PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: Tearon Bleanix KOS After Princess Lenya Hand-In

PabloEdvardo
11-08-2019, 11:26 PM
Tippani Truespirit 30 Innoruuk Human Cleric on Green

Apprehensive to HHK Guards.

Not sure what I was conned to Tearon, but it was not KOS, as I was able to hail him and start the quest:

[Fri Nov 08 20:52:51 2019] You say, 'I will become a hero'
[Fri Nov 08 20:52:51 2019] Tearon Bleanix says, 'Well let's get started on making you a hero. You must take the Elite Guard Bracer. Look for Princess Lenya. When you find her give her the bracer to prove you are with the Koada'dal. She should trust you then. Then return to me with Princess Lenya and return my bracer. Be safe my friend.'

Then able to hand in the next part to Princess Lenya:

[Fri Nov 08 21:11:09 2019] Princess Lenya says, 'So you are a member of the Silent Watch!! They are accepting anyone these days. I shall leave then. Here is your bracer back. Thank you for unlocking the door.'
[Fri Nov 08 21:11:09 2019] Your faction standing with KingTearisThex got better.
[Fri Nov 08 21:11:09 2019] Your faction standing with FaydarksChampions got better.
[Fri Nov 08 21:11:09 2019] Your faction standing with MayongMistmoore got worse.
[Fri Nov 08 21:11:09 2019] Your faction standing with RingofScale got worse.
[Fri Nov 08 21:11:09 2019] Your faction standing with KingAythoxThex got worse.

but upon returning to Tearon Bleanix, he is now Threateningly, and attacked me.

I tried handing in the bracer to see what would happen, and he ate it, while attacking me.

This feels wrong? Also now I have a KOS mob right at the entrance that I wasn't KOS to before, making my ability to safely go to HHK ruined.

Bazia
11-09-2019, 03:10 AM
gonna assume tearon is on kingaythoxthex faction?

PabloEdvardo
11-09-2019, 10:50 AM
gonna assume tearon is on kingaythoxthex faction?

That's what I'm wondering, which to me seems like a bug perhaps, since he's required for the next part of the quest, so why would he go KOS? All the faction ups seem to indicate the opposite, e.g. according to the wiki this is what he would give if i was able to hand in the next part:

Your faction standing with King Tearis Thex got better.
Your faction standing with Clerics of Tunare got better.
Your faction standing with Anti-mage got better.

He should be King Tearis Thex, no? and that faction went up in my previous hand-in

http://wiki.project1999.com/King_Aythox_Thex is also a Neriak faction which doesn't make sense for this guy, from what I can tell.

Telin
11-09-2019, 01:12 PM
I could not reproduce this. Nothing negatively impacts his faction by doing this quest.

PabloEdvardo
11-09-2019, 07:57 PM
How did I start the quest with him, then? T_T

He wasn't KOS when I interacted with him initially, and the only thing I did in-between him being non-KOS and KOS is by handing in the item to Lenya

Is this something I should petition for to get my specific character looked at?

Thanks in advance.

PabloEdvardo
11-09-2019, 08:16 PM
I'm wondering if there's a relation to this quest: http://wiki.project1999.com/Innoruuk_Recommendation

I did this quest twice, way back, and according to wiki, this is what it does:

Your faction standing with Priests of Innoruuk has been adjusted by 200. (Note: This quest gives well over 200 per turn in, went from scowling to amiable in two turn ins 3/13/19)
Your faction standing with King Naythox Thex has been adjusted by 30.
Your faction standing with Priests of Marr has been adjusted by -70.
Your faction standing with Clerics of Tunare has been adjusted by -50.
Your faction standing with Priests of Life has been adjusted by -30.
Your faction standing with Primordial Malice has been adjusted by -800.

According to this, I should have POSITIVE King Naythox Thex faction from that. However, Clerics of Tunare etc was lowered.

Is it possible my faction just barely slipped when this changed?

I still find it 100% impossible that I was able to hail the guy, say something, and receive a bracer while standing next to him while being threatening -- he was even con at lvl30, and the moment I walked up to him after doing the hand in to Lenya, he attacked.

Something is wrong! How can I start the Thex Dagger quest but be unable to finish it?

PabloEdvardo
11-11-2019, 04:34 AM
I have another update, I went and did the http://wiki.project1999.com/Muffin_for_Pandos quest

a ton of times, and I'm now warmly with Tearon. I suspect I became KOS from doing http://wiki.project1999.com/Innoruuk_Recommendation three times

However, I did Innoruuk Recommendation three times PRIOR to doing any part of Tearon.

I still believe there may be a bug around the faction change. It seems as though my faction wasn't reflecting correctly with Tearon until the Lenya hand-in.

Perhaps doing the Innoruuk Quest three times first could repro it?

If not, I've now resolved myself being KOS, so if you can't repro, feel free to close this.

Dolalin
11-11-2019, 05:40 AM
I think you just luckily avoided aggroing Tearon on your first turn-in. Did you con him beforehand?

That's the simplest explanation here.

Maybe the real bug is that Tearon will accept turn-ins from kos people.

PabloEdvardo
11-11-2019, 03:07 PM
I think you just luckily avoided aggroing Tearon on your first turn-in. Did you con him beforehand?

That's the simplest explanation here.

Maybe the real bug is that Tearon will accept turn-ins from kos people.

I wonder that too, but the behavior was absurd. I stood next to Tearon for a while, and hailed him, and was able to trigger with the quest text with no issues.

When I returned to him, and stood next to him in the same spot, he attacked _immediately_ and ate my item (when I tried to DA and hand-in for shits)

Trexid
11-11-2019, 03:33 PM
Pablo, were you KoS with Pandos?

I'm a Human SK Innoruuk, I recall being killed by a dwarf in Hogcallers once, probably Pandos.

Did you have to have someon Invis you?

PabloEdvardo
11-11-2019, 07:30 PM
Pablo, were you KoS with Pandos?

I'm a Human SK Innoruuk, I recall being killed by a dwarf in Hogcallers once, probably Pandos.

Did you have to have someon Invis you?

Nope, I was dubious or apprehensive to Pandos.

Trexid
11-11-2019, 07:51 PM
Thanks, I'll test it on a level 1 shadow knight to be sure.

Trexid
11-12-2019, 03:50 PM
Confirmed, Level 1 Human Shadow Knight of Innoruuk is KoS at birth, which is what I remember on my Shadow Knight. Good test! - I might need to bum an invis and hand in some muffins to raise it up to at least non-kos so I can continue to faction. Thanks!

Videri
11-12-2019, 04:43 PM
Hail, adventurer. I wouldn’t waste time factioning. Have you thought about making a level 1 Halfling rogue to run the Thex Dagger quest?