PDA

View Full Version : Melee DPS haet

Abacab
02-23-2010, 09:12 PM
I sneak my ass down to frenzy room cause there is an opening and fuck it I wanna try for a sash, I'm within 4 levels of everyone in that group currently so no problem right?

They straight up tell me "You're too low to melee DPS this camp" it's not "Nah we want someone higher" it's YOUR class can't DPS it so we'll hold out for a mage.

Sorry my class sucks so bad at DPS maybe I'll go grind to 50 and score me some woven shadow and maybe then I'll be cool enough to camp with the level 30's in Frenzy...

Or better yet why don't you just be honest and say "I don't want a rogue in the group cause you're gonna make a mad dash for the belt, and I'd rather have the mages in my group greed roll it for 12k"

Tryfaen
02-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Well, what level are you?

yaaaflow
02-23-2010, 09:40 PM
It's true though dude, its a fact of the game. Melee dps is gonna need to be higher level than caster dps for the same camp. You can QQ about it if you want, but the group is just looking out for their own wellbeing.

drplump
02-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Why don't you solo it. Ohh wait that's right you dont do enough DPS to even group it. Maybe you should try to get a hold of a FBSS it might help raise your DPS a bit.

Tryfaen
02-23-2010, 10:06 PM
who was in that group? might as well name names so we know who the douchebags are

Abacab
02-23-2010, 10:18 PM
who was in that group? might as well name names so we know who the douchebags are

I don't like to call out people, that just makes drama just generally it's a rant

karsten
02-23-2010, 10:21 PM

kk

Muerte
02-24-2010, 12:45 AM
I sneak my ass down to frenzy room cause there is an opening and fuck it I wanna try for a sash, I'm within 4 levels of everyone in that group currently so no problem right?

They straight up tell me "You're too low to melee DPS this camp" it's not "Nah we want someone higher" it's YOUR class can't DPS it so we'll hold out for a mage.

Sorry my class sucks so bad at DPS maybe I'll go grind to 50 and score me some woven shadow and maybe then I'll be cool enough to camp with the level 30's in Frenzy...

Or better yet why don't you just be honest and say "I don't want a rogue in the group cause you're gonna make a mad dash for the belt, and I'd rather have the mages in my group greed roll it for 12k"

Just wait till kunark:)

And all rolls should be greed rolls imo. I do not like the "need first" rule when it comes to pickup groups.

Heebee
02-24-2010, 12:56 AM
Just wait till kunark:)

And all rolls should be greed rolls imo. I do not like the "need first" rule when it comes to pickup groups.

Yep pickup groups are a fail when it comes to this kind of thing - try getting a group of your friends together who are prepared to forgo the loot for the tanks in the group (need before greed and all that), and camping it yourself, rather than relying on pickup groups who don't give a toss.

PS Muerte - where's my fbss? :D

Muerte
02-24-2010, 07:12 AM
Yep pickup groups are a fail when it comes to this kind of thing - try getting a group of your friends together who are prepared to forgo the loot for the tanks in the group (need before greed and all that), and camping it yourself, rather than relying on pickup groups who don't give a toss.

PS Muerte - where's my fbss? :D

I accidentally gave it to my pet:D

imcrunchy
02-24-2010, 08:32 PM
why did you even roll a rogue, you should have expected this type of thing to happen. you should sell your gear and make a monk! playing a rogue is like playing a wet piece of paper, kind of limp and wet like a piece of paper.

Heebee
02-24-2010, 09:43 PM
I accidentally gave it to my pet:D

I hate you, no more bone chips for you! :mad:

Yoite
02-26-2010, 12:41 PM
LOL!!!! haha i was this this grp that rejected him. he was lvl 30. sorry dude, i dont remember your name, but ya, you were too low.

The Situation
02-26-2010, 12:48 PM
30 rogue is tool low for Frenzy. That's the facts. A caster should be 35+, preferrably 39. A melee needs to be at least 40+.

Hang out at ass/supp until you're high enough to graduate. I don't think your group is to blame here.

Hasbinbad
02-26-2010, 01:26 PM
why did you even roll a rogue, you should have expected this type of thing to happen. you should sell your gear and make a monk! playing a rogue is like playing a wet piece of paper, kind of limp and wet like a piece of paper.
Excuse me?
..should I break out my parser Crunchy? :D

The Situation
02-26-2010, 01:33 PM
crunchy is trolling. Rogues do the most melee DPS in classic and later on become the highest DPS of any class. Everyone knows this.

Icecometus
02-26-2010, 03:51 PM

Had to do just that man... the PUG method of gaining a FBSS is gonna be tough. Once you loot it tho man you will be so happy :)

Tryfaen
02-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Excuse me?
..should I break out my parser Crunchy? :D

I'd like to see what a raid geared rogue does for dps :p

Murr
02-26-2010, 04:35 PM
I don't understand the entitlement that groups invite you personally.. I'm a rogue too so I've been in the same boat a few times, but if they have the camp and the group to hold it why are you entitled to a spot? They can invite whoever they want.

Hasbinbad
02-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Just remember that rogue epics are insanely easy to get, and there will be lots of people happy to help with the most difficult (lol?) fights. When you mages, enchanters, druids, etc., who didn't want to help get that rogue an fbss because the extra 8k gonna b3n3fit yu SO MACH, actually NEED a rogue to get your epic mobs down, you're gonna be feelin preeeeeeeeetty sheepish. I was lucky enough to fall in with a crew that made sure I got what I needed to be effective, but apparently OP isn't. That he comes on here not to name names but to just generally rant about greed, and instead of finding sympathy finds poorly justified greed.. ..is really kind of sad. Now I'm going to go cry.

All of that aside, Abacab, I didn't get my FBSS until I was 50 for some time. I didn't start grouping at Frenzy until level ~46. Wipe your upper lip, level up a bit, and come back again when you're bigger and people are more skurred of your leet skillz.

Abacab
02-27-2010, 08:58 AM
All I wanted was love... and haste!

Ralph
02-27-2010, 04:43 PM
no.

Sloth
02-27-2010, 04:46 PM
hey when servers come up i will be trying to camp this. Send me a tell, I'll be happy to have you join me if you don't train/suck as a player!

imcrunchy
02-27-2010, 05:01 PM
lol hasbin dont act like you do so much more dmg than monks :P yes rogues do sick dps and yes i was trolling. but rogues dont parse THAT much higher than monks (this was around when fear came out so idk if rogues are doing better with thier respective planar). in terms of support monks do a little better, but they both add a little something extra to groups than just dps.

you don't know how many times ive thought about passing the fbss (that hasbinbad gave me ^_~) to a cute lil halfling rogue of my own! fuck pulling, pew pew pew!:D