer to give 'em the benefit of the doubt.

Imagine what a shit sandwich our country would be if our justice system gave everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Of course you cant ever truly "prove" beyond a shadow of a doubt that you aren't two boxing, but requiring something more than a paragraph about how you and your brother are on the same connection would definitely discourage the two boxers.

So your reasoning is "I shouldn't have to explain myself" when asking for an exemption from server rules. Say someone shoots a person then tells the people nearby theyre a cop. The people ask to see a badge and he says "I don't have to explain myself to you!"

Would you call the cops or take his word for it?

Uaellaen
02-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Imagine what a shit sandwich our country would be if our justice system gave everyone the benefit of the doubt.

obviously you do not know your laws ... in dubio pro reo (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_dubio_pro_reo) ..

Pheer
02-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Obviously you're taking everything posted literally, what he's suggesting in regards to two boxers would be like if every trial was decided by the defendant's plea. You could probably count the amount of convictions every year on one hand in that case.

Uaellaen
02-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Obviously you're taking everything posted literally

of course! because i can!

Pheer
02-24-2010, 09:42 PM
of course! because i can!

Oh well in that case, please continue!

I want to hear more of what a fat kraut version of harry potter has to say on the subject.

Uaellaen
02-24-2010, 09:50 PM
oh getting personal now mister hiroshima?

Zordana
02-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Oh well in that case, please continue!

I want to hear more of what a fat kraut version of harry potter has to say on the subject.

oh, now your upset cause we pwnd you with that picture and you need to feel better and you try to achieve that by insulting? i feel kinda sorry for you.. but most of all i feel sorry for this community for having idiots like you.

Uaellaen
02-24-2010, 09:57 PM
ok i managed 7 pages, im spent .. topic closed!

Zordana
02-24-2010, 10:00 PM
i wanna thank you for these words and wanna drink a toast to you *cheers*

STOP
http://archive.perfectduluthday.com/beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Pheer
02-24-2010, 10:01 PM
oh, now your upset cause we pwnd you with that picture and you need to feel better and you try to achieve that by insulting? i feel kinda sorry for you.. but most of all i feel sorry for this community for having idiots like you.

If you'd wipe the margarine and chicken grease off your glasses and read you'd see I never once accused you of two boxing, stop playing the victim. My posts in this thread have been related to the topic of the ip exemption system since the topic of two boxing was already brought up. In fact I never even once addressed you two faggots until your brother decided everyone posting in the thread was accusing him.

Aeolwind
02-24-2010, 10:08 PM
lol, locked and closed. The douchery has achieved epic levels.