PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Enchanter pet does not attack enemies while in water

Lowspudd
10-31-2019, 02:29 PM
enchanter pet does not attack enemies while in water

Sunderfury
11-01-2019, 10:19 AM
This isn't rants and flames, just post legitimate bugs with the facts. Editing OP and deleting responses

Lowspudd
11-02-2019, 02:32 AM
Thanks. I didn't mean to upset anybody.

This may not be a true bug. I just had a confirmed kill in the water in catacombs with my pet.

The no visibility spell failures from the bottom of a pool might be an issue, still. I haven't tried casting in water again. That's always been difficult, but was annoying not being able to target something clearly visible swimming laps just above my head.

Lowspudd
11-02-2019, 03:12 AM
*Update - The casting in water is definitely an issue. I cannot cast on creatures in the water even if I look directly at them, from on land or directly in front of them on the bottom of the pool. It says I cannot see them.

So, anytime something flees into water, and gets stuck fighting there, this inevitably causes issues, and the enc pet can't be commanded. they fight to the death wherever they please.

Videri
11-02-2019, 04:13 AM
In Everquest, you cannot cast on a submerged target from land; and vice versa. That is a feature, not a bug.

Lowspudd
11-02-2019, 08:54 AM
I am aware of this. I was casting from submerged position directly looking at the mob in this instance. Not sinking, because I had stood on the floor of the catacombs in Qeynos. It gave out of sight error because it was straddling the surface plane of the pool. NO MATTER WHAT I cannot cast spells on enemies in water, no matter where I am, their health %, etc.

Videri
11-02-2019, 08:55 AM
Ah. That sounds like a bug, then. Carry on...