PDA

View Full Version : Names on Teal

Malsivius
11-03-2019, 07:26 PM
I didn't /move any toon from green but just decided to make a new one on teal instead. At character creation i'm ending up getting some really hard to get (at least i think) names.

I know for a fact these names have to be taken on blue ...so what happens with the names i've gotten on teal ?

thanks

Eggbell
11-03-2019, 07:31 PM
Teal is cross-checking names that exist on Green.

Teal is NOT cross-checking names that exist on Blue.

Awaiting staff response and action...

Old_PVP
11-03-2019, 07:38 PM
I don't think Green even cross references names on Blue though...

I have a character with the same name on Blue & Green.

soronil
11-03-2019, 07:39 PM
I don't think Green even cross references names on Blue though...

I have a character with the same name on Blue & Green.

Only allowed if same account.

Old_PVP
11-03-2019, 07:43 PM
Only allowed if same account.

I see. Does Red get cross referenced at all? I've tried some obscure names that I have only on Red and they are taken on Green.

Swish
11-03-2019, 08:15 PM
Swish was available on teal, I think its a clean break/clean start on names.

Don't expect to hold them if teal ever merges though.

Baler
11-03-2019, 08:34 PM
The name database on Teal will be shared with Green. You will not be allowed to create the same character name on Teal if it is in use on Green, even if you are on the same account. However, similar to Green, you will be able to create a character with the same name from Blue only if you are on the same account.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339096

Jibartik
11-03-2019, 08:52 PM
I got Jibartik, not available on blue, but got it on teal, went to blue to see if it opened up, it did not 8(

ZarkinFrood
11-03-2019, 08:55 PM

+1

Taredin27
11-03-2019, 08:57 PM
even on green its not cross-checking anymore...

ZarkinFrood
11-03-2019, 09:09 PM
even on green its not cross-checking anymore...

Correct, it appears names on green/teal are not being flagged as "owned" by their blue server counter part.

Siege
11-03-2019, 11:20 PM
This is actually preventing me from copying my character over to Teal. I'm using the same name I used on Blue for 6 years, but someone must have taken that name on Teal, so I'm not able to transfer.

Khikik
11-04-2019, 12:38 AM
This is actually preventing me from copying my character over to Teal. I'm using the same name I used on Blue for 6 years, but someone must have taken that name on Teal, so I'm not able to transfer.

Make a forum petition and we can look into it further.

Tecmos Deception
11-04-2019, 12:47 AM
Swish was available on teal, I think its a clean break/clean start on names.

Don't expect to hold them if teal ever merges though.

Tecmos lives again!

Albeit probably briefly.

Siege
11-04-2019, 12:49 AM
The transfer problem sorted itself out, but I ran into another issue: I was able to create a character on Teal with the same name as another character I have on Blue on a different account. As others have said in this thread, it appears that Blue names are not reserved on Teal like they are (or were?) on Green.

The Grey Witch
11-04-2019, 02:19 AM
Teal is going to officially be the server of NameX pretty soon

Taredin27
11-04-2019, 02:31 AM
any news?

Magikarp
11-04-2019, 12:18 PM
Looks like names aren't checking blue anymore on either server.

free for all once people realize this....

Maybe they've internally decided to never merge with blue?

korzax
11-04-2019, 12:22 PM

LOL

korzax
11-04-2019, 12:23 PM
Looks like names aren't checking blue anymore on either server.

free for all once people realize this....

FFA, baby!

Magikarp
11-04-2019, 12:40 PM
Welp scrambled to protect the 3 I like the most. Lost some random ones. Oh well. Good luck yowl...

Swish
11-04-2019, 12:41 PM
Welp scrambled to protect the 3 I like the most. Lost some random ones. Oh well. Good luck yowl...

I see mass renames when green/teal rolls into blue... if you want to play any of these characters at that point.

Magikarp
11-04-2019, 12:45 PM
Seemed like they had a good thing going to seamlessly merge to blue with green/blue shared name pool. No one was really complaining (rare!)

Wonder if they shelved merge-to-blue plans, or if its a mess-up.. or just a "heck it" moment from the staff...

or maybe they chose to open names on green/teal strategically late to minimize renames, while opening up freedom for the server? Seems weird though since we have like 3 years yet to create a big renaming headache for staff if so.

Teal/Green is sharing fine, though

korzax
11-04-2019, 12:47 PM
maybe green won't merge with blue

Magikarp
11-04-2019, 01:17 PM
The restart just now addressed name linking - all green, teal, blue servers are now drawing from the same name pool, it appears.

The Grey Witch
11-04-2019, 01:34 PM
What resolution occurred for duplicates on teal that exist on blue

whitebandit
11-04-2019, 01:37 PM
The restart just now addressed name linking - all green, teal, blue servers are now drawing from the same name pool, it appears.

is this confirmed?

Swish
11-04-2019, 01:37 PM
What resolution occurred for duplicates on teal that exist on blue

If/when teal gets rolled into green it'll probably sort itself anyway, ultimately nobody on blue is losing their names at the end of the server life cycle.

The Grey Witch
11-04-2019, 02:46 PM
You think? people spent hours making lvl 1s with "reserved" blue names on teal

Nilstoniakrath
11-04-2019, 07:14 PM

Is this confirmed? And it sounds like there was a period of time when names were opened up on Green for names taken on Blue... what happened to those names? Would be helpful if a staff member cleared this up.

Eggbell
11-04-2019, 07:58 PM
Is this confirmed? And it sounds like there was a period of time when names were opened up on Green for names taken on Blue... what happened to those names? Would be helpful if a staff member cleared this up.

The silence is deafening.

oldhead
11-05-2019, 12:54 AM

Figured this would happen so made sure to make alts with my names from blue on green lol.

Llandris
11-05-2019, 08:12 AM

This is correct

jolanar
11-05-2019, 08:14 AM
This is correct

And what about the names that were duped in the meantime? Have those been addressed?

Uuruk
11-05-2019, 08:15 AM
And what about the names that were duped in the meantime? Have those been addressed?

Why does it matter to you?

Old_PVP
11-05-2019, 10:12 AM
I'm curious, what happens to the characters over the 8 character limit once all 3 servers are merged? Pick and choose which are deleted?

Taredin27
11-05-2019, 10:26 AM
This is correct
may we use the names that we dont own on blue or not? And what happens to the Chars if we do?

Magikarp
11-05-2019, 10:46 AM
If you have a duped name, you'll probably have to change them when you get merged and the older one will take priority. So enjoy being Legolas until 3 years from now when you turn into Legolasx (or a GM just lets you change to whatever you want)

They probably don't know exactly how it will happen in 3 years because that's a ways off. That could be why they wouldn't answer you with a definitive process for name resolution. Not that hard to imagine though: if you got the name during the bugged name period, you should expect to lose it, but not for another 3 years time if you already have the character and keep your head down. (Unless the original owner takes issue and opens a petition maybe?)

Also if its on an alt with the wrong race/class combo and you delete it, you'll lose it immediately. That's how I confirmed the servers are now linked.

If you don't want to go through that in 3 years, I recommend opening a petition requesting an immediate name change to one you actually have reserved, and they'll look at your individual case.

Taredin27
11-05-2019, 11:09 AM
If you have a duped name, you'll probably have to change them when you get merged and the older one will take priority. So enjoy being Legolas until 3 years from now when you turn into Legolasx (or a GM just lets you change to whatever you want)

They probably don't know exactly how it will happen in 3 years because that's a ways off. That could be why they wouldn't answer you with a definitive process for name resolution. Not that hard to imagine though: if you got the name during the bugged name period, you should expect to lose it, but not for another 3 years time if you already have the character and keep your head down. (Unless the original owner takes issue and opens a petition maybe?)

Also if its on an alt with the wrong race/class combo and you delete it, you'll lose it immediately. That's how I confirmed the servers are now linked.

If you don't want to go through that in 3 years, I recommend opening a petition requesting an immediate name change to one you actually have reserved, and they'll look at your individual case.
thanks!

Nilstoniakrath
11-05-2019, 07:47 PM

Why does it matter to you?

Uh, it matters to me because I don't want to lose a name I already had on Blue, when the servers merge down the road, because of this. I don't want to worry about having to be of a higher level, if that is the criteria they use. I don't want to think that I have to create toons on Green, and Teal as well, maybe, to avoid this. Or to have to try to do that, just to see if there is a problem, and have to petition if there is. I have a lot of alts and this would be very time consuming.

Any duped name issue should be dealt with now, to be fair to everyone, the people who had the name originally, as well as the people who got a duped name, by no fault of their own more than likely, or even those who knew about the glitch and maybe exploited that to a degree.

Uuruk
11-05-2019, 08:02 PM
Uh, it matters to me because I don't want to lose a name I already had on Blue, when the servers merge down the road, because of this. I don't want to worry about having to be of a higher level, if that is the criteria they use. I don't want to think that I have to create toons on Green, and Teal as well, maybe, to avoid this. Or to have to try to do that, just to see if there is a problem, and have to petition if there is. I have a lot of alts and this would be very time consuming.

Any duped name issue should be dealt with now, to be fair to everyone, the people who had the name originally, as well as the people who got a duped name, by no fault of their own more than likely, or even those who knew about the glitch and maybe exploited that to a degree.

I'm going to keep it real with you chief. You're worrying about your elf name years down the road.

Nilstoniakrath
11-06-2019, 12:22 AM
I'm going to keep it real with you chief. You're worrying about your elf name years down the road.

I agree, actually, and understand that the staff resources are limited. I just wish they would resolve this sooner than later, if possible, and make a statement regarding how duped names will be dealt with. That is actually an open item, for instance, what will happen when the merge is done, if you have the same name on Blue and Green/Teal? That would be an issue regardless of whether or not the glitch in the namebase happened.

Zill
11-06-2019, 10:42 PM
I heard (99% official) rumors that Rogean is going to use a ouija board from 1999 and allow the dead to guide his hand to various letters/vowels for new names when necessary.

It’s the fairest solution in the long run

Nilstoniakrath
11-08-2019, 12:39 AM
Actually, my suspicion is, the devs are thinking that they may end up leaving all the servers alone, no merges, and hence the whole naming issue will be a moot point, the names will end up opening up as a free for all

Which is fine with me

bubur
11-08-2019, 01:06 AM
no you're wrong

100%

how it feel