PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Mage pets research

john83
11-05-2019, 06:02 PM
Its just wont let u combine
Fire past 34
Earth past 29

dont know about others , but im pretty sure will be the same , with spells that used to be sold by vendors.

Obrae
11-05-2019, 06:16 PM
Its just wont let u combine
Fire past 34
Earth past 29

dont know about others , but im pretty sure will be the same , with spells that used to be sold by vendors.

Wiki says they added the research, a DEV imput would be pretty nice at this point since the materials arent dropping too much.

galach
11-05-2019, 06:49 PM
Llandris tested the combine for all researched pets and they all worked with the correct items.

Valion
11-05-2019, 07:57 PM
Llandris tested the combine for all researched pets and they all worked with the correct items.
I added all the missing combines to the wiki. Thank you for letting us know they are all working. If Llandris sees this Thank you for verifying them. :)

Obrae
11-05-2019, 08:09 PM

thx

Dolalin
11-06-2019, 02:47 AM
Good to know they're all working.

john83
11-06-2019, 04:41 AM
ok , ive tryed to research my 34 earth pet with , Words of duress , greater summoning earth (29 pet) and gloves of ralloz zek , didnt worked .
then i tested with flame of vox , scent of marr , jade shard , breath of solusek , pearl shard , ice of velious , neither is worked. really have no idea how to research higher pet, and cant find any info anywhere. any help ?

Dolalin
11-06-2019, 05:00 AM
ok , ive tryed to research my 34 earth pet with , Words of duress , greater summoning earth (29 pet) and gloves of ralloz zek , didnt worked .
then i tested with flame of vox , scent of marr , jade shard , breath of solusek , pearl shard , ice of velious , neither is worked. really have no idea how to research higher pet, and cant find any info anywhere. any help ?

Galach, did Llandris test with all 34 and 39 recipes on the wiki? Some were missing and were recently added.

This should work:

34 Minor Conjuration: Earth 122 (Research Only): Words of Duress | Greater Summoning: Earth | Glove of Rallos Zek

john83
11-06-2019, 05:24 AM
Galach, did Llandris test with all 34 and 39 recipes on the wiki? Some were missing and were recently added.

This should work:

well this one aint working for sure.

john83
11-06-2019, 05:26 AM
Lesser Conjuration: Fire 142 (Research Only) Words of Convocation Minor Conjuration: Fire Breath of Solusek

also this combination aint working

Pozzey
11-06-2019, 05:38 AM
Can we have some clarity here please? Pets are costing 500p and it's ruining the experience at present...

derpcake2
11-06-2019, 05:46 AM
Can we have some clarity here please? Pets are costing 500p and it's ruining the experience at present...

Clarity not classic.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Also its probably better to just accept that higher level pets aren't happening the first two months, and if you can't do that, just reroll into a class that does have functioning core mechanics.

brokenkiller
11-06-2019, 06:11 AM
That's very helpful Derp thank you lol.

john83
11-06-2019, 06:40 AM
at this point , enchanters got way stronger pets then mages with tons of utility.

soronil
11-06-2019, 09:25 AM
at this point , enchanters got way stronger pets then mages with tons of utility.

No, mages just have easier to obtain pets...

brokenkiller
11-06-2019, 09:48 AM
Since no one has the recipe for them they aren't stronger ;p

john83
11-06-2019, 09:53 AM
same with water , wont go past 29

Minor Conjuration: Water 122 (Research Only) | Words of Duress | Greater Summoning: Water | Flame of Vox

tryed to replace Flame of Vox with scent of marr , jade shard , breath of solusek , pearl shard , ice of velious , glove of rallos zek , wont work aswell

Jadian
11-06-2019, 12:01 PM
Everyone - Nerf mage pets, they're SOOOO OP OMGOMGOMG

Enchanters - Lol hold my beer

Good thing we broke mages though right guys?!

randal.flagg
11-06-2019, 12:28 PM
34 Minor Conjuration: Earth 122 (Research Only): Words of Duress | Greater Summoning: Earth | Glove of Rallos Zek

This doesn't work for me.

randal.flagg
11-06-2019, 02:34 PM
The Level 34 air pet is possible - either the wiki is wrong or Minor Conjuration is unable to be attempted.

Valion
11-06-2019, 04:31 PM
The Level 34 air pet is possible - either the wiki is wrong or Minor Conjuration is unable to be attempted.
The wiki is not wrong I did not change that recipe it was already there.
Minor Conjuration: Air : Words of Duress Greater Summoning: Air The Scent of Marr

I can only assume that Research is classically broken until the May 24th 1999 patch as some say sometime in January. Haters are dancing all over Norrath ie don't buy any words of research for over inflated prices period. Offer them Vendor prices.

randal.flagg
11-06-2019, 05:26 PM
Minor Conjuration: Air : Words of Duress Greater Summoning: Air The Scent of Marr

This combine is working. Earth lvl 34 is not. Apologies that was unclear.

I can only assume that Research is classically broken until the May 24th 1999

I sincerely hope not. Can we get a dev to chime in here? If this is intentional i'm shelving my mage immediately.

Pozzey
11-06-2019, 05:38 PM
So the conclussion is - AIR pets at ANY level work?

When can we expect vendor pets?

Erati
11-06-2019, 06:24 PM
This combine is working. Earth lvl 34 is not. Apologies that was unclear.

I sincerely hope not. Can we get a dev to chime in here? If this is intentional i'm shelving my mage immediately.

the actual lvl 34 Earth pet combine is not working?

Can you make a new bug report explaining please

randal.flagg
11-06-2019, 06:28 PM
Thats what this thread is about.

You put the recipe in and it says, "You cannot combine these items in this container type"

Obrae
11-06-2019, 07:02 PM
Again can we have a dev pitching in pls, Lyandris just lied yesterday ? This is strange and we have devs pitching almost immediatly on completly usless subject that have no impact on the game.

Also this is very disappointing from you guys.
There is a thread with over 25 000 views on this board with people attacking freely all the magicians who have been vocals from release.
Dont think we arent aknowledging the chance we have to play for free or for whatever we decide to donate.
But you guys, the staff, took the time to break a working class on a pseudo classic non-sense excuse. Classic experience includes the first 3 release of EQ, the timeline progression is one thing, bugs and broken mechanic another.

Now you have let this problem build up, let people try to discredit all mages when this pseudo classic research has been put in with no real test, from behind, after the beta.

And yesterday we are told the recipe works and they can't even be attempted.

This is all very disappointing. The silence entouring this whole debacle dosent make good impression.

Pozzey
11-06-2019, 07:49 PM
Minus the cough syrup crack head ramblings, Obrae has some valid points...

Does anyone know if the 39, 44 and 49 air pets work?

Obrae
11-06-2019, 07:55 PM
Minus the cough syrup crack head ramblings, Obrae has some valid points...

Does anyone know if the 39, 44 and 49 air pets work?

I guess it can be tested on the beta server or test server ? cause if you cant make a 34 pet you cannot attempt the other ones as the scrooll lvl34 is needed.

Not sure how tests server works.

Pozzey
11-06-2019, 07:59 PM
I thought someone said 34 air pet works?

Radio silence from staff isn't helping here... I know mages who are literally re-rolling...

john83
11-06-2019, 08:04 PM
34 fire pet works , but 39 not
i think its the same with air

Obrae
11-06-2019, 08:05 PM
I thought someone said 34 air pet works?

Radio silence from staff isn't helping here... I know mages who are literally re-rolling...

yeah so once someone makes 1 or 2 air pet level 34, then gets materials for 39 they can test it.

But it39 pet used to not be on the wiki so it's probably not working like the 2 34 they added, so chain will stop there

Pozzey
11-06-2019, 08:10 PM
Ok so it's a bug that Verant seemedly ACCIDENTALLY created during live launch... And P99 Devs have INTENTIONALLY repeated that bug on the arguement of full emersion?

Seems dumb.

Obrae
11-06-2019, 08:14 PM
Ok so it's a bug that Verant seemedly ACCIDENTALLY created during live launch... And P99 Devs have INTENTIONALLY repeated that bug on the arguement of full emersion?

Seems dumb.

Their explanation to an insider was that the class just didnt get finished and they had to launch.

but apostle of bug/broken mechanic preach it was an improvement to the class they made just... 2 month after the rushed release. Not at all a bug.

During that 2 month, people barely reach 30 and server were down most of the time.. it was 1999...

Pozzey
11-06-2019, 08:30 PM
So when in January can we expect this fix? Very annoying in the mean time.

john83
11-07-2019, 06:04 AM
Just checked Air pet also . so total is :
Water and Earth 29
Air and Fire 34
thats maximum pet level u can get atm.
Its like playing a 40+ cleric with minor healing only
or 40+ chanter that can charm only 25-30lvl mobs and dont have a pet at all.

Pozzey
11-07-2019, 06:24 AM

Or playing a ranger forever.

saftbudet
11-07-2019, 08:15 AM
Just checked Air pet also . so total is :
Water and Earth 29
Air and Fire 34
thats maximum pet level u can get atm.

Wow, so devs remove lvl 20+ npc bought pets alltogether, and then remove all possibility for mages to get any pets past lvl 34!?
Are you sure its that bad, it sounds absurd.

brokenkiller
11-07-2019, 08:33 AM
That's how it stands right now yes.

Llandris
11-07-2019, 08:42 AM
That's incorrect. I was able to create at least 1 pet from each circle past 29. There are certain pets that aren't craftable atm (devs are aware and looking into it, could be classic) but a lot of the recipes that the wiki listed were incorrect, and that's why players were getting combine errors.

randal.flagg
11-07-2019, 08:48 AM
That's incorrect. I was able to create at least 1 pet from each circle past 29.

How did you go about doing this? Because as it stands this is *clearly* not possible to create any pet past lvl 39.

EDIT: Each spell requires the previous tier to combine.
34 Earth/Water - CANNOT CRAFT
39 Fire/Air - CANNOT CRAFT

SO glad i took a week off of work and dedicated my time to leveling a flat out broken class, all so it can be "classic". /s

randal.flagg
11-07-2019, 09:22 AM
Next iteration of green just delete the mage class until the pets are in if this is "classic". I cannot explain to you how frustrating it is to have spent over 80 hours leveling into a dead-end.

The idea of this being "classic" is asinine. At what point do we prioritize a *sane* experience?

Llandris
11-07-2019, 09:22 AM
As I said, a dev is looking into it. They do have jobs, you know :)

Jeni
11-07-2019, 09:34 AM
But this poor guy took time off work and is currently crying on the forums... Isn't there anyone who can help this poor man!?

randal.flagg
11-07-2019, 09:34 AM

i knooooooooooooooow i'm just salty man. :D

randal.flagg
11-07-2019, 09:35 AM
But this poor guy took time off work and is currently crying on the forums... Isn't there anyone who can help this poor man!?

dude, right? man in distress here.

Jimjam
11-07-2019, 09:57 AM
During that 2 month, people barely reach 30 and server were down most of the time.. it was 1999... kinda agree, there are people pouring huge days into p99 absolutely destroying xp content in a way that transcends the classic.
Air and Fire 34 thats maximum pet level u can get atm.
Its like playing a 40+ cleric with superior healing only
I mean its not ideal, you're stuck with 0% rez instead of 50 and you have no cheal but in an otherwise balanced group you can probaly get by. Luckily there aren't a higr number of 40+ mobs in vanilla.

Obrae
11-07-2019, 09:58 AM

Lyandris its the same dead end that existed in classic if it helps. The fix was to fill the gaps with merchants pet.

It was known when the decision to break the clss back on here was made. Same thread.

Dolalin
11-07-2019, 12:49 PM
meanwhile it is known that pets aren't casting at the same interval as in classic

Mage pets didn't get spells until May 1999 and didn't get root until October. So...

RoguePhantom
11-07-2019, 02:55 PM
I understand some changes/balance issues that were added later, but these were PROBLEMS with the game on release. Just because it was broken then doesn't mean it should be broken now.

Jeni
11-07-2019, 03:28 PM
It’s pretty simple it was done to force people to group and play like it’s 1999. You think 4 mob aoe is legit classic also? You sweet summer child.

saftbudet
11-07-2019, 03:36 PM
Devs that give us do their very best and I am thankful for it all!
With that said. Its pretty bad days before classic release to remove pet bought spells from vendor and not verifying people can research the pets.

Feels abit rushed and not thought into. Again I am still grateful for this project. Just asking for abit more thoughtfulness. And perhaps not always listen to a few very vocal nerf advocates.

Llandris
11-07-2019, 03:54 PM
I am looking into the exact recipes required to craft the 'missing' pet levels, to make ensure both the research components and trivials are correct.

However, I am having trouble finding specifics on the following combines:

Minor Conjuration: Earth 34
Minor Conjuration: Water 34
Lesser Conjuration: Air 39
Lesser Conjuration: Fire 39
Greater Conjuration: Earth 49

These are some tabs I have open:

http://www.watson.org/~wander/eq/spells.html (http://www.watson.org/~wander/eq/spells.html)
http://www.eqtraders.com/recipes/recipe_page.php?article=121&rsa=Spell%20Research&sb=item&sub=Magician&menustr=080105000000
http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~guardian/res-mag.html
http://www.oocities.org/valmirvonreed/MageWord.htm
https://web.archive.org/web/20010418055444/http://www.everlore.com/magic/magic.asp?list=10&mode=list

I see the wiki (http://wiki.project1999.com/Skill_Research) lists components for these pet levels, but no source as to where the entries came from. (am I missing something here?)

The OP link (ttp://web.archive.org/web/200005110....com/mage.html) also doesn't provide recipes/components for these combines.

I am actively looking into this situation, so any additional research will help.

Thanks!

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339230&page=2

WaffleztheAndal
11-07-2019, 08:04 PM
I just popped in to say that despite these mage research issues being a miserable experience for me, I am super grateful to every member of this project's staff for all you've done and achieved. Thank you.

randal.flagg
11-09-2019, 08:57 AM
I just popped in to say that despite these mage research issues being a miserable experience for me, I am super grateful to every member of this project's staff for all you've done and achieved. Thank you.

Definitely share 100% of this sentiment. Thanks for all of your hard work team. I'll be sharing some of my next paycheck with the project for sure.

After experiencing this first had (lvl 35 mage here), I actually really like the idea of research only pets at first. It FORCES you to choose which pets to purchase out of supply/demand. I think next iteration this is fine if we fill in the gaps for research.

It would also be prudent to adjust the drop rates. I do not think they accounted for compounding component requirements (e.g. Words of Dimension needed for EVERY tier pet). Not "classic" but certainly important for class viability.

Obrae
11-09-2019, 10:28 AM
Definitely share 100% of this sentiment. Thanks for all of your hard work team. I'll be sharing some of my next paycheck with the project for sure.

After experiencing this first had (lvl 35 mage here), I actually really like the idea of research only pets at first. It FORCES you to choose which pets to purchase out of supply/demand. I think next iteration this is fine if we fill in the gaps for research.

It would also be prudent to adjust the drop rates. I do not think they accounted for compounding component requirements (e.g. Words of Dimension needed for EVERY tier pet). Not "classic" but certainly important for class viability.

It's more tedious than fun in my opinion, but mostly thegame we have here, is defenetly not meant to work witht hat 100% research pet mechanic.

Last night we went for server first Ishva, we played hours in Paw. Not a single component of any class dropped there, its not even itemized in that place.

If one day we want a better experience. Maybe the solution is to adjust the drop rates and also change the spell scroll components for something else. This way you dont need tons of copy of each words.

Maybe the game could read you have the spell memorize in spellbook or something. But defenetly this system was just crazy and not intended, this is why no other class have anything close to this. I dont think Verant intended shaman to have bette pets than magician :)