PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Dark Elf mask as a casual player?

Vanessa
11-03-2019, 05:49 AM
I am planning on making a Troll or Ogre Shaman on Teal when it releases (leaning towards Troll) and I realllllyyyy don't like the look of either of them. It would be great to be able to get the limited drop mask that turns you into a Dark Elf. However, I can only play a few hours at a time per day, maybe 2-4?

So considering that, is it just kind of wishful thinking on my end to be able to get one of those? Is there any realistic chance that a casual player could get one of those?

DMN
11-03-2019, 05:54 AM
Maybe. You have to look at between the window of "most people who wanted one already have it" and the "oh shit it's going to be removed soon so I better get my XYZ character there to get one ASAP".

i know on fenin there was decent period time where masks would be rotting away every hour or two guk.

However there needs to be some big qualifications here: most people had no idea it was going to be removed until it was gone, and the personality types of the p99 population is much different than the classic "average".

Pilgrimzero
11-03-2019, 05:56 AM
I’ve wanted Rubicite since 99.... I still do :(

Ivory
11-03-2019, 06:54 AM
"most people who wanted one already have it"

1? They will be farming as many as they can hold on their alts :|

Enshadowed
11-03-2019, 07:47 AM
Getting a legacy item as a casual player will be extremely difficult. Unless you're ahead of the leveling curve, you're probably going to have to set a whole day, or close to it, aside to acquire one of these items.

Or just get really, really lucky.

Aaramis
11-03-2019, 08:30 AM
Same boat here man. The regen of a Troll SK is too hard to pass up, but looking at that fat arse and the extra xp penalty is just plain harsh.

The min level of 35 to get a mask is going to be the tricky part methinks.

jolanar
11-03-2019, 09:06 AM
This is the ultimate question of green really, and no real way to know. We do have a decent amount of time I think, about 6 months. Just need to get up to like 35+ and pick a night and pull an all nighter or something until you get it. That's probably my strat.

Wallicker
11-03-2019, 09:09 AM
Eventually you’ll get bear form

Cen
11-03-2019, 11:46 AM
I think that rely on getting the dark elf mask so that you don't have to look at a character model you do not like is a bad idea. You're going to be looking at that character model for a while, and even after you get it you'll be the normal model through every zone, every corpse run, every reapplication of the illusion. You'll never forget what you are.

Lulz Sect
11-03-2019, 11:47 AM
imagine rolling a dark elf from the beginning

Bazia
11-03-2019, 11:49 AM
your gonna have to take a day off and sit somewhere for like 20 hours

but you can get it

jolanar
11-03-2019, 12:03 PM
I think that rely on getting the dark elf mask so that you don't have to look at a character model you do not like is a bad idea. You're going to be looking at that character model for a while, and even after you get it you'll be the normal model through every zone, every corpse run, every reapplication of the illusion. You'll never forget what you are.

I agree to a certain extent. But:

1. Having two models I like to look at is better than 1.

2. Guise also functions as an outdoor shrink. Great for many zones.

3. Also has faction modifiers. Can't test obviously, but it might be the only way a Troll Shaman can become friendly with Ogre Shaman for example.

4. Guise gives ultravision, the best sight spell.

Old_PVP
11-03-2019, 12:06 PM
I am planning on making a Troll or Ogre Shaman on Teal when it releases (leaning towards Troll) and I realllllyyyy don't like the look of either of them. It would be great to be able to get the limited drop mask that turns you into a Dark Elf. However, I can only play a few hours at a time per day, maybe 2-4?

So considering that, is it just kind of wishful thinking on my end to be able to get one of those? Is there any realistic chance that a casual player could get one of those?

You won't get one. Better to make peace with that now.

Cen
11-03-2019, 12:11 PM
I agree to a certain extent. But:

1. Having two models I like to look at is better than 1.

2. Guise also functions as an outdoor shrink. Great for many zones.

3. Also has faction modifiers. Can't test obviously, but it might be the only way a Troll Shaman can become friendly with Ogre Shaman for example.

Two models you like is not what I wrotr

Zaar2k
11-03-2019, 12:19 PM

You'll get ultravision at 29 anyway.